1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The ethnobotanical thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by Acolyte of Zinglon, Aug 24, 2008.

1. It was really simple how i did it with peppermint: At this time i didn't know anything about the different boiling temperatures, i just experimented with stuff i found in the garden. The amount of mint in my mixtures was very low dosed, so to me it was quite enjoyable. I didn't observed any combustion (maybe i was just not realising it, because the amount of mint i used was so small).
    I never had an eye on the Davinci IQ. Sounds interessting. Further investigation on my side is needed.

For my part, i am really happy that i stopped consuming tobacco and i am not interested to start again after a little bit more than 10 years of combusting it. Still i will use it for spiritual reasons from time to time.

Also i am looking forward to have some camomile in my garden next year. Just planted some seeds this autumn.

@galumar do you ever vape cannabis, or do you stick to tobacco and other plants?

So long,

Thanks for sharin, keep on vaping

BV

2. galumar

galumar New Member

Dear @breiter_fighter

I was a smoker too, not an hard one, but a smoker, so i switched to vaping for deleting combustion and seems it really works great. So my experience on vaporizing dry herbs started for that reason.
    I start with tobacco and than mixing other herbs, and now as explained i have a little group of herbs that i vaping daily mixed with tobacco. It's just organic natural tobacco flavored with some amount of organic natural herbs. No chemicals no additives, just the vapor and the flavor.

In this forum there is a thread "vaporizing tobacco (not e-cigs)" in which I wrote a lot together with much friends that did the same journey for quit with smoking.
    But of course if you don't use tobacco from many years you surely don't need to try it now again, even if vaping it is a healthy way. Continue with the spiritual cannabis and just flavor it with something good when you like ;)

I was also a cannabis smoker, than i quit for many years and now I'm re-enjoyng it through vaping.
    I'm vaping cannabis alone without other herbs basically because of the temperature issue, but i'm also tasting the rich flavor itself and i like it so pure.

But if i should try to flavor it, i will surely do it with the IQ.
    So yes, you should try it, in my opinion is the best choice for vaping cannabis with some other herbs for flavor, so you will not need to mix it and having combustion issues or anyway temperature ranges to manage. You put your cannabis in the chamber and the lavender (or everything you like) in the separated flavor-chamber, and that's it!

If you just want to enjoy other herbs not necessary mixed with cannabis you don't need a DaVinci IQ, just pay attention to the correct vaping temperature of each herb, are all different.

Let em know if you try it.

Best

G.

P.S.: here is a guy trying the IQ with cannabis and various herbs for flavor it, not properly a smart one, but enough for get an idea
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Madri-Gal and breiter_fighter like this.
  3. There is a little missunderstanding - i combusted tobacco (and ganja) for around ten years, and since April 2018 i am not combusting anything anymore. So it is not soooo long time ago that i used tobacco. My lungs are really happy.

And if I use tobacco nowadays, i do it for spiritual reasons, like in some ceremonys.
    My use of cannabis is somewhere between medicinical and recreational :cool:

Thanks for the video, it is great to watch. I love this guy, he seems to be very sympathic.

Maybe someday i have the chance to try an IQ, maybe in netherlands or somewhere. Where I live, not many people own vaporizers, sadly. Personally i try to limit myself to not buy every month a new vape - which is kind of hard, because there are so many beautiful ones.

So long, thanks for the help and enjoy the beautifulness of flowers.

BF

Madri-Gal and galumar like this.
  4. galumar

galumar New Member

"Personally i try to limit myself to not buy every month a new vape - which is kind of hard, because there are so many beautiful ones"
    I perfect know that problem :D
    I'm vaping from 2 months and i already have three devices...!
    But for the moment i'm okay [i hope].

About misunderstanding doesn't change the substance of my words. If you're far enough from tobacco and combustion, just keep so.

I wish you to have the chance to try the IQ, it's a very good device, even apart from the additional flavor chamber, that anyway seems perfect for what you're searching. It's my home-device, on the go i use the MIQRO and/or the Pax. And, yes, i know, where i live i'm actually the only citizen with a vaporizer!

Madri-Gal and breiter_fighter like this.
  5. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

Vaporizer owners are the Vegans of the Cannabis world.

6. Haha. so true.

Some-new-user and Madri-Gal like this.
  7. Monk Debate

Monk Debate Well-Known Member

For personal reasons I’m cutting back on my THC usage, switching to high CBD low THC strains for medicinal use but I don’t have a daily need for cannabis as medicine. I enjoy vaping however and don’t want to waste a good inventory of vapes. What are some herbs that are not psychoactive but have other positive properties that would be good to vaporize on a more regular basis? And are there any that taste especially good? I’ve always been a flavor chaser and that’s a big part of what I enjoy about vaporizing. Thanks!

Madri-Gal and CuckFumbustion like this.
  8. You could try lavender and thyme. That are 2 of my favourites to mix with MJ.
    :peace:

9. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Lemongrass, Lemon Balm, Mint. There might be some terps from other plants to add to the mix. :) Chamomile can be vaped, but leaves more of it's residue in the vape.

KIM that other herbs might vape at lower temps.
    I buy a mint tea mix that I buy from a herbal shop. It has apple mint in it. Sweet tasting mint harvested locally.

Madri-Gal, Squiby and Monk Debate like this.
  10. Monk Debate

Monk Debate Well-Known Member

I was thinking of getting a Mighty so I could both control the temps and use dosing capsules for different herbs or blends. Thank you for the suggestions!

11. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Any experiences with Achuma cactus? Preparation, administration, effects?

justcametomind likes this.
  12. dodo

dodo New Member

I DO!!! but you already know that HEHE

justcametomind and Accept like this.
  13. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Very much so, just not vaped. I render it waaay down but don't basify.

Accept likes this.
  14. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Is this thread only for the inhalation route of administration? Several species were listed in the OP. Apparently, it can be vaped, but the effects aren't as good. Could be either dose or route that's the problem.

Very hopeful first low-dose, threshold experience. Seemed to synergize especially well with cannabis. Now, to deal with the uncomfortable, GI bloating...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  15. Haze Mister

Haze Mister Well-Known Member

Very hit and miss. Cactus is impossible to assess for potency by looking at it... the only way is to try it. If you prepare a tea, it loses potency over time and afer 1 year in the fridge may be very weak. Freezing may be the way to preserve it. Eating the dry green flesh is the most efficient way to get all of the goodies but is extremely hard on the stomach and most people would find it impossible to stomach amounts large enough for a strong psychedelic effect. Cactus flesh is basically indigestible... AFAIK It is still not clear what degrades mescaline (heat? ph? ) and there is very little hard data on the subject, only hearsay....

I had a bad experience with a Trich. Bridgesii strain- it contains other alkaloids that appear to cause dangerous physical symptoms when you try to increase the dose to something more than a mild high. Felt like the onset of serotonin syndrome and/or vasoconstriction. Avoid.

Mescaline is wonderful stuff and the world would be a better place if it was widely available..

Accept likes this.
  16. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

T. bridgesii apparently contains hordenine, a tyramine alkaloid that could cause headaches. Thought this might be responsible for a terrible headache at the tail-end of the second experience. Planning to try the other species starting with live cuttings and to purify rather just ingest the whole cactus syrup. These first attempts were from dried. With fasting, there was little discomfort, just a little burping.

Next up - Mimosa hostilis.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Haze Mister likes this.
  17. Haze Mister

Haze Mister Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it must have been hordenine. It sucks because that cactus has very impressive effects at low dosage ( almost orgasmic, stimulant, tactile and euphoric) so I invested time and money to grow a crapload of it only to then realise after taking more, that it was not suitable.. :( Purification appears very tricky... A lot seems to get lost somewhere in the process. Boiling down to a black tar didn't do much for me either.

18. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

It did seem to elevate mood at a threshold dose. Paid for it through the nose coming down.

People seem to be getting high purity. If you want to get rid of some cactus - PM, know someone who might be interested in doing a Breaking Bad number on it. Takes a few years to grow, right?

For the others, thinking about D-limonene extraction tek - all food grade materials, but full spectrum end-product. You might get whatever it is you don't want.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors