• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Paulst

Hi all, new member here, and also new to vaporizing (have owned a Da Vinci Ascent for 3 days but now want a plug in vaporizer as well) and have an Extreme Q arriving within the next couple of days, I've been reading back a bit and have come to the conclusion that the stiff whip tube is going to be a pain from the off and like many others I'm looking to replace it with a more flexible tube.. so, I was wondering if anyone from the UK could recommend some tubing as I'm looking on ebay and have found this..

8mm x 11mm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Tra...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f240bef84

But I'm unsure if it is suitable, it says it's FDA approved but would like someone to confirm the inner and outer dimensions needed ? As I don't have the Extreme Q yet to measure it myself, and I've seen a couple of posts on here saying that the tubing they bought was too tight.

BR, Paul

Paulst,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hi all, new member here, and also new to vaporizing (have owned a Da Vinci Ascent for 3 days but now want a plug in vaporizer as well) and have an Extreme Q arriving within the next couple of days, I've been reading back a bit and have come to the conclusion that the stiff whip tube is going to be a pain from the off and like many others I'm looking to replace it with a more flexible tube.. so, I was wondering if anyone from the UK could recommend some tubing as I'm looking on ebay and have found this..

8mm x 11mm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Tra...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f240bef84

But I'm unsure if it is suitable, it says it's FDA approved but would like someone to confirm the inner and outer dimensions needed ? As I don't have the Extreme Q yet to measure it myself, and I've seen a couple of posts on here saying that the tubing they bought was too tight.

BR, Paul
You want to get the 5/16" I.D. version. The wall thickness and O.D. are less important, but the stuff I use has 1/16" wall thickness making the O.D. 7/16".

:peace:

Stu,

Paulst

You want to get the 5/16" I.D. version. The wall thickness and O.D. are less important, but the stuff I use has 1/16" wall thickness making the O.D. 7/16".

Thanks, I found this chart useful for those of us used to metric.. http://www.carolynrelei.com/inchchart.htm

So 8mm or 5/16" it is then. Does the temperature range of the tubing matter? As the one I found on ebay states -40 to +200°C and I've seen some state up to 250°C ??

Thanks

Paulst,

stressed

For all you using bags with the Eq , I just wanted to share something nice i have been using for awhile now. It is the Camelbak Ergo Hydrolock valve. I simply put a small piece of the stock tubing at the end of glass mouthpiece and than attach this valve and what it does is lock the bag from any vapor getting out instead of having to use your finger. It works perfect and theirs a small yellow piece that opens and closes. Its great and will keep your vapor in for awhile while nothing escapes. I bought mine from amazon but they can be had for cheap most places online , here is a link http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-90121-Camelbak-Ergo-HydroLock/dp/B0019DGBC8

that's pretty neat. i just went the diy way. i take a small square of a paper towel, role it so it forms a cone, wrap clear tape around it and then i jam it into the hole. holds first time every time.

i use nothing but the bag. i had given up on vapes due to the whip hurting my throat and lungs. even through an ice bong it just wasn't doing it for me. the bag is perfect. some people dismiss it, but for those of you who are thinking of a bag, for $150 you can't go wrong.

Paulst

200°C should be plenty IMO. The tubing itself doesn't get very hot during use.

Thanks, I received the EQ yesterday and am fairly impressed with it.. the silicone tubing hasn't arrived yet so using the standard whip at the moment, but I think I prefer the bags so far. I'm starting off at about 205°C and getting pretty good results but I feel a little experimentation is needed with this unit.

Being new to all this I'm a little confused regarding the modifications some of you are you doing, and bear in mind I'm reading 'back' through this thread, I can work roughly what I need to upgrade the experience.. But I've read so many posts mentioning DDave adaptors, SSV whip/wands, different elbows etc! Now I'm having trouble working out which mods and which sizes (FF or MM) I'd need?

I have a few questions...
I'm assuming the DDave is a replacement glass cyclone bowl that sits closer to the heating chamber?
Does the DDave make an improvement when still using the standard whip?
Does the SSV wand replace the need for using an elbow on the whip?
Are most elbows universal?
Also, if it's not too much trouble, could someone link to the mods I need with the correct sizes?

Many thanks

Canadianguy

Hi!....new to the forum and to vaporizing.Purchased the Arizer V Tower and can't be happier!Use to own the Vapir NO2,it's like night and day.Anyways is there a way to keep these screens in the bowl to sit well?I've used the tower 3 or 4 times already and the screens could actually flip upside down if your not careful.

edit:just ended up cutting it.

Any ideas or suggestions would be apreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
Canadianguy,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I have a few questions...
I'm assuming the DDave is a replacement glass cyclone bowl that sits closer to the heating chamber?

Yup, and provides a more open path. If you notice in the middle of your Cyclone bowl is some glass with a small hole in the middle, where you put the screen. The DDave adapter is wide open.

Does the DDave make an improvement when still using the standard whip?
Does the SSV wand replace the need for using an elbow on the whip?
Are most elbows universal?
Also, if it's not too much trouble, could someone link to the mods I need with the correct sizes?

Yes, yes, and yes.

The DDave adapter will put the load closer so you need less preheating and lower temps. The SSV wand replaces the elbow and now can become the place to put your material. The EQ elbow screen holds ur stuff in place.

18mm is the size you need everything EQ. Sometimes refered to as 18.8 or 19mm.

Tweak,
Reactions: Paulst

Canadianguy

I think I will take your advice!I'm pretty happy using the cyclone bowl.I have a 14 mm adapter coming to me for a water pipe,I already have a extra elbow and tubing!I wouldn't go out and by a new whip but like the idea of the bowl being closer to the element.When the adapter get's here i'll try the elbow Idea!I'm old school so any kinda of vapping is new to me:)

Thanks

Last edited:

hoptimum

Hi....where can I find these D Dave F/F adapters?I have a Arizer V tower.

Thanks

you will need one silver surfer stem, one 18 mm f/f adapter, plus tubing and a bong or bubbler, if you so desire. Your elbows will work in an 18 mm female bong/bubbler. The elbow is better than using the cyclone bowl but not as good as the ssv wand, IMO

Canadianguy

If i'm putting the end of whip into the pipe a ordinary stand up pipe.The shorter the whip the better?

So all i needed was a elbow instead of a adapter and whip.

Canadianguy,

Paulst

Yup, and provides a more open path. If you notice in the middle of your Cyclone bowl is some glass with a small hole in the middle, where you put the screen. The DDave adapter is wide open.

Yes, yes, and yes.

The DDave adapter will put the load closer so you need less preheating and lower temps. The SSV wand replaces the elbow and now can become the place to put your material. The EQ elbow screen holds ur stuff in place.

18mm is the size you need everything EQ. Sometimes refered to as 18.8 or 19mm.

Thanks, so if I bought this SSV set I wouldn't need anything else over than a DDave adapter If I decide it needs one afterwards, there is also a DBV whip set.. do these work as well?

SSV... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261561420961
DVB... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHIP-FOR-...?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a9583ddb7

They sell both the wands seperately for a little cheaper so I may just get the wand on its own. So do both wands (SSV & DBV) do pretty much the same job? And I'm assuming adding the DDave adapter will improve things even more??

Sorry for the noob questions :)

Last edited:
Paulst,

Canadianguy

Why these wands specific?This vaporizer kicks my ass every time ha ha,iv'e been trying those elbow packs with all the stock parts.Who ever thought of that....hat's off to you!Since i read you can't clean the whip with alcohol? or something but what about the mouth piece and the elbow.I guess with q tip..

Peace

Last edited:
Canadianguy,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Why these wands specific?This vaporizer kicks my ass every time ha ha,iv'e been trying those elbow packs with all the stock parts.Who ever thought of that....hat's off to you!Since i read you can't clean the whip with alcohol? or something but what about the mouth piece and the elbow.I guess with q tip..

Peace
Mouthpiece and elbow and all of the glass parts, I throw (gentle place them) them into warm water with a little bit of PBW (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/) and leave to soak for 30 mins, then come back, rinse them off with distilled water and they are brand new again! I never used ISO alcohol to clean it but I have heard it is also great!

