• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poostuff

Please delete
Okay @Razshiro I like that you are promoting it but this thing needs a good 40 seconds with a blowtorch to work but that’s not my only con.
I’ve been using it for some time now & I’m not a big fan, it’s probably great for someone who loves to fiddle with their vapes but not so much for someone who likes to heat & hit quickly without thinking.
There’s no way to stir between draws so I either need to load enough just for one hit or wait a few minutes until everything has cooled down before removing the heater & stirring. The problem with that is by the time everything has cooled down enough for you to do this safely the load has cooked completely.

In a safe area & using the included tweezers you could probably take the heater off stir, but it’s not something I’d be comfortable doing.
Shaking to stir doesn’t work because the herb is stuck together once it’s heated.

The torch I need to use is so big that it’s loud & intimidating for anyone who might be in the room. It’s not something I can use comfortably in the lounge room or watching TV.

It’s definitely not as discreet as my other fame powered vapes & has the longest heating time of any of them.

The Elev8r has the hottest vapor of any of the vaporizers I’ve used, it’s not something I can use comfortably with the wand, I’d recommend using the water adapter only.

On saying all that it can give some nice hits from time to time if you’re willing to put in the effort.

Poostuff,
Reactions: Tweakz

LabPong

Okay @Razshiro I like that you are promoting it but this thing needs a good 40 seconds with a blowtorch to work but that’s not my only con.
I’ve been using it for some time now & I’m not a big fan, it’s probably great for someone who loves to fiddle with their vapes but not so much for someone who likes to heat & hit quickly without thinking.
There’s no way to stir between draws so I either need to load enough just for one hit or wait a few minutes until everything has cooled down before removing the heater & stirring. The problem with that is by the time everything has cooled down enough for you to do this safely the load has cooked completely.

In a safe area & using the included tweezers you could probably take the heater off stir, but it’s not something I’d be comfortable doing.
Shaking to stir doesn’t work because the herb is stuck together once it’s heated.

The torch I need to use is so big that it’s loud & intimidating for anyone who might be in the room. It’s not something I can use comfortably in the lounge room or watching TV.

It’s definitely not as discreet as my other fame powered vapes & has the longest heating time of any of them.

The Elev8r has the hottest vapor of any of the vaporizers I’ve used, it’s not something I can use comfortably with the wand, I’d recommend using the water adapter only.

On saying all that it can give some nice hits from time to time if you’re willing to put in the effort.

No offense...but you have not really figured it out yet, as I can tell from your usage so far. But as you say...the vape is too much as far as the technique, equipment setup, and how you use it for your liking. Nothing at all wrong with that.....you just need a vape that is not so high maintenance so to speak.

I would suggest a TinyMight for sure to you, or a G43 sled if you can ever find one. That is if you want the top tier vapor quality.

Poostuff

Please delete
No offense...but you have not really figured it out yet, as I can tell from your usage so far. But as you say...the vape is too much as far as the technique, equipment setup, and how you use it for your liking. Nothing at all wrong with that.....you just need a vape that is not so high maintenance so to speak.

I would suggest a TinyMight for sure to you, or a G43 sled if you can ever find one. That is if you want the top tier vapor quality.

No offence but when someone starts a post with “no offence” it reads like they’re an asshole who is trying to be polite on a forum.
I’ve read your stuff & you don’t seem like an asshole so “no offence” taken.

I get your point but no one would be trying to power the Elev8r (fuck I wish I could do that R backwards) with a coil or filling it with glass beads if it functioned just fine off the shelf.

And you know what, fuck the Tinymight I won’t even go there unless someone wants to swap one for the shitty Apollo I bought from that guy. (Wait does that sound nasty? I hope I don’t lose points here, it’s already cost me enough :lol:

Poostuff,

Terpenetime

@Terpenetime Hey where did you buy your 220V 15.8mm coil? I'm looking for one who can fit the Auber RDK300A than i can buy here in europe. Thank you :)

I purchased my RDK300 and 15.8mm coil secondhand so I can’t help you... sorry!

I get your point but no one would be trying to power the Elev8r (fuck I wish I could do that R backwards) with a coil or filling it with glass beads if it functioned just fine off the shelf.

I used my Elev8r with a torch for 12 months without any issues at all, which I’m sure others have judging by the many positive reviews and comments in this thread.

On saying all that it can give some nice hits from time to time if you’re willing to put in the effort

If your only able to get ‘nice hits from time to time’, I would have to agree that this may not be the vape for you :peace:

If you don’t like the Tinymight might I suggest the Tetra P80... the next drop is at 9pm CET tonight!

Last edited:
Terpenetime,
Reactions: Razshiro

someTooL

Been using for about two weeks now. Super happy with my results using only a propane torch. Due to restraints, only a few packs of flower but I’ve been wearing out the stone with concentrates.

The effects have been top shelf! So much so that next week my coil setup arrives.

LabPong

No offence but when someone starts a post with “no offence” it reads like they’re an asshole who is trying to be polite on a forum.
I’ve read your stuff & you don’t seem like an asshole so “no offence” taken.

And you know what, fuck the Tinymight I won’t even go there unless someone wants to swap one for the shitty Apollo I bought from that guy. (Wait does that sound nasty? I hope I don’t lose points here, it’s already cost me enough :lol:

lol thanks for thinking im not an AH....lol

I disagree with your point on no one would......xxx. To me...it is just that the vape is so simple and also has different ways to use that are not shown from the manufacture because users figured it out. And most do it to mimic others and to try something cool and different. I only change or do things for the performance benefit if it is possible. But to me...I like torching the Elev8r or coiling it. I think it is nice you can use the vape different ways and be satisfied with a few if your like me....which is pretty picky about what I use and how I use it. But everyone is different of what they like and how they vape....it's all good...just got to find what works best for you and your use type.

To me the Elev8r is like the G43, TM, Lotus, and a couple others....I do not use in stock form/methods cuz I go through water. But also....I feel for you on the apollo thing....id be pissed at that too! I will only say...the TM is not the apollo at all...tons better....for others reading this.

But anyway...what other vapes have you tired on the top end Poo?

DonMarteng

Hello elevated people!
Although this vape needs a lot of attention and technique compared to most others,
its easily one of the best once used correctly. Ive never modded mine and use the big Blazer with a Quartz head. Takes me 18-23 seconds to heat up and its perfect everytime. I think its way better than the TM in terms of vapor quality and consistency, but neither one is a bad vape at all.
To me the most similar vape experience to the elev8r is the Herborizer for sure.
Same powerhouse, just different heating and easier to handle.
Both go through little bubblers for best experience, coarse grind, high temps and boooooom....

someTooL

RDK 300 up to 730 degrees before I got vapor. Good and plentiful.

Coil slides loosely on and off heater. Just a little here and there would snug it up. Am I running too hot at 730 for flower? If I snug the coil to the heater will that lower my needed temp?

This is going to be fun :science:

someTooL,

LabPong

RDK 300 up to 730 degrees before I got vapor. Good and plentiful.

Coil slides loosely on and off heater. Just a little here and there would snug it up. Am I running too hot at 730 for flower? If I snug the coil to the heater will that lower my needed temp?

This is going to be fun :science:

Yes you should be able to get the temps much lower...I can run at 600F. Try to tighten it to the glass just by moving/bending one or more of the wraps closer by spiral bending or just my moving the loop of coil offset to the one below or above it.

So looking straight down the coil....some of the coils are not aligned exactly over each other. This is fine as it allows contact to the heater at a few points. It is hard to do this by spiral tightening the coil. This can be done easily though on the ends of the coil wrap....ie bottom and top ends of the loop.

Getting the coil to fit this last part of getting closer to the heater as it sets on it...is the slow tweaking part....do it a little here...a little there.....as you use it. Bend/manipulate it after you turn it off and it is about 100F or so.

When you get the coil shaped well to work good on the glass heater piece....you can get it to slide over the heater and then stay on it by turning the coil about 45+ degrees around the heater which can lock it on when it heats up....or grabs it enough so you can leave the coil on the glass heater and pull it off to stir. When you pull it off...use a solid 18mm stand to set it in...or something super safe!

1. A 14-18mm adapter is required for an 18mm rig
2. The glass doesn’t break with the latest heaters so far as I’m aware
3. Stainless steel is generally preferred
4. PID, very few people use the wand
5. Very similar

Can I ask about #3? What are the pros for SS over glass? I was thinking of buying the all-glass version, but not sure anymore. Also, is the glass screen fixed/removable? Can I change it to a SS if I don't like it?

thanks!! (:

coldforever,

AcidFlashbang

Can I ask about #3? What are the pros for SS over glass? I was thinking of buying the all-glass version, but not sure anymore. Also, is the glass screen fixed/removable? Can I change it to a SS if I don't like it?

thanks!! (:
The glass screen is fixed and has much larger holes. Imo they should've used a fritted disk for the screen in the glass version.

