Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenBud

but scientifically speaking, there's little to no CO2 emitting from butane combustion if air intake is on full.
That's intersting, because I was thinking to use my ELEV8R this way too.
Can you post the scientific file please?
How can I calculate the exact amount of CO2? the products are CO2+H2O how much for each one?

GoldenBud,

johnnyCanuck

My apologies. I meant very little butane left after combustion since by products are CO2 and water. Both are safe to inhale.

johnnyCanuck,

510vaporent

Hey so I just got my elev8r a week ago and I love it. I know a lot of you are using this with an enail and coil which seems cool but i have been pondering the possibility of filling up the Elev8r heater with 3mm stainless steel beads or silicone carbide and using it in an induction heater! Do you all think that this is possible or am I an idiot for thinking this could work and be awesome?? Obviously it would make it no longer a pure glass vape but if it could provide the hits I get with a torch with the convenience of an induction heater I might be ok with that trade off. Any thoughts?

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Hello everyone I figured I would share some of my learnings on the Enail mod. As many of you know (and have supported thank-you) I have been making these kits ready to go. What I have found is I am no longer going to be offering the Auber coil. Besides being smaller with less wraps, the auber coil is much more touchy to stretching. Besides the uneven heating (which is not normal and to me seems dangerous) it is causing controller fuse trips and other irregularities. So I just bought about 15 auber coils I can't use and will only be offering Disorderly Conduction coils moving forward. I have plans to use the coils for another setup but it has not hit the market yet. Still in testing but I can tell you its good!

If I sold anyone an auber setup and you are having problems please contact me and I'll get you squared away.

Chandler

Besides the uneven heating (which is not normal and to me seems dangerous) it is causing controller fuse trips and other irregularities.
Interesting. I mentioned last week how on my first two attempts the coil caused my rooms fuse to trip. Tonight I tried again and no trip...

I set the pid for 650. The coil shone a light red n maintained a reading Of 575. I waited about 10 minutes just to observe but no change. I upped the temp to 700, it maintained at 615....
I took a draw and got some nice vapor, about a minute later another draw. Nice vapor but tasted a bit burnt... Being new to the setup I don't have a system to remove sic clip n stir etc... So that was it. I let the coil cool, took off the heater, the top of the herb was well roasted but 80% of the load remained green. Sent it to my Vrod to finish off...

I'm not sure if there's issue with my coil, but i can recall someone writing of a similar issue with the temp inconsistencies. Also I'm trying to figure out how to simplify the process of using the Elev8r, where to put coil when hot etc...
My coil is still a bit loose, afraid to part the coils further... Switching coils back to the 20 mm for vrod, the temp stabalizes where its set.
I'll admit, I got a nice buzz off the few draws I did get, but i wasn't impressed with process... I'll revisit in a bit

Chandler,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Oogendoogan @VGOODIEZ

The Elev8r kit has landed!!! This thing is TINY!!!! I thought it would be more substantial but it is so compact.
Beautiful design, very minimalist and sleek.

On arrival I filled her with beads and a small screen to hold them in the body as they fall out...
Not keen on having hot glass balls falling out on me. LOL!

On my first heat up the Auber coil glowed like crazy!!! Went bright red very quickly so I turned it off.
Waited for it to cool down a bit and lowered my temp to 200C. No problems with glowing.
Moved up to 225C and still good!

Loaded up a bowl of Wizard God and let rip!
Vapor takes a bit longer to form but then it just keeps coming!! Flavor was great and the herb was pretty spent from one massive hit. A quick stir and another massive hit, not tasty but no coughing either.

2 small bowls have me feeling groovy on this Friday afternoon!

I will keep testing and watching the coil and report back via email @VGOODIEZ

I also have another option for a stand! This is an old vape stand that was made for the D-Nail Lotus piece of junk. It now serves as my SV4 and now as my Elev8r stand!
it's perfect!!
Just looked and D-Nail no longer sells the Lotus...LMAO!!
I am sure a Chinese glass blower would be able to make these for cheap!

20200515-125743.jpg

EDIT:
I let it cool down completely and then turned it on again, glowing red.
Turned off and let cool down again.
Now I turn it on and at the first sign of any glow, I turn the controller off again.
Wait a few seconds and continue with the heating and it was good!
Just a few more steps but no more glowing coils!

