Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

Health stone for concentrates... I'm wondering how do yall do the initial cleaning before first use?

Let it soak in ISO for 5 -10 mins....then rinse well in hot water......then hit it with hairdryer. My usual process for new ones.

For healthstones that have been used and need cleaning.....let soak for 2-3 days and in that time, replace the ISO maybe 3 times or so as needed.....then do the hot rinse and dryer on them.

Is the healthstone supposed to go all the way down to where the screen is?

It will stop before it gets to the screen. I take the screen out unless I put a little flower on it with the stone resting a few mm's above it. Otherwise...if your doing just the stone with concentrate on it...take the screen out....it will just get all gunked up anyway.

Chandler

Let it soak in ISO for 5 -10 mins....then rinse well in hot water......then hit it with hairdryer. My usual process for new ones.

For healthstones that have been used and need cleaning.....let soak for 2-3 days and in that time, replace the ISO maybe 3 times or so as needed.....then do the hot rinse and dryer on

It will stop before it gets to the screen. I take the screen out unless I put a little flower on it with the stone resting a few mm's above it. Otherwise...if your doing just the stone with concentrate on it...take the screen out....it will just get all gunked up anyway.

Thank you! The type of instruction I needed!

Chandler,
Reactions: LabPong

Choices

Got my kit today. Wow this thing is so much smaller than I visualized it to be. I’m going to try it out on my Sneaky Pete Mini Globe, the one that is basically a MFLB Orbiter but with a flat bottom. Hopefully all goes well!

BestBuds

The Dude
This vs g43 who wins
G43. Unless you have your Elev8r on a coil. Then its even.

I’m going to try it out on my Sneaky Pete Mini Globe,
I just got a mini globe for 4/20 and it's my new favorite way to use the Elev43r. (A Elev8r stuffed with glass balls and on a pid + coil. :haw:)
What do you use for a mouthpiece? I got the trumpet style one but I think I would prefer a straight shot. :hmm:

Choices

@BestBuds I’m getting ready to give it a go here. I am what you might call “nasally well endowed” and I have a bit of concern getting my nose so close to the heater. But we’ll see. I report back after everyone else in the house goes to their respective electronic screens and I have some time to myself. Here goes nuthin’!

LabPong

This vs g43 who wins

Depends on who's driving it!

@BestBuds I’m getting ready to give it a go here. I am what you might call “nasally well endowed” and I have a bit of concern getting my nose so close to the heater. But we’ll see. I report back after everyone else in the house goes to their respective electronic screens and I have some time to myself. Here goes nuthin’!

I highly recommend getting the drop down Pete sells for it...(actually a side-to) It is a must for heat exposed vapes like the Elev8r especially. And there will be other benefits as well with it. Keeps your water and main rig cleaner longer, adds some volume and pressure to your rig while helping a bit with back pressure too.

Last edited:

Chandler

Coil finally arrived. Did my thing n separated the coils. It's still very loose, but I'm not sure how far I should continue to dialate them. Tried a test run. Pid set at 600. At about 300 the middle of the coil started to glow red much like some ones pic a few pages back, but the glow reduced alot by the time it reached 520... Now, it tripped the breaker in my room. Reset. Retry. Tripped the breaker again n f'ed up my wifi. Went from an extension at first to an outlet. Same result. I don't vape anywhere else in the house so I'm not sure what to try next besides another outlet... Strange. My Vrod has never tripped the breaker. Why would this coil?
I highly recommend getting the drop down Pete sells for it...(actually a side-to) It is a must for heat exposed vapes like the Elev8r especially. And there will be other benefits as well with it.
Agreed. Here's a shot of his dropdown and my coil. Should I separate the coils further to get a tighter fit?

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I'm going to try re-order the elev8r rigkit just through 3rd shipping company instead of USPS.... is it worth it to buy the All Glass Adapter +10$? I basically will use the elev8r rig-kit as a wand option TOO, I've got some wand for it with a clip....

GoldenBud,

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Now, it tripped the breaker in my room. Reset. Retry. Tripped the breaker again n f'ed up my wifi. Went from an extension at first to an outlet. Same result. I don't vape anywhere else in the house so I'm not sure what to try next besides another outlet... Strange. My Vrod has never tripped the breaker. Why would this coil?

Have you double checked that your coil is 110v and not 220v?
It should be printed on the metal 'handle' part.

canj00digit?,

LabPong

Here's a shot of his dropdown and my coil. Should I separate the coils further to get a tighter fit?

No that is good enough on seperation of the coil wraps. But it looks like the coil is a 20mm because there seems to be a good amount of space between it and the glass heater. Is that a 15.8mm from auber? But could be just that angle in the pic maybe......

The glowing red is normal as it temporarily ramps up heat....just like the calrod elements in your oven when baking things...no worry.

Not sure about the breaking issue your having....it should not do that as the PID does not draw that much amp flow. As canjoo said...check the voltage type of the coil.

I'm going to try re-order the elev8r rigkit just through 3rd shipping company instead of USPS.... is it worth it to buy the All Glass Adapter +10$? I basically will use the elev8r rig-kit as a wand option TOO, I've got some wand for it with a clip....

Not really worth it unless you also get the stock bowl...they are very different in use. I would stick to the regular one with the SS screen.

LabPong

I cut my own screens from 1 inch screens......the stock bowl uses a screen that is about 7/8's.

The all glass bowl is smaller and puts the heater closer to the load...that is another thing I did not like about it.

Chandler

Have you double checked that your coil is 110v and not 220v?
It should be printed on the metal 'handle' part.

Is that a 15.8mm from auber? But could be just that angle in the pic maybe......
Yes 15.8mm coil directly from Auber. 120v-100w

The glowing red is normal as it temporarily ramps up heat....just like the calrod elements in your oven when baking things...no worry.
that makes sense. N yes the coil is very loose to the heater. I'd have to pry apart further to have it catch onto the glass, n not so sure it would catch?

I'll give her another go later today

Choices

TLDR: So glad I got this...

I tried my setup that is basically the one you are planning to get. I had it hooked up to the Sneaky Pete Mini Globe with the whip. I used a butane cooking torch and left it on for about thirty seconds. I cut the torch and took a fairly relaxed inhale. I haven’t ever pulled on a vape through water so I was massively tricked by the lack of heat. I exhaled a fairly good sized but somewhat thin cloud and was frankly a bit disappointed after all my mental buildup. I got ready to go again and heated it a second time for about thirty seconds again. This time I still didn’t fill much heat but my goodness I overpulled so far past my “I’m Good” point. I was coughing and thought for sure I must have combusted with all the “smoke” (vapor). I set things aside and went and relaxed as my face melted. When I opened to check this AM, it was a dark even brown. I’m sold!

Now I need a wand pipelike setup for it. Maybe a two legged at the bowl end pipe with a way to store the rig in it after usage. Sort of a wooden wand?

Choices,

Terpenetime

It’s about time I updated the thread with my progress since my posts on pages 76 & 77. To recap, I have an Auber RDK300A and a 220V 15.8mm coil for use over here in the UK. On initial setup I was having some difficulty getting the actual temperature to reach the target I had set but with some assistance from Auberins I’ve been testing a number of different ‘P’ and ‘I’ values. I can now get the temperature to reach circa 95% of the target, which is fine as it gets there quickly and remains stable.

The results are absolutely fantastic with the enail setup consistently and repeatably providing the pure taste, massive clouds and full extraction that the Elev8r is known for. Sure, the torch is fun for a while and possibly great for a change but this is definitely a better way to run an Elev8r over the long term in my opinion.

Out of interest, I’m only having to run the actual temperature between circa 460F and 500F, depending on whether I’m aiming for flavour or clouds, which is substantially lower than some others are using. My coil is spread by around 2mm and it’s fitted low down on the heater, below the intake hole. It’s also a very close fit all round.

:leaf:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Out of interest, I’m only having to run the actual temperature between circa 460F and 500F, depending on whether I’m aiming for flavour or clouds, which is substantially lower than some others are using.

I think you broke your thermocouple when stretching the coil. If 460 is the coil temp, that's going to be the hottest part of the whole setup, which means the heater itself is gonna be like 400 degrees. A pure convection vape at 400F will maybe heat the air to maybe 250-300 degrees which is a long ways away from a full extraction, or probably any vapor at all.

invertedisdead,

Terpenetime

I think you broke your thermocouple when stretching the coil. If 460 is the coil temp, that's going to be the hottest part of the whole setup, which means the heater itself is gonna be like 400 degrees. A pure convection vape at 400F will maybe heat the air to maybe 250-300 degrees which is a long ways away from a full extraction, or probably any vapor at all.

I have informed Auberins that the coil has been stretched to accommodate the elev8r heater as I thought that a broken thermocouple could potentially be the problem. They’ve not mentioned it at all so I’ll ask them specifically and see what they say.

Terpenetime,

Razshiro

@Terpenetime Hey where did you buy your 220V 15.8mm coil? I'm looking for one who can fit the Auber RDK300A than i can buy here in europe.
Thank you :)

Razshiro,

Poostuff

Please delete
It’s no wonder people have moved to using coils for this vape, this thing is so unreliable heating with a torch.
I get bigger hits from my Lotus with much less effort.

Poostuff,

Razshiro

I have good result with my Blazer torch, the Elev8r need a bigger torch than all Butane vape... 45-50sec heating = same result

I have the lotus too and it's not the same^^, the taste is awesome too on the lotus but i prefer the Elev8R effect:2c:!!

Razshiro,
Reactions: Tweakz
Top Bottom