The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Justpassedu

Best results with conventional pieces - Low temps (180c +4 over time up till 230) + longer session.

Stir only once to keep heat in the cyclone. Vapor becomes more visible around 190c. But if you draw hard or sip real low you can pull more of the visible vapor out. Hope this helps from one new user.

Easy removal tip. Just blow once into whip to clear elbow screen before removing it from the cyclone. If you accidentally blow too hard, put an extra in the elbow and forget it OR have a long pair of tweezers handy. I keep a cleaning brush handy too.

Any Ddave mod or screen trick that brings the materials closer to the element relies more on radiant heat than all hot air. IF that is desirable. I'd familiarize with what comes with the kit in the EQ (and read the FC forums:cool:) before getting that 18mm piece. :2c: As for me, I'm thinking a well designed elbow piece with quality glass would trap more heat which would be great for elbow packing. Anybody buy from Oregon glass?

Good tips , I got a Oregon glass elbow for my q. Really nice quality & thickness compared to stock . I highly Recommended them .

Vapor Loop

I have been having some bad luck with my Eq. The fan started to have problems and have that bad electronic taste, So i was authorized by the seller to open my unit up and blow some compressed air in which seemed to do the trick.

I then decided to go ahead and try a Evo mod. I got a 14 to 18 m piece that the elbow screen fit perfectly into, Then i put my Pnwt on and wow was the flavor great i will never use a whip for it again. I go to turn it on for a friend to try fan won't work again, So i try to just take a draw and it has that horrible electronic taste again. The only difference this time is the compressed air did not work. I guess it's going to have to go back this time.

Knax

Sexy
My next mod will be a 18female-18male adapter. I'm going to try this instead of the female-female cyclone or Ddave adapter. I have my eye on a middle of the road ht that's bigger than the little pinnacle ht. I know some are worried about water spilling but I guess I'm not 1 of them.

I'd been thinking of getting a F-M 18mm adapter too, and maybe put in some of the VXhaleEVO ez load bowls in there so thee herb stays close to the heater ang has good airflow, what was your idea for a herb chamber in the F-M adapter??

Knax,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Can you give me a lesson? Hahahaha. I can't seem to get it to perform the way I am reading it is capable of. I have had it quite a while and after too many attempts I am back to combustible....Help!!
Ì had a good first session however I can't seem to obtain the same success?

HD Springer

@Knax That exact thing you said. I would either order their screen/bowl set up. My biggest problem is I have not found the proper adapter. I've only found the 18female -14male. Can't find a 18mm male

HD Springer,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Good tips , I got a Oregon glass elbow for my q. Really nice quality & thickness compared to stock . I highly Recommended them .
Terrific! It sounds like how I pictured it. Did you get the right angle 18mm elbow or did you pick something else out? Would you say it keeps the heat in the elbow better? How well can you see the vapor? I'd like to know anything more about Oregon glass from anybody. At some point, I might get a right angle with a few personalized specs. But the straight piece might be a good choice for those who like more of a SSV wand setup. There even was a 45 degree elbow. Oh and check out the 18mm "Carbed Glass Vape Adapter" on their site. :drool:

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I got a reg right angle elbow from ogb , I can't really comment on heat Bc I don't elbow pack but it is thicker and would think it holds heat better. I got it in clear glass so I can see the vapor coming through the elbow. Maybe this will help some of you having problems achieving a good session . This is what I do : I take all my glass that I am going to use for my session wich is the elbow and cyclone in my case the DDave adapter. I put it on my eq with out any material in and I preheat all my glass at about 387f to get it nice and warm for about 5 minutes sometimes 10. I grind my material pretty fine and once everything is preheated I drop about .5 into the cyclone / DDave adapter , (you can use more or less material). I than wait about 30sec-1min to let my material get warm and start sipping very slowly , I take small sips at a time to get it started and usually at the other end I have my bubbler attached. I find if I try and take big rips I do not get a huge amount of vapor , there is small learning curve to this so practice a bit but what I do is watch my elbow while sipping and if I am doing it correctly I will see the vapor flowing thick through my elbow , this is also why I don't purchase elbows with any color to them. I like clear Bc I know I am getting a good session and doing it correct when I can see the vapor rushing through the elbow as I sip. It took me a few try's when I 1st purchased my eq to learn this and once I did I was very happy. I came from a volcano wich produces huge amounts of vapor to the eq and once I got the eq down I would never go back. The eq does everything my volcano did for me and more.

