The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

AdmiralAlpacha

For anyone following this thread who also owns (or plans or is interested in) a Cloud, thought it might interest you how I rigged my Cloud HydraTube to work with my Q. I guess you could call this a "poor man's Cloud". :D

I've had wondered how the Q would work directly connected to a zero-drag glass piece vs using the whip, and also how that would compare apples-to-apples with the Cloud. I've seen the Q used upside down with an adapter but that's awkward. Here's a pic of the marriage plus a close-up of the bowl setup and connection. A straight 18x18mm male/male adapter fits into the top of the Cyclone and the female bottom of the HT.

The stock Arizer elbow screen fit nicely into the adapter joint, so I elbow-packed. Good thing too, because with herb at the bottom of the Cyclone with a second screen on top of the load, didn't work well - too much free airflow (using an empty elbow-screen like a stock Q setup improved that a little, but herb got stuck up around the joint and it was kinda messy). The elbow-pack worked reasonably well though: I ordinarily don't like the elbow-pack with the whip because of the heavy drag. With this set-up the drag of the whip is eliminated and the path is the diameter of the elbow-screen (.45") rather than being reduced to .2" like with the Arizer glass elbow which makes for a bigger hit. The HT pulls and diffuses beautifully, so from a hitting perspective I like this much better than my default Q setup (whip + inline bubbler).

An unexpected difference was with the hot spot we get in the elbow-pack. I'd always presumed that the small diameter of the spot was due to the narrow hot air flow up thru the Q's heater. And so putting the elbow closer (~5") to the heater this way would if anything make the spot even tighter. Not so. There was no hot spot, although I could tell that a small band of the herb just around the perimeter of the screen was not getting quite as much heat. So still needed one quick stir. With the elbow closer I also could reduce the heat setting a bit, with 170C seeming to be closest to the Cloud's 10 o'clock.

Bottom line, pulling thru a Q elbow-pack is still probably about 2x the drag pulling thru an equal size load in the Cloud mostly because the Cloud's airflow is so effortless. And the Q just doesn't have the performance or efficiency of the Cloud. I really like the Q, but IMHO the Cloud is just a different class machine. Of course, it's also 2x the price, too. I'm very happy I have both! The Cloud is my daily driver; it shines in every way. At the same time, I can use the Q alongside also with an HT, I'll still use the Q with the bag for group sessions, and now with the HT it's an even better back-up.

For anyone shopping a vape, I still enthusiastically recommend the Cloud as first choice. But if the price will always be too much for the budget, or the balloon capability is a must have, the Q mated with a VapeXhale HydraTube (when it becomes available for sale separately) makes for a nice alternative.

qht1.jpg

qht2.jpg
Can you get those HT's without purchasing a Cloud? Or are their similar glass pieces offered elsewhere?

AdmiralAlpacha,

dannkk

dannkk,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Can you get those HT's without purchasing a Cloud? Or are their similar glass pieces offered elsewhere?

As I posted above, "when it becomes available for sale separately". Currently the HT's are only bundled with a Cloud order. In the future they will be sold separately. My wild guess is in the approx $150 range, less than half that ALT piece. And it's designed to be hit directly, not attached to a whip - IMO that is a superior difference. Glass tends to be very expensive unless the design is quite basic and/or the manufacturing cheaply done (i.e., China), with usually corresponding poor quality.

oldiebutgoodie,

AdmiralAlpacha

As I posted above, "when it becomes available for sale separately". Currently the HT's are only bundled with a Cloud order. In the future they will be sold separately. My wild guess is in the approx $150 range, less than half that ALT piece. And it's designed to be hit directly, not attached to a whip - IMO that is a superior difference. Glass tends to be very expensive unless the design is quite basic and/or the manufacturing cheaply done (i.e., China), with usually corresponding poor quality.
Don't know how I didn't catch that when I last read it but thank you. and yeah being able to hit it directly is a huge advantage in my opinion.

I hope you are right about the price point, that is something I can justify.

AdmiralAlpacha,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
some friend of mine asked me how reliable is the extreme-q vap, I though I should say my opinion on this forums too.

My vap is now 1 years and a half (close) and I've been using it every day since day one, had to air out the dust from inside the vap (did not unscrew anything, just blasting air in it), it still work perfectly, heat as fast as day one, I'm a very satisfy customer, very proud of this. I will not go back to regular pipe.

those canadian engineer are getting as good as the german one ;p

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
^^ Yeah they are great! my EQ is almost 2 years old and works fine!
The solo is even looking better in terms of quality , I'm simply amazed thanks Arizer!

m0sh,

AdmiralAlpacha

I have only had mine for 2-3 months, but using every day, and the only problem I have had are the three elbows I have broken, but that is mostly my fault. Otherwise I love the thing and recommend it all the time

AdmiralAlpacha,

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
Okay, I have been meaning to write this for a while...

I think I may have the only voice controlled vaporizer in the world.

