The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I just wanted to let all you know as for glass water filtering for the Eq the big glass works well , the medium works well like D20 and 1 of my favorites is this small piece by pipes daddy which is praised by many here . The Vapor Glass Bubbler - http://www.pipesdaddy.com/product-p/vp-0022.htm , for $35 you cannot go wrong , its my go to piece with most of my vape's . I have posted pic's of it mated with my Eq several pages back but i will post 1 again for the new guy's & gal's . Also you will see i am using some better silicone tubing and ogb Glass Elbow that is much thicker than stock .
DDDA8328-42F1-437B-9E4C-7CF08F7CF9CF_zpsk3s4hpay.jpg
Once I went to order the 18mm male elbow I noticed it said 18.8mm is this the correct one? I just want to order the correct one. Thanks.

ichibaneye

Yeah that should fit fine sometimes some sellers even have them listed as 19mm and I have bought it and it worked for me.

Good to know and thank you for the help. Finally ordering me some OR. glass.

UPDATE: I did it ..... yay! I got the glass ordered and even a few more adapters. I want to extend a thank you to all of you who have posted such informative information and major thanks to those of you that provided links and direct feedback to my queries. :clap::tup: Cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:

JetLife1

One thing I don't get is why people are leaving their herb in the bowl while pre-heating.
I have been pre-heating the cyclone for 6-10 minutes empty and then dropping the herb in and vaping immediately. Don't you waste letting your herb warm up slowly like that?

It would be interesting if people posted their exact rituals so newbs don't have to start from scratch.

Still trying to get good results from the wand, I think the cyclone bowl is the problem, not enough air flow.

JetLife1,

ichibaneye

One thing I don't get is why people are leaving their herb in the bowl while pre-heating.
I have been pre-heating the cyclone for 6-10 minutes empty and then dropping the herb in and vaping immediately. Don't you waste letting your herb warm up slowly like that?

It would be interesting if people posted their exact rituals so newbs don't have to start from scratch.

Still trying to get good results from the wand, I think the cyclone bowl is the problem, not enough air flow.

One is not really losing anything from the material while preheating, even more so when all sealed up (finger on end of whip) I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong because we all do things our own ways at times and I respect that. I do however want to make a few points.

First by not allowing your material to acclimate/preheat fully along with the cyclone bowl you are not going to get an even vape of the material and it will requires more pre-pulls/draws to pass the heated air over the material that was not preheating along with the bowl. Thus finally getting your material up to the correct vaporizing temperature. It also will require more stirring and every time you lift off your attachment to stir you are venting vapor into open air.

The second thing I wanted to add is it will cut down on your preheat/acclimation time so you can get it producing vapor and reap the rewards as soon as you can.

Also I would like to add that most herbal/concentrate vaporizers have a small loss of venting vapor to the atmosphere. When a person is not actively inhaling you will always have some vapor loss it has to go someplace. I hope this has helped you somewhat. Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks. I just filed mine, the resistance difference between the filed and stock is pretty significant. Will have to do some testing in a bit. :)

I am planning on doing my filing this weekend. Do you have a line on a specific type of file? Like a round rasp file or do they make glass specific files? I just saw your post and thought I might pick your brain a bit while you are online. Thanks.

ichibaneye,
Reactions: JetLife1

JetLife1

I used an old nondescript round file I found in the garage. It was large, so I was kind of worried it would use to much force. But it was fine. You aren't really filing as much as you are making small chips. You can use your ears to hear the glass chipping and it will give a different sound. It took a while to get started, but it went quickly once I got the hang of it.

HD Springer

Im new to posting on this site. I've been reading every ones post on all the threads and this community is by far the best thing on the internet. I've owned my extreme q for over a year. The only way im using my unit is with a hydra tube. If you elbow pack this unit you get crazy clouds and save on your product.

Justpassedu

Im new to posting on this site. I've been reading every ones post on all the threads and this community is by far the best thing on the internet. I've owned my extreme q for over a year. The only way im using my unit is with a hydra tube. If you elbow pack this unit you get crazy clouds and save on your product.
Welcome you will find a ton of useful info here. As for the elbow pack i have to disagree , i strictly pack my Ddave adapter and get huge clouds and save on material also. Do a search for it here. Its a great little adapter.

HD Springer

Well if i put anymore $ in this unit it will be to get a high end glass peice from swagger.Im done with the gross bags and im done messing with a rubber hose.I'm all about that glass.Whats great about this unit is the total versatility of it. It can be used in more ways than they even described it.

