The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is my first post here I think..I got an Extreme Q recently, and it's a nice piece of equipment, but I too notice that the effects give me some irritability compared to smoking. Major bummer.

I don't blame the device at all and I think most people wouldn't have this problem but I think I can totally relate to Newcastle here. I wonder what the cause is--maybe the cannabinoid profiles that get released with a vape are really different to smoking? My only other vape experience was with a VaporGenie.

You can vary the effects by using a different temperature. Move up or down 15-20°F. Keep experimenting. Don't go below 300°F or higher than 420°F.

pakalolo,

Newcastle

Stoned!
Yea I didn't try that. I don't use that set up so won't have a whip to scrape. With the SSV wand and hose it doesn't juice up the hose like the elbow hose. I am looking forward to reclaiming the wand after it gets good and sticky. Liquor store here I come. I think A bath in a little everclear and shots! Well a small sip at a time!

I added a new accessory to the wand whip setup. You know how everone battles with the hose flopping over. I hung a hook on the wall behind the Q and to the right about 3 inches. Now it is hands free! Picture this. The hose goes up and loops down. Well I hook the hose over the hook and VOILA! HANDS FREE!...I know its the simple things in life. :freak: To make it even more redneck its not a hook...its a paper clip hooked to an organizer behind it. Hey same thing!:shrug:

Newcastle,
Reactions: Teedub

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
This is my first post here I think..I got an Extreme Q recently, and it's a nice piece of equipment, but I too notice that the effects give me some irritability compared to smoking. Major bummer.

I don't blame the device at all and I think most people wouldn't have this problem but I think I can totally relate to Newcastle here. I wonder what the cause is--maybe the cannabinoid profiles that get released with a vape are really different to smoking? My only other vape experience was with a VaporGenie.
Hi Vaporis, what is the max temp you take your herb to? Is your setup stock? Use water? What kind of herb?

Vaporis

Hi Vaporis, what is the max temp you take your herb to? Is your setup stock? Use water? What kind of herb?

Well, I once went up to 500F, but it was close to combustion at that point; the herb turned black and it tasted smoky, so I tried 450F and that was a little better but I'll try your advice and keep it between 300-420 and see how that works out.

I've tried it with a skunk strain of some kind...not exactly sure what it is, it was just sold as "skunk" (good stuff overall though, nothing really wrong with it but I don't know its genetics).

My setup is stock.

Btw, I accidentally cracked/scratched a couple of the glass pieces, very slightly (no one would notice the marks unless they were looking closely). They still work, but is it a bad idea to keep using them? I've heard glass with cracks in it can spontaneously explode or release glass shards but I'm not sure if this is just worrying over nothing.

Vaporis,

hoptimum

When I first got my EQ I was frustrated with the quality of the vapor and didnt feel I was getting all the cannabanoids extracted to my satisfaction. I was much happier with the quality of extraction and vapor with Da Buddha. It wasnt until tweak and ddave began to discuss their mods on here that I took the EQ out of mothballs and added some mods of my own. The major design flaw in the EQ IMO is that the herb is too far from the heat source with both the elbow and cyclone bowl. The mods address this shortcoming and my results are a lot bigger rips and more thorough extraction.

hoptimum,

Vaporis

Thanks hoptimum, I will check out the mods.

One last thing...I'm getting a weird plastic burning smell from the unit. But it's been left on high with the fan running multiple times for up to an hour at a time (I know the manual mentions that it must be left on for manufacturing residues to burn off), and still there's a strong smell coming from the heating unit.

Does this go away with time? If not, I think that's pretty disappointing (and maybe unhealthy).

Vaporis,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
When I first got my EQ I was frustrated with the quality of the vapor and didnt feel I was getting all the cannabanoids extracted to my satisfaction. I was much happier with the quality of extraction and vapor with Da Buddha. It wasnt until tweak and ddave began to discuss their mods on here that I took the EQ out of mothballs and added some mods of my own. The major design flaw in the EQ IMO is that the herb is too far from the heat source with both the elbow and cyclone bowl. The mods address this shortcoming and my results are a lot bigger rips and more thorough extraction.

Ditto! The stock setup didn't allow for my quick, strong, fewer hit sessions. After the adapter replaced the cyclone, got this. Then with the addition of the SSV Wand, gained ease of use.

Thanks hoptimum, I will check out the mods.

One last thing...I'm getting a weird plastic burning smell from the unit. But it's been left on high with the fan running multiple times for up to an hour at a time (I know the manual mentions that it must be left on for manufacturing residues to burn off), and still there's a strong smell coming from the heating unit.

Does this go away with time? If not, I think that's pretty disappointing (and maybe unhealthy).

I've never had a plastic smell. Can you do a burnoff for 5-10 mins, on MAX, with no fan?

Vaporis

I've never had a plastic smell. Can you do a burnoff for 5-10 mins, on MAX, with no fan?

I've actually done this a couple of times already, but the plastic smell is still there. I'll try it again though and report back.

I've actually done this a couple of times already, but the plastic smell is still there. I'll try it again though and report back.

Well, unfortunately, it's still there. If I could describe the smell, it would be kind of like the smell of a vacuum cleaner after it's been running for a while. It actually seems like it's stronger than before, if anything.

Really weird.

If you turn the Extreme Q on and then stand near it, you don't get any plastic odor at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaporis,
Reactions: DDave

Epikurous

I was using my EQ and then it shut off and the green light on the power brick turned off too. Now the green light won't come back on and the unit doesn't turn on. I'm hoping it's not broken and maybe somebody here might know how to fix it but I bet there's a 95% chance it's toast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Epikurous,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I was using my EQ and then it shut off and the green light on the power brick turned off too. Now the green light won't come back on and the unit doesn't turn on. I'm hoping it's not broken and maybe somebody here might know how to fix it but I bet there's a 95% chance it's toast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Take the power brick to Radio Shack, assuming there's one local to you, and ask them to find a replacement. I've heard of other's success stories doing so. Then take it home and test, but open the packaging carefully, so you can reseal it in case it fails to power on your EQ as well. If it works, you get a keeper that's probably going to cost less than an Arizer OEM & if it doesn't, nothing lost except 2 trips to Radio Shack...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Take the power brick to Radio Shack, assuming there's one local to you, and ask them to find a replacement. I've heard of other's success stories doing so. Then take it home and test, but open the packaging carefully, so you can reseal it in case it fails to power on your EQ as well. If it works, you get a keeper that's probably going to cost less than an Arizer OEM & if it doesn't, nothing lost except 2 trips to Radio Shack...

What DDave said. If the green light on the brick won't come on, then it is most likely the problem. The good news is that your EQ is probably fine, and the brick is fairly easy and inexpensive to replace.

oli

Sorry for the late respond but it was the same for me when I first started vaping with the EQ and same issues with irritability, itchy throat the next day, so I bought a bubbler and started to vape through water and that completely solved the issue! :rockon:

On another note could anyone clarify these points:
Do the tall VapeXale EZ load Bowls fit the ordinary EQ ELB or do I need to buy some SSV ELBs?
Is it any good?

thanks

oli,

Epikurous

What DDave said. If the green light on the brick won't come on, then it is most likely the problem. The good news is that your EQ is probably fine, and the brick is fairly easy and inexpensive to replace.

I had my first power cable go bad with a short around August. I bought a replacement and it's worked well since then until now. Now it won't light up or anything. I tried out my old power cable that stopped working and now it barely working, turning on and then back off every 20 or so seconds. I think there's a problem with the unit or something.

Epikurous,

randomperson

Reporting back in, :rockon::nod::clap:

So I initially purchased my Q used on March 20th for 70$CAD. (Missing One elbow/Remote/1 bag but extra screens 1 new/1used cyclone.)

On March 28th i was lent a used Volcano easy valve bag and was able to picked up a used DBV with everything but with only 1 spare wand screen. Seller gave me a spare whip tube and new mouth piece for only 50$CAD .

RESULT:
1.DBV Wand + Q elbow screen + DBV/Whip pipe+DBV/SSV basic mouth piece =sweet. Big improvement over Stock for Whip Mode

2.DBV wand+ Q small piece of PVC+Volcano Bag= OMG cant believe i have a hackano now.

WOW, and to think I was ALMOST going to order a SSV whip set with extra mouth price for nearly 50$ lol.

even if i don't sell DBV for 120$ all in im pretty damn happy.

0BzVx_4S6hcXRaEZXNWE2V3RmbG1URGs3VFVtRWRNLW5fNk5V

Question is do i buy a latest model Q with power brick/tower/remote/original box and manual for 70$

I have the silver one which is older.... hmmmm... Decisions decisions.

The DBV/SSV come with very nice carry case bags. Im keeping that also to add to my extreme q collection lol. Q can fit perfectly in the DBV bag. poor used DBV what shall i do with it.

randomperson,

Nugg

Hey everyone.

I bought an EQ about six months ago and use it every day. At first I was just using the bags but found the taste wasnt great ans the vapor was harsh. Tried the whip fot a few days and still felt it was really harsh and almost went back to combusting.

Right around that time I got some goodies in the mail and was able to hook it up to a bubbler. This is when it all turned around for me and I fell in love with vaping! After reading around FC for a while I came across the thread about using hot water. WOW! For me this made it even more enjoyable.

For the last couple months ive been getting consistent results. I'm a couch lock kinda guy so my temps are always in the higher range. I usually finish my elbow pack on the max setting of 260.

Last night I was finishing my last bowl before bed and on my last draw I managed ti combust. GROSS! I think I forgot to stir my load (which was probably a touch bigger than normal) and also had a cotton filter in the adapter where it marries to the bubbler.

Is it possible that the cotton filter had just gotten dirty enough to lower the air flow so it held extra heat in the bowl? I want to avoid doing it again. Just using a cyclone bowl and standard right angle elbow.

oli

I'll try again with a pickie

Has anyone tried the LONG VapeXale EZ load Bowls through a Silver Surfer elbow with the EQ?

7mgM9rU.jpg

oli,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'll try again with a pickie

Has anyone tried the LONG VapeXale EZ load Bowls through a Silver Surfer elbow with the EQ?

7mgM9rU.jpg

While I've not tried this, the SSV Wand and double screen configuration offers similar functionality, but I believe offers more ease of use.

oli

While I've not tried this, the SSV Wand and double screen configuration offers similar functionality, but I believe offers more ease of use.
I can see what you mean, might be a hard job, filling it in and so on, when with the SSV wand you can simply suck it all in or ish

oli,

Newcastle

Stoned!
It becomes its own ELB. No one commented on my hook suggestion. It really makes my wand easier to use. If you can hang any kind of hook above the wand it holds the hose so it doesn't heat up and flop over. It is a nice holder while toking also. It makes it more one handed. I don't have to loop the end and hold it crazy and so on. I just pick up the mouthpiece and enjoy.

Newcastle,
I gotta try out the hookup with a bubbler, I have an EQ and its great. Have you considered adjusting the temp or experiencing with lower temperatures. It seems the eq varies for everyone in regards to what temperatures to use.

chris worthy,

randomperson

I really want to try a evo's elbow screen with ssv glass adapter for comparison against stock/dbv wand setups.

I like the thought of a wider elbow vs a tall wand. It just seems safer. Sorta like if airizer upgraded the stock design. The wand is a completely separate entity. Airizer could OEM create a ddave styled bowl/wider elbow with longer screen.

randomperson,

Vaporis

It seems like the burning plastic smell on my Extreme Q is as strong as ever..it isn't burning off at all.

I'm not the only one who has had this problem either; if you g*ogle "Extreme Q" and burning plastic a lot of people have noticed this smell.

While I was initially really happy with the Extreme Q I am actually kind of angry about this. It can't possibly be healthy to inhale whatever is making that smell (it isn't the tubing or anything either, the smell is coming from inside the unit itself).

Last edited:
Vaporis,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Look up how to take apart the vaporizer(it isnt too hard) and see if there is anything melted on the inside.

Skeena,

Torontoke

Hi any experienced users with the bag here? I wanted to know whats your preffered way to vape with the bags

Torontoke,

Laughing man

Hi can anyone tell me if there's different types of bowls for the ariser extreme q and bigger bags or any modifications cheers peeps any info will be greatly appreciated

Laughing man,
Top Bottom