• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
At first I had the same idea, so I took the 18mm male-male adapter from my D020 and used it as an adapter for a bag. It's pretty clever, the bag inflates going up like a Volcano, and you just plug that 18mm end on a water tool to empty the bag.

Why you would rather have the heat in the bag? I tried the first bag at 175C and the mouthpiece stayed at room temperature. The smoothness reached another level.

Not sure if you are confused more by my method or my explanation. @Episode666 Anywho..
In this earlier post I mentioned my success with using the chillum as an poor man's SSV. It is already attached to a broken EQ elbow. So it stands 4 1/2 inched from the top of the Ddave.
The bowl end of the chillum faces up and is concave much like an adapter. :nod: So I can take a balloon with a small pvc plug end and press it into the bowl end. No fuss separating the balloon from the EQ. (I can also plug the chillum bowl with the fat end of EQ wand and trap the heat/vapor.) Hope that visual clears that up.

Honestly, I was tempted to try your direct method. But you do want a buffer between the adapter and the bag. Guess your setup was a little to close to the action. Did you use a Ddave with this too? :o What I was trying to convey is short direct path is good. The heat of the glass being a positive. Hot air rises quicker,etc. So a warmed up wand will help that along.

As far as my PM's SSV, it is actually 3 pieces. The middle piece being the silicone tubing holding the two glass's toghether. So normally, the bottom EQ piece is going to be hotter then the chillum. When a bag does get filled it is dry and tepid warm. But not hot. I do get the chimney heat effect which seems to fill the bag quicker. But I only run the heat at 200c. 230c is almost combustion level with an efficient set up for me. Yes, I had a failure at 230c that sounds like what you experienced. "OMG That's not vapor, that's smoke. "

Another thought since you're experimenting. I try to allow a lot of room around the tube on the inside of the bag for airflow. I even used a kitchen thermometer to read the temp of the wand.:science:

Episode666

Not sure if you are confused more by my method or my explanation. @Episode666 Anywho..
In this earlier post I mentioned my success with using the chillum as an poor man's SSV. It is already attached to a broken EQ elbow. So it stands 4 1/2 inched from the top of the Ddave.
The bowl end of the chillum faces up and is concave much like an adapter. :nod: So I can take a balloon with a small pvc plug end and press it into the bowl end. No fuss separating the balloon from the EQ. (I can also plug the chillum bowl with the fat end of EQ wand and trap the heat/vapor.) Hope that visual clears that up.

Honestly, I was tempted to try your direct method. But you do want a buffer between the adapter and the bag. Guess your setup was a little to close to the action. Did you use a Ddave with this too? :o What I was trying to convey is short direct path is good. The heat of the glass being a positive. Hot air rises quicker,etc. So a warmed up wand will help that along.

As far as my PM's SSV, it is actually 3 pieces. The middle piece being the silicone tubing holding the two glass's toghether. So normally, the bottom EQ piece is going to be hotter then the chillum. When a bag does get filled it is dry and tepid warm. But not hot. I do get the chimney heat effect which seems to fill the bag quicker. But I only run the heat at 200c. 230c is almost combustion level with an efficient set up for me. Yes, I had a failure at 230c that sounds like what you experienced. "OMG That's not vapor, that's smoke. "

Another thought since you're experimenting. I try to allow a lot of room around the tube on the inside of the bag for airflow. I even used a kitchen thermometer to read the temp of the wand.:science:

I was probably confused by both, and then by the balloons we had! I would like to see your setup, but I think I get it better now.

For the direct method, I tried using both bowls, and various temperatures. My "terminal" temperature is normally around 230C, but it was throat tearing well below that, from 180C and up. I think the inflation is just too quick, with too little heat being put into the herbs, and too much into the balloon, so the vapor is scarce and you must inhale a cubic foot of hot dry air to get some. This convinced me on buying the all glass kit, because the "straw" it creates is thinner, and I missed the glass on glass simplicity.

Another EQ user here gave me the idea a while ago to use this Herbalizer Balloon Bag GonG Adapter (18mm male) with the Herbalizer SqueezeValve Balloons and I thought it was brilliant, but it's even more expensive.

On my friends Vapir Rise 2.0, the balloons are inflated through the same silicone whip you use for, well, whips. This machine produces stellar quality bags. I was actually on the verge of selling my EQ to some dude who wanted it but couldn't care to order online, so I would get a Rise. I like my EQ but wanted some change, so the glass set was still a cheap upgrade in that regard.

I once had a smoke incident where I pushed it to 235 and it ignited. The bag filled with smoke instantly and from this day I'm not leaving the unit unattended over 200 :-P If I remember correctly it was with the DDave and SSV + balloon sitting on top.

These harsh bags were something entirely different, weak density and 10 on the harshness scale.

Last edited:

Osiris

Seriously, I spent DAYS just trying to find a picture of it set up. Are there any places to get it aside from Arizer directly? It's a little spendy after shipping.

Does the mouthpiece get hot being in the flow? Can you say it tastes any cleaner?

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked, it seems awesome. I've been on the fence but perhaps I should just go for it. I emailed them for a picture and several days later, no response. And NO ONE in the Western Hemisphere seems to carry the part except Arizer directly. :-(

There is a guy on eBay that sells the glass whip kit for $25.00 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-All-...251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35edf8c8f3

He sells lots of arizer parts, I bought an elbow from him.

AbeOnline

There is a guy on eBay that sells the glass whip kit for $25.00 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-All-...251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35edf8c8f3

He sells lots of arizer parts, I bought an elbow from him.
Yeah! I cam across his other auction, PM'ed him then got a link to that ad.

But I've kinda moved on to something a bit more experimental. Thankfully I have lots of leftover tubing tools from some car projects... :-)

Thanks for the post, though - if I hadn't heard from the guy I'd be kinda stuck. :-)

DogDad

I have some questions for those of you that use bags and elbow packs.

How many bags can you get from a single elbow pack before it's time to reload?

What temps and fan speeds do you set for each bag?

For example:

1st bag 380* Fan 3
2nd bag 400* Fan 2
3rd bag 420* Fan 1
4th bag 500* Fan 1
Reload.

My normal wake an bake temp is about 380*. If I just wanted to vape at *380, how many bags of 380* medicine could I get out of one elbow pack?

vakednotfried

i get vaked and hit vongs is it so wrong?
I have some questions for those of you that use bags and elbow packs.

How many bags can you get from a single elbow pack before it's time to reload?

What temps and fan speeds do you set for each bag?

For example:

1st bag 380* Fan 3
2nd bag 400* Fan 2
3rd bag 420* Fan 1
4th bag 500* Fan 1
Reload.

My normal wake an bake temp is about 380*. If I just wanted to vape at *380, how many bags of 380* medicine could I get out of one elbow pack?
I don't do bags any more but i use to get 3 milky bags. My temps were 190 200 210 degrees celcius. It can also depend on your herb. Are you heating the unit up. I turn mine on put cyclone in put it on 230 degrees c fan 3 after 15/20 I put the elbow in unpacked let that heat up fan 1 230 degrees c for 5. Than I place the screen packed in the elbow let the herb heat up for 2 4 minutes and she will crank. When I use to use the bags I would fill it up fan 1 for denser vapor. Usually i just do 3 dense bags as opposed to 5 6 whispy bags.
Elbow pack with a bong connected I easily get 5 to 10 big rips depending on the product

edit sorry if my response is all over the place trying to medicate and type at the same damn time

biohacker

Although i'm loving the EQ, i've mostly abandoned using the cyclone bowl because of that damn screen that doesn't ever want to seat. Any tips? Is it just time needed for more resin to form? It's funny, back in the early days I would exclusively use the bowl as the elbow packs never seemed to work for me (dark spots), but probably because I started off with too high of a temp (220ish). I'm using the elbow pack successful now starting at a lower temp.

vakednotfried

Although i'm loving the EQ, i've mostly abandoned using the cyclone bowl because of that damn screen that doesn't ever want to seat. Any tips? Is it just time needed for more resin to form? It's funny, back in the early days I would exclusively use the bowl as the elbow packs never seemed to work for me (dark spots), but probably because I started off with too high of a temp (220ish). I'm using the elbow pack successful now starting at a lower temp.

