The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I bought an extreme Q the same time I got my Solo, Jan 2013. I never really got into the Q because I loved the Solo (and Air) so much.

Is there a way to get more medicine in the elbow screen and still get a good extraction?

Wow. If you have both the Solo and EQ, I would do something like this:

EQ&Solo.jpg

That is the setup I use when I really need to get medicated!! Now I use the Ddave parts...you should do a similar thing. You will love it.:love:

Last edited:

gnel1011

I am looking to purchase a bong to hook up to the arizer extreme q.... I use the DDave mod. Could anyone give me suggestions on a good one as I've been out of the loop for awhile. Do I want one with a perculator? What are 'oil rigs' and how are they different from regular bongs - could I use one of those as well for the vaporizer?

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

@gnel1011 , I would advise the d020-d, it seems to be the first choice of many for the eq...it's not really a bong as such...

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-...g-percolator/187214099.html#s1-1-1|1372471433

It can be used for dabbing too...

Was 24 quid, delivered to the uk...

Someone on reddit mentioned to me the fc-278, which is the d020-d with a claisen adapter. I owned a d020-d before my friend broke it, and now I'm torn between which one to get... although I know you can't go wrong with a d020-d.

My EQ seems to be fine now, also, it hasn't been hesitating at all lately. Must have just been a fluke.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Someone on reddit mentioned to me the fc-278, which is the d020-d with a claisen adapter. I owned a d020-d before my friend broke it, and now I'm torn between which one to get... although I know you can't go wrong with a d020-d.

My EQ seems to be fine now, also, it hasn't been hesitating at all lately. Must have just been a fluke.
The 278 is not the same diameter, it's smaller than the 20d. Also it doesn't come with a Claisen, but it does have multiple 18mm male outlets to help create different setups. I love it with the UFO, options galore! If you're only wanting one though, I'd say get the 20d b/c you know what you're receiving and you already like it combined with EQ. If you decide later to expand, definitely pick up the 278. Hope this helps! :2c::peace:

throwawaytre3s

The 278 is not the same diameter, it's smaller than the 20d. Also it doesn't come with a Claisen, but it does have multiple 18mm male outlets to help create different setups. I love it with the UFO, options galore! If you're only wanting one though, I'd say get the 20d b/c you know what you're receiving and you already like it combined with EQ. If you decide later to expand, definitely pick up the 278. Hope this helps! :2c::peace:

It does, actually, thank you! I'm glad to have that cleared up, I'll definitely order the 20d for now, because like you said, I'm familiar with it and I like it with my EQ. I already have the adapter setup to run it with my EQ, too, so that's helpful. Thanks, man!

Also, the EQ is definitely working this morning, man! Gonna knock some studying out of the way before I go to the dentists later...

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Well my funky hippy head shop will be back in business.:rockon: Got 3 more glass pieces for $20. Came home with a 6 slit downstem, angled adapter, and the long ass stem.
The output of the flask is designed for a vacuum hose. So imagine a long stem attached to that being essentially a steamroller. :nod:I can switch out the stem as well as the downstem, if I care to. Have my eye on a $30 downstem that would really pair nice with the flask. But my budget is maxed atm. I do mean this humbly, But for a first time setup, I am impressed with all this glass working for me!
The "Q" flask is extremely robust.:science: Once I came up with my own solution for the long ass wand, I could play with the variables to get the draw that I wanted.
There is almost no resistance with the downstem being in the center of things. I already tried all of my portables with the "Q". Any portable known for resistance has met it's match. :goon:My Flowermate 1.0 pen vape sits on top of the downstam as if it belongs there. I can walk around the room with it balanced on top. It thinks it is an Arizer Solo when it sits on top of the "Q" pushing out thick plumes of vapor on the first draw. Even with my janky setup, My PAX refused to quit producing vapor. I would let it heat itself twice then draw out blue gassy fumey clouds. I really like the little window that the downstem provides, so I can examine the vapor path.