Any rubber/silicone tubes and whips, warm water is all I know to use.. There may be something better but I haven't looked into it yet. Mine are still pretty clean anyway

& yes elbow packing is the absolute bomb! Love it

Radio,

Paulst

Peace

I was just looking into buying what the members here recommend (ie: the SSV wand) as apparently it's better than using the standard elbow so I thought I might experiment with it a little.

The standard whip cannot be cleaned with Isopropanol (well it's not recommended for PVC) whereas a silicone whip can be cleaned with Iso. I read somewhere that it's recommended to change your PVC whip every few months if silicone is not an option. I will try to find the link.. http://vaporblog.org/blog/guides/caring-for-your-arizer-extreme-q-a-comprehensive-guide/

I haven't tried elbow packing yet, is that where you suck a bit up into the elbow then place that into the cyclone bowl? I may have to try that (after I double check that procedure is correct) :)

VANVAS

Nice link to clean it!!
I was just looking into buying what the members here recommend (ie: the SSV wand) as apparently it's better than using the standard elbow so I thought I might experiment with it a little.

The standard whip cannot be cleaned with Isopropanol (well it's not recommended for PVC) whereas a silicone whip can be cleaned with Iso. I read somewhere that it's recommended to change your PVC whip every few months if silicone is not an option. I will try to find the link.. http://vaporblog.org/blog/guides/caring-for-your-arizer-extreme-q-a-comprehensive-guide/

I haven't tried elbow packing yet, is that where you suck a bit up into the elbow then place that into the cyclone bowl? I may have to try that (after I double check that procedure is correct) :)

VANVAS,

Paulst

Just tried the elbow packing and very impressed. Only really got about 3 decent hits off it but this method is an ideal quick hit solution. Also the ABV didn't seem as dark as when using the bowl and I tried turning up the heat a little but didn't really get anything after the initial 3.

I wonder how the bags come out with elbow packing... hmmm.

Edit: Just found these on Amazon, they are fair bit larger (55cm x 60cm) than the standard bags and only £1.99 for 3 of them... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1PVXVV1VAPJSP

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Just tried the elbow packing and very impressed. Only really got about 3 decent hits off it but this method is an ideal quick hit solution. Also the ABV didn't seem as dark as when using the bowl and I tried turning up the heat a little but didn't really get anything after the initial 3.

I wonder how the bags come out with elbow packing... hmmm.

Edit: Just found these on Amazon, they are fair bit larger (55cm x 60cm) than the standard bags and only £1.99 for 3 of them... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1PVXVV1VAPJSP
I find the same thing! I preheat it to 260, I chop my herb a little bit (not much, really just pull it apart a bit) and pack it in and place the joint into the cyclone bowl, then bring it down to about 220 and take a few hits, bring it up to 230, few more hits and finish with one last hit at 250, then put let the whole thing cool down and collect my ABV :lol:

Probably more efficient / intelligent ways of doing it, but that's all I have found works for me so far. Other more experienced users are welcome to chime in with their elbow-packing / temp techniques :)

Paulst

I find the same thing! I preheat it to 260, I chop my herb a little bit (not much, really just pull it apart a bit) and pack it in and place the joint into the cyclone bowl, then bring it down to about 220 and take a few hits, bring it up to 230, few more hits and finish with one last hit at 250, then put let the whole thing cool down and collect my ABV :lol:

Probably more efficient / intelligent ways of doing it, but that's all I have found works for me so far. Other more experienced users are welcome to chime in with their elbow-packing / temp techniques :)

I'm not having much luck elbow packing and using a bag, I would have thought it'd be better than using the bowl but I tried the bag twice and neither of them were that cloudy. It's odd as when elbow packing and using the whip the first 3 hits are incredibly thick clouds, so I would have thought using the bag would be the same.. maybe I need to turn the heat up a bit as IIRC it was on about 205°C.

Paulst,

Paulst

Paulst,
Reactions: VANVAS

SavageCore

Is it really nice and flexible, slightly stretchy and easy to move around and bend?
If so, its nice silicone :) And the smell will just be from manufacturing (atleast I hope)
Give it a nice warm water bath before using it anyway

how much did you pay and what length did you get?

I got 6 foot for $24.50 (postage to UK)

Yeah it is flexible, stretchy and easy to move around and the smell has gone now so in the future I think I will bath it first.

SavageCore,
Top Bottom