The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I can vouch for http://agracan.ca/ (agracancorp on ebay), we got 3 Extreme Q and 1 Air from them, flawless experience and lowest price (in Canada). Too bad you missed last sale (few days ago) :-(
Thanks for responding. I just joined their mailing list and price alert and also sent a message begging them to sell me one at their sale price.;) Also trying to pin down if they are technically an authorized dealer. Any personal experience anybody has had with their warranty process would be helpful. Might give them a phone call on Monday too. I noticed there is free shipping to the US. The current price CAD $169.00 = US $149.01 APX. And there was mention of a back order being a possible delay with any orders. Must have been a good sale. I 'll remain optimistic and seriously give them consideration. And again thanks for the info.

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,

andysf

I can vouch for california sea adapter being sexy.

QK4Sr7A.jpg

gmeZ2wf.jpg

I have the same one.. my question is the screen has such big holes I get flower on the element itself that gets through the screen. I put a finer screen on top of the porous one.. just wonder how you deal with it?
thx,
a

andysf,

Episode666

I have the same one.. my question is the screen has such big holes I get flower on the element itself that gets through the screen. I put a finer screen on top of the porous one.. just wonder how you deal with it?
thx,
a

5cGexFC.jpg

Like this, or elbow pack for bubbler in background. The adapter screen is too coarse to hold herbs imo.

andysf

5cGexFC.jpg

Like this, or elbow pack for bubbler in background. The adapter screen is too coarse to hold herbs imo.

I got the SS wand but the screen that fits in the original eq elbow does not fit in the SS wand.. :( Something must have changed.
So I have no bottom screen like you do. I put a more fine grade one at the bottom of the female piece but above the little chamber with the porous screen. works for both the SS and the original elbow..

andysf,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I got the SS wand but the screen that fits in the original eq elbow does not fit in the SS wand..

The SSV wand requires a .625" screen, the EQ flat screen is .75".

With a bit a coaxing I'm sure it would fit, just might make a much bigger dome.

Tweak,

Episode666

I got the SS wand but the screen that fits in the original eq elbow does not fit in the SS wand.. :( Something must have changed.
So I have no bottom screen like you do. I put a more fine grade one at the bottom of the female piece but above the little chamber with the porous screen. works for both the SS and the original elbow..

How does it not fit? If it's too small you can press it between your fingers and make it larger.

Episode666,

bkpnsux

What I did was use the thick end of the glass stirring stick that came with the Arizer to help shape the elbow screen in the end of my DBV wand. It works well and kind of pops in place. It's not the most flush fit, but once in the F/F adapter it seems to snug together nicely.

Let me know if you want to see a pic of how I shaped my elbow screen and I'll post one for you.

CuckFumbustion

Thanks for responding. I just joined their mailing list and price alert and also sent a message begging them to sell me one at their sale price.;) Also trying to pin down if they are technically an authorized dealer. Any personal experience anybody has had with their warranty process would be helpful. Might give them a phone call on Monday too. I noticed there is free shipping to the US. The current price CAD $169.00 = US $149.01 APX. And there was mention of a back order being a possible delay with any orders. Must have been a good sale. I 'll remain optimistic and seriously give them consideration. And again thanks for the info.
Correction on the price. Grand Total (Incl.Tax and Flat Rate shipping) US$146.27.(+/- current exchange rate) Still waiting for it to leave Canada. :ugh:Although it was shipped that Monday afternoon from agracancorp. Expedited USA. The delivery time now just got bumped up to next Monday according to the Canada Post website.

Anyway, I am already considering an elbow pack setup and my EQ hasn't even arrived yet. :mental: Would like any recommend on a good glass part for the Female to Female replacement. Since there seems to be more variation as to size and type of glass available out there, and this is the most critical part for the convection (I'm guessing anyway), I'd like to make a solid one-time purchase for this. Especially with all the considerations for air flow and ventilation mentioned in FC here (and elsewhere). And stability, I really would like to avoid any mishaps.