I did have a clean corner break off the stem end of he L.A.W. So I put the hookah tip that came with it and re affixed it to work well with the wand and some silicone tubing. I already liked the tip to begin with. And I can peer down the opening of the tip like some sort of telescope and see what's in the pathway. I had to put paracord around the end and center of the L.A.W, so It is more visible and easier to grab. The homemade stand for the L.A.W is also used to have the "Q" sit at whatever angle gives it the best bubble action. But I can tweak and get heavy, air slapping the bottom of the base, draws. It just keeps getting better performance the more time I spend getting to know it. The EQ and the "Q" setup will get tighter once I get my pricey downstem and a claisen adapter arrangement. All about Force, balance and push. But for all you Dragonborn there is one word for that.FUS RO DAH!!!
9DfPnhd.jpg

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

There are so many d020 variations. But it is the baseline piece to me for the EQ. The d020-d I was looking at had a flat top with a recessed female 18mm opening. That is a huge consideration for me. Heavy bottom to prevent slippage, no nonsense through the center airway for easy air intake and cleaning. The mouthpiece's intake is at the very top of the inside volume. If I saw a d020 version that had the perc fully formed into the base like say a full tube top to bottom, then you would have a fully solid piece in every sense.
My glass warhammer pictured above is a primitive d020 in some respects. What didn't jive with the criteria, I corrected. Like say the base I have for the bottom of the "Q" and then making up for the small throat with the L.A.W.:nod:(Long-Ass-Wand) Having the vapor go through the very top and center of the piece instead of say some sort of Ferris wheel of travel, which takes a lot of the guess work with drag. The neck on my piece has some inside volume above the output, but the stem is designed to have a vacuum hose attached to it, so it compensates for that small negative. So even if you don't buy a d020 you can still use it as a template when choosing something else or modding what you have around.:peace:

Last edited:

gnel1011

Hmm.. the d020-d looks great, I'm really considering getting it since you guys are recommending it. My only gripe with it from looking at the pictures is that the whip comes out of the top middle, which in my mind could be annoying? Is there a variation without it coming out of the top?

also - any recommendations on good online head shops with fair prices?

CuckFumbustion

Hmm.. the d020-d looks great, I'm really considering getting it since you guys are recommending it. My only gripe with it from looking at the pictures is that the whip comes out of the top middle, which in my mind could be annoying? Is there a variation without it coming out of the top?

also - any recommendations on good online head shops with fair prices?
Not sure if you are confusing it with another type or if it is in the wording? The female 18mm adapter is where the vapor would go in. With say a male connection from a wand or adapter. The vapor collects toward the top and is pulled from the large mouthpiece area pictured. I have seen models that have removable mouthpieces making them even more interchangeable. I think having a wand going into the female connection would be preferable, plus you can always add an adapter without it becoming taller as oppoded to correcting a male connection. Plus that added bonus of using portables with no adapters! I broke the tops off of two pieces already. But to answer your question, you can find one of the reputable dealers on DHgate and try for the best. Or pay more locally in your home country.
d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking.jpg

I'm no expert and there is plenty of exceptions somewhere. But It narrows down to DHgate dealers where the quality had to be scrutinized but the price is reasonable and the shipping is laggy. Higher end to High end glass that has been made by some artist/artisan/business with a price to match or Wine thin inexpensive careful-don't-shale it glass or Scientific glass.
That is the setup I use when I really need to get medicated!! Now I use the Ddave parts...you should do a similar thing. You will love it.:love:
Pyrex claisen adapter balanced in such a way that the Solo can sit upside down and share the pathway.:nod: @Dr. Soxhlet did you notice that that the very top of the D020 and the very top of the EQ are nearly the same height? :hmm: Sure you have other considerations then me, like making it cat friendly.:lol:

Did go on a search for claisen adapters and pretty much only need two right angles and a straight stretch with a second input that would use its balance weight with the EQ. But having the hose allows it to be moved around.

Been using the adapter with the slight bend to open/close the intake. Glass piece clears instantly.

I have my EQ sit at a slight angle at the moment. It behaves better with the tall setup, I'm finding. Since I can tilt my Glass Warhammer at any angle with the tray it sits on. Learned a lot in Lab class today. :rockon:1 or 2 more pieces and I'm GTG for GOG.
I am looking to purchase a bong to hook up to the arizer extreme q.... I use the DDave mod. Could anyone give me suggestions on a good one as I've been out of the loop for awhile. Do I want one with a perculator? What are 'oil rigs' and how are they different from regular bongs - could I use one of those as well for the vaporizer?
Looks like the solution has already presented itself. Read this page and the few before about the d020-d. Any thought or suggestions to offer HOW to get one would be helpful. Also there is the cheap bubbler thread that talks about this and other pieces. I never owned one. But the design is perfect for a first time vapor bong. Until I find one that has the perc fully attached to the bottom. This is a solid template.

It became a running joke for me when I suggested Arizer just ship one of these with each unit and save everybody that question. :haw: Seen it discussed so much that I'm not even bothering to go buy one. I just 'made' mine instead.:science:

CuckFumbustion

+ 1 × full @DDave kit
+ 1 × 99.9 isopropyl bottle
+ 10 meters of silicon tube
+ hemp fibre
I was thinking of a basic starter kit for EQ enthusiasts. All those things and a package of vape bags plus the D020 and you have all the bases covered.
Then if you want to experiment on your own, there is enough components as well.
how do u use the hemp fibre?
It gets used for reclaim. Never tried it myself. I have noticed reclaim seems to cling to glass more than tubing. Would it be smart to place it at the very end of a wand for that and other reasons? I actually have a practical use for hemp fibre now. Would I be able to make essential oils with a wand full of fibre? What have others tried? Does vaping hemp have anything +/- health wide? Can anybody recommend?

10 meters of silicone tubing? Perhaps, If it is 3 different dimensions. ;) Plus the tubing that comes with the @DDave kit. I should get around to that.

Consider having stuff for on hand for emergencies. Anything to cover issues with putting down hot glass in a hurry, water spills and crime scene cleanup ahead of time in case of mishaps.:uhoh:
+ toothpicks - never use metal as a scraping tool on glass kids.
+ coffee filters - Good for cleaning. Absorbing spills. Drying.
+ tweezers for rescuing hot elbow screens
+ heat resistant place mat/area to place hot bowls.

I think I want a custom built water piece that resembles the EQ in shape. :haw: Have them set side by side like Salt and Pepper shakers. But also practical and a solid mouthpiece.
Wait a minute. Here's one below that kind of resembles an EQ in shape pretty well.
Has anybody heard of it? Oh so you have heard of the d020-d already?
close enough to S&P, If only they both were to scale.
d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking.jpg
aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I really love my Blaze bubbler for the EQ. It is a perfect volume & my absolute go to piece especially with the temp I like to run the EQ at.

@CuckFumbustion is spot on about having spares & as many as possible.

For my EQ I have the following

• 2 x OEM DDave short 18mm
  • 1 x OEM DDave tall 18mm
  • 1 x OEM DDave short 14mm
  • 1 x OEM DDave tall 14mm
  • 1 x OEM Arizer cyclone bowl
  • 1 x FakeDave short 18mm
  • 3 x 18mm whip to bong adapters
  • 1 x 14mm whip to bong adapter
  • 1 x OEM DDave 18mm wand
  • 1 x OEM DDave 14mm wand
  • 3 x OEM Arizer 18mm elbows
  • various whip/bag mouthpieces
  • 2 x unused 1m silicone whips
Being in the land Downunder it is not so easy to get parts so I tend to ensure I am not in a position where I "run out" of anything. I do not believe there is a store in Sydney that would sell any Arizer parts or vaporizer parts at all? If there was one by fluke an elbow would probably be $25 *& a EQ $400. Then again I have ordered 5 x G/NonG's, 3 x DD stems & 25 + screens for my new UD so......

I can only encourage all EQ owners to hoard glass & being 18mm you can get creative. If you think it may work try it out. Even if it does not work you will learn more about how to get the most out of your machine. When my EQ has preheated for 6+ hours at 230c it rips harder & more completely but that includes getting the DDave wand pretty damm warm. It is actually a completely different weapon then compared to when it has been on for only an hour for example.

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion is spot on about having spares & as many as possible.
If even getting adapter parts is a hard find. Having at least one of each 18mm F/F and M/M will help reverse some of your main parts. Think of the adapters and wands as being duel purpose too.

So no comments on the Glass Warhammer? Well to close it, I can upgrade the cork and downstem for it later and use even less water. The 6 slit downstem works great.
but, I do have my eye on an even longer downstem with 20+ slits with thick glass, unless I decide to go with a custom all toghether. It is nice to window shop for some parts or even see something in a display case instead of online, and I feel for those who have to order internationally to get things of a certain quality and availability. Offer help where I can.

Still at a constant efficient 200c when home. Plugged in 24/7 otherwise. Getting even better results with either my wand or water setup, I can get bricked mocha brown ABV without scorching. No rush to take out the cap. The equipment is geared toward my type of session now, instead of me conforming to it to get better performance. Just treat an elbow pack like a hookah session. Draw only when I feel the need. More things seem to be coming together. :peace:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I think I am going to purchase the d020-d since it is so affordable too. In terms of where I should buy this, is that dhgate website good ? Is it safe and reliable ? Any other suggestions of good sites to buy glass from ?
I'd start with the cheap high-quality bubbler thread. Most of the discussions are about DHgate pieces and doing business with them and finding a reputable dealer, avoiding sketchy Chinese business practices, etc.

