The ethnobotanical thread

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
rather than having to buy overpriced, commercialized crap,
A lot of time and money has gone into developing these blends and I reckon its just not that easy to extract and or combine various herbs to create a satisfactory effect. In the end the commercial blends have been targeted at producing something that mimics the MJ high and they have succeeded IMO.

Not trying to pour cold water on your EB experiments AZ ... if you have the time and energy for the trial and error world of creating a potent blend thumbs up brother :tup:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've always been a fan of alchemy, this is fun. Smoking blends are easy enough to make on your own -- and that's half the fun. The ingredient listing can be found and instead of buying a marked up gimmick product, do it yourself. I'm a true psychonaut so maybe that has something to do with it. ;) This thread isn't about smoking blends anyway it's about ethnobotanicals, the plants and their individual effects. Synergy is a whole 'nother discussion, (which I am ready to have! :D ) but I digress...

I'm holding back vaporizing any more hops or blue lotus until I get a new wand. I want to get a clear 'scientific' simple wand that is easily cleaned but has a large capacity for herbs. This will allow me to fill it up and leave it filled. I can take a hit and leave it for the next time I want to vape again, perhaps the next day. Stir it up and your ready to go. I'm debating how, who and where I should get this from, any suggestions would be appreciated.

SpiralArchitect,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Interesting both Acolyte & S_A both bring up "Hops" inparticular, i notice The Aussie Govt is Making Hops, not so easy to get, i Read they were Involving themselves in the erea somehow, i didn't take in the details too well, sorry. I did see a anecdote of grafting with Cannabis, apparently "Urban myth though" . so perhaps Hops is worth investigating :science:

I have dreamed ive making a cannabis/ blue lotus tincture or Drink, ive read a bit about blue lotus wine drinks & it sounds interesting :o

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i too condiser myself to be a true psychonaught, we seem to be somewhat of a rare breed :(

whats even rarer is psychonaughts that truely appreciate the power of cannabis and herbals when they are combined with meditation :o

where are you planning on getting a whip with a higher capacity bowl? you have the ssv right?
i was planning on getting 2 whips then 10 ft of extra tubing, their 3 ft tubing doesnt quite seem long enough for me, so ill go wit 4 or 5 ft

to cannabudz: that is most definately an urban myth... but the government is apparently too stupid to know that

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Reactions: phooka

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
SpiralArchitect said:
I've always been a fan of alchemy, this is fun. Smoking blends are easy enough to make on your own -- and that's half the fun. .
Sorry if I have dragged this topic a little off centre bringing in the blend / synergy thing ... but I still standby the fact to produce a combination of herbs that works as well as the commercial blends would take a lot of work and serious trial and error. I read many threads of those who have attempted to re-create a commercial blend and have come up seriously short!

I'm not a dabler or inventor and cant really be fucked with any lab work :ko: As long as I have to work long hours and travel long distances to work (those long hours) I'll happily let others do the donkey work (growing and extracting etc) and I'll keep handing over my dollars to get high. :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
personally, im extremeley put off by the "mystery ingredients" that are oh so popular with commercial blends... at least this way id know exactly what im getting... thats a big thing for me and exactly why i stay away from street drugs like acid and e, not to say that if acid came to me id turn it down

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
oh i wasnt suggesting the Govt was interested for that reason, sorry for the misunderstanding, just that they were interested somehow im not aware of, possibly it's been used by some,(for non alcoholic purposes) and there circling around to see which way too jump. My Take on goverment is they would prefer to have one stupefied, with holy Wine, rather than expanding ones Own Mind with benificial Substances, Capable of curing "Delusions" and Illness, IT's A Control Thing, You know Productivity of Economic Units, that serve a "Greater Purpose".

I Saw on the Idiot Box the other day, Mo tse tung of China "Sacraficed" the lives of over 70 million of "His" people to further His own Desire's or objectives, just a tip of the Iceberg figureatively speaking, when viewing overall history. The "Bigger Picture can do without me, because i'm certain i only have but one brief Life on this plane of exsistence. The bigger picture is about as important to me as an episode of bold and beautifull on the tele. Entheobotanicals & fully understanding them are my major concern, all else is just "Dramatic effect" or unimportant "Folly"

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
personally, im extremeley put off by the "mystery ingredients" that are oh so popular with commercial blends...
Thats a good point AZ and I see it alot from other users of commercial blends. My use of them is limited to times of famine only and these are rare and short lived.

As for there actually being a mystery ingrediant ... the jury is still out of that one and the mystery ingrediant idea is only there because no one has yet managed to recreate at home what these guys have commercially. It may well just be a clever mix of herbs and extracts that synergize enough to get you high. I dunno and don't really care. I have never been sick or felt anymore monged from the blends than I have from MJ.

Again, sorry for pulling this alittle off topic but it still has some relevance ... but best I start another thread about vapping commecial blends. :cool:

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
2,200 species of plant in the mexican landscape, and @ the supermarket you see what about 50 maybe varieties of "Approoved" plant species, I heard Orangatangs in burma/indonesia graze on several hundred species of plant, & we are supposed to be more evolved & advanced are we, i sometimes wonder

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
ps i was searching for grow info on williamsii, & this webpage, referred to ethnobotanicals, straight away i thought fuck you( its supposed to be entheobotanicals when refering to Visionary Plants) i just have to smell a fallacy & im gone, not enough time to read info to sabotage my efforts, good thing too, cause i found the real info i was after Home range weather patterns, Rainfall, lenth of regular drought's etc, even info like the little bugger's r not in full sun( not an assumption one would make of a desert enviroment) but shaded by other plant species, so no full Sun, yes Oldman gets sunburn, and im thinking unless he has been in the ground long enough he won't have the "Wisdom" you seek from him, the seed packet i have says "slow growing" visionary/medicinal plant,(subtle instructions right there) patience is required for serious endeavour, i read cultivated peyote has only trace amounts of alkaloid mescaline, hence my interest in wild habitat,& condition's which i intend to faithfully reproduce, if possible. :ninja: :science:

While im waiting out the Twenty years for williamsii to Mature, i plan on extractng from other Tricho species such as Bridgesii etc. for added potency (possibly) not too mention the other DMT stuff acacia's , ayahuasca etc.