Also any maintenance tips, pro tips, etc would be liked. The vent for the fan on the EQ is on the bottom of the unit. Would it be a good practice to put some sort of dust filter setup underneath? :hmm:I will take the one suggestion about using a mouse pad in front of the unit for any type of clumsy-ness with the glass parts. Figure any research to keep my mind off the wait would help pass the in-between time.:drool:

Episode666

Mouse pad for glassheads: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...01&cm_re=mouse_pad_xxl-_-26-991-001-_-Product

I use californiasea ddave adapter set with SSV whip for whip, and regular elbow + elbow for bongs/bubblers and elbow for occasionnal ballons. You don't need this, the unit is fine out of the box. Just replace that stupidly rigid vinyl hose with silicon (VapirRise hose for instance) and get a D020-D bubbler from dhgate. You can scroll up for my pics if you like.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Correction on the price. Grand Total (Incl.Tax and Flat Rate shipping) US$146.27.(+/- current exchange rate) Still waiting for it to leave Canada. :ugh:Although it was shipped that Monday afternoon from agracancorp. Expedited USA. The delivery time now just got bumped up to next Monday according to the Canada Post website.

Anyway, I am already considering an elbow pack setup and my EQ hasn't even arrived yet. :mental: Would like any recommend on a good glass part for the Female to Female replacement. Since there seems to be more variation as to size and type of glass available out there, and this is the most critical part for the convection (I'm guessing anyway), I'd like to make a solid one-time purchase for this. Especially with all the considerations for air flow and ventilation mentioned in FC here (and elsewhere). And stability, I really would like to avoid any mishaps.

Also any maintenance tips, pro tips, etc would be liked. The vent for the fan on the EQ is on the bottom of the unit. Would it be a good practice to put some sort of dust filter setup underneath? :hmm:I will take the one suggestion about using a mouse pad in front of the unit for any type of clumsy-ness with the glass parts. Figure any research to keep my mind off the wait would help pass the in-between time.:drool:

Besides the F/F adapter, the addition of an SSV wand will greatly improve the setup for better performance and easier use and cleaning. I added a "fatty" SSV wand at the water pipe connection without a screen. Excellent airflow !!
I agree the EQ works great out of the box, but for a little extra you will have one of the best desktops around.

Justpassedu

Besides the F/F adapter, the addition of an SSV wand will greatly improve the setup for better performance and easier use and cleaning. I added a "fatty" SSV wand at the water pipe connection without a screen. Excellent airflow !!
I agree the EQ works great out of the box, but for a little extra you will have one of the best desktops around.
Do you feel a SSV wand is a great improvement over using a Ddave adapter and elbow. I have never tried the SSV but always see people love it around these parts. I personally always get great results with my Ddave that i have never felt the need to go any further and upgrade to the ssv but i do have vas and if there is a nice difference i wouldn't mind picking one up to add to my collection.

CuckFumbustion

Do you feel a SSV wand is a great improvement over using a Ddave adapter and elbow. I have never tried the SSV but always see people love it around these parts. I personally always get great results with my Ddave that i have never felt the need to go any further and upgrade to the ssv but i do have vas and if there is a nice difference i wouldn't mind picking one up to add to my collection.
Well if it keeps me from fiddling with the EQ less, then I'd consider it. Kinda want to mess with the core unit as little as necessary. Hot air passing through glass sounds sounds fragile enough. If I can avoid any type of wiggling while using, then that would be less taxing on the EQ. SO good on all that. BTW, I liked hearing about there being EQ replacement glass cores with better glass options. Already considering using the remote exclusively. To avoid mishaps.

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,

Justpassedu

Well if it keeps me from fiddling with the EQ less, then I'd consider it. I want to mess with the core unit as little as necessary. Hot air passing through glass sounds sounds fragile enough. If I can avoid any type of wiggling while using, then that would be less taxing on the EQ. SO good on all that. BTW, I liked hearing about there being EQ replacement glass cores with better glass options. Already considering using the remote exclusively. To avoid mishaps.
You should be ok , the Eq in its stock form is a tough machine. The best and cheapest 1st thing you can do is buy a Ddave adapter , it was my 1st upgrade and so far my best and also grab some better food grade silicone tubing. It will move your material closer to the heater giving you better hits. The 2nd thing i did was replace my stock elbow with one from oregon glass blowers as the stock elbows are very fragile and can break easily. Also i rarely use my remote except for blowing bags to turn the fan on , i feel the remote over the Eq would brake 1st and i need that remote to turn the fan on. i dont think you could without it.

CloudChamp

SO I just got an Arizer EQ. It worked great until I got a finer grinder.
Any pointers? I tried putting a screen on top with no avail.
Will the Ddave and Ground Glass Wand make a huge difference with my problem?

P.S. How much material in grams do you guys use in a single packing in general with the EQ.

Last edited:
CloudChamp,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
SO I just got an Arizer EQ. It worked great until I got a finer grinder.
Any pointers? I tried putting a screen on top with no avail.
Will the Ddave and Ground Glass Wand make a huge difference with my problem?
@CloudChamp
Welcome to FC and congrats on your acquiring an EQ.

I have one of the finer grinders, an MFLB grinder that results in a pretty fine grind, and never ran into any issues. Describe the issue you're experiencing and the grinder you have... am sure there's a solution out there...

Justpassedu

Fine grind , medium grind , both work well with the eq. maybe you need to call arizer as your Eq may not be working properly. Try upping the temp a little. Ddave adapter is going to help but it wont fix your problems if you are having one. It just moves your material closer to the heater and in my experience gives me bigger clouds and my medicine quicker. The stock glass works also.

Justpassedu,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

I find the airflow to be much better and the SSV wand never clogs like my EQ elbow used to. I have a new EQ elbow screen in the SSV wand now. I have used it several days and it still looks new:no buildup. The upper screen needs in the SSV wand needs occasional cleaning however. (I always fill the ground glass area with loosely packed ground herb and put the EQ elbow screen on the end of the wand.)

CuckFumbustion

Thanks for all the parts suggestions and also reassuring me that the EQ works fine out of the box! :clap: also @Justpassedu's comments on how weak the remote is.
:hmm: So would I be able to program the EQ with some sort of universal remote? Now I want to know more about this remote. :science: I am already having some sick ideas.

Anyway FC-er's I will get my "wish list" together. Even know where to buy and when. Now if only that package would arrive.:bowdown:

CloudChamp

@CloudChamp
I have one of the finer grinders, an MFLB grinder that results in a pretty fine grind, and never ran into any issues. Describe the issue you're experiencing and the grinder you have... am sure there's a solution out there...

fine grind meaning too much material being used? try elbow packing maybe?

Fine grind , medium grind , both work well with the eq. maybe you need to call arizer as your Eq may not be working properly. Try upping the temp a little. Ddave adapter is going to help but it wont fix your problems if you are having one. It just moves your material closer to the heater and in my experience gives me bigger clouds and my medicine quicker. The stock glass works also.

By finer grind I mean the particulate is smaller, I am using a small 1.5" sharpstone aluminum grinder. I am using 0.2 - 0.3 grams of plant material.
What exactly is happening is: after I fill one balloon, I mix/stir the plant material, then turn the fan on low(1) and a small section/corner of plant material in the cyclone will open up (blow around) exposing just the screen underneath and I will not get very good vapor production.
I've tried placing another screen on top but that was a mess. I've tried packing it down and that still opens up to the screen.
I am not looking to use a different grinder because I know the finer the better, I also am not looking to using more plant material.
I've also tried not stirring/mixing but am still not getting the results I want or was getting prior to the new grinder.

Thanks,
CloudChamp.

Last edited:

ragnorak71

yeah I would say try an elbow pack mate, works well with a fine grind but may need to raise temp a scooch

ragnorak71,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I find the airflow to be much better and the SSV wand never clogs like my EQ elbow used to. I have a new EQ elbow screen in the SSV wand now. I have used it several days and it still looks new:no buildup. The upper screen needs in the SSV wand needs occasional cleaning however. (I always fill the ground glass area with loosely packed ground herb and put the EQ elbow screen on the end of the wand.)
Do you have a photo of your ssv wand set up? Sounds cool!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
By finer grind I mean the particulate is smaller, I am using a small 1.5" sharpstone aluminum grinder. I am using 0.2 - 0.3 grams of plant material.
What exactly is happening is: after I fill one balloon, I mix/stir the plant material, then turn the fan on low(1) and a small section/corner of plant material in the cyclone will open up (blow around) exposing just the screen underneath and I will not get very good vapor production.
I've tried placing another screen on top but that was a mess. I've tried packing it down and that still opens up to the screen.
I am not looking to use a different grinder because I know the finer the better, I also am not looking to using more plant material.
I've also tried not stirring/mixing but am still not getting the results I want or was getting prior to the new grinder.

Thanks,
CloudChamp.
So the initial load "cyclones" fine filling a bag, but after the 2nd bad only a bit lifts and cyclones. Does this repeat on the 2nd load? Not sure if you've tried, but a 3rd as well?

If the bottom screen rises only on the 2nd bag fill, but not the first, almost sounds like a clogged screen. If not, a dying fan that loses power after the 1st fill.

What @ragnorak71 states, the elbow pack method could remedy as bottom screen and "cycloning" effect don't come into play. Though if failing fan related, bag fill time should reflect this.

First thing I'd check is screens... are they clean? Also, please report how long it takes to fill a bag and if your bags are stock. I know I've seen others report their fill times throughout the thread.

Top Bottom