You would have narrow down what you are looking for us to answer the last question. Something that resembles the d020-d perhaps?

If I do a search on DHgate for d020-d I get over 5 sellers that allow for a minimum order of one unit atm. Very subject to change. Some are listed through filtering who is more reputable and have more experience, have better ratings, have them in stock, etc. So you could find a seller and ask around the cheap high-quality bubbler thread and get to know more about the seller ahead of time. If possible before committing to a buy and possible long wait.:2c:

When buying anything from DHgate see if their is a Minimum order required from a seller. Otherwise I would direct my questions toward that thread because frankly that is where most FC DHgate buyers hang. And help new buyers avoid any hassles and hazards. Good luck!

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

So I got pretty baked last night and a little drunk, too, and decided to open my EQ up. I only unscrewed the base. You wouldn't believe what was in there man! Easily a dub. I suspect most of it is from my friend, I lent him my EQ for a few months while I was away. I suspect he was not as careful loading it as I am. It was a little dry, and tasted pretty stale, but overall it worked man.

Dremor

So, after 4 weeks of waiting for my 18mm DDAve Kit arrived 2 Day´s ago.
One Day before i bought a bubbler.

And....what should i say, it´s reeeeeeaaally really nice. No comparison to the Hardware that comes with the EQ. Before Bags where my Method. But with the Bubbler and the Mod parts, it reaches new dimensions :D:tup:

The 15 bugs I had to pay for delivery in my Country where it worth.

CuckFumbustion

Been getting a lot of extraction power from my tweaked bubbler setup. Can stack the thicker vapor inside the piece, before breaking the connection between the EQ and getting that shotgun blast of the thicker stuff at the end of the hit. Classic bong rips with cotton mouth. Was using the @DDave 18mm bowl to do this instead of an elbow pack. The water piece compensated for any lag. The thickness of the vapor accumulating in the water piece and what is desired is a matter of playing with the draw strength since my inner pathway between the EQ and the "Q" has been widened and the hose has been shortened. If I pull in the Water piece the EQ makes a small rattle noise.

I think I'm on to something with being able to manipulate the thickness of vapor with the Glass Warhammer. The long straight shotgun mouthpiece allow for more direct pull plus the connection in the bottle is already designed for a vacuum hose.

So I got pretty baked last night and a little drunk, too, and decided to open my EQ up. I only unscrewed the base. You wouldn't believe what was in there man! Easily a dub. I suspect most of it is from my friend, I lent him my EQ for a few months while I was away. I suspect he was not as careful loading it as I am. It was a little dry, and tasted pretty stale, but overall it worked man.
That will cause your fan to malfunction. I'd clean it as soon as I was done lending it out. New user spillovers and really fine ABV will both cause debris to accumulate in the body. Well at least you got a dub's worth for your troubles.:brow:

Still goof occasionally, But have honed my cap filling skills. With a new setup, I do think through visually the steps needed to fill and remove a cap. And try to have a natural way of doing it with less fumbling. Try to have a comfortable method of clearing a water piece, change bowls and wands and caps on the fly, easy emptying and cleaning the screens. Then fold your personal rituals into the method towards the end. Have an emergency clean up kit and area on hand for mishaps.:peace:

gnel1011

Quick question - as I'm searching for a bong to use with my EQ, I'm wondering... does it make a difference if I get a bong with a joint that is 14mm as opposed to 18mm? Do you guys recommend a 18mm, and if so, why?

(btw, I will have both a 18mm and 14mm water tool adaptor, so that is not an issue)

CuckFumbustion

Quick question - as I'm searching for a bong to use with my EQ, I'm wondering... does it make a difference if I get a bong with a joint that is 14mm as opposed to 18mm? Do you guys recommend a 18mm, and if so, why?

(btw, I will have both a 18mm and 14mm water tool adaptor, so that is not an issue)
18mm is going to have the wider volume and tends to have less pinching, generally. But It has more to do with what ever water piece you are using and it's draw stregnth.
Not sure what basis your question is coming from. Care to elaborate?

Anyway, if your bowl is 18mm then you would have no telescoping of the vapor path until it reaches your water piece, Which I'm presuming has an 18mm connection?
Also there is water tool threads that might cover the subject matter a little better. Not exactly a quick answer to your question, but I'm not sure of what you are presuming with the 18mm/14mm question. Restriction is to be avoided with a good setup, so people generally go with the 18mm pathway.

Top Bottom