• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Alan has the DNA 75c in hand and is already working on the button distances. I am studying his email right now. Make no mistake, this is an education from a master that may not be available anywhere else, but it will be part of the Elite. So, one step at a time, FSA.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It will do whatever a DNA 75 is capable of, but there will not be any 510 connector option, altough a very interesting thought. I finally studied Alan's email enough to be able to send a lucid response. Damn can he keep specs in his head. Things are moving forward, but unfortunately I waited a little long for my CNC router choice, and the machine I'm going with is out of stock for a couple of days at an awesome price. To finalize the button sizing, I will have to create a sample cover plate. Looking forward to learning how to use a CNC router. In the long run, this will probably be a big move forward.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
If you're vaped and you know it clap your hands :clap:
If you're vaped and on the LB thread clap your hands :clap:
If you're vaped while on the LB thread and you really wanna show it if your vaped and on the LB thread clap your hands :clap::clap::clap:

Keep up the great Mike !
Funtastic weekend to all !!
I love my LB

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
:clap: took me five minutes to find him

Good news is I'm going to open the CNC box today. Also, I fixed a weird issue on my laptop with specific keys not working (y, t, tab, left control). I actually had the nerve to do a bios system restore, as per instructions on an HP forum. It was actually pretty easy, and I think it worked, saving me hundreds of dollars, much better diverted to Elite production, as well as R & D, especially when this laptop, at least initially, will become part of the CNC router set up. Glad I got it working. I've been struggling with this problem for a couple of weeks, as it would come and go, but dramatically slowing my computer work.

Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, we'll see what CNC can do...

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Bravesst - Congratulations on the purchase of the CNC router and glad to hear you got the issue fixed with your laptop. Hope the setup goes well and you learn how to use it without too much trouble. It has a lot of potential. I received the DNA75C board and various holders / buttons. Think I have a solution that will work and the CNC router will make it easy to do. I will be making custom wooden buttons for the Elite to go with the custom wooden cover plates, so it will look really cool.

There is an option to rotate the screen 180 degrees, so it is possible to mount the board rotated 180 degrees which allows the fire button to remain low on the unit like the classic LB for those who wish to have it that way. We are getting much closer to a final product.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Time for some reality.

The CNC router represents quite a challenge. Assembling was easy, learning how to use it is another story. Let's just say it may not be worth all the time and effort to master it that could be better spent actually building Elites. I believe, with the right jig / template set ups, I can build a cover plate by *hand* without having to learn how to work with this very complicated software. The router is being packed up and returned to Amazon (love Amazon). Time to take a step back, and reevaluate what needs to happen for the Elite to happen. We are one cover plate away! Alan has already built a rough, working model hand, now it's time for me to get to work.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It's a new day, and I feel a fog has lifted. With @Alan 's help, the cover plate issue is all but solved. He's already built a rough prototype, but more importantly, we have figured out the process to make the cover plate the holder, with the use of one plastic part, the screen holder. All buttons and cover plate itself will be custom made from 100 percent wood. Unfortunately, lots of previously purchased parts will never be used, and I'm finding out that is the nature of the game.

The cover plate is the integration of LB and the DNA75C board, and is really what makes the Elite. Once I can turn the board into a modular, mountable unit with 4 leads, the issue is solved.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I can't seem to add the Elite pre-order to my cart on the Vapwood site. It wants me to choose wood type, but there's no way to select one. Should I purchase the "Universal Down Payment" instead?

beezee420

I can't seem to add the Elite pre-order to my cart on the Vapwood site. It wants me to choose wood type, but there's no way to select one. Should I purchase the "Universal Down Payment" instead?
maybe you missed the pre orders

beezee420,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Time for some reality.

The CNC router represents quite a challenge. Assembling was easy, learning how to use it is another story. Let's just say it may not be worth all the time and effort to master it that could be better spent actually building Elites. I believe, with the right jig / template set ups, I can build a cover plate by *hand* without having to learn how to work with this very complicated software. The router is being packed up and returned to Amazon (love Amazon). Time to take a step back, and reevaluate what needs to happen for the Elite to happen. We are one cover plate away! Alan has already built a rough, working model hand, now it's time for me to get to work.
Hi there, @Bravesst

Learning new skills from scratch takes time and effort I also often don't have at my disposal, but I also found, that it's often enough when you concentrate on the basics and learn how to make a tool do the one specific job, you want it to do and dispense with all the clutter and niceties till later on, when you've got the time for it.
Good starting point for this is Youtube, funny as it may sound. I'll bet, you'll find quite a lot of online video tutorials and maybe even whole courses there on CNC routing.

Did the same some years back, when I needed to learn how to write a quite specific database solution for my regular business (which has nothing to do with vaporizers) in Filemaker and had not a clue, how to use that nice piece of software, I just bought. Not having the time to take up a regular course there and eager for fast results, I resorted to the interwebs then, finding a shitload of Filemaker tutorials online that explained what's what and how to go about the most basic tasks, like doing a customer data base, writing invoices and so on, which often enough already showed you handy shortcuts, how to get from A to B there. Later I focused on vids, that showed solutions that were a bit more similar to the one I had in mind and could be easily modified to serve as part of my own database solution, until I was able to combine it all in writing my first version of a functional solution that did all the things, I needed it to do. After that, I did a 2.0 version, that was in a way simpler, but more refined and does its job until today.