Knax

Sexy
@Knax That exact thing you said. I would either order their screen/bowl set up. My biggest problem is I have not found the proper adapter. I've only found the 18female -14male. Can't find a 18mm male

I had the same problem, and as everybody here recommended the F-F and SSV wand I'm gonna give that a try first. I looked around and didn't find any M-F 18mm (cos ther really aren't that useful for adapting anything lol) , but maybe you can use a carbon filter piece as a bowl, or email oregonglassblower with the request?

Knax,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got to say personallyi find cleaning the elbow easiest with the glass pick, quick run around an ddone. no need to cyclone but all flavours work. i just wouldnt blow into the whip

hope you chaps love it tho
440 f ?

Taste is fine however no vapor?

My SOLO level 4 gives me clouds?

For a water riq?

No way!

ataxian,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
440 f ?

Taste is fine however no vapor?

My SOLO level 4 gives me clouds?

For a water riq?

No way!

Enjoying fresh sun dried/cured blueberry in my EQ tonight.
With my rig (SSV wand and Ddave adapter with SSV fatty plugged into my D020 bubbler:
I just set the EQ at 446F and use the fan on high.
Gives me a lot of visible vapor.:leaf:

One of the best side benefits of using the SSV wand with EQ elbow screen(with herb loaded above, not in this screen) is the ease of cleaning. Actually I ordered two screens a few months ago and the first screen still looks like new. The other flat screen in the SSV wand is much easier to clean than the EQ elbow screen and a lot cheaper too.

The airflow of this design is just great. Since that elbow screen is always clean and the way it fits in the SSV wand allows air to not only flow through the bottom of the screen, but also around the sides; so that the whole surface of the screen is used to move more air.:tup:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Enjoying fresh sun dried/cured blueberry in my EQ tonight.
With my rig (SSV wand and Ddave adapter with SSV fatty plugged into my D020 bubbler:
I just set the EQ at 446F and use the fan on high.
Gives me a lot of visible vapor.:leaf:

One of the best side benefits of using the SSV wand with EQ elbow screen(with herb loaded above, not in this screen) is the ease of cleaning. Actually I ordered two screens a few months ago and the first screen still looks like new. The other flat screen in the SSV wand is much easier to clean than the EQ elbow screen and a
The airflow of this design is just great. Since that elbow screen is always clean and the way it fits in the SSV wand allows air to not only flow through the bottom of the screen, but also around the sides; so that the whole surface of the screen is used to move more air.:tup:
I will keep trying I quess?
glad you are trying to give me reassurance!
SO this @DDave Mod were can I see it?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:rockon:

Hi oldiebutgoodie,
Correct. Originally, was just the F/F adapter and the stock Q elbow. Performance increased from both Elbow Packs and standard bowl loads (for me, elbow packs resulted in more vapor, standard load more flavor).

The along came Tweak :clap:, improving on perfection, he suggested the SSV Wand. And improve things it did! You are again correct in stating that the material is placed between the stock SSV Wand screen and Q-elbow screen. And as odd as it sounds, performance improved dramatically. Not sure on the technicals behind it, but a medium-strength draw results in the herb packing itself up against the SSV Wand Screen and performing like an Elbow Pack, but with less drag. A slower drag and you will be able to watch ALL your material dancing on top of the Q-elbow screen within the Wand.

On many occasions, I prefer a quick-strong session, whereby I can extract the most goodies with the least amount of draws. The F/F & SSV Wand combo allow just that. What used to take 20 draws to reach desired levels, now takes 4-5. And, on the chance that I'd prefer a slower, more-draw but more flavorful session, I simply load the F/F adapter and place the SSV Wand on top (using the SSV Wand in the same manner as the Q-Elbow), drop temp a bit. Then sit back & enjoy. :science:
Hope this helps!
DDave

Hi Liberty, depends on what you're looking for.
* Quick session: Starts and stops at max temperature you normally vape to. This gives quickest extraction.
* Flavorful Session: Starts low and stops at max temperature you normally vape to. This gives just about the same medicating experience, but you get to enjoy the flavors much more during the beginnings of the session.
* Some now, Some Later session: Starts and ends at low temperature, more of an uplifting-energetic effect. Then product is saved for later vaporizing at higher temperatures (more sedative, pain killing effect).
Hope this helps!
Vape On!

Hey Da_Man, I dont think that is the adapter that will fit nicely within the Arizer. Here's a picture of mine. Look at the middle ring section and at how they differ. The one I found fits very nicely. From feedback we see on this site on the other adapter, the center glass ring is too wide to allow the adapter to sit on the heater.
fnjj.jpg

Hope that helps! If you find other adapters, send the links my way and we'll eventually locate the proper adapter.

Vape On!
Looks like your closer to the heater?

CuckFumbustion

Came up with a better balloon setup for myself. I have a glass chillum pipe where the bowl end is cone shaped, much like an adapter, but not intentionally designed as such.
So I try attaching it to the end of my whip hose the other end to a silicone tube and a whip attached to the EQ and Viola! Now, I can take the PVC end of any hose and plug/unplug it into the cone shaped of the chillum as if it was made for it. :tup: Or simply draw off the Chillum like a whip in between filling bags. Plug and Play all the way.:rockon: Also took my EQ elbow piece that had the stem broken off earlier and work some silicone tubing over the hole to made a poor man's SSV setup for whip vaping. Even re-purposed my misfit chillum pipe that I almost threw away several times because the hole was too small and the bowl shape was to rounded and open ended to be a good combustion pipe. (Imagine the inside of a socket wrench adapter.) But it is also the perfect mouthpiece for direct whipping for all the same reasons. Take that combustion! All my glass is going to the vapor side.

At some point, I do want to replace all my PVC with silicone tubing and get a custom built 18mm f/f (dDAVE?) setup or at least a better elbow piece. The Carbed Glass Vape Adapter that oregon glass offers has my interest. If I could have one custom built for the EQ that was tall enough and with enough air clearance going in to the unit to not block the air path to internal electronics. Then that would meet my personal specs. Check it out FC modders and tell me what you think of that design. I'll be saving my pennies before I am able to contact them with a request order. Also would like to use glass screens instead of stainless steel, if there is anything out there available.

Grim Chiclets

Don't you love when random/mismatched things you already have around just magically fit together to do something clever?
Yeah I'm thinking my next desktop might be an SSV; but I might go for an EQ with a DDave adapter setup- seems the way to go for the EQ from my perspective.

CuckFumbustion

Don't you love when random/mismatched things you already have around just magically fit together to do something clever?
Yeah I'm thinking my next desktop might be an SSV; but I might go for an EQ with a DDave adapter setup- seems the way to go for the EQ from my perspective.
YES, I do love it! I have a junk drawer full of random/mismatched possibilities. :haw: I even have a rectangular metal bat/bottle opener that is the right dimension for packing/tamping my PAX with. But the glass wand that comes with the EQ is one of the best multi-tools ever. AmIright? I would own one even If I didn't already own an EQ. Oh, and it works as a plug for closing that hose.

As far as my upgrade glass path.:hmm:The Carbed Glass Vape Adapter that oregon glassblower offers seems to be an all-in-one solution compared to the dDave and SSV setup. It has two outputs for a wand and a 14mm male. I'd ask for an 18mm fitting for compatibility. Would like to hear some thoughts from some FC'ers on this for a possible design for the EQ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom