The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@stressed I would think about trying a bubbler or a small precooler set up without water. That way it will diffuse the vapour/heat. I only know two ways to cool/moisten vapour when vaping & that is to use water (hot or cold) or to have a longer air pathway such as a whip.

Most people with "heat" issues find it is the dryness of the vapour is where the issue lays & hot water provides moisture. When you cool a vapour all you do is lower the vapour temperature & it is stiill just as dry. If your coughing feels more dry & raspy then your problem lies with moisture not heat my friend.

@vapor33 I suggest you read through the previous 20 pages of this thread & most of your questions will be answered with a lot of details & images etc :tup:.

DDave Kit is essential & there is a thread dedicated to it & reviews for his kits & that is the only mod you will need for the EQ :2c:. You may also want to try using a water pipe as well.

Elbow packing concentrates is simple. A thin layer of herb, a disc of concentrate & a thin layer of herb. Load that & ride the rocket to Mars.

If you google QWISO you will get a lot of instruction manuals/videos but it has been largely replaced by BHO & Rosin making. Essentially you use a solvent to strip the good stuff from the material, filter out the crap & are left with extremely potent product.

As my mix was taken from a coffee grinder that has cannabis & tobacco chopped up in it so putting it in a solvent allowed me to extract the good stuff & leave a lot of crap behind. I then ran it through 3 separate coffee filters to ensure I was left with only actives. After evaporating on the stove I was left with .7 of rock hard concentrate. It is a part of the overall process & there are many guides online for the process.

TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt

Made the stock mouthpiece into a decent stem
cxHgx1D.jpg

vapor33

A couple quick questions:

1. The piece that you put your herbs in has a screen in it, but it's not a great fit. Is there a problem with small specs/pieces of herb falling onto the heating element and damaging it?

2. What do you guys store your Q and all the parts in? I'm sure a lot of you just keep it out, but I need to put mine away. Just wondering if there is some case that has been recommended.

3. How many times can you use a bag before you should toss it?

Thanks.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
A couple quick questions:

1. The piece that you put your herbs in has a screen in it, but it's not a great fit. Is there a problem with small specs/pieces of herb falling onto the heating element and damaging it?

2. What do you guys store your Q and all the parts in? I'm sure a lot of you just keep it out, but I need to put mine away. Just wondering if there is some case that has been recommended.

3. How many times can you use a bag before you should toss it?

Thanks.
If you are referring to the cyclone bowl. You can get the screens to behave better and minimized any particles hitting the element. I do mind it and keep the inside of my EQ clear and have a brush ready for that. It has never been a problem for me unless when I goof.
Like taking the elbow screen out.
However, It really helps to do a thorough cleaning as a maintenance thing also.

Storage related questions.
@Stevenski has got me in the habit of having a full time jar of ISO for rotating all my dirty screens. I have half of my elbow screens soaking, while the other half is ready for use. Have a dry jar just to throw freshly vaped elbow screens into and give a shake to break off the larger particles of ABV.

Don't know of a specific case. But I found a camera case in a free pile that snugly fits over my EQ with the pockets and spaces for the cords and transformer.
People have had modded out Pelican cases with foam or some DIY alternative. That might be more in line of what you had in mind?

Avoid buying any online stores claiming to sell you an 'EQ case.' They are just selling you a stock case with foam inserts. Not even tailored for the dimension of the parts to be enclosed. There are other outfits that make custom cases for anything. Just a matter of giving them the dimensions.

There is a lot of pics in this thread and elsewhere where people post images of their vape station/area/workshop/man cave/living area arrangement. Some people have cabinets arranged with their layout in mind. I would consider a stand of some sort to avoid being clumsy with pieces of hot glass and maybe a heat resistance surface.
For some reason EQers, including myself will use our EQ's on a tile or tiled surface.

I store mine plugged in 24/7. A lot of us are getting better performance, if the unit has been plugged in for a duration then warmed up. Something to do with the transformer. Just don't be alarmed if it seems a little weak at first when you do unplug it.

Also have a thick acrylic toothbrush holder that I use as a tall wand stand, so they don't roll all over my desk. It is easier to pick up everything and store in that manner too.

When a bag gets sticky and forms pinholes. I toss it. If you are careful on how you store them, you can prevent some of the pinholes from forming. About the time it becomes a nuisance to work with. Not sure if reclaim is a good idea or not? I use Vape bags with my own setup instead of stock. btw.

@TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt nice one handed setup. Even ergomanic. :nod:The thick base seems necessary with the extra perc.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Made the stock mouthpiece into a decent stem
cxHgx1D.jpg

You keep up that type of thought process & you will go far in this thread. Inverted whip Gong to silicone to the whip mouthpiece. I expect something of that nature from @CuckFumbustion :lol:

I keep my EQ in a cupboard when not used & have my DDave equipment stored in one biscuit tin & my other EQ equipment stored in another one. Helps keep things nice & tidy as most of the time I use only one style of DDave setup.

If I needed a storage case I would look to find something in a charity store or $2 shop that you can tailor to your requirements.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@vapor33 , the original cyclone bowl and screen really bugged me, I'm a bit ocd and I like a clean eq.... hated bits falling onto heater....

As has been mentioned, the @DDave kit solves this problem as well as addressing others....

Elbow packing reduces this mess....
I only load the adapter(cyclone) when I wanna get wrecked... otherwise a third of a basket, elbow pack at 200, gives me 1 huge cloud or 2 smaller lungfulls....

For concentrates, either sandwich it in the ebow between herb, or use cotton to suspend it. Or sandwich between 2 of the basket screens....many options...

My eq stays out full time, but only with my main set up (18ff ddave - 18wand - silicone whip - mouthpiece)....
All my other peices (bubbler - other size and spare adapters and wands - spare whip - screens - cotton - bags - stock parts - other glass) all live in an organised box that sits beneath my eq table...with my spare eq...

Never really got on with bags, even with the new all glass mini whip....

I feel bag vapour is missing something, it's also stale to me, and all that sticky stuff should be absorbing into my lungs, not stuck to the side of a bag....the bag has alot of cool surface area, this is not good for our vapor, we don't really want it condensing on the bag...but this is my personal opinion and preferences, Im sure some will disagree, and find the bags better....
But to answer your question, depends on your usage...think I got about 4 weeks out of one, using it on and off..

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If anyone want's to try my method with concentrates feel free. I'm going to level with you all & possibly only my Aussie brothers will know what I mean. This method is like you are 13 or 14 & have just learnt the art of punching a cone. Make sure your EQ has been on 240c for an hour or so & all the glass is heated up sufficiently.

I take a small piece of QWISO & squish it between my thumb & forefinger getting it as flat & thin as possible. Once it is suitably thin I use a razor to cut it into small shapes around the size of a elbow screen. I then put .05 of green add the disc & another .05, tamp it & warm it up for 30 seconds or so. Start pulling & rip until the chamber is cleared (35-40 seconds) & become one with the dragon.

I suppose it is like a mini dab of sorts & a couple of those is like a "2 cone headrush" & all I have been doing in my EQ all weekend. I hate the idea of blowing out my tolerance but I have difficulty in exercising restraint at the best of times.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Hmm, my qwiso recalim always stays as an oil...
Only my fresh qwiso solidifies at room temp....

I like oily balls....

No this QWISO was made from kief. A friend uses a coffee grinder to chop up her buds & also mixes with tobacco. Therefore the kief is contaminated so I used a solvent to extract the good stuff & filter out the shit. I have plenty of reclaim in my freezer & that is some rainy day stash.

The main thing with me is one hit extraction is key & that must fill my lungs like a huge bong rip.

Nugg

@Stevensk I had a hash sanga in the EQ this afternoon before taking the dog for a walk :D I love that punch in the face hit you are talking about! It was pretty funny to get home and read your comments about this method being that I'm still ripped from using it :rofl:

My EQ is always out in my shed vaping area. My area is a low 2 draw unit in front of a lounge chair. All my accessories stay in the 2 draws. Spare and infrequently used EQ parts live in a container on a shelf.

@vapor33 maybe you just need a small bit of cupboard space to put the bulky bits in and a few containers for the smalls. Or do you need padded protection?

CuckFumbustion

You keep up that type of thought process & you will go far in this thread. Inverted whip Gong to silicone to the whip mouthpiece. I expect something of that nature from @CuckFumbustion :lol:

I keep my EQ in a cupboard when not used & have my DDave equipment stored in one biscuit tin & my other EQ equipment stored in another one. Helps keep things nice & tidy as most of the time I use only one style of DDave setup.

If I needed a storage case I would look to find something in a charity store or $2 shop that you can tailor to your requirements.
I do admit to trying the unconventional approach.:haw: Now I've downsized the kit needed for my glass warhammer water tool. Looking to get a claisen adapter at some point.

As far as a case for the EQ. I didn't even bother to buy one. It found me! The camera bag does fit in it upside down. but covers everything snugly secure. Or just buy 3 from a charity and find one that fits the dimensions of the EQ and it's parts the best. Then donate the other two back to said charity. Good Karma for finding even more cool finds.;)

@vapor33 , the original cyclone bowl and screen really bugged me, I'm a bit ocd and I like a clean eq.... hated bits falling onto heater....