Not to kid oneself, this also took at least 2-3 month and much burning of midnight oil, with the database logic even intruding on my dreams at that time, but saved me thousands of bucks in the long run, which would have been spent on a ready made software otherwise, that still wouldn't have fulfilled all my needs but also would have introduced a lot of features, I absolutely had no use for and that would've always been rather in the way, of getting me tasks done the simplest and fastest way possible.

Give it a try, when you find the time.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

I made the fix, you should have no problem completing your purchase.

@blokenoname Thanks for the encouragement. I had to step back and go old school with this. In the long run, I think the Elite will benefit. My woodworking skills have improved with all this fine work, and the Elite will be the culmination of all that work.

I am happy to be settled on a design for board and cover plate. Once all my *new parts* arrive, I'll get started. The thing is, once the cover plate is finalized, the unit is just about complete. The Elite really is the integration of Lil' Bud and the DNA75c board via the cover plate. It's all about the plate. The rest is just wiring.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning Elite followers...

Ordered some more parts / tools yesterday. Alan has also returned his completed prototype of the cover plate. Looking forward to seeing what he's done. I have a very clear idea on how to reproduce this accurately. Big step forward for the Elite.

The pre-sale pay link was broken (DOH), but now it's all fixed, and we are still accepting pre-orders, and pre-order down payments (use down payment link, select Elite as your option).

All are ducks are back in a row - Full Steam Ahead!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I just checked, and it's working. You can use the universal down payment option, then just select the Elite as your choice.

In a holding pattern while I wait for snail mail to arrive.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@elkpeace Take a peek back a few pages, the CNC was just a bit too much to learn, for what I need to do. As a matter of fact, just arrived today, Alan's cover plate prototype. This will get looked at closely tomorrow. This really is the only big variable left in building the Elite. I will mimic @Alan 's design, possibly tweak it a bit more, and more importantly, figure out how to do it . Once that happens, everything should fall rapidly in place. I've said this before, the Elite is really the cover plate, and how it's integrated into the unit.

money2

@Bravesst - Congratulations on the purchase of the CNC router and glad to hear you got the issue fixed with your laptop. Hope the setup goes well and you learn how to use it without too much trouble. It has a lot of potential. I received the DNA75C board and various holders / buttons. Think I have a solution that will work and the CNC router will make it easy to do. I will be making custom wooden buttons for the Elite to go with the custom wooden cover plates, so it will look really cool.

There is an option to rotate the screen 180 degrees, so it is possible to mount the board rotated 180 degrees which allows the fire button to remain low on the unit like the classic LB for those who wish to have it that way. We are getting much closer to a final product.

Exhilarating to hear that the elite will not need to be relegated to being a top fire button design based upon the potential to rotate the screen 180 days.
The low button is one of the strongest ergonomic design attributes of the classic LB and it would be a shame to lose this benefit.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Big news! The cover plate for the Elite has been pretty much worked out. Last night I figured out what needs to happen, and how it needs to happen. A CNC machine won't be necessary. With the right set ups, this might not be so bad. Big weekend for the Elite.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning all,

This is the weekend of the cover plate. Today I'll be getting all the drill bits I ordered, and I have a plan. I know I can handle the mounting aspect, turning the cover plate into a 3-point mount that will accept a shapeways simple screen holder. Next, it's forming the 6 openings (4 simple holes, 1 rectangular screen, 1 usb slot). I'm actually not intimidated by this, and very confident it'll come out well. Getting closer and closer!!!

HerbieVonVapster

More been lurking than posting typing on a iPad sucks. Glad to see the faceplate mounting issue is working out.

Looking forward to some pic’s soon. Along with you thoughts on performance. The iheat has been the easiest of the 510 devices to set up work with the the DNA chip. Sure the elite will offer same ease in material files.

Try using the DJLSB 316L material file. It’s used in the 19/19 stem profile. There also some other on fcshare can try.

Once you start playing with live device monitor you will see how material files affects wattage use. Basically higher material resistance value equals hotter temperatures. Can tweak to a point but if you over adjust material resistance it will affect how it uses wattage (more)and cause issue with reading material correctly.

My suggestion would be download some profiles. Since the DNAc is based on 2 battery you either need change that setting or stick with using the profiles downloads. Plus currently not sure of mod resistance of elite so another reason use profiles. Make sure your also in manufacture mode for access to all settings.

Another though would be download the DNAc file it add the material from profiles into your escribe. Can view them without uploading to elite. You can see the changes tweaks I made on Max’s temp puff time etc. then use them as a guild.

It makes a backup copy first time you connect escribe and on changes. So you can’t really screw anything up. Once spend some time using escribe and live device monitor it all make sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom