The ErrlCan from NewVape

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
This thing looks like a beast. Not a radical departure from whats out there, other than an indestructable design...that's completely rebuildable.

errlcan-2.jpg

Ti and Stainless:

errlcan-5.jpg

I'm all aboot them terpenes...this should help:

errlcan-8.jpg

errlcan-7.jpg

Not cheap though...$1oo. That's a lot o' bones. But as my Kiln only lasts about a month at best...I'm putting this in the driver seat.

http://www.newvape.com/errlcan-vaporizer/

Hoosier

Why do you pay 5-6x markup every month for a new kiln when you could buy the exact same thing for $5-6?

Hoosier,
Reactions: smutman

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Yeah, that looks like it could be pretty good.
Like you say though Vapologist, kinda pricey.

Are any of the ceramic doughnut atomizers that fit this device temp' control compatible?

I'd definitely be tempted if it would work on a TC mod.

I might e-mail them to ask.

Copacetic,
This looks both slick and overpriced, as you guys have mentioned. The rebuildable design seems nice and I appreciate that it seems more simplistic than most... a nice competition for w9's 1700 (the only other rebuildable donut-specific device I'm aware of)! Just need to find it on sale for 50% off or more, and I'd investigate.

ragnorokk,

Copacetic

I e-mailed and got a reply that's not very encouraging re' TC mods.
Basically I get the impression that they've never heard of Temp' control!.

I wonder if there are TC ceramic doughnuts available that could be retrofitted to the Errlcan?

Copacetic,
No ceramic temp control algorithms exist out there, people are using Ni mode. You just need to ask the resistance to know if it will work with various TC mods :)

ragnorokk,

Copacetic

No ceramic temp control algorithms exist out there, people are using Ni mode. You just need to ask the resistance to know if it will work with various TC mods :)

Does that mean that even a kanthal (which is what I assume most ceramic doughnuts are made from) heater can be made to work under TC?
I ask as I think the metal part of any TC coil (ceramic or otherwise) has to be either Ni, Ti or Stainless steel.
I'd love to be mistaken on this though, as using something like the Errlcan on a TC mod (in TC mode) would be very attractive to me.

I wonder what metal the Divine tribe doughnuts are made from?
They are highly recommended for use with TC mods, and are either !.5 ohm or .8 ohm (I think).

Copacetic,
Does that mean that even a kanthal (which is what I assume most ceramic doughnuts are made from) heater can be made to work under TC?
I ask as I think the metal part of any TC coil (ceramic or otherwise) has to be either Ni, Ti or Stainless steel.
I'd love to be mistaken on this though, as using something like the Errlcan on a TC mod (in TC mode) would be very attractive to me.

I wonder what metal the Divine tribe doughnuts are made from?
They are highly recommended for use with TC mods, and are either !.5 ohm or .8 ohm (I think).
I believe the leads are Ni, but don't quote me on that. Ni *is* the TC setting people have been using with good success for their DT donuts (according to them; I've never tried). Kanthal probably won't work with standard settings, but might work through some sort of hack. I've heard of people using non-TC appropriate coils with a Ni wire in it for the TC, but you'd have to look on an e-cig forum or tutorial to get the full story. Newer TC mods should be able to handle both types of DT donuts, though older, cheaper, TC mods will require a sub-ohm atomizer to function.

ragnorokk,

PeteSeattle

Although pricey it seems solid. Not throwing away atty parts (except the doughnut over time) appeals to me. I'm not fond of the look of some kilns already on the market but this just looks like an e-cig atty (more stealth). If this is the first true rebuildable then there must be others that are affordable down the line. Keeping my eye on this thread.

elmoe420

I got mine yesterday but New Vape contacted me and said I was sent a pre-production unit by mistake. They refunded my money and have shipped me a new production ready unit.

I started very low on wattage and have been cranking it up in 1w increments. So far even at 12w I don't get much visible vapor production. New Vape said to run between 12-16w so I'll keep raising the wattage and report back to you all.

Once I fully experiment with the new production ready unit they are shipping me I'll do a more comprehensive report on the pros/cons of this new device.

PeteSeattle

I got mine yesterday but New Vape contacted me and said I was sent a pre-production unit by mistake. They refunded my money and have shipped me a new production ready unit.

Looking forward to your report. Did they mention when they will be back in stock?
Thanks for any info.

PeteSeattle,

PeteSeattle

Sorry for back to back post but I finally got an email back and the person had no idea what product I was talking about. They never got back to me even with a follow up email. Oh well.

PeteSeattle,

elmoe420

So I contacted New Vape again to ask for an update on the Errl Can. Unfortunately the response was that New Vape is not going to continue development of the Errl Can at this time.

They did refund me the full cost of the unit I as sent since it never actually worked properly.

Very disappointing.

elmoe420,
Reactions: ragnorokk
Top Bottom