• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

thesoloman

my newest technuique elbow pack with this settup
1210121012-00.jpg
1208121358-00.jpg

thesoloman,
I want to buy a third-party source. Because Czech Arizer doesn't sell replacement sources (it's almost broken) and because I hate the power cord fit, that likes to unplug itself constantly. So I need something 19V, 65+W. But what connector? On low-quality photos I can't see if it's the right one.
They're named after their sized, but I can't measure very precisely tenths of milimeters to be sure. Anyone knows what exact connector does EQ source have?
I'll take a photo. You're lucky I had my EQ out today.
iZLNj.jpg

Not sure if that helps. Since I'm typing a post anyways...

I had a day off today so I decided to give the EQ a run for the first time in months. I went with a 1/2-3/4 full cyclone bowl of very lightly vaped ABV from the Solo the night before. I had purposely vaped it extra light so I could test it out today. Effects were very strong in my head and I passed out about 30 minutes after my session.

:tup: I might just keep the EQ plugged in purely for this purpose just before sleep.

kingofnull,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Haha, i have the connector, but I know there are many similar ones that I wouldn't differ just from a photo. I need to know exactly how it's called. They're called like X.X0 x X.X0 mm. In e-shops, they have just blurry photos and these mm specs (which can differ by tenths of milimeters)

Seek,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i just found one locally that's supposed to be in excellent condition for 80 bux... i'm gonna try n pick it up tomorrow... its just missing the power cord so i want to bring one w/ me to make sure its not too good to be true... AC100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A input, 19V --- 3500mA output is what i found... AKA Switching Model Power Adapter??? hopefully i have something around the house that uses something in this range just so i can check it out... im excited about this working out... i can give my portable vapes a break finally...

Buildozer,

Karuna

Cotton filter for elbow filter screen
This morning I cleaned the filter screen inside the elbow and noticed how it was all covered with tiny plant particles and clogged from cannabis oils and tar. It was getting harder and harder to clean it, so I took a piece of organic cotton ball (the one that women use to clean their faces with) and put it inside the elbow filter screen. It works great if you don't pack the cotton too tightly, and it filters all those tiny particles that would end up on filter screen (or in your lungs). At higher temperature settings cotton also filters out some of cannabis tar — high/buzz is probably the same as without the cotton; at least I didn't notice any difference.

Photo: cotton inside the elbow filter screen

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
It was getting harder and harder to clean it

Soak it into Iso every week (or every night !), and then rinse with hot water.... it will be clean easy ;)

You can use toothbrush to clean it easiest

LeTchen,

Karuna

Yes, that's what I intend to do. Same procedure as with glass pipes. Instead of toothbrush I use small size oil painting brush (the benefit of being an artist, haha).

Karuna,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...er-Herb-Vaporizer-VP320/712939_629294035.html which appears to me to be a Extreem Q knockoff or possibly real, what do you guys think?

You don't know the chinese quality for this copy...... but possible it's not a copy !!!..... Arizer says that their vaporizers are made assembled in Canada... assembled, not made ! So I think all parts are made in China, and it's very possible that chinese people can assemble the parts they make for Arizer !!!......So I think it's an Arizer, without warranty !

LeTchen,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
hi, i was looking at a thread about bubblers and i came upon a link which led me to a wholesaler storefront, anyways after looking around a little bit i found this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...er-Herb-Vaporizer-VP320/712939_629294035.html which appears to me to be a Extreem Q knockoff or possibly real, what do you guys think?

I recall this being discussed here maybe a year ago or so. IIRC a member had purchased a Q from eBay and found that the contents of the box did not exactly match Arizer's description (some missing pieces) and the manual was missing (or a photocopy version, I don't remember which). All indications from the packaging was that it originally came from China. A few possibilities:

- It can be a knock-off, so you can't be sure how close to the original it is.
- It could be a unit built for the China or Far East market by a local manufacturer who has licensed the design from Arizer, and the unit is also being exported (which probably violates the agreement with Arizer, but these agreements are near impossible to enforce).
- A 3rd-party is buying product manufactured for sale overseas but is instead reselling it into other markets.

Personally I don't think the price difference is worth the risk. Not only might there be differences in the product itself, but perhaps most importantly there is a distinct possibility that there will be no warranty or if a warranty claim is made Arizer will not honor it (this has happened even with legitimate units from unauthorized resellers, i.e., the reseller is then responsible, not Arizer).

There are resellers in North America where you can be positive that you are receiving the real thing, you will receive good customer service, and the warranty will be honored. For around $150. IMO better to do business with these resellers.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
iv'e been using one of these for about 4 days now and this thing is sweet... its a nice change from portables for every bowl.. huge difference... those are only for travel and back-up now... i expected it to be an average whip vape but its much better... i never worry about combustion... i'm sure its possible though... i usually pre-heat, and use pretty dry very fine grind even though its not necessary... still i haven't been satisfied so far w/ the bags and i don't expect to... what is the best way to go about using the bag option?? i just wonder if its possible to get a medium milk from it...

Buildozer,

oldiebutgoodie

... i never worry about combustion... i'm sure its possible though... i usually pre-heat, and use pretty dry very fine grind even though its not necessary... still i haven't been satisfied so far w/ the bags and i don't expect to... what is the best way to go about using the bag option?? i just wonder if its possible to get a medium milk from it...

Re combustion, when you pull hard with the Q set ~230C+ you are getting in the neighborhood, although IIRC most here who have reported combusting have been closer to 260C. Apparently doesn't happen often, but then again how many are using max heat?

To get a good cloud in the bag . . . What works best for me is using .25-.3g of dry fine grind (but not powdery; that clogs the screen), which is about 1/2 of the Cyclone (up to the black teflon). Let the Cyclone heat up well with the elbow in. Then I use Fan 3 on ~190C, stopping 2-3 times to stir (check the elbow for clogging, too). Depending on the herb, and using Arizer size bags, I will get 2-3 bags with the first being dense vapor, the second moderate and, if a third, it will be just whispy; for both the second and third bags I raise the temp another 10C. With a smaller load I use Fan 2 or even Fan 1 to decrease the air ratio and to avoid the fan pushing through the center of the load (which reduces contact and hence extraction), and a slightly higher temp.

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I can combust if I pull really slowly and long on 220°C. My EQ is modded, though, unmodded could be 230. Fast pulls are safer (colder), but less even.

Seek,

thesoloman

I'Ve combusted once, left my herb in at 260 for about an hour, then a friend picked up the remote and blasted it at fan speed 3. the herb in the chamber instantly turned into a glowing red hot amber and COMBUSTED, had to throw away the bag because the gross smoke taste lingered so fuckin badly.

thesoloman,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i usually elbow pack, it seems almost impossible to combust that way.. i have never tried to fill a bag w/ the cyclone packed though... so would there be a disadvantage to using a bag and elbow packing maybe because it is further from the heat?? iv'e only gotten whispy results that way and it wasn't worth the wait.. i really like the whip through the bong anyway... i would use the bag if i could get it to work a little better.. thanks Olide for the fan info i'm gonna try it again... do you think cyclone pack shines over elbow pack in general or at least for the bags?

Seek, how/why is your EQ modded? for cold conditions??

Buildozer,

oldiebutgoodie

... so would there be a disadvantage to using a bag and elbow packing maybe because it is further from the heat?? iv'e only gotten whispy results that way and it wasn't worth the wait.. i really like the whip through the bong anyway... i would use the bag if i could get it to work a little better.. thanks Olide for the fan info i'm gonna try it again... do you think cyclone pack shines over elbow pack in general or at least for the bags?

IMO, yes, the elbow pack doesn't work well for the bag, the Cyclone is the only way to go. Even Fan 3 won't move air thru a pack as you want it to, and you'll get a hot spot, too. Stirring the pack helps, but what's the point? The Q's design intent for bags is to use back-pressure from the elbow screen to create the "cyclone" turbulence in the bowl, facilitating more surface exposure and hence more vapor. The Q can be a great bag machine . . . ;)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: TomC1315

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
The Q's design intent for bags is to use back-pressure from the elbow screen to create the "cyclone" turbulence in the bowl, facilitating more surface exposure and hence more vapor. The Q can be a great bag machine . . . ;)
Earlier i tried it how you said you do it Oldie and it worked perfectly... thanks... each time i tried before i made sure it was well heated up and turned it down to 205 i think.. ya the elbow is not the way to go for bags... i didn't know that the cyclone bowl/elbow were designed specific like that, that's cool. its nice to b able to get use from this feature now... its not at all why i wanted this vape and i assumed it and the remote were a gimmick but i love them both and its a nice add on when i got it to work...

Buildozer,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
iv'e decided that i like packing the cyclone for the bag, and i like packing the elbow for the bong/whip... i like packing the cyclone for low airflow hits, and the elbow for high airflow hits.. at the moment anyway

EDIT: this cyclone is kickin ass w/ the bag... i got a very decent vapor starting at a preheated 200c... thanks again this is gonna b very useful, im getting a molar pulled tomorrow morning and cant really vape for about a week... unless i use the bag

i love that cyclone bowl/screens/elbow attachment... my friend has an EZ Vape and has a tilt and the herb ends up sitting on the heating element and combusts much easier... i told him to get a cyclone/elbow/screens setup and his vape is pretty much just as good as the EQ now... those pieces are a must have for sure, they are very useful period

Buildozer,

oldiebutgoodie

iv'e decided that i like packing the cyclone for the bag . . .

Glad to hear that the bag is now working out for you. Just let me suggest that while it's fine to tap the Cyclone down to settle the contents, "packing" the herb down will reduce air flow and vapor production. And as Stu reminded, it's important to stir; I probably do at least 3 or 4 stirs for a .3g bowl. (Your ABV should be a consistent solid or even dark brown.)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
thanks for the help... BTW by "packing" i just meant "loading"... i don't pack down my vape bowls

Buildozer,

blehfleh

are there any cool 3rd party add-ons/accessories I can get for an extreme-q owner, as a christmas present? I know they love using the bag far more than the whip... i've seen some water attachments, but not sure how they work or if it's even worthwhile to filter vapor through water

blehfleh,
Top Bottom