As has been mentioned, the @DDave kit solves this problem as well as addressing others....

Elbow packing reduces this mess....
I only load the adapter(cyclone) when I wanna get wrecked... otherwise a third of a basket, elbow pack at 200, gives me 1 huge cloud or 2 smaller lungfulls....

For concentrates, either sandwich it in the ebow between herb, or use cotton to suspend it. Or sandwich between 2 of the basket screens....many options...

My eq stays out full time, but only with my main set up (18ff ddave - 18wand - silicone whip - mouthpiece)....
All my other peices (bubbler - other size and spare adapters and wands - spare whip - screens - cotton - bags - stock parts - other glass) all live in an organised box that sits beneath my eq table...with my spare eq...

Never really got on with bags, even with the new all glass mini whip....

I feel bag vapour is missing something, it's also stale to me, and all that sticky stuff should be absorbing into my lungs, not stuck to the side of a bag....the bag has alot of cool surface area, this is not good for our vapor, we don't really want it condensing on the bag...but this is my personal opinion and preferences, Im sure some will disagree, and find the bags better....
But to answer your question, depends on your usage...think I got about 4 weeks out of one, using it on and off..
Bags can be problematic to get it right for all the reasons mentioned plus pinholes, etc. Have gotten skilled with it. So I have it as an option. Right now, I'm leaning towards the airtight end of things.

Trying @Ddaves tall bowl with the herbs sandwiched and pinned between two round screens in the center. Inside the bulge at the center. His and older thick cyclone screen on top.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

Bags can be problematic to get it right for all the reasons mentioned plus pinholes, etc. Have gotten skilled with it. So I have it as an option. Right now, I'm leaning towards the airtight end of things.

Why does everyone talk about this? The bags not lasting or pinholes forming. Both of my stock bags and the vaporbags I bought to replace them when they got too hold, all held out fine. I don't really pack mine up though, I suppose that may do it. I leave my EQ and my bags usually just sitting out on the table, tucked aside.

CuckFumbustion

Why does everyone talk about this? The bags not lasting or pinholes forming. Both of my stock bags and the vaporbags I bought to replace them when they got too hold, all held out fine. I don't really pack mine up though, I suppose that may do it. I leave my EQ and my bags usually just sitting out on the table, tucked aside.
Plastic being plastic, breaks down over time. Stretching thins the walls just like in any other plastic bag. Over time folds and creases tend to form these pinholes and small amounts of vapor can leak. Perhaps the manner your handling, filling and storing prevents a lot of this. But, I've had to throw out bags due to normal usage and also admitting due to my experimentation when they would get handled a lot more.

If you are into bags full time, you have encountered this more and are probably seeking solutions. For all the above reasons mentioned and perhaps just trying to get familiar with the dang thing. Bag mods was the first area I tried to perfect before getting into whip sessions, due to all the fumbling with the stock parts. They have improved the balloon adapter since then. But I had to seek my own way to match with the performance I was expecting.

The Vape Bags are of a different plastic, has creases that help it fill nicer, perhaps thicker grade also. I do max fill my bags, which might stretch them even further.
When I get serious about bags again, I'll come up with a smarter way to store and use them with minimal wear and tear.

TomC1315

Bags: a very simple and straight forward procedure ... kinda like the Arizer Air portable. These two vapes compliment each other quite well ... both are nearly maintenance free, and when I end up using one exclusively for a while, the other is a great change of pace.

Been using only the EQ for a while? The Air delivers the taste that gets lost in translation with the bags.

Lots of the Air recently? The Air (without some water devise) can sometimes kinda get to the throat if the vaping gets to be 24/7 ... the EQ bag is a relief.

I haven't noticed any pinholes leaking vapor ... if i would notice this, well, it's just time to change the bag - no biggie ... relative to the cost of everything else involved, the bags are a small part of the cost of doing business.

1wyNjuTl.jpg

AAufe2Zl.jpg

dMOMpozl.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Fuck site maintenance....

I know it needs to happen...

I vaped some of my prime top colas last night, been curing for 4 months, it produced the best vapour iv ever seen, looked like it was thick smoke I was exhaling...
Oh and it wiped the floor with me...

CuckFumbustion

Been shortening the path between My "Q" and my EQ. The adapter that I used above the wand, has now become the wand that I use. Cut off some more hose to shorten the path further.

I don't know if I just got lucky or good. But the "Q" with the long glass pathway has been solid and dependable for me for about 2 weeks now. I seem to be getting the right amount of extraction plus I can draw in such a manner to allow the cloud in the "Q" to get thicker with each inhale. Plus I can coax more vapor out of a near spent cap. I believe that I'm taking advantage of the design of the Bucner flask to extract vapor from the EQ. Hopefully that idea will carry over whenever I decide to get a properly designed water tool. For now its the Glass Warhammer when I'm questing for vapor bliss and fighting combustion in Skyrim as well as here at FC.

Own the Arizer 4.0 but got the much earlier parts list for the balloons. Not the better one with the 14mm(?) connection and the wider pathway. Missed out on that.

Have any bag users thought about modifying a Large Volcano bag for the EQ? Vape bags are great. But was considering a bag that can contain the full vapor of one elbow pack. When I was a new user and first experimented with the cyclone bowl with + 5 temps stepping, I got familiar with the taste range from that. Wanted to get all of the flavor and actives in a single bag atm. Just play with the temps range as the bag filled getting the full range of extraction as well. Since I have an adapter that is angled enough to work as well as an Arizer mini-whip. I can entertain the idea of big Zeppelin sized air balloon full of vapor.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Been shortening the path between My "Q" and my EQ. The adapter that I used above the wand, has now become the wand that I use. Cut off some more hose to shorten the path further.

I don't know if I just got lucky or good. But the "Q" with the long glass pathway has been solid and dependable for me for about 2 weeks now. I seem to be getting the right amount of extraction plus I can draw in such a manner to allow the cloud in the "Q" to get thicker with each inhale. Plus I can coax more vapor out of a near spent cap. I believe that I'm taking advantage of the design of the Bucner flask to extract vapor from the EQ. Hopefully that idea will carry over whenever I decide to get a properly designed water tool. For now its the Glass Warhammer when I'm questing for vapor bliss and fighting combustion in Skyrim as well as here at FC.

Own the Arizer 4.0 but got the much earlier parts list for the balloons. Not the better one with the 14mm(?) connection and the wider pathway. Missed out on that.

Have any bag users thought about modifying a Large Volcano bag for the EQ? Vape bags are great. But was considering a bag that can contain the full vapor of one elbow pack. When I was a new user and first experimented with the cyclone bowl with + 5 temps stepping, I got familiar with the taste range from that. Wanted to get all of the flavor and actives in a single bag atm. Just play with the temps range as the bag filled getting the full range of extraction as well. Since I have an adapter that is angled enough to work as well as an Arizer mini-whip. I can entertain the idea of big Zeppelin sized air balloon full of vapor.
I have seen many people use volcano bags with the eq and even the modded them to use the volcano valve as well. A quick google search will come up with a few good results , i also remember a company making a adapter for the eq to use volcano bags , i'll have to try and do some searching to find it .

CuckFumbustion

@Justpassedu Yea seen some of those mods. At this point, I'm trying to get the best of those ideas and incorporate them together. If you find the alternative adapter, I will at least examine it's design and make out what features I can from it. Is the Volcano bags superior than say Vape bags as far as thickness, etc? Willing to revisit the subject again. Since my water option seems to be set.

TomC1315

Been shortening the path between My "Q" and my EQ.
Have any bag users thought about modifying a Large Volcano bag for the EQ?

Speaking for myself ... not until now :-)

Intriguing idea ... the bags I received along with my second (back up) all glass mini-whip seem smaller (though not by much) and a little bit different in the design. That being said, I could be completely wrong about that.

FWIW, regarding the volcano valve, I can't imagine it being any easier than the bolt/screw protectors available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. that I use ...

gpQlGEpl.jpg

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu Yea seen some of those mods. At this point, I'm trying to get the best of those ideas and incorporate them together. If you find the alternative adapter, I will at least examine it's design and make out what features I can from it. Is the Volcano bags superior than say Vape bags as far as thickness, etc? Willing to revisit the subject again. Since my water option seems to be set.
I believe the bags from the volcano are a bit better than the stock eq bags , they are better material and thicker from what i remember , i sold my volcano after owning the eq for a bit. Once in awhile way back when i needed bags in a pinch for the volcano i would run to the super market and get some large turkey bags or the ones for chicken. Those worked really well also and are very inexpensive and are food grade material with a high temp rating. i recommend trying some out next time your food shopping. I'll keep a look out my self for any good ideas regarding adapting of volcano parts to the eq. I personally have not used the bag system enough on the eq to go through the bags it came with yet , i do however use a camel back hydration valve as a stopper and it works great.

Sds

Hi Guys,

First post here! Is this a normal amount of build up?

My elbows look like this after about 4 days of use (4hrs per day). Stock machine apart from upgraded too food grade silicone whip tubing.
I do elbow pack pretty much every time. It just seems like a lot of build up in there and i'm finding the vapour gets really weak by the 2nd/3rd pull @ 215C.

Any help is appreciated cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom