The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Ifeejulah Vapor

Came across a nice improvement to the whip. Im using the DDave F/F adapter and a 18mm male to 14mm male adapter. With an EQ elbow screen in the 18mm male side. looks like this....

sorry its sideways. anyway the airflow is better if you like controlling the strength of your pulls or suck your herb right up into the elbow screen.

the 18 mm male is longer than the stock elbow 18mm male adapter and fits deeper into DDave adapter so the herbs sit closer to the heating element.

looks kinda cool too

Works well. using it as I write this haha.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I have only had the Extreme Q for a week now and I am still learning the ins/outs of it. As most of us know each vaporizer has it own sweet spot so to speak when it comes to gettting the best vapor output. That being said I decided to take it over to a friends and try out the bag for the first time. I do own other home and portable/personal vaporizers so I am not new to them.

O.k. now I get the EQ all set up correctly and let is start to heat up. The grind I used was not super fine and around the consisteancy that seems to work as a base that I use in most vaporizers when I first try them out.

Now I have thrown my ABV in the EQ with the whip attached temp. set at 500f and got great sedating hits on it and also green loads and had no combustion.

Now back to the bag, set temp. at 500f got everything going, let the temp reach 500f and then waited about 4 more minutes for the contents to also heat up. After 4 minutes I fired up the fan and set it to speed setting 1. I and the other 4 adults were all very pleased and surprised to see how thick the vapor was filling the bag.
The bag was about a 1/4 full and filling nicely. We then decided to hit fan speed 2 and about 15 seconds into that speed we all saw a flash of light and looked down to see the chamber with tops shelf flowers glowing red hot and then poof it capped out a ton of resin into the bag bith a puff and then it was just ash blowing in the wind. We where all shocked. Needless to say we all finished the bag but it was not enjoyable as you all know if you only vaporize now. We all did get highly medicated however. :)

Now I am not here in any way knocking this great unit at all. I just wanted to share my first try/experience with the EQ'a bag system. I have a few things I want to ask or point out. Is 500F to high? I am in the middle because I have used it for flowers on this temp many times with the whip and never combusted. I keep all of my herbs at a set/constant humidity so it could not have been to dry. What are some of your thoughs? I would appreciate the feedback because I enjoy learning and getting the most out of each of my vaporizers. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
ichibaneye,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I have only had the Extreme Q for a week now and I am still learning the ins/outs of it. As most of us know each vaporizer has it own sweet spot so to speak when it comes to gettting the best vapor output. That being said I decided to take it over to a friends and try out the bag for the first time. I do own other home and portable/personal vaporizers so I am not new to them.

O.k. now I get the EQ all set up correctly and let is start to heat up. The grind I used was not super fine and around the consisteancy that seems to work as a base that I use in most vaporizers when I first try them out.

Now I have thrown my ABV in the EQ with the whip attached temp. set at 500f and got great sedating hits on it and also green loads and had no combustion.

Now back to the bag, set temp. at 500f got everything going, let the temp reach 500f and then waited about 4 more minutes for the contents to also heat up. After 4 minutes I fired up the fan and set it to speed setting 1. I and the other 4 adults were all very pleased and surprised to see how thick the vapor was filling the bag.
The bag was about a 1/4 full and filling nicely. We then decided to hit fan speed 2 and about 15 seconds into that speed we all saw a flash of light and looked down to see the chamber with tops shelf flowers glowing red hot and then poof it capped out a ton of resin into the bag bith a puff and then it was just ash blowing in the wind. We where all shocked. Needless to say we all finished the bag but it was not enjoyable as you all know if you only vaporize now. We all did get highly medicated however. :)

Now I am not here in any way knocking this great unit at all. I just wanted to share my first try/experience with the EQ'a bag system. I have a few things I want to ask or point out. Is 500F to high? I am in the middle because I have used it for flowers on this temp many times with the whip and never combusted. I keep all of my herbs at a set/constant humidity so it could not have been to dry. What are some of your thoughs? I would appreciate the feedback because I enjoy learning and getting the most out of each of my vaporizers. Cheers! :)
@ ichibaneye, 500 is definitely too high with the fan. Some have reported so with the whip as well, having accidentally reached combustion. With a stock EQ, stay below 450F using whip, 440F if filling a bag.

If using Mods on your EQ that affect temperature, these baselines may need to be adjusted.

Using a shorter F/F adapter and SSV Wand, instead of the stock arizer glass, I top out at 235C (446F) and use Whip only.

Experiment a bit with temperature and watch the color of your ABV. When you reach a dark brown, like coffee grounds, that's a good indication that you've reached peak temperature for whatever configuration you are using on your EQ.

Vape On!

Ifeejulah Vapor

Sitting on my EQ as we speak 170c which is 338F

I stay between 165 and 230....I assume the remote only goes up to 230 because thats the suggested max.

170 with dank bud is great....for me and I blow clouds

Ifeejulah Vapor,
Reactions: ichibaneye

ichibaneye

@ ichibaneye, 500 is definitely too high with the fan. Some have reported so with the whip as well, having accidentally reached combustion. With a stock EQ, stay below 450F using whip, 440F if filling a bag.

If using Mods on your EQ that affect temperature, these baselines may need to be adjusted.

Using a shorter F/F adapter and SSV Wand, instead of the stock arizer glass, I top out at 235C (446F) and use Whip only.

Experiment a bit with temperature and watch the color of your ABV. When you reach a dark brown, like coffee grounds, that's a good indication that you've reached peak temperature for whatever configuration you are using on your EQ.

Vape On!

Thank you for that information. :rockon: I do plan on reading the whole thread but I am only about 38 pages in so far. I have not modded it yet but I do plan to and once again thank you for the added information.

Sitting on my EQ as we speak 170c which is 338F

I stay between 165 and 230....I assume the remote only goes up to 230 because thats the suggested max.

170 with dank bud is great....for me and I blow clouds

I do know that the preset on the buttons are just that ranges for everyone to work with from that buttons specific preset. I say this because not all herbs/trates vape consistently at the same temps based on many factors thus the range of temperature adjustments.

I thank you also for the reply and will apply the input you both have shared with me. :tup:

On another Note, i read on a site that the EQ could be adjusted in 1 degree increments with the +/- adjustment. Also myself and 4 other Adults watched as we did use the +/- buttons and it was in 1 degree increments. Now here is where is got interesting for me. We then switched it off and come back to the EQ a few hours later and now the +/- buttons where counting in 2 degree increments and it would change from an odd 2 degree plus minus, ie: 303 - 305 and then jumps to 2 degree increments on the even side, ie: 224-225. :hmm: Please keep in mind that I am speaking about the control/input indicator not the feedback temperature reading.
Here is the kicker, the instruction manual says that the +/- adjusts the unit by 5 degree increments up or down, which by now based on my EQ is not the case. So ..... what is going on or what is the true deal? Thanks and much appreciate all. Cheers! :cheers:

ichibaneye,

Canadianguy

I had a question or maybe just an observation!Ever since I bought my Solo Iv'e been using it for the last 2 months or so anyways.....notice when I'm done a bowl it's mostly a darker brown....which is fine with me!Usually starting at 4 or 5 and going to 6.So I pulled out my Arizer V Tower and packed the wand in the D/Dave setup!First time in months!It seems that I never get the wand bowl nearly as dark as would the Solo,mind you the Solo is a lot closer to the bowl!Usually running the V Tower around 380 or 392 with a 3/4 full bowl and the hose is about 1.5' and the D020 D bubbler!Maybe I'm just use to the solo and have to take in more deeper hauls with the V Tower and longer,it didn't seem that I had to before or I just forgot?It seems a lit bit more airy to,may be because there 18 mm joints with the D020 D bubbler and before that I use to use a old school glass bong which was 14 mm joint!If I'm using a bubbler to,I have to any hotter then 380!

Peace

Last edited:
Canadianguy,

zucchini

Hi all,
I've had my Q for a few months now, and after reading the rave reviews regarding everyone's favorite DDave mod, I'm about to join the club. It seems like a lot of you have this guy here:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/19mm-to-19mm-female-to-female-glass-joint-adapter-usa-565982102

I'm about to purchase. Curious what size screens are necessary. Do I already have them in (my own personal) stock? I need to know!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for elbow replacements? Arizer's stock elbows leave much to be desired (like durability).

Thanks!

Last edited:
zucchini,
Reactions: DDave

hoptimum

Hi all,
I've had my Q for a few months now, and after reading the rave reviews regarding everyone's favorite DDave mod, I'm about to join the club. It seems like a lot of you have this guy here:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/19mm-to-19mm-female-to-female-glass-joint-adapter-usa-565982102

I'm about to purchase. Curious what size screens are necessary. Do I already have them in (my own personal) stock? I need to know!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for elbow replacements? Arizer's stock elbows leave much to be desired (like durability).

Thanks!

If you use the SSV wand you won't need the elbows

hoptimum,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Thanks!
Screen size that fit in my adapter was the exact same size as a US Quarter coin.

I want the option to do bags though. So... I do need a 'bow, I think. Until I'm comfortable enough to mod my SSV wand, which I haven't even purchased yet.
No need to modify the wand, just insert an elbow screen in the bottom.

ichibaneye

Thank you for that information. :rockon: I do plan on reading the whole thread but I am only about 38 pages in so far. I have not modded it yet but I do plan to and once again thank you for the added information.

I do know that the preset on the buttons are just that ranges for everyone to work with from that buttons specific preset. I say this because not all herbs/trates vape consistently at the same temps based on many factors thus the range of temperature adjustments.

I thank you also for the reply and will apply the input you both have shared with me. :tup:

On another Note, i read on a site that the EQ could be adjusted in 1 degree increments with the +/- adjustment. Also myself and 4 other Adults watched as we did use the +/- buttons and it was in 1 degree increments. Now here is where is got interesting for me. We then switched it off and come back to the EQ a few hours later and now the +/- buttons where counting in 2 degree increments and it would change from an odd 2 degree plus minus, ie: 303 - 305 and then jumps to 2 degree increments on the even side, ie: 224-225. :hmm: Please keep in mind that I am speaking about the control/input indicator not the feedback temperature reading.
Here is the kicker, the instruction manual says that the +/- adjusts the unit by 5 degree increments up or down, which by now based on my EQ is not the case. So ..... what is going on or what is the true deal? Thanks and much appreciate all. Cheers! :cheers:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone?

ichibaneye,

Justpassedu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone?

I believe 5 deg increments is the older model and adjusting by 1 degree is the newer version. If yours is doing 2 degrees at a time than there is a problem and you should contact arizer for warranty. Also vaping at 500deg Fahrenheit is way to high , that's pretty much combusting. Start at high 300,s and work your way up.

ichibaneye

I believe 5 deg increments is the older model and adjusting by 1 degree is the newer version. If yours is doing 2 degrees at a time than there is a problem and you should contact arizer for warranty. Also vaping at 500deg Fahrenheit is way to high , that's pretty much combusting. Start at high 300,s and work your way up.

I never start on 500F I always work my way up to get the most out of the flowers. Thank you and I will be contacting them.

ichibaneye,

Ifeejulah Vapor

I think a little bit of ABV sneaks into my EQ sometimes. what do you guys do about this? I just vaped a bowl and It had a wierd taste to it, so i think It might be because some ABV falls down. Do I take this thang apart?

Ifeejulah Vapor,

Justpassedu

I think a little bit of ABV sneaks into my EQ sometimes. what do you guys do about this? I just vaped a bowl and It had a wierd taste to it, so i think It might be because some ABV falls down. Do I take this thang apart?
I take a compressed can of air and blow it out upside down when it's cool. Some here have taken it apart but I'm not sure it could void you're warranty.

Justpassedu,

Ifeejulah Vapor

Hi all,

Thanks!

I got these screens on ebay after checking all my local shops and finding nothing. these fit like a charm. shipped pretty fast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151484720224?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ifeejulah Vapor,
Reactions: zucchini

Canadianguy

Are u using a screen in the middle of the dish shape glass?That is different too but cool!So you have a arizer cap in the bottom and the middle screen above?Huge bow!What are u trying to show in the 2nd pic?Good stuff!

Came across a nice improvement to the whip. Im using the DDave F/F adapter and a 18mm male to 14mm male adapter. With an EQ elbow screen in the 18mm male side. looks like this....

sorry its sideways. anyway the airflow is better if you like controlling the strength of your pulls or suck your herb right up into the elbow screen.

the 18 mm male is longer than the stock elbow 18mm male adapter and fits deeper into DDave adapter so the herbs sit closer to the heating element.

looks kinda cool too

Canadianguy,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave Thanks for the great post! I'm still learning this stuff, and the photos helped me out a whole bunch :)
@killick, No problem. I love the modded EQ for both its performance and ease of use! For me, a far better experience than that of a stock unit!

Enjoy! And if you have questions, keep posting them! :rockon:

DDave,
Reactions: killick

ichibaneye

looks kinda cool too

errrrr hey how about a photo rotation before posting. ;) BTW it looks like maybe I might have problems with the EQ people. We will see how it all plays out over the next few email. Is the the official thread, as in are the EQ manufactures involved in this thread? Cheers!

ichibaneye,

Ifeejulah Vapor

errrrr hey how about a photo rotation before posting. ;) BTW it looks like maybe I might have problems with the EQ people. We will see how it all plays out over the next few email. Is the the official thread, as in are the EQ manufactures involved in this thread? Cheers!

Its def possible arizer people are on this thread...rockwise? not sure if hes with arizer or just sells Arizer products

Not 100% sure

Last edited:
Ifeejulah Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Is the the official thread, as in are the EQ manufactures involved in this thread?

This is the official thread, but Arizer does not and never has participated in any thread at FC. Rockwise was a vendor of Arizer products when he started the Solo thread, but he is no longer in that business.

I have no doubt whatsoever that someone from Arizer does read the threads for their products.

Ifeejulah Vapor

I set my EQ at 235° for my shatter and bud mix,don't go any further, because the other day my boy used it and had it set at 250° and I never checked it,it got CHERRY RED!
Awesome man im bouta try that ASAP...that bag looked dense wooooh

Ifeejulah Vapor,
Reactions: OG420
Top Bottom