• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
It's on the torch for sure. I'm using a Leifheit creme brulé torch for the ELEV8R. Got this monster during my odyssee of dying jet flame lighters, what's been caused by bad butane in the end. Nevertheless, tried this thing once with the Vapman and the Runt and combusted both times at once. After the last unsuccessful try with the Runt it was stored away again, until the ELEV8R arrived.
And for the ELEV8R I won't recommend anything smaller.

Alex3oe,

Coustu

Ok I now have an elev8R on the way. Never had a legit torch, played around with dabbing with a dynavap lighter a bit and it worked good enough, given that dabbing on a traditional nail isn’t my consumption method of choice. But all the reviews made me want to give this a try so I ordered it and the recommended torch. It won’t likely be my daily driver but a nice addition to my “collection”. My question is... given the cult-like following that this vaporizer has, why there aren’t more custom mouthpiece stems available? The few that I see posted are beautiful, intricate and chunky but most of the ones being sold by Elev8 look more basic although nice colors. I also wonder how people store and transport these since they’re marketed as portables. I’d want some padded case if I’m gonna be taking this to a friends’. Would hate to destroy one in error. Do they sell one for it?

Coustu,

nonamekevin

The propane torch definitely made things more enjoyable yesterday. Was able to get some decent hits from both the wand and the wpa bowl.

So far, the vape signature has been the biggest surprise. The all glass pathway let's me sample different elements from the herb that I wasnt getting through the brick.

Also, this is a pretty wide open vape with very little draw restriction. Taking some getting used to to balance the heating with the draw speed.

Mrs. nonamekevin is not a fan of the large propane torch being used in the house...and I can't blame her. A big shot or other large dab torch would probably go over better, but I think this piece could really shine with an enail and 16mm coil. Starting to look for a cheap entry into the enail world, if anyone has suggestions.

Other than that, still playing with heat up times. I've been taking the herb to a light brown, and then finishing it off in the runt, because I know how hard to push it through the brick. My goal is to get dark brown abv within 2-3 hits. :rockon:

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Xclerk

Tweakz

The propane torch definitely made things more enjoyable yesterday. Was able to get some decent hits from both the wand and the wpa bowl.

So far, the vape signature has been the biggest surprise. The all glass pathway let's me sample different elements from the herb that I wasnt getting through the brick.

Also, this is a pretty wide open vape with very little draw restriction. Taking some getting used to to balance the heating with the draw speed.

Mrs. nonamekevin is not a fan of the large propane torch being used in the house...and I can't blame her. A big shot or other large dab torch would probably go over better, but I think this piece could really shine with an enail and 16mm coil. Starting to look for a cheap entry into the enail world, if anyone has suggestions.

Other than that, still playing with heat up times. I've been taking the herb to a light brown, and then finishing it off in the runt, because I know how hard to push it through the brick. My goal is to get dark brown abv within 2-3 hits. :rockon:

Considering that I also have sbl (og), and based on your feedback, I can say that you have not reached the correct heating technique. my elev8r makes abv darkly dark brown in 3-4 strong and incredible hits (except the first). I already shot a video. and frankly, if you heat it properly, then the blow will be stronger than in runt.

nonamekevin

Considering that I also have sbl (og), and based on your feedback, I can say that you have not reached the correct heating technique. my elev8r makes abv darkly dark brown in 3-4 strong and incredible hits (except the first). I already shot a video. and frankly, if you heat it properly, then the blow will be stronger than in runt.
You're right friend, I've only had the elev8r for a day, so I'm not even close to experienced with it yet. I've watched your video a couple times, think I need to go back and watch a few more times though. :rockon:

Edit: just tried going back to page 60 to re-watch your videos, @Tweakz, but it looks like you took them down. I'll have to go by memory. :hmm:

nonamekevin,

Tweakz

You're right friend, I've only had the elev8r for a day, so I'm not even close to experienced with it yet. I've watched your video a couple times, think I need to go back and watch a few more times though. :rockon:

Edit: just tried going back to page 60 to re-watch your videos, @Tweakz, but it looks like you took them down. I'll have to go by memory. :hmm:

Yes, for safety reasons, since I am from a country where smoking herbs is illegal. (But I can record another video specifically for you. And I have two types of torches (large and medium, and both are ideal, because the technique is different heating)

nonamekevin

Okay, so I just busted out the elev8r on the wpa bowl. First heat up of the day on the bowl so the glass was room temp (65F). The bowl was still greenish-yellow from yesterday also, so I gave it a quick stir. Left the propane torch turned up a hair from yesterday's, session.

I heated primarily the center of the heater, as the propane torch flame is fairly wide and covers most of the heater. I turned really slowly, for a solid 30sec or so. I'm guessing cause it wasn't timed. Torch off, bowl placed directly into the glass rig with very little pause between heating and draw.

I pulled steadily and had to stop halfway through as I thought I combusted. On the exhale...it didn't taste like I combusted....so what was that? Looked at the rig, and it was milked up heavily. Took the bowl off, cleared the rig and exhaled....still didn't taste like I scorched it??? The density was up their with one of the most dense hits I've had lately.

Patiently waited for the heater to cool off so I could inspect the bowl. Pulled the heater off with my sweatshirt.....no char. Dark brown, yes, but a little stir revealed that I can probably take another small hit, if I want to push it. I'm gonna dump this bowl and reload with some fresh grind.

I have to master this piece. Really think it will shine with a enail and set temp, but that one torch hit gave me an idea of this vapes capability. :smug:

tokenknifeguy

I use a MAPP gas torch (yellow bottle) and can get results in like 15 or so seconds.

Also like yesterday I saw a post on reddit about some dude making a homemade sticky brick type vape with just a j hook and some glass piece. Well I did that but with my elev8r and it works great. Just basically fill the weed up as normal in the elev8r, then I put a 14mm weed bowl that came with my bubbler (those default glass bowls that come with them and bongs for weed smoking) and inverted so that it sat properly on the elev8r. Put the butane torch flame over the hole and adjusted until I found the sweet spot. I just measured it and the tip of the inner flame should be about 2 1/2 inches to 2 3/4 inches above the weed once in the elev8r.

I had to play around with several other glass pieces until I found the right combo but with a stronger or weaker butane flame, the distance should change.

Wish the elev8r's would come up with something like this. It totally gets me ripped and can take big clouds with great taste. Also faster than heating the quartz heater. I would totally recommend, but fair warning I have combusted a lot trying to get it down and still do. And it ain't even been 2 days yet, but damn that thing works!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I recently watched Sneaky Pete's review of this vape as well as some others. This looks like a killer vape. Seems like the buffer between combustion and vapor is wider than with a vapcap. I can't afford another vape right now, but this one is on my short list.

I'd like to see them offer a cheaper package where you can choose either the stem or the gong with the vape.

nonamekevin

Also like yesterday I saw a post on reddit about some dude making a homemade sticky brick type vape with just a j hook and some glass piece. Well I did that but with my elev8r and it works great. Just basically fill the weed up as normal in the elev8r, then I put a 14mm weed bowl that came with my bubbler (those default glass bowls that come with them and bongs for weed smoking) and inverted so that it sat properly on the elev8r.

Could you throw up a pic?

I'd like to see them offer a cheaper package where you can choose either the stem or the gong with the vape.
I hear ya. When I was looking this vape up, I couldn't decide if I should buy the complete kit, or piece it together. I wound up going with the complete kit from SP because I figured out of two different methods, either dry or through water, I was bound to find one of them enjoyable. At the time (Dec 2019), I paid $98 shipped. For what you get (heater, 14/18 glass bowl, 18mm