Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nonamekevin

Just curious, how long did you wait before hit #2 and how was it? I don't have a PID setup, but when torching, I usually get a weaker hit on the first one. The second is always a monster though.

BTW, love the rig you posted a pic of...very cool looking.
Thanks homie, this rig was used daily with my Runt, but now it's daily with the elev8r! Can't wait to get a 14in either straight tube or beaker, cause this thing is screaming to be put on a tall glass piece.

I don't have any time in between hits. On a fresh bowl that has been heat soaked, I draw fast, and as long as I can, small fresh air inhale before exhaling. My first hit is usually the biggest. After, I either stir and hit, or I hit it again, either way I go right away. This vape pumps it out. :science:

Try getting the coil to fit tighter around the heater piece.....or maybe squeeze the coils back together just a bit. I think the coil needs to be closer and have more contact points on the heater. That is why you have to crank the heat up so much in comparison.

Bro, I'm surprised it fits in there at all right now. You are for sure right, it needs to be tighter to the tube. I had an okay time spreading the coil apart with a flat tip, but tightening the coil wasnt really a success. I bent the end of the coil just enough that I wedged the heater in. If you have any tips that make tightening and loosening the coils easy, I would be appreciative! :rockon::leaf:

LabPong

Bro, I'm surprised it fits in there at all right now. You are for sure right, it needs to be tighter to the tube. I had an okay time spreading the coil apart with a flat tip, but tightening the coil wasnt really a success. I bent the end of the coil just enough that I wedged the heater in. If you have any tips that make tightening and loosening the coils easy, I would be appreciative! :rockon::leaf:

One thing to keep in mind as well....the quartz heaters are slightly smaller than the boro ones I have got. Usually it is just the quartz ones are shorter, but I think the boro ones are not as perfectly cylindrical in comparison to the quartz ones I have. IE not all heaters are the same exact size or shape.

I use a 15.8mm coil...so if you have a 16mm one....I would probably try tightening up the height of your coil now instead of trying to bend it tighter diagonally. Spiral twisting/bending could be harsh on the coil and may cause damage much easier than vertical spreading.

By squeezing it back closer with each coil wrap to the next...you will create a bigger hot spot on the heater. I think that might be your best bet right now. So try gently squeezing the coils back maybe halfway to touching from where they are now and see how that works for awhile.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Been reading through the thread and I'm very intrigued. This seems like one of those lesser known gems that a person is lucky enough to find.

I dont really have any questions. Big hits, tasty vapor, I'm in.

Yes it is a lesser known gem. But boy howdy. When I want to get my friends who combust into vaping I pull my Elev8r out and put it in a nice water piece to show them how hard vaping flower can hit them. Then I follow that up with a session on a Solo or Air to show them how easy vaping can be. And then watch them spend their money.

I dearly love my Elev8r-can't wait to be past this head cold so I can pull it out again.

LabPong

Yes it is a lesser known gem. But boy howdy. When I want to get my friends who combust into vaping I pull my Elev8r out and put it in a nice water piece to show them how hard vaping flower can hit them. Then I follow that up with a session on a Solo or Air to show them how easy vaping can be. And then watch them spend their money.

I dearly love my Elev8r-can't wait to be past this head cold so I can pull it out again.

Nice! Those people are lucky that get to try the Eleve8r as their first vape experience...not sure your friends were in that exact boat or not.....but yea.....I like it when someone tells me that they think vaping is weak because they tried a pax or something. One or 2 pulls of the Elev8r....they see stars. lol

And then as you have experience...you show them something like a vapcap or arizer...and they are not excited to get a dry herb vape for the first time. Then hopefully they commit and never combust again! :tup:

LabPong

Thanks for the reply. :)

I tried using the Elev8r, and I always ended up combusting. :puke:

Are there any tips or tricks to avoid overheating?

it's all about timing... start by heating it for 20 seconds and take a draw. that will probably be too short of time... so now try 30 seconds of torch time but starting from room temperature.then if that doesn't give you good enough vapor go to 40 seconds on your next heating attempt.

So what you're going to have to do is get your timing right by either using a countdown or count up timer as you heat it.... or you have to figure out a certain pace of heating... such as slowly turning the rig around as you heat it at a certain pace every time ...as you move the torch up and down across the heater.

Vital

it's all about timing... start by heating it for 20 seconds and take a draw. that will probably be too short of time... so now try 30 seconds of torch time but starting from room temperature.then if that doesn't give you good enough vapor go to 40 seconds on your next heating attempt.

So what you're going to have to do is get your timing right by either using a countdown or count up timer as you heat it.... or you have to figure out a certain pace of heating... such as slowly turning the rig around as you heat it at a certain pace every time ...as you move the torch up and down across the heater.

Thank you... :bowdown:

Vital,

Tweakz

@Tweakz or @LabPong, either of you throw whole nugs into the elev8r, you know, for science? :science:

I have two sets. standard and all glass. the sticks of both are slightly different. Now I also use an all glass set with a screen inside. grinding is mainly fine. It happens if I heat it properly for 2-3 hitters, I completely evaporate the contents. I usually fall asleep 0.3-0.4 maximum.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I tried using the Elev8r, and I always ended up combusting. :puke:

Are there any tips or tricks to avoid overheating?

still follow the heating technique. if the diameter of your torch is large. try to warm in the middle of the heater, spinning in a circle 360 degrees for 20 to 45 seconds. or before it starts to blush violently. wait a few seconds after heating if the heater is very red. and do not try not to touch the air inlet when heating.
there is another heating technique, try heating the back (where there is no hole for air inlet) of the heater from the top down, focusing on the protrusions. in general, as soon as I did not try to heat. so that everyone will find the perfect

Last edited:

yogurtsauce

To those that have all glass/ss screen, what’re the pros and cons? I’m assuming the all glass one has a more even abv from the glass absorbing heat.

Any other pros and cons? Does herb get thru the all glass? If so I think I’ll just go for the SS.

bought the all glass

Last edited:
yogurtsauce,

LabPong

To those that have all glass/ss screen, what’re the pros and cons? I’m assuming the all glass one has a more even abv from the glass absorbing heat.

Any other pros and cons? Does herb get thru the all glass? If so I think I’ll just go for the SS.

bought the all glass

The all glass bowls are smaller and still let particles through...so whole buds would be the go there.

Big con's to the regular Elev8r bowl...... bigger loads (glass bowl is 1/2 the load size), stays cleaner longer, quick simple stirring....and easy to replace screens on the fly.

LabPong,

yogurtsauce

The all glass bowls are smaller and still let particles through...so whole buds would be the go there.

Big con's to the regular Elev8r bowl...... bigger loads (glass bowl is 1/2 the load size), stays cleaner longer, quick simple stirring....and easy to replace screens on the fly.

shoot, I wish I knew that the bowl size was smaller. I’m just gonna buy the TAG adaptor that I saw in here because it’s only $7. If that doesn’t work then I guess I’ll just buy the oem one

yogurtsauce,
Reactions: BigJr48

LabPong

shoot, I wish I knew that the bowl size was smaller. I’m just gonna buy the TAG adaptor that I saw in here because it’s only $7. If that doesn’t work then I guess I’ll just buy the oem one

The OEM one is the best around for this application....as well as my G-43 and you can use a Flowerpot showerhead on it too. The stock bowl is deeper and holds in the screen really well compared to using some of the adapter pieces for a bowl. I like it also because it allows for a slower even extraction for flavor chasing. But if you go way back in this thread you can find my pics that show which adapter types... and you'll get the idea of which ones you should try. Basically how a screen would lay in them..you need a flat lip somewhere....and not too much like those dhgate ones you see a lot with a huge lip.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
The fire breathing duo that powers my ELEV8Rs.
MAPP gas on the right with Mr Torch nozzle and base. (FAST heating lol)
Blazer Big Buddy on the left.

My 16mm coil came in but was the wrong damn pinout... ugh... DHgate for ya ;)

My Sublimator also runs daily but doesn't get near the use it once did with the ELEV8Rs around... which irritates my wife a bit because she loves sublimate for pain killing.

torches.jpg

yogurtsauce

The fire breathing duo that powers my ELEV8Rs.
MAPP gas on the right with Mr Torch nozzle and base. (FAST heating lol)
Blazer Big Buddy on the left.

My 16mm coil came in but was the wrong damn pinout... ugh... DHgate for ya ;)

My Sublimator also runs daily but doesn't get near the use it once did with the ELEV8Rs around... which irritates my wife a bit because she loves sublimate for pain killing.

torches.jpg
I have the traditional nozzle for my propane torch. Is there a good benefit of exchanging it? Mine is the twist for more gas.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I have the traditional nozzle for my propane torch. Is there a good benefit of exchanging it? Mine is the twist for more gas.

I also have the traditional type propane nozzle and no there is no real benefit other than the self-ignition (my older one didn't have one, I had to use a lighter). The flame is a little tighter but not enough to make much difference IMHO.
This nozzle also turns at the top to control gas flow.

As for propane vs MAPP... I'd guess and say propane takes me 15sec to heat up and the MAPP more like 10sec... again not a huge difference at all. Butane takes about 3x as long as the MAPP and uses much more gas.

Probably the best upgrade if you already have a propane torch is the Mr Torch base which is only like $15 on Amazon.

Most here would know this but I feel the need to point out no one should be using MAPP or propane on their boro heaters. I don't want to steer someone into destroying their gear. ;)

But the quartz heaters take all the abuse you can throw at them (thermally speaking).
I heat mine to glow and let it cool down to my approx desired temp. I find this the best way for me to hit my sweet spot every time.

Vital

I also have the traditional type propane nozzle and no there is no real benefit other than the self-ignition (my older one didn't have one, I had to use a lighter). The flame is a little tighter but not enough to make much difference IMHO.
This nozzle also turns at the top to control gas flow.

As for propane vs MAPP... I'd guess and say propane takes me 15sec to heat up and the MAPP more like 10sec... again not a huge difference at all. Butane takes about 3x as long as the MAPP and uses much more gas.

Probably the best upgrade if you already have a propane torch is the Mr Torch base which is only like $15 on Amazon.

Most here would know this but I feel the need to point out no one should be using MAPP or propane on their boro heaters. I don't want to steer someone into destroying their gear. ;)

But the quartz heaters take all the abuse you can throw at them (thermally speaking).
I heat mine to glow and let it cool down to my approx desired temp. I find this the best way for me to hit my sweet spot every time.

The pink Blazer torch in the picture has a purple sleeve over the nozzle. What "exactly" is it, and where did you get it? I'm guessing it's a silicon protection sleeve, but I'm probably wrong.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
The pink Blazer torch in the picture has a purple sleeve over the nozzle. What "exactly" is it, and where did you get it? I'm guessing it's a silicon protection sleeve, but I'm probably wrong.

No, you're exactly right.

I got them locally in Aus but they are available on Amazon.

'Blazer silicone nozzle guard'

canj00digit?,
Reactions: Vital

yogurtsauce

I definitely regret getting the all glass bowl. But I can just buy screens :tup:.

this thing hits

Update: I put a screen in and my immediate taste is “yucky.” Very clear metal taste. I wish I hadn’t tried it with glass first. To simulate this taste, put a metal utensil in your mouth and just hold it there and lick it. That’s exactly what it tastes like.

Last edited:

LabPong

I definitely regret getting the all glass bowl. But I can just buy screens :tup:.

this thing hits

Update: I put a screen in and my immediate taste is “yucky.” Very clear metal taste. I wish I hadn’t tried it with glass first. To simulate this taste, put a metal utensil in your mouth and just hold it there and lick it. That’s exactly what it tastes like.

Make sure you use SS screens....then soak them in ISO for a quick bit and then torch them!

I cure all my screens this way before I use.

Top Bottom