Ifeejulah Vapor

Well if i put anymore $ in this unit it will be to get a high end glass peice from swagger.Im done with the gross bags and im done messing with a rubber hose.I'm all about that glass.Whats great about this unit is the total versatility of it. It can be used in more ways than they even described it.
Get the 18mm F/F piece and replace your cyclone. Cheap and you wint regret it.

As for the wand..im not seeing a huge benefit. Maybe a little. But my hose is now rigged into the wand n its kinda ametuer looking. I like when joints all fit the way theyre supposed to. I need to use my Q more with the wand but so far im getting similar results with the wand compared to the stock elbow. The F/F is the game changer!

Jesstar

Hey guys, I'm so glad this site exists! :rockon: I love my vaping of all sorts although I have limited experience in herbal vaporizers. I have tried an Atmos Jnr, BC-100(not sure if they make these anymore.. :\ ), Whispr2, PAX and G-Pen. Although delicious, none of these were quite convincing enough for me to move 100% to vapor. This is the next step I reallllly wanna take. Do you guys think the Q will be a powerful enough device to do this? Out of interest, has anyone tried any the above listed vapes so they can compare and share some wisdom? :myday: Also out of interest, can anyone comment on how the Extreme Q stacks up against the Volcano? Advice greatly appreciated.
I have started a gofundme to hopefully help me get on the vape-wagon. :D I hope to share it here so any kind Vaple can get involved but I better ask permission from ze Bosses. ;)

Thanks all and I hope everyone is enjoying some delicious vapor this morning/ evening/ afternoon.

Moocho loovo!

-J.

mamabär

Hey guys,
I recently ordered a SSV wand for the Ddave mod here
http://namastevapesgermany.com/collections/7th-floor-accessories/products/7thfloorgroundglassset
and from the picture and the fact it said "ground glass" i figured it was the SSV wand used by Tweak
But what i recieved was a DBV wand like this :http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/index.php/dabuddhavaporizer/custom-glass/da-buddha-wand.html
The tubing and mothpiece are nice and im not exatly sure if i just ordered the wrong thing so if theres a way i can use the
DBV wand just like SSV wand ( maybe putting a screen inside ? ) i guess id just keep it instead of sending it back.
So my question is are there any significant disadvantages using the DBV wand ?
thanks

Edit:
Another question i have for you guys is how do you get the stock tubes of the glass elbows ?
I recently tried to get the tube off so i could clean it but i didnt dare to pull it out with force because the elbow looks kinda fragile. Should i heat the tubing so it gets more flexible ?

Last edited:
mamabär,

HD Springer

How are you packing the stock elbow? How are you packing the wand?
I pack the cup screen that comes with the unit that slides into the glass elbow(save a ton of material this way).I'm actually using a 18mm male-14mm male fitting with a small hydra tube,with the screens that came with the unit. I've seen it in an earlier post on this thread.

Ifeejulah Vapor

How are you packing the stock elbow? How are you packing the wand?

Yeah i packed the bottem of the DBV wand then put the elbow screen in to support the bud. It worked well no downsides or anything.

Normally I just elbow pack...ill admit i havnt done both ways back to back to see how they differ

What improvments does usig the wand make for you?

Ifeejulah Vapor,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I pack the cup screen that comes with the unit that slides into the glass elbow(save a ton of material this way).

Elbow pack I believe you're referring too.

It does produce some thick vapor but has it's draw backs. You can't stir it and the heat is concentrated in the middle of the load, so the outside edges don't get as vaporized. With the SSV wand you can shake or stir the load and fit more if desired.

You can also use a dome screen in the SSV wand to make it adjustable load size and keep the material towards the heated end of the wand.

Tweak,

HD Springer

Ya there is those draw backs like with many.For me im done with hoses and whips and that type of set up.My main resons for elbow packing is saving material and the density of the vape.

HD Springer,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
My main resons for elbow packing is saving material

But you aren't thoroughly extracting every bit of activities that you could if you where to stir the load.

Unless you figured out another way to get an even coverage on your elbow. I'll admit, I didn't try the elbow pack after I modded my Cyclone bowl, which may make a difference.

Tweak,

mamabär

Yeah i packed the bottem of the DBV wand then put the elbow screen in to support the bud. It worked well no downsides or anything.

Normally I just elbow pack...ill admit i havnt done both ways back to back to see how they differ

If you pack the bottom and just support it with the screen isnt the material just getting sucked into the hose ?

mamabär,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
If you pack the bottom and just support it with the screen isnt the material just getting sucked into the hose ?

There are two screens. On stopping it from going into the whip, the EQ elbow stops it from falling out.

Tweak,
Top Bottom