The glass screen is fixed and has much larger holes. Imo they should've used a fritted disk for the screen in the glass version.

ugh. I have an enano with a fixed glass screen and I kinda hate that I can't adjust the bowl size.

Anyone with a glass screen that want to chime in?

coldforever,

someTooL

Kinda of a new user here but I have found something I like about the glass screen. I use it for the stone and concentrates. No gooey screen and the glass is much easier to clean. For flower I have 99% used the stem with a ss screen. But the times I’ve used the glass with flower I’ve not had any problems. Could always put a ss screen on the glass if you have too fine of a grind I guess.

someTooL,

Terpenetime

What are the pros for SS over glass?

I have an SS one myself so I’m not able to provide a comparison between that and the glass version. Theoretically glass might provide better flavour but I believe that plant matter may get sucked through, which is never a good thing. In reality the SS version serves up better flavour than many vapes and any marginal improvement offered by the glass version may not be that noticeable.

Hopefully someone that has both and can offer a direct comparison will chime in at some point

Terpenetime,

Poostuff

Please delete
[QUOTE="LabPong,post:1472631,member:34243] But everyone is different of what they like and how they vape....it's all good...just got to find what works best for you and your use type.
But anyway...what other vapes have you tried on the top end Poo?[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, it’s all good & you do need to find the one that works for you.
There are a few I haven’t tried including the Ditanium, Herborizer, Herbalizer, Supreme, Turbo, Tetra the Aromed or the WoodScents.

I prefer to use the Sublimator over most I buy but really enjoyed using the Volcano Hybrid until I had issues.
I’m always looking to get a similar experience to the Sub with another vape & a different vape signature.

I’m not adverse to getting a coil for the Eleva8r, I think for me it’s probably the best way to go & how I’ll get the most out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poostuff,

Hippie

Yay :rockon:

After only 4 months since ordering, being messed around by ebay sellers, sent a controller with the wrong coil, being promised a 16mm coil, waiting, lots more lies and messing about, signing up to Dhgate, ordering 2 more coils, more waiting, a package being sent back to China by the UK borderforce for an incomplete address, then getting a mysterious customs bill for £4 tax and an £8 admin fee and another 2 day wait ..... I finally have an Elev8R and 16mm coil setup :nod:

Not filled it up or spent much time fitting the coil yet but I'm getting super tasty hits and perfectly even avb at about 700F on my first run :love::clap:

Hippie,
Reactions: Cheebsy

stinkytofus

Tried it out for the first time yesterday
Heated 40 seconds, turning, directing at the holes, i go from bottom of the quartz heater to top and rotate, .10g, hits tastes like my hulu v2 stem, delicious, buds tastes so good with glass, similar to my newvape and milaana 2 vapor production, my draw speed was fast, does it work better with slower draw speed?

Today will try on glass

This vape needing 40-45 seconds to heat up is a a pro and a con, 45 secs is considered fast vs a pid controller/cloud evo, but is slow compared to my other vapes like milaana/dynavap, better torch or enail setup would make you enjoy this vape a lot more, 40 secs heat up time is not too bad tbh, this is a bigger, badder version of the dynavap with a huge bowl, fun to use, definitely worth picking one up

Turn on music if you torching and dont want people to hear lmao

Last edited:
stinkytofus,
Reactions: GoldenBud

johnnyCanuck

Instead of heating the tip for 40 seconds before taking a draw, I've found good results just hitting it almost like you'd hit a stick brick while on a bubbler without water. While drawing, I fan the flame up and down from the top of the heater to the bottom nipple. But only the surface of the heater where the air intake hole is. Once I can see vapour forming I make sure the flame doesn't pass the intake hole anymore and kill or apply the flame to the tip as necessary.

GoldenBud

Instead of heating the tip for 40 seconds before taking a draw, I've found good results just hitting it almost like you'd hit a stick brick while on a bubbler without water. While drawing, I fan the flame up and down from the top of the heater to the bottom nipple. But only the surface of the heater where the air intake hole is. Once I can see vapour forming I make sure the flame doesn't pass the intake hole anymore and kill or apply the flame to the tip as necessary.

Most people who own ELEV8R don't wanna inhale any CO2 which comes from the butane combustion

GoldenBud,

johnnyCanuck

Fair enough, but scientifically speaking, there's little to no CO2 emitting from butane combustion if air intake is on full.

johnnyCanuck,
Top Bottom