• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
If your unit makes enough heat and screens not clogged, then I can only think of some leaks. If you don'tsee any vapor leaks, it's possible that the hot air leaks out before it can hit herbs. It happened in my EQ. I haven't noticed it for a long time because I don't use bags anymore and use fan only for pre-heating. Once I chcked the temp and found out that the hot air is leaking just as it leaves the fan. Cause of this problem was the heater cover moved slithly up, so it didn't have airtight seal with the fan anymore.

That's good info, Seek. Thanks. Any suggestion on how exactly the user can determine if there is a leak?

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Hold hand over it when the fn is on, the hot air on not going up through the cyclon bowl, but through theouter area of the heater cover.

Seek,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
maybe something between the elbow and the bag? If he's like me, then he uses a different elbow for the bag than the whip.

and this doesn't fix your problem, but I recommend grabbing the whip more often, Once you get the hang of it you will most likely not use bags anymore.

stickstones,
and this doesn't fix your problem, but I recommend grabbing the whip more often, Once you get the hang of it you will most likely not use bags anymore.

This. Once I started using the whip, I barely touched the bags. Whip's just easier.

That said, some questions:

• How many hits are you guys typically getting from elbow packs on the whip? I fill the elbow screen about 3/4 of the way full, lightly/barely stamped down to keep it from falling into the cyclone bowl, and ground pretty fine. +Quality buds too. I get anywhere from 3-6 thick vapor hits at 190
  • Speaking of temperatures...I feel like I'm getting a bunch of thick hits at 190 (again, whip + elbow pack) but temps above that don't produce nearly as much, even after stirring. Is this normal? I usually try 190, 210 then 230 to make sure I'm utilizing my herb to the fullest without combusting.
  • Should I keep hitting even if I don't see vapor? How do I know when the bowl is dead? I have an mflb and have lurked this thread like crazy, but still feel like I'm doing this wrong.
Finally, can anyone share their breathing technique when inhaling from the EQ? I know that sounds weird, but I think I'm over thinking my inhalation and fucking it up. I'm trying to make sure I'm inhaling all the vapor and holding it in long enough, but I seem to end up dizzy/lightheaded after vaping recently, and I'm thinking it's more so due to lack of oxygen rather than being stoned. I'm shooting for holding it in around 10-15 seconds...maybe this is overkill?

Anyways, thanks in advance, and thanks for all the awesome advice in this thread.

effcombustion,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Finally, can anyone share their breathing technique when inhaling from the EQ? I know that sounds weird, but I think I'm over thinking my inhalation and fucking it up. I'm trying to make sure I'm inhaling all the vapor and holding it in long enough, but I seem to end up dizzy/lightheaded after vaping recently, and I'm thinking it's more so due to lack of oxygen rather than being stoned. I'm shooting for holding it in around 10-15 seconds...maybe this is overkill?
Before I begin my draw with the EQ whip, I puff on it like I'm lighting a cigar (short quick puffs immediately exhaled) until the vapor starts flowing. Then I take a long drag and hold it in as long as I comfortably can. I find this technique eliminates the excess (vapor-poor) air at the beginning of the draw, and therefore I get a more concentrated vapor to air ratio.

Good luck, effcombustion and welcome!

:peace:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice stu! I also 'prime the pump', so to speak, by giving it a good strong short pull to get the herb in the elbow screen, then slow it down from there.

stickstones,

oldiebutgoodie

That said, some questions . . .

190c is my sweet spot. Maybe go up to 200-210c for the last hit or two, I also get about a half-dozen but I can't handle monster hits (some here can do an elbow in 1-2 hits). Like Stu I also puff prime the whip. Also given my more modest hits, I take the draws fairly quickly one after the other, and therefore I don't clear the whip with each hit; I pull the GonG end of the whip from my bubbler to clear it (i.e., the bubbler) and then reattach the whip - no need to prime the whip again as it is still filled with vapor.

Re breathing, a tip I picked up from Pappy - I take a big breath thru my mouth and then exhale it thru my nose; this leaves a little air in my lungs which seems to help avoid too deep a draw and is more comfortable. I also take a long slow pull; you'll get the most by filling from your diaphragm and up, but that can be too much (at least for me, too much vapor in my tummy upsets it); I concentrate on filling my entire upper lungs and bronchi and larynx. I hold ~10 seconds, then exhale first thru my nose and then mouth - moving the vapor back out thru the nasal passages adds absorption.

I hit until I see no more vapor in my exhale. That results in a solid brown ABV. It's possible to hit more until the ABV is nearly black, milking the herb for all its got, but that tastes like burnt popcorn. My brown ABV has sufficient CBD's left to make for a nice tincture which I use for making a late evening "sleeping pill" bowl.

oldiebutgoodie,

Reveen

How many bags are you guys getting before the bag is too sticky to use? Ive probably filled up my bag ~20 times so far and its so sticky it hardly blows up anymore. I assumed they would last longer than around two weeks!

Most of the time while bagging, ill finish the bag in about 30-45 min. Is the vapor sitting in the bag too long and causing the expedited stickiness?

Ive been too lazy to switch bags this week, so ive been using the whip/elbow pack method. Love it! I have to say though, if it wasnt for the bag needing replacement so fast, Id probaby just use bags most of the time. I like to sit on the couch or in my bed and read/vape and my Q is sitting on my computer desk...which is why bags are great for me.

Any advice? Should i just go buy a bunch of turkey bags and not worry about the small added cost of having to replace them bi-weekly?

Thanks friends!

Reveen,
How many bags are you guys getting before the bag is too sticky to use? Ive probably filled up my bag ~20 times so far and its so sticky it hardly blows up anymore. I assumed they would last longer than around two weeks!

Most of the time while bagging, ill finish the bag in about 30-45 min. Is the vapor sitting in the bag too long and causing the expedited stickiness?

Ive been too lazy to switch bags this week, so ive been using the whip/elbow pack method. Love it! I have to say though, if it wasnt for the bag needing replacement so fast, Id probaby just use bags most of the time. I like to sit on the couch or in my bed and read/vape and my Q is sitting on my computer desk...which is why bags are great for me.

Any advice? Should i just go buy a bunch of turkey bags and not worry about the small added cost of having to replace them bi-weekly?

Thanks friends!

Vapor does condense on the side of the bags, and yes, over time more vapor will condense.

Buy the turkey bags. Someone on FC had an idea to cook poultry (really anything) in a resin coated bag, which I think is brilliant.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Reveen

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You should finish your bag as fast as you can, 45 minutes is too much so pretty much allvapor condenses on sides instead of going to you. If you can't finish whole bag that fast, don't fill it all the way up, fill only that much that you can intake quickly.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . Should i just go buy a bunch of turkey bags and not worry about the small added cost of having to replace them bi-weekly?

Essentially, yes. I've never timed how long a bag can be used, but you will notice the condensation forming and you definitely don't want to finish with a bag having droplets all over inside. I think 45 min is really pushing it. I use the smaller Reynolds bag which is ~1/2-2/3 the volume of the Arizer bag. For groups we use the much larger Toke bags. The more quickly you finish the bag, the less remaining condensation and with it less residual stickiness. I haven't counted the number of times I can use one bag, but 10 or maybe 15 seems about right. And when the bag gets over-used, it affects the flavor of new vapor (although of course bag vapor does not have the taste that direct draw does).

oldiebutgoodie,

hoptimum

Essentially, yes. I've never timed how long a bag can be used, but you will notice the condensation forming and you definitely don't want to finish with a bag having droplets all over inside. I think 45 min is really pushing it. I use the smaller Reynolds bag which is ~1/2-2/3 the volume of the Arizer bag. For groups we use the much larger Toke bags. The more quickly you finish the bag, the less remaining condensation and with it less residual stickiness. I haven't counted the number of times I can use one bag, but 10 or maybe 15 seems about right. And when the bag gets over-used, it affects the flavor of new vapor (although of course bag vapor does not have the taste that direct draw does).
Are the Reynolds bags you use chicken bags or turkey bags? I admit I've mostly whip vaped from my EQ, but I'd like to explore the bags a little more too.

hoptimum,

oldiebutgoodie

Are the Reynolds bags you use chicken bags or turkey bags? I admit I've mostly whip vaped from my EQ, but I'd like to explore the bags a little more too.

I don't remember even seeing Reynolds chicken bags. IIRC Reynolds just makes "Oven Bags" of which there is a "Large" for up to 8 lbs. and a "Turkey" for 8-24 lbs. On Amazon I've seen another brand "True Liberty" which offer "Chicken" and "Turkey" versions; never tried them, may have different dimensions. You have now exhausted my knowledge of oven bags. :)

AcADIeN

Sylvain
question about the whip, the one that came with the EQ make the resin taste like crap, what about the silicon one ? I wanted to try that resin but man I prefer just throwing that than smokiing something that taste like it came from a garden hose, the resin in the elbow doesn't taste like that at all.

AcADIeN,

Zookeeper

I like the chicken bags, for solo use. they are short and fat, easier to handle. Still slightly wider diameter than stock,but not as wide as turkey

Zookeeper,

Zookeeper

question about the whip, the one that came with the EQ make the resin taste like crap, what about the silicon one ? I wanted to try that resin but man I prefer just throwing that than smokiing something that taste like it came from a garden hose, the resin in the elbow doesn't taste like that at all.

I'd just do away with the extreme whip, its not that great, get a proper silicon that fits the elbow fitting well, and a custom mouthpiece. I'm checkin on ebay for something cool

Zookeeper,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
U don't know where to place your glass pick ?

A trick : a little piece of black leather glued

tip-arizerQ.jpg

photobooth

I like to use metal stir tools, I always thought it'd be a great design to have a little magnet on the side of the EQ

photobooth,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oh, the glass pick, such a nostalgia. I broke it almost year ago. And stir with scissors from that point. Only advantage I can see is that herb don't stick that much on glass stirring tool. I miss it's back, it was so great for packing into domed screen.

Seek,

DrSpottyBeard72

Oh, the glass pick, such a nostalgia. I broke it almost year ago. And stir with scissors from that point. Only advantage I can see is that herb don't stick that much on glass stirring tool. I miss it's back, it was so great for packing into domed screen.
tons on ebay mate,i'm on my second wand!

DrSpottyBeard72,

SmokeyTheBear

Honorary Wookie
Hi All,

I just wanted to say how much I love my Extreme-Q! I've had it for a bit over 2 weeks and whether it is bags or the whips, this thing is just fantastic! Thanks FC for the informed decision! I would recommend to anyone. :)

SmokeyTheBear,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I want to buy a third-party source. Because Czech Arizer doesn't sell replacement sources (it's almost broken) and because I hate the power cord fit, that likes to unplug itself constantly. So I need something 19V, 65+W. But what connector? On low-quality photos I can't see if it's the right one.
They're named after their sized, but I can't measure very precisely tenths of milimeters to be sure. Anyone knows what exact connector does EQ source have?

Seek,
Top Bottom