I have seen people on here mention they trimmed their screen down a bit.
I just pushed my thumb down in the middle of the screen to give it a reverse dome shape and after a while the heat should help it ease in try using the stirring tool to push it in a bit after you have domed it and heated it a bit

AbeOnline

What is it the elbow packing really does for you? I've seen people talking about it everywhere - it sounded (when I first read it) like it was just more harsh and little other benefit?

Otherwise, it just seems like there's a lot more than the 25-50 mg a casual dose can fit, so of course there's a lot more vapor.

What am I missing? :-)

vakednotfried

What is it the elbow packing really does for you? I've seen people talking about it everywhere - it sounded (when I first read it) like it was just more harsh and little other benefit?

Otherwise, it just seems like there's a lot more than the 25-50 mg a casual dose can fit, so of course there's a lot more vapor.

What am I missing? :-)

elbow pack concentrates hear to a smaller area creating denser vapor as opposed to the cyclone bowl. also you don't nees to stir the herb.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have seen people on here mention they trimmed their screen down a bit.
I just pushed my thumb down in the middle of the screen to give it a reverse dome shape and after a while the heat should help it ease in try using the stirring tool to push it in a bit after you have domed it and heated it a bit
I just put mine in a closet.
the SOLO is way better!

vakednotfried

I got the solo to just use it as is and use the eq for the big rips. I love the air solo and eq equally lol. Put the eq does get annoying having to move two seats down on my lounge to reach the bong and eq lol

vakednotfried,

AbeOnline

elbow pack concentrates hear to a smaller area creating denser vapor as opposed to the cyclone bowl. also you don't nees to stir the herb.
Do you have an idea for how much goes in there? Does it seem to run out/get wasted if you don't use it all at once?

With loose herb, I often find that if I just shut it off and let it sit, the second bag is like WAY less potent than I would expect. Maybe it's all in my head.

vakednotfried

Do you have an idea for how much goes in there? Does it seem to run out/get wasted if you don't use it all at once?

With loose herb, I often find that if I just shut it off and let it sit, the second bag is like WAY less potent than I would expect. Maybe it's all in my head.

In the elbow? If im busy and need a git or two i take my hits than take the elbow packed screen out. But leave the elbow piece in to keep it warm. When you want to hit again put packed elbow in let it reheat.
Are you talking about elbow packed bags or elbow packs in general?
Are you letting all glass heat up? when i hit my bong through eq with elbow pack I can get 4 to 5 packed elbows from a gram usually. And out of the elbows 5 to 10 big rips as i said depending on your bud. Haven't wieghed how much goes in elbow but i have read people saying from .10 of gram to .25 of gram. Keep replying and I'm sure I can help you out.
if you are chasing clouds forget the bigs and use the whip or hook it up to a bong

DogDad

Elbow pack with a bag will normally get me 1 milky bag and 1-3 (depending on the stuff) whispy bags, on 380-410 f. I wish I got more thick vapor bags out of it.

I've been experimenting and preheating seems to give the best results.

I set my temp, turned on fan 3 for 10 minutes with an empty elbow. I load the elbow and wait 3 minutes before starting the bag. It worked much better.

I think that elbow needs to be really hot. So running the fan as a preheater gets the elbow hotter faster maybe??

Try running that temp higher than you want to vape to heat up, load the elbow, then turn it down.

I'm also thinking of using 2 bags so I can hit one while the other is filling and not turn off that fan until bag 4 or I'm done.

Hope that helps.

DogDad

glad your starting to get the hang of it. Do you only do bags ^^^^^

I haven't figured out the whip either.

The thing I learned about bags was that I have to get that elbow very hot before loading it, and if I wait a few minutes after I load it to let the herb heat up, I can blow milky bags.

vakednotfried

I haven't figured out the whip either.

The thing I learned about bags was that I have to get that elbow very hot before loading it, and if I wait a few minutes after I load it to let the herb heat up, I can blow milky bags.

That's the way. It works better if you heat up all the glass. The whip has a bit if learning curve. But as they say practice makes perfect elbow packs gives great dense vapor

TomC1315

The weed I'm smoking tastes horrible now ... THANKS ALOT !