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
i dont know im hearing different uses of those words in different places, and im learning if you don't know how to ask a question, you prolly won't get an answer if you do it's to put you off the track, Thats not the case here for example but it's out there, There are motives such as conservation issues, respect, etc. or other human folly like competion and profit, don't forget peyote collection from the wild is done on a contract/ profit basis with "Interests Involved" and regulation too, Its a murky world out there Bro, like i said "Competion and expoitation" it's the Human Way, dont be fooled by misinformation,& don't get me wrong i clearly see you intelligent and interested yourself, but man i have been hindered so much in my adult life,Trade Secrets around every fucking corner for every bloody thing, you know the saying, i could tell you, but i'd have to kill yah, :brow:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Im buying Some shamananic plants from within the country, from a "Community" who have a forum, and bro there's a lot of paranoia of Laws, and certain stuff is "Not" discussed, so yeah Subtleties r involved and prolly egos too, Ive asked questions that have gone unanswered, and later thought :uhoh: , usually i think that after going off and reading with better wording in the search engines.

ethnogenic, entheogens, murky stuff bro

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
ya, i too condiser myself to be a true psychonaught, we seem to be somewhat of a rare breed :(

whats even rarer is psychonaughts that truely appreciate the power of cannabis and herbals when they are combined with meditation :o
We are so on the same page. :) Drugs are a tool. I don't use them to 'just get high' like others.

where are you planning on getting a whip with a higher capacity bowl? you have the ssv right?
i was planning on getting 2 whips then 10 ft of extra tubing, their 3 ft tubing doesnt quite seem long enough for me, so ill go wit 4 or 5 ft

to cannabudz: that is most definately an urban myth... but the government is apparently too stupid to know that
I'm not sure. I own a Vapor Warez Vapor Cannon 3g.

I'm sure making a simple whip with a large bowl for ethnobot's would be an easy project. I prefer my tubing to be about 2-3 feet, 4 or 5 seems way too long and might create unwanted vapor condensation.

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I just realized how awesome this thread is. You've done a lot of work on the OP. Most of the info out there is limited to copy and pasted charts listing vaporizable herbs with supposed temps.

Clearly there are people who want to go beyond vaporizing marijuana, so this is pretty groundbreaking stuff. At least from the garbage I've seen out there.

The formatting available in posts here is fairly limited (improvements coming in the next version of the software), the wiki might be easier to work with for your list. But whatever works.

:tup:

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
why thankee, i have a lot of time on my hands... you know... with not being high and all :lol:

plus i didnt take hat many classes this first semester in college, just a couple computer sciences and choir, so im not too caught up in schoolwork

and i cant find a goddamn job to get me some money :mad:
other than mowing lawns and shit... :disgust:

edit: oh i just got what you said about the wiki, and im afraid i have no experience with wikis, you can do whatever you want with my list tho, its easier for me to keep it in the post, which i will do cause im trribly lazy most of the time... or something... fuck iunno im strange :cool:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Could gardening solve two of your issues? :D

Edit: nah, I was just saying the formatting available in posts here doesn't allow much other than bold/italic. No headings or lists or any of that fun stuff. Your OP looks fine to me, just didn't want you to feel limited.

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
ethno-
a combining form meaning ?race,? ?culture,? ?people,? used in the formation of compound words: ethnography.

Entheogen
Definition: any substance, such as a plant or drug, taken to bring on a spiritual experience
Example: Entheogen is supposed to be a kinder term than hallucinogen or psychedelic.
Etymology: lit. 'generating the divine within'
Usage: entheogenic adj

these are terms found in an online dictionary, howeverr , with language amongst communities words can mean different things of course.

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
an ethnobotanical is just a plant that is used by a culture, whether medicinaly or spiritually or as an intoxicant

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
its semantics really, an illustration of why we use latin for indentification its unambiguous, try to type Peyote in a search to buy "lophophora williamsii seeds" and you may see what im getting @, Ive got 8 Seeds here for germination

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
seriously acolyte go to their website and type peyote into their search engine for yourself, to illustrate my point

http://shaman-australis.com.au/

seriously even if you sign up then type in peyote nothin mate, Language, get what i mean :)

A persecuted people either head off into the hills or go UnderGround, It just is :(
& i would prefer people used rare & important Plants with respect & sustainabilty & Share. :tup:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
feel free to use your Discretion with my last post Vtac, i really dont want to fuck people over to prove a point, one of those pics too the addy is on it :tup:

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
nah its ok, i was just arguing cause im a very literal minded person, and i am almost never sloppy with my semantics, usually i read too much into things

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Reactions: NajaNaja

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
feel free to use your Discretion with my last post Vtac, i really dont want to fuck people over to prove a point, one of those pics too the addy is on it :tup:
Not sure what you mean. Posting links is fine, if that's it. (haven't read every post in this thread)

Here are some 20 year olds from an anonymous member. ;)

Beautiful. :bowdown:

Apparently it is vape-able to some degree.

vtac,
Top Bottom