• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

MrNorml

^^^
If you want to settle down to one of those mind-melting sessions, just use the cyclone bowl without the elbow pack. Fill it almost to the black. Thing hits forever for one guy. Uses more weed, but is a nice relaxing way to end the day!
... or start the day...

MrNorml,

scouter0

Extreme Q 4.0 came in today! doing the initial "burn off" right now as I type this. letting it run at 410 degress fahrenheit for about an hour and a half. that should enough right? as soon as that's done i'm gonna hit the bags with my girlfriend! gonna be a fun night for sure. thanks for advice and tips everyone has posted on this thread, you all rock!

scouter0,

Malloy1

Is the vtower a solid unit? I'd get love to get the eq but I'm limited to 105 and mainly be using it with my glass so I'm not too upset about not having the bags but I hear other than that and the fans it's the same thing

Malloy1,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Is the vtower a solid unit? I'd get love to get the eq but I'm limited to 105 and mainly be using it with my glass so I'm not too upset about not having the bags but I hear other than that and the fans it's the same thing

There have been many improvements since the vtower. Arizer counts (but doesn't itemize) +20 in the Q "update" earlier this year to what is unofficially version 4 of the Q. I don't know if the heater changed, for sure there have been changes to the fan, sensors, remote, electronics, etc. since the tower. All that said, when this question has come up before IIRC the response by tower owners has been positive, i.e., while it may not be even close to the latest-n-greatest it still does the job very well. As long as you're confident about the condition of the unit, I'd expect that you'll do fine with it. Good luck!

oldiebutgoodie,

Malloy1

The thing is I can't though not for another month and although I should just wait for a q I feel if truly like vaping over smoking and what not i could see me getting a cloud for Xmas or maybe a cano. The tower comes to 105 w a coupon on overstock I found so prolly fonna go with it

Malloy1,

photobooth

I have an EQ that is a couple years old and my friend has a V Tower that's a little newer. I really can't tell the difference between the two in terms of performance. If bags aren't too important to you (they shouldn't be IMHO) I think the V tower is a great desktop vape for the money. You won't be disappointed with either one.

photobooth,

oldiebutgoodie

The thing is I can't though not for another month and although I should just wait for a q I feel if truly like vaping over smoking and what not i could see me getting a cloud for Xmas or maybe a cano. The tower comes to 105 w a coupon on overstock I found so prolly fonna go with it

I was following your logic until you got to the cano. For sure it's built like a tank and blows bags great, but you can get a close-enough bag result for a helluva lot less $ - for that extra $40 now for a Q you can save yourself more than $400 later. Or when you have a bit more bread you could sell the tower and buy the Q. There are other cheaper ways to do it. But come xmas if another vape is in your future at that price point, and seeing you're coming from combustion, the Cloud is the way to go, hands down. :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
I'm sorry, but your English is difficult to understand. Your wording was confusing.
Yeah, it's been said.
My apologies for the criticism, I was on a 'tear', and 'not' medicated nearly enough.
Once again: "Sorry"

Extended apologies to the OP for cluttering up his thread - s

survyvr

survyvr,

Malloy1

Alright fellas I was able to scrap up another 80 bones or so. My budget is just around 200. I'd love
To conserve but not a big deal. The EQ is 145 on amazon do that's my #1. The LSV is 189 on there site so I would toss an extra 40 if it's better Nd the arizer solo is on amazon for 125. I would love a portable but don't really need one I'll be running my vape thru glass 90% of the time so idk about the solo the price does make me wanna order now tho cuz I usually see it around 160

Malloy1,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
For running through glass I would go LSV or Solo. EQ is cheap quality versatile (whip+bag) that you can mod almost to anything, but when you mod the delivery (like going through you glass pieces), it gets somewhat cumbersome. LSV and Solo are much better suited for this and also effective imo.

Seek,

hoptimum

Alright fellas I was able to scrap up another 80 bones or so. My budget is just around 200. I'd love
To conserve but not a big deal. The EQ is 145 on amazon do that's my #1. The LSV is 189 on there site so I would toss an extra 40 if it's better Nd the arizer solo is on amazon for 125. I would love a portable but don't really need one I'll be running my vape thru glass 90% of the time so idk about the solo the price does make me wanna order now tho cuz I usually see it around 160
I have the solo and the Q. If bags are a big deal for you, you'll probably want the Q. But I use mine almost exclusively with the whip. I end up using the Solo more often. It's portable, heats up in a flash, doesn't use much herb and the flavor is sublime. I'd jump on that $125 if I were you.

hoptimum,
Reactions: MrNorml

MrNorml

I have the solo and the Q. If bags are a big deal for you, you'll probably want the Q. But I use mine almost exclusively with the whip. I end up using the Solo more often. It's portable, heats up in a flash, doesn't use much herb and the flavor is sublime. I'd jump on that $125 if I were you.
I'd have to agree. I want to say get the Q, but mine sits in a closet and my Solo(s) are used daily. The Q is much easier to draw on (to me at least) but the Solo isn't as tough as e.g. Pax which I find actually pretty tough to draw on (but I have bad/unusual lungs) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_volume_reduction_surgery is me!).. Q does everything except travel easily. Solo does that. So I guess if I could just have one vaporizer it would in fact be the Solo. With screen. And with Ed's wood stem from travels as glass does and will break.

MrNorml,

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
I'm looking for some sort of stand for my cyclone bowl, so it is completely stable when filling it. Do any of you have any good resources for something that might work well? Something glass with a heavy base would be ideal, but I'm really not picky so long as it seems functional.

quillquip,

Utopia193

Hey guys, I've had my extreme q for a few months now and I decided to try and vape some kief.
Well i packed an elbow and then just put some kief on top of it and pressed it down a bit. i put it on the cyclone bowl and started hitting it. i was getting pretty decent hits and then i decided to stir it a little bit and see what was happening.
When i took the elbow off and looked, there was no kief there. I figured it probably got pulled into the bud a little bit so i just stirred it and kept hitting it.
I got high but not as high as i would have assumed from the amount of kief i used. Is there a better way to put kief into my extreme q? If so, please let me know! Thanks a lot guys.

Utopia193,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I would sandwich some kief between lightly packed herb in the elbow. I don't stir elbow packs (I never found it worth it) and I wouldn't recommend stirring your kief sandwich.

Crank the heat up a little and enjoy.
:peace:

Stu,

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
I make a kief sandwich as well, but don't make it an elbow pack; I just load the cyclone bowl so the 'sandwich' is nearly to the black of the bowl. This will produce vapor for a LONG time, but will also hella clog the dome screen in the elbow. Be prepared to clean or swap out the dome screen often.

quillquip,

oldiebutgoodie

I'm looking for some sort of stand for my cyclone bowl, so it is completely stable when filling it. Do any of you have any good resources for something that might work well? Something glass with a heavy base would be ideal, but I'm really not picky so long as it seems functional.

What about one of Tstat's stands for the Cloud HydraTube? He offers an option now of using a male gong joint to sit the HT on. The Q's Cyclone should fit on it perfectly.

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've never needed cyclone more stable to fill it, but if you need, "VapeXhale HydraFoot" or "Deadfoot HydraStand (mini)" woul do the job. Vapexhale is all-glass and not released standalone yet, only with hydratubes, deadfoot has wooden base with rubber legs.

Seek,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have had my Extreme Q for over a year and half and it is still holdin up pretty good.

I have 2 SOLO's one strong one and the other one weak.
I'm torn between a plug in unit (the Q) and a charger for my weak unit?
The Q seems like the better solution.

My PERSEI'S are pretty powerful for my waxes.

ataxian,
Top Bottom