The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

icemeltman

Hi icemeltman, Yep, you've got it. The elbow screen is by far the easiest to remove and replace, so loading is done at the bottom.

So goes a little like this... with small pile of ground up herbs, I remove the elbow screen from the bottom of the wand, then drawing on the whip I suck up all the ground herb into the wand. After, place the elbow screen into the bottom... Loading (and subsequent unloading) is really simple now.

I tried just the SSV Wand, with no whip, and while it worked the vapor was was too hot.

Hope that helps!

DDave - Vape On!

DDave, thank you for your feedback. Is there a particular whip and mouthpiece you would recommend?
I have not been able to find just the whip and or mouthpiece. I see they do sell the whole package, but I only bought the SSV wand, thinking I was going to use it solely with the 18mm female and the ariser q.

icemeltman,

Cillerix

My buddy is about to purchase a new Q but he is looking for some silicone tubing to replace the pvc that comes with the unit
does anyone know the inner/outer diameter for the pvc whip that comes with it?
Thanks-cill

Cillerix,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My buddy is about to purchase a new Q but he is looking for some silicone tubing to replace the pvc that comes with the unit
does anyone know the inner/outer diameter for the pvc whip that comes with it?
Thanks-cill
5/16" ID. This is what I use as replacement whip tubing.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Liberty

pedrodepacas

pedrodepacas,

jeff

Has anybody tried the following mod or has all of the stuff necessary to try the mod and wants to?

Instead of ddave's f/f an 18f/18m stick an elb into the male then
something f/something on top of that to deliver vapor in whatever way you desire.

jeff,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've got back my ol' trusty EQ as a Cloud backup, until the EVO arrives.
And of course, I've been creative with the setup again.
As you have probably noticed, my EQ setups tend to be very cumbersome, but performing! At least this one is not inverted, lol :D
So the new setup still uses my screen-modded EQ. I've stopped using the inverse hitting on a modded cyclone bowl.
Instead I've incorporated some VapeXhale gear to make this frankenvape setup.

Parts used:
Powered EQ (screen modded).
Empty naked cyclone bowl (no rubber, silicone cover, no screen inside)
2 glass elbows connected together with super short tube (so their ends actually touch)
Vertigo HT with a keck clip.
VapeXhale ELB as a bowl.

Observations:
The VX ELB works extremely well in the elbow. Much better than a regular elbow pack. Can hold more and never spills.
It is even further from the heater than an elbow pack, needs the highest temperatures (210-245 °C) to get vapor.
The double elbow part is only an adapter to connect the female cyclone bowl and a HT and a bowl holder.
However I've noticed it also works quite well as some sort of "vapor prism". It decomposes the vapor.
Catching all the particles in the first elbow, making a pool of clear awesome honey in the second elbow.
Then only gaseous vapor goes into the HT. And the HT stays relatively clean even after several session. All the junk getting caught in these elbows. You can see it in the pictures, I've started with clean glass and after getting these elbows that golden, the HT still looks kinda clean (no, it was not cleaned again)

2jg5ifo.jpg

10fxpv7.jpg

Seek out.

Last edited:

exit

Does anyone know if Vapir NO2 screens are interchangable with EQ screen? They look like the same stuff in pictures but I don't have any EQ screens on hand to compare to... just tons and tons of NO2 screens.

VapirNO2Screens_large.jpg

exit,
Does anyone know if Vapir NO2 screens are interchangable with EQ screen? They look like the same stuff in pictures but I don't have any EQ screens on hand to compare to... just tons and tons of NO2 screens.

VapirNO2Screens_large.jpg
I can't see anywhere those screens can be used on the Eq

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: metrons

jeff

Got a FF adapter to give the DDave mod a try, sans SSV wand, because I don't have one.

jeff,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey All! Was unable to get online! Found something MMJ can't cure, a computer crash... but it really does make the repairs seem much more enjoyable! :smug:

EQ + DDave adapter + Planet Vape 18M to14M adapter + Pinnacle Water Tube = Mind Blowing! Last night me and my wife had to drink coffee at 10P.M to help us come out of the stupor we were in.
Hey Cannabis Connoisseur, simply awesome! Glad to hear you're EQ is still able to impress!

Got a FF adapter to give the DDave mod a try, sans SSV wand, because I don't have one.
Hey jeff, the standard whip/elbow works fine with the adapter. I just like the SSV Wand for a less resistive draw and screens on both sides of the herb.

jeff

Hey All! Was unable to get online! Found something MMJ can't cure, a computer crash... but it really does make the repairs seem much more enjoyable! :smug:

Hey Cannabis Connoisseur, simply awesome! Glad to hear you're EQ is still able to impress!

Hey jeff, the standard whip/elbow works fine with the adapter. I just like the SSV Wand for a less resistive draw and screens on both sides of the herb.

You know I did DDave. I thought it seemed harsh. But a bit cloudier. Only did a few rips. Not sure what I think yet.

@DDave you dropping temp when using. Ff mod?

Last edited:
jeff,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You know I did DDave. I thought it seemed harsh. But a bit cloudier. Only did a few rips. Not sure what I think yet.

@DDave you dropping temp when using. Ff mod?
Hey jeff, in the beginning after I first received the adapter, I did turn the temp down. The F/F brings the herb closer to the heater and I was experimenting with flavor vs. session time. Since most of my sessions need to be quick, most sessions start and end at 200C. That way I can extract the goodies from a 1/2 full SSV Wand in about 2-3 draws.

On the rare occasion when I have time for a longer, more enjoyable, session... I start at 160C and raise 10 degrees each draw until I reach 200C. (More flavorful session, but takes longer to reach target state).

Hope this helps!

Please note: the temperature of our units seems to vary... so 200C on my machine may actually be different on yours, even with the same glass... so experimentation is not only necessary (but also 1/2 the fun!)..

Vape On! :rockon:

metrons

Ive been using my extreme q for about 2 years now. i stumbled upon this thread and was amazed at all the tips and tricks everyone uses for their extreme q. can some of the experts here please answer a few questions i have about my extreme q (questions i have after looking through this thread)

1. replace elbows! i literally just broke my last one today, then i read how they're not good anyway. i saw people using an SSV tube? sorry, i dont know what its called. can someone link me to just a standard SSV thing? i'd love to purchase one, i'm not exactly sure what they do but everyone seems to love that SSV thing on here. i think i read somewhere its 30 bucks? i dont know which to get?

2. water bubbler? i've only ever vaporized, i'm not sure what a water bubbler does exactly, can someone explain how using a water bubbler (i think thats the right term) with my EQ ...the benefits i guess? also, can someone recommend a bubbler? i'd like to spend less than $100? i don't know what they cost, this is all new to me. i saw a video on youtube with somone using a bubbler, looked like the glass tube filled with vapor, he pulled something out of the bubbler and then got a massive amount of vapor? it looked FANTASTIC! i just dont know WHERE To begin with those.

3. with an SSV and a bubbler thing, will i need any other accessories to get the most of out my pot?

i just found this forum, i'm just in aww of what people know, everyone seems kick ass and cool, more than willing to share info. would really appreciate any advice, i'd love to start getting some new things for my Q and start getting the most out of it.

cheers!

metrons,
These are some of my recent mods inspired by you guys they are inexpensive and extremely effective. The first pic are of the pieces used in my current setup which consists of 3 pieces. the second is of how it pieces together and its sturdy and solid. These mods are used with an Elbow screen pack method that produces huge,tasty, and smooth clouds. This is a night and day difference between now and factory specs. It is by far a better machine and all mods total $75, A poor mans creation until I get the critically acclaimed Evo!!!

l5kb.jpg

From left to right: 18mm female to 18mm female adapter B.K.A DDave adapter $10
Pinnacle Water Tool $50 (with discount code)
18mm male to 14mm male glass adapter $15
ijkc.jpg

Beautiful Clouds and a very worthy machine now I get DRAGON CLOUDS at 374 (190) degrees
so Im comfortable at 356 to 363.
EQ REVIVAL!!!!
WHO'S COMING WITH ME MAN???????

Last edited:

jeff

So I got some Cloud ELB's.

Put it in 18m/14m. Whip tubing to bubbler. I used the cyclone. Will try ddave ff later.

First impression. Better extraction than my normal elbow pack. Also way less of a restricted draw because you don't have to pack the elb like an elbow pack. Which I'm guessing is why the better extraction.
Could also be I didn't change from my regular temp and the 18/14 rides deeper in the cyclone than the elbow.

Need to play more. Will report back.

@Cannabis Connoisseur you make me wish I had gotten the PNW. Drats. I never got the inverted EQ to do anything good. I'm gonna give it a shot. I think I have the stuff to do it with elb.

jeff,
So I got some Cloud ELB's.

Put it in 18m/14m. Whip tubing to bubbler. I used the cyclone. Will try ddave ff later.

First impression. Better extraction than my normal elbow pack. Also way less of a restricted draw because you don't have to pack the elb like an elbow pack. Which I'm guessing is why the better extraction.
Could also be I didn't change from my regular temp and the 18/14 rides deeper in the cyclone than the elbow.

Need to play more. Will report back.

@Cannabis Connoisseur you make me wish I had gotten the PNW. Drats. I never got the inverted EQ to do anything good. I'm gonna give it a shot. I think I have the stuff to do it with elb.
Hey you can still get the PNWT for $50 if you contact them a friend of mine did that a couple of days ago. I'll say this all I've set out to do is eliminate each and every piece of plastic no silicone or pvc anywhere and I've successfully succeeded IMO I'm going to order a few Cloud Elbs to see if I can incorporate those into my setup the DDave adapter is paramount in getting good consistent clouds IMHO. I've had countless glass pieces made just trying to eliminate all plastics. Either way I personally believe the EQ still has LOTS of unexplored potential. Once again WHOS COMING WITH ME MAN??? :brow::rockon::wave::goon:

Top Bottom