Now, that is, since I started reading up on vaping ... reading about all the benefits (including taste) of vaping, and all the downsides (including the taste of burnt materials) of combusting. I can't wait for my Ex Q to arrive here (this coming Friday :-)

I first got high back in July '75 (Oh, what a night :-) ... I quit for 9.5 years, thinking I was through with it , 30 years later in Sept. of '05. I was tired if wheezing, tired of my dependence/relationship with weed, along with other reasons ... I was fond of saying that 'I'm retired after 30 years'.

When I met my wife back in '08 (3rd time's proving to be a charm :-), I had 3 years w/out weed under my belt ... fast forward to March of the year ... a couple of days after an innocent conversation at work, my co-worker offered me a couple of grams of very good bud to try ... I figured why not?

Drove to the local shop, bought a small steam roller, caught my first buzz in 9.5 years (now that's a tolerance break :-) driving home, approached my dear wife and said 'guess what I just did" ... we talked ... she agreed to try some after dinner (it had been over 35 years for her :-) ... wow, this is fun !!!

For most of 2005, wife #2 and I smoke high end bud exclusively (blueberry, northern lights, BC bud) ... and why not ... over the course of 30 years though, because of my relationship with the weed, I bought and smoked my share of questionable/poor quality reefer ... no more though.

I was surprised to learn from an old buddy, that nowadays, "it's easier to get the primo buds than the commercial variety" ... nice.

Anyway, after 4 months of smoking again (there's only been a handful of days when I haven't indulged),
I'm tired of smoking it ... that same sensation of lung congestion and dissatisfaction with the process of combustion.

My wife and I have been thinking about switching to vaporization ever since that March day earlier this year ... we've been waiting to find out if I can establish a more responsible and reasonable relationship with the herb before investing in a vape ... I think I am :-)

In hindsight, I wish I'd pulled the trigger sooner on the ExQ, but I didn't ... maybe for the best though ... now I have a four month experience of smoking again to compare the two methods ... from now on, only vaping unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, here goes ... and now to go register to vote ... Ohio will likely have an initiative on the ballot this fall for recreational, as well as medical.

Over the course of 9.5 years away from the scene, I've learned that:
1) I can be happy, content, productive, a good husband and father, go through the work day without it, enjoy the benefits of regular exercise, without doing it everyday (something I'm working on to a degree)
2) my wife is an angel ... she didn't sign up for this - she was well aware of my past history with MJ ... in fact, during that first buzz she caught with me back in March? She cried for the better part of the first hour, worried that I was headed down a wrong path ... she's more than OK with it now, though.

In fact, we celebrated her birthday last night, and we are happy that it's the last time she'll need to "hit the bowl or doobie" to enjoy this wonderful diversion we call 'getting high'.

Now then, back to reading through this thread ...

Boreus

I've been experimenting and preheating seems to give the best results.

I set my temp, turned on fan 3 for 10 minutes with an empty elbow. I load the elbow and wait 3 minutes before starting the bag. It worked much better.

I think that elbow needs to be really hot. So running the fan as a preheater gets the elbow hotter faster maybe??

Try running that temp higher than you want to vape to heat up, load the elbow, then turn it down.

I'm also thinking of using 2 bags so I can hit one while the other is filling and not turn off that fan until bag 4 or I'm done.

Hope that helps.
Hmm I'll have to try that. I normally preheat but just by letting it set for 15-20 minutes. I'll try the fan out.

I've got 2 bags right now, I don't really notice any different results filling back to back like that, but it's nice not to have to wait until the bag is empty to refill.

Are you using the cyclone bowl or the f/f adaptor? I found the cyclone bowl works better for bags and the adaptor for whip.

DogDad

Hmm I'll have to try that. I normally preheat but just by letting it set for 15-20 minutes. I'll try the fan out.

I've got 2 bags right now, I don't really notice any different results filling back to back like that, but it's nice not to have to wait until the bag is empty to refill.

Are you using the cyclone bowl or the f/f adaptor? I found the cyclone bowl works better for bags and the adaptor for whip.

I have that DDave bowl. The shorter (lower) one and the one that gets the elbow closer to the heating element.

Yes, do try that fan trick to preheat and let me know how it goes. I think it helps but could have been my imagination too.

DogDad,
Reactions: DDave
Top Bottom