I am using a combination of software (DragonDictate + EventGhost) and hardware (Tira USB IR transmitter) to control my Extreme Q. Having a setup like this would be a novelty to most people I would think, but for others it could give them the independence to access medication that they (like me) would not otherwise be able to use on their own. So, whether you see this as being silly or life changing, I hope you enjoy the possibilities.

Here are the voice commands:

"Extreme Q, Power"
This command toggles the power. Additionally, if the power is being turned on it automatically turns the fan off, sets the temperature to 200 degrees, sets the two hour shut-off timer, and starts a five minute warm-up timer that alerts me when the vaporizer is ready for use.

"Extreme Q, Fan #"
This command accepts the numbers 0-3, and sets the fan speed accordingly.

"Extreme Q, Light"
This command toggles the light.

"Extreme Q, Audio"
This command toggles the beeping that occurs when the vaporizer receives the infrared signal.

"Extreme Q, Temperature"
This command cycles through three preset temperatures (100, 160, 200).

"Extreme Q, Temperature Up/Down"
This command adjust the current temperature by +/- five degrees.

"Extreme Q, Timer"
This command cycles through setting the timer for 2 hours, 4 hours, and off.

Notes:
  1. All voice commands and timers utilize both an on screen display as well as a pleasant computerized female voice (NeoSpeech Julie) as positive feedback.
  2. Global keyboard shortcuts have been made that can trigger each of the voice commands.
  3. Each command can be triggered from a menu in the System Tray as well.
I do not know how much interest this will garner, but if anyone has questions I would love to answer them.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
That's ace :tup: Really innovative. I'm sure there are a few people that would get a great deal of relief from you mod. Nice going.

J.R.R.Tokin',

oldiebutgoodie

. . . I do not know how much interest this will garner, but if anyone has questions I would love to answer them.

Very cool. So how did you capture and interpret the Q Remote's IR codes - is that built into the Tira or did you need additional sw for that?

oldiebutgoodie,

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
Very cool. So how did you capture and interpret the Q Remote's IR codes - is that built into the Tira or did you need additional sw for that?

An EventGhost plugin has been made for the Tira that makes it easy to capture and transmit IR codes. I was worried about whether the EQ used a frequency within the Tira's range, but it was no problem at all. That part of the process was no more difficult than programming a learning remote.

AcADIeN

Sylvain
quillquip, the posibilities.... thanks you very much for that idea, I'm gonna set up my pc's so it start my vap 10 min before I wake up, so it will be ready for a session right away, same when I'm back home from work, that will make me love my eq vap more. And people were saying to me that the remote is overkill, now I can show them it is not!

now I think I'm gonna go with USB IR Toy v2, which is an open source hardware

oldiebutgoodie

An EventGhost plugin has been made for the Tira that makes it easy to capture and transmit IR codes. I was worried about whether the EQ used a frequency within the Tira's range, but it was no problem at all. That part of the process was no more difficult than programming a learning remote.

Right. I'm impressed by EG's array of plug-ins. Appears that the Q's signaling is straightforward. I think your integration of DragonDictate is what makes this extra-cool.

Of course that shared freq range used by most remotes is a conspiracy by Logitech to sell universals and Sony to lock you into only its equip. :)

oldiebutgoodie,
So I've officially purchased my new Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 through Amazon from Vape USA! I'm extremely (no pun intended) excited for it to come in and for me to begin using it. After reading tons of reviews and comparing it with other candidates for potential products I'd buy, I found that this was the one that I felt would best fit my needs. Now that it's on its way I would like to take this time to ask the Fuck Combustion community, and particularly those who have used, owned, and mastered this specific product, for any tips, tricks, and suggestions for using it. Everything from what temperature to start on (I've heard this is relative to the person), to how finely ground up the herbs should be, and anything else under the sun would be helpful. I would also appreciate any other input you have on the product, like a nice review on how you feel about it as a whole.

I am completely new to vaping, aside from my one time use of the Easy Vape which I've gathered is completely different from the EQ 4.0, and am really excited to make the switch. From what I've seen and read, I think I will be very happy with the switch. :clap:Thank you guys in advance!

stttonedfc,

SD_haze

So I've officially purchased my new Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 through Amazon from Vape USA! I'm extremely (no pun intended) excited for it to come in and for me to begin using it. After reading tons of reviews and comparing it with other candidates for potential products I'd buy, I found that this was the one that I felt would best fit my needs. Now that it's on its way I would like to take this time to ask the Fuck Combustion community, and particularly those who have used, owned, and mastered this specific product, for any tips, tricks, and suggestions for using it. Everything from what temperature to start on (I've heard this is relative to the person), to how finely ground up the herbs should be, and anything else under the sun would be helpful. I would also appreciate any other input you have on the product, like a nice review on how you feel about it as a whole.

I am completely new to vaping, aside from my one time use of the Easy Vape which I've gathered is completely different from the EQ 4.0, and am really excited to make the switch. From what I've seen and read, I think I will be very happy with the switch. :clap:Thank you guys in advance!

This should help a bit to get you started

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

Top Bottom