Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Gorgeous piece of vaping art @VoidOfCourse !

This morning, my vape building brain hurts...
  1. Waiting on the Sneaky Pete review, think he may be on vacation
  2. Trying to nail down the final Timber Elite design
  3. My side project with @Alan has been sidetracked by a package not arriving for one week
But my Elite keeps cranking on and on and on...

Cannabis - A Haiku*
by Bravesst
Elite summertime
A more high, cannabis lift
enjoying the wood

*end of month coupon code: HAIKU - save 10% site wide - ends 7/31

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Damn, it's all in the details. I tried a few variations, but it came down to what's inside this bad boy.

Timber Elite Functional Prototype #1 - I just posted a 10 second video on my IG account.

First observations is 100% Elite. If there is a difference, the board is cooler (escribe software), but that makes sense due to the board to coil distance. The leads are also longer that feed the coil (a lot more 14 gauge wire). With all the mass up top, I can't even get the body beyond slightly warm. It seems to be quite the easy to use beast. I've been hitting the fire button with thumb or middle finger. Two bowls in, battery life still at 83%.

UPDATE
Either I'm getting really good at this, because I zeroed in immediately. I feel like I'm sucking on a vapor stick. The coil is the exact same, but wiring from board to coil is a bit different. I wonder if less metal mass, due to more streamlined connections near the coil, will have any effect on performance. The 14 gauge wire is longer, as it makes its way from board to coil (about 4 inches vs 2). This was necessary to assemble the top and bottom halves before final installing the cover plate. I'm trying to separate myself from the *placebo* effect, and be as critical as possible, but the TE rocks - 2 more bowls 70% battery life, and I'm completely wrecked.

20190724-163649.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporware

If the stem (and heater?) is all that’s in the top section, have you considered rotating the top section? 90 degrees is probably too much, but if it was angled a bit up from straight out the back (or front) instead of being straight up, you might be able to knock off significant height and make it more pocketable.

I’m not sure it would be the best way to go, but I think it’s at least worth considering.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
If the stem (and heater?) is all that’s in the top section, have you considered rotating the top section? 90 degrees is probably too much, but if it was angled a bit up from straight out the back (or front) instead of being straight up, you might be able to knock off significant height and make it more pocketable.

I’m not sure it would be the best way to go, but I think it’s at least worth considering.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have 2 pretty pocketable vapes, the LB Classic and Elite. I am being up front on the Timber, not for your pants pocket (unless you're trying to impress somebody - sorry, bad joke). I envision this vape as lying on its side on my end table, arm of my chair. I see it as a living room work horse. I'm not saying that a combo side by side and stacked option might not happen in the future, but that's not what this is.

Timber - think roof rafter!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
:brow: Is that a Timber in your pocket , or are you just happy to see me :lol:

Not sure if anyone as spoken up for Timber Elite yet but .. wonder if it fits in my sissy bar bag :hmm:. :spliff:

My LB's do get hot from running them "pedal to the metal" sorta speak :smug:

The Timber Elite is a cool running device. She's built like a 2 x 4, and can take the heat. I found myself leaning on the trigger with no worries. I am going to incorporate some things I've learned with this Timber body, into the Lil' Bud Elite.

Difference One
The coil is identical, but it's connected differently. With the Elite, ring connectors are attached to coil leads as they exit the underside of the wooden mounting disc. Ring connectors are then soldered to the 14 gauge wire that is soldered to the DNA board. All ring connectors are attached via #1 machine bolts, washers, and nuts, which results in a bit of metal mass. The Timber coil leads that exit the wooden mounting disc are fitted with a soldered butt connector (same connector that connects mesh to the leads), which also connects it to the 14 gauge board wire. This is a more streamline process, and should work in the LB Elite as well. The total wire length from board to coil is also longer (needs to be so I can assemble) at about 4 inches (all 14 gauge wire, same as LB Elite).

Difference Two
Coil is physically removed from board and battery, sitting atop the *mod* assembly. This is what decreases width and increases height, but I believe this may turn out to be a performance enhancer. It allows the coil to heat up in a very stable *wood wrapped* environment. This is creating a very even heating of the bowl, with even less chance of hot, harsh hits.

Difference Three
Battery stays cool and lasts longer. Last night, I lost count after 8 bowls on one old battery that I've beat the shit out of for the past year or so. This morning it was at 10 percent and still working. Maybe resistance doesn't rise as much (heat increases resistance). Maybe the battery is just cooler.

So far, even with a first draft rough prototype, I think I may have a new DD...

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hmmm two différent model automatic cars with same engine yet don't drive exactly the same, one possibly with better rpm and fuel economy. why was the threads merged again ? :lol: :myday:

Timber seems cool though , I'll have to reset IG password to go view the video and fork some funds . :rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I had to get in there once again today, more to really ingrain the build process into my brain, while implementing a few needed tweaks.

TWEAKS
1. Shorten coil box by 1/4 inch resulting in the unit shrinking by the same amount
2. Adjusted location of screws from bottom to top section
3. Adjusted battery compartment depth without making unit any wider (back to 26 mm's)
4. Improved battery compartment door fit and magnet size and placement
5. Adjusted cover plate placement
6. Streamlined coil hardware for improved efficiency

Take a peek at this impromptu video of Timber Elite prototype #1

Unit on the left is prototype 2, a full 1/4 inch shorter, with a much better battery door fit /design. The coil section is not attached yet (just placed it up there for height reference) and there is no finish applied.
20190725-160841.jpg

DirtyD

That is so awesome. Like a big comfortable wizard pipe... love it Mike, neat to see the Timber Elite get going. Cheers! More pics and updates please! D.

DirtyD,

VoidOfCourse

Gorgeous piece of vaping art @VoidOfCourse !
Thank you, sir! :)
<3
It's nearly effortless with such a lovely muse.
Cannabis - A Haiku*
by Bravesst
Elite summertime
A more high, cannabis lift
enjoying the wood
How frickn talented can one man be? You make top tier vapes, write amazingly expressive and descriptive posts like a seasoned author and do poetry!?!!
I am being up front on the Timber, not for your pants pocket (unless you're trying to impress somebody - sorry, bad joke).
:brow: Is that a Timber in your pocket , or are you just happy to see me :lol:
:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:
Take a peek at this impromptu video of Timber Elite prototype #1

Unit on the left is prototype 2, a full 1/4 inch shorter, with a much better battery door fit /design. The coil section is not attached yet (just placed it up there for height reference) and there is no finish applied.
20190725-160841.jpg
Oh my :o full blown VAS initiated. BRB hiding credit card from myself.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thank you, sir! :)
<3
It's nearly effortless with such a lovely muse.

How frickn talented can one man be? You make top tier vapes, write amazingly expressive and descriptive posts like a seasoned author and do poetry!?!!
:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:
Oh my :o full blown VAS initiated. BRB hiding credit card from myself.

Little known fact about Bravesst - published author...

So today I'll assemble Timber Elite prototype #2. It's gonna look purdy. For now, I've settled in on a $269 price tag for a bare bones unit. I'm only building in Cherry/Walnut right now (select Cherry when checking out), and there is a 10% discount code (haiku) that will put a Timber Elite in your hands for about $250 with shipping. This beast will serve you well for years to come. Last night I broke it out and shared with the wife. Her smaller hands naturally took to the shape. She liked the length, felt it was very easy to use or just lie on your lap or end table.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

So today I'll assemble Timber Elite prototype #2. It's gonna look purdy. For now, I've settled in on a $269 price tag for a bare bones unit. I'm only building in Cherry/Walnut right now (select Cherry when checking out), and there is a 10% discount code (haiku) that will put a Timber Elite in your hands for about $250 with shipping. This beast will serve you well for years to come. Last night I broke it out and shared with the wife. Her smaller hands naturally took to the shape. She liked the length, felt it was very easy to use or just lie on your lap or end table.

I think the right arm of my lounge chair has a spot where the Timber Elite will sit nicely.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Timber Elite measurements right now stand at:
155 mm or 6 1/8 tall / 48 mm or 1 3/4 wide / 29 mm or 1 1/8 thick

"Those that are complaining about the height of the Timber Elite should just get a LB Elite. There will be a lot who like the smaller cross section to make it easier to hold. If you want stealth, use an oil pen. The Timber Elite is a power house and needs an appropriate housing." @Alan

No truer words were ever spoken. Powerhouse, Workhorse, Beast, are descriptions that come to mind. Board and body temps stay low. This means all that power funnels into the roasting tube only, requiring very little wattage to produce lots of concentrated heat right where you need it. The Timber Elite is my new best friend.

Just listed the Timber Elite pretty much exactly like the LB Elite, complete and bare bones. I'm about to close out the August batch of LB Elites, Classics, but will include the first batch of Timber E's if purchased before 7/31. Coupon code HAIKU saves 10%.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The thing about the Elite or Timber Elite is I can't just turn out prototypes, as parts are pricey. So today, I broke down prototype one, applied the latest tweaks, and put together P3. I crunched the numbers, literally, and got it at exactly 6 inches in height (1 3/4 wide / 1 1/8 thick). There is one possibility for a hair shorter, but I think I like the dead on six inch number. Let me know what you think.
20190727-171142.jpg

20190727-170749.jpg

20190727-170640.jpg

20190727-170532-1.jpg

20190727-170429.jpg

VoidOfCourse

Whaaat!! I mean I'm not totally surprised but that's just so cool, man! Congrats.
I really like your style and look forward to reading your posts whenever I get on here. I'm definitely gonna have to look around for your work now!
"Those that are complaining about the height of the Timber Elite should just get a LB Elite. There will be a lot who like the smaller cross section to make it easier to hold. If you want stealth, use an oil pen. The Timber Elite is a power house and needs an appropriate housing." @Alan
I gotta agree with this.
To me this is an addition to the Vapwood lineup for home use with emphasis on hand feel accompanied by whatever performance enhancements it welds.
It has a unique individualism and therefore innovation in it's size and form factor which I'm really liking and the necessary height is part of that IMO.
The thing about the Elite or Timber Elite is I can't just turn out prototypes, as parts are pricey. So today, I broke down prototype one, applied the latest tweaks, and put together P3. I crunched the numbers, literally, and got it at exactly 6 inches in height (1 3/4 wide / 1 1/8 thick). There is one possibility for a hair shorter, but I think I like the dead on six inch number. Let me know what you think.
20190727-171142.jpg

20190727-170749.jpg

20190727-170640.jpg

20190727-170532-1.jpg

20190727-170429.jpg
:clap: :tup: I think it's a winner and is on my list to pickup when the time is right for me. :nod:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
To me this is an addition to the Vapwood lineup for home use with emphasis on hand feel accompanied by whatever performance enhancements it welds.
It has a unique individualism and therefore innovation in it's size and form factor which I'm really liking and the necessary height is part of that IMO.
:clap: :tup: I think it's a winner and is on my list to pickup when the time is right for me. :nod:

Not too shabby with words yourself there mate :cool::tup:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Many sharp minds on this forum, this thread. I realized that I wasn't dealing with a bunch of children right from the beginning. Timber E or Lil' Bud E, an individual decision.

Elite Comparison: LB vs Timber

DIMENSIONS
LBE: 3 7/8" tall x 3" wide x 1 1/8" thick
TE: 6" tall x 1 3/4" wide x 1 1/8" thick

CONFIGURATION
LBE: Battery, DNA board, and coil heater housed side by side
TE: Battery and DNA board side by side, with coil heater housed above

BASIC DESIGN
LBE: One piece design with a corner cap, connections are made in the corner cap
TE: Utilizes a two piece, modular design, connections are made in lower box between board and battery

BENEFITS
LBE: The Lil' Bud Elite is an engineering marvel in a handcrafted hardwood box. In a small space are 3 highly evolved pieces of vaping technology - the insta heat coil, the 18650 Li Ion Battery, and the Evolv DNA 75 color control board. The three work in perfect unison to deliver lots of tasty vapor on demand.

TE: Easier to hold than its predecessors. The six inch length, and mid body fire button placement, make the TE the most user friendly Vapwood product to date. The coil is housed in its own space, with a greater distance to the board, keeping things super cool - everywhere but in the roasting tube. It maintains the signature pure convection taste and on demand heating of both the LB Classic and Elite. Taste, efficiency (both product and battery), and performance in general, are top notch. In watt mode (Booster), I'm able to vape with a setting below 20 watts. One word - powerhouse!

side note: just got some good news, my lost package (side project) has been found in New Jersey. Should arrive at its destination soon

COUPON CODE HAIKU: 10%
20190727-170749.jpg

Last edited:

kuzko

Finally bit the bullet and was able to purchase an Elite from @Bravesst . It arrived yesterday and it’s a gem. I was surprised by the small size and low weight of the device. I thought this thing was going to be a monster but it’s a nice little block of wood. I’m familiar with dna 75c devices so I was quickly able to pick up the menu and switch between profiles and settings.

I was worried that I was going to have to ask the forum for help because I always do a stem pack with my 19mm mouthpiece devices. So I figured all of the profiles were for a basket end pack. Well just a few tries on each profile and I found the perfect one for me(stem packing). I have it set to the Elite Cool profile with the Elite Cool material profile on as well. This gets me pretty much instant clouds and roasts the load to perfection without any combustion risk so far.

I like that I can just set the Elite down on its side too. This thing seems really durable but I also don’t want to test that theory. Nice job on the building and thanks for the cool device.

nonbeliever

i think that the TE is perfectly portable, though perhaps not stealth. It isn’t really “pocketable”. Big difference. I could see the TE in my travel pack quite easily (I’d probably pocket it some anyway, at least when walking around).

nonbeliever,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning Elitists!!!

It's been an interesting ride over the past couple of years. We built our ranks with LB Classics, LB Elites, and Timber Elites (Timber Classic to follow). I've learned lots, every step of the way. I think at this point, we have something for everybody.

AVAILABLE FOR AUGUST 12 - 17 SHIPPING DEADLINE (cut off 7/31)
  • Lil' Bud Classic: $169 / $199 (SALE PRICE: $179)
  • Lil' Bud Elite: $299 / $329 (SALE PRICE: $296)
  • Timber Elite: $269 / $299 (SALE PRICE: $269)

Last edited:
Top Bottom