AcidFlashbang

Hey so I just got my elev8r a week ago and I love it. I know a lot of you are using this with an enail and coil which seems cool but i have been pondering the possibility of filling up the Elev8r heater with 3mm stainless steel beads or silicone carbide and using it in an induction heater! Do you all think that this is possible or am I an idiot for thinking this could work and be awesome?? Obviously it would make it no longer a pure glass vape but if it could provide the hits I get with a torch with the convenience of an induction heater I might be ok with that trade off. Any thoughts?
Well I can say without a doubt that SiC beads would do nothing in an IH, unless they were contaminated with metal. The SS balls could work but I'm not sure how it would perform. You should do it for science. :D

lazylathe

Almost there...
So after yesterday's first test of the Elev8r I have a few comments.

The glowing coil is kind of a pain but I have worked around it and it seems to be good, just getting it to temp takes a bit longer.
I am running it at 225C or 437F. What is everyone else using for temps with a coil?

Vapor production takes a bit to get going but once it does, it does not stop!

Flavor seems to be good as well but find it to be a bit hit and miss still.
A smallish bowl seems to take two hits to finish and that is perfect for my use.

AVB is a bit on the lighter side, so maybe need to up the temps more.

The glass balls add a nice bit of restriction to the hit as well.

It does not seem to have the same heavy effects my other vapes have, could also be temp related.
I finished off last night with my trusty SV4 and could feel it was a lot stronger.

Will be playing around with temps to see if I can improve the experience a bit more!

@AcidFlashbang
Sorry to bust your bubble but keep your money in your pocket!
Do not waste it on metal beads to try and use an induction heater to heat it up.
Unless you build your own induction heater that is capable of heating up such a mass!
The Chinese ones or those cheap kits will not work.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

The glowing coil is kind of a pain but I have worked around it and it seems to be good, just getting it to temp takes a bit longer.
I am running it at 225C or 437F. What is everyone else using for temps with a coil?

A smallish bowl seems to take two hits to finish and that is perfect for my use.

It does not seem to have the same heavy effects my other vapes have, could also be temp related.
I finished off last night with my trusty SV4 and could feel it was a lot stronger.

Will be playing around with temps to see if I can improve the experience a bit more!

@AcidFlashbang
Do not waste it on metal beads to try and use an induction heater to heat it up.
Unless you build your own induction heater that is capable of heating up such a mass!
Bro let me send you a DC coil. No glow. That's what I'm going with moving forward.

someTooL

Ok, I’ve missed the glow talk.

Glow = Bad?

I’ve got the Auber coil. Definitely seen it glowing a few times around the 2 inner coil wraps. Time to hit up @VGOODIEZ to buy a DC?

someTooL,
Reactions: lazylathe

AcidFlashbang

I wasn't the one planning on doing it lol.

Ok, I’ve missed the glow talk.

Glow = Bad?

@VGOODIEZ to buy a DC?
Glowing reduces the lifespan of the coil.

LabPong

If you have a good size torch....I highly suggest using it on the elev8r a few times to get the hang of it. Then you will know exactly how powerful and pure tasting the Elev8r truly is.

Then you can work towards a highly satisfying experience with the coil setup by understanding what can happen when you get it setup well with the coil.

The elev8r is by far the strongest vape I have used......but it does not have to be strong when you use it all the time.....that is what I luv about it. That and no draw resistance with vapor in seconds.

lazylathe

Almost there...
If you have a good size torch....I highly suggest using it on the elev8r a few times to get the hang of it. Then you will know exactly how powerful and pure tasting the Elev8r truly is.

Then you can work towards a highly satisfying experience with the coil setup by understanding what can happen when you get it setup well with the coil.

The elev8r is by far the strongest vape I have used......but it does not have to be strong when you use it all the time.....that is what I luv about it. That and no draw resistance with vapor in seconds.

Problem is torch heating does not transfer over to digital heating. Totally different operations.

I may remove some beads as well as that could be causing it as well.

Really enjoying using it though!!

Have you ever tried the Supreme range of vaporizers? They are my comparison vapes as I use them daily.

Last edited:
lazylathe,

DogBoy

know fear
...is this thread getting ported or what...?!?...

...the Elev8r is a very signifigent and currently relevant vape, more so now than ever...

...this is NOT IMHO...LoL...

@Oogendoogan @VGOODIEZ

The Elev8r kit has landed!!! This thing is TINY!!!! I thought it would be more substantial but it is so compact.
Beautiful design, very minimalist and sleek.

On arrival I filled her with beads and a small screen to hold them in the body as they fall out...
Not keen on having hot glass balls falling out on me. LOL!

On my first heat up the Auber coil glowed like crazy!!! Went bright red very quickly so I turned it off.
Waited for it to cool down a bit and lowered my temp to 200C. No problems with glowing.
Moved up to 225C and still good!

Loaded up a bowl of Wizard God and let rip!
Vapor takes a bit longer to form but then it just keeps coming!! Flavor was great and the herb was pretty spent from one massive hit. A quick stir and another massive hit, not tasty but no coughing either.

2 small bowls have me feeling groovy on this Friday afternoon!

I will keep testing and watching the coil and report back via email @VGOODIEZ

I also have another option for a stand! This is an old vape stand that was made for the D-Nail Lotus piece of junk. It now serves as my SV4 and now as my Elev8r stand!
it's perfect!!
Just looked and D-Nail no longer sells the Lotus...LMAO!!
I am sure a Chinese glass blower would be able to make these for cheap!

20200515-125743.jpg

EDIT:
I let it cool down completely and then turned it on again, glowing red.
Turned off and let cool down again.
Now I turn it on and at the first sign of any glow, I turn the controller off again.
Wait a few seconds and continue with the heating and it was good!
Just a few more steps but no more glowing coils!

...seeing that is helping me accept my Auber rig...I have developed Coil Envy behind the 710 16mm coil...

Last edited by a moderator:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Oogendoogan

Originally had 91 beads to fill the whole unit.

I removed all the beads but did not like the experience as it was just too open for my liking.

Slowly added beads till I was happy.
It is around half full now and is pumping out great tasting vapor.
Effects feel a bit stronger today as well, so we are getting somewhere!
May need a few more beads to optimize it for my use.

Still at 235C

Oogendoogan

@Oogendoogan

Originally had 91 beads to fill the whole unit.

I removed all the beads but did not like the experience as it was just too open for my liking.

Slowly added beads till I was happy.
It is around half full now and is pumping out great tasting vapor.
Effects feel a bit stronger today as well, so we are getting somewhere!
May need a few more beads to optimize it for my use.

Still at 235C
Hey so I’ve read the past few of your posts and I’m gonna try to help you get the results I’ve been getting with my set up. First of all, the glowing coil is not something I have experienced. I got the disorderly conduction coil because it seemed like a good idea for this use. Honestly felt jealous of you when I saw you got an auber coil because I like the way auber coils cords feel a whole lot more than disorderly conduction coils. Anyways my coil doesn’t glow at all. I’m not sure if that’s a cause of difference between our set ups? Hopefully not but just wanted to address it.

I have my elev8r Almost full of balls. 3mm balls all the way down and then up until the coil stops. So almost to the top of the vape. I could try taking some out but honestly I think it’s fine how it is. My temps have gotten a bit high which is normal for me with any vape. I run the elev8r at 620-650F on my auber rdk200. No tuning or anything just stock PID. At 650F it starts to get dark and small loads go in one hit, larger in 2.

The elv8r does not do one hit extractions as good as the SV3 or FP for me, so it’s not quite as strong but I think 2 hits from the elev8r for one bowl basically equals the effect I get from one hit one bowl in my FP or SV.

I’m gonna bust this out today for some sampling of different flavors. This one tastes a bit better and is much smoother for me than my other heavies. Compared to the supreme I like it for convection hits more. I never got into convection bowls with the SV3. Thinking of getting a lotus bowl and tube adapter to try that tho. The elv8r is great for a small or large bowl, and smooth hits good flavor. I bet turning the temp down and taking more hits would be greatly enjoyable flavor wise. I like to push all of my vapes as close as I can to one hit extraction but maybe that is a job for other devices.

Anyways hope this helps a bit. If you have any specific questions about my set up let me know.

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
@oogendoogan

You are running around 180F hotter than I am, that could be the major contributing factor!
I will also add a few more balls as I think this will help as well. Same as you, till the top coil.
I will contact @VGoodiez about getting a DC coil for this and improving the experience!

For now it is a pretty awesome low temp vape!

We vape in pretty much the same manner.
I like one hit extractions, at most 2 hits and done. I do not take my AVB very dark though as it makes me cough a lot.
When I get the Elev8r working like this, it will be amazinger!!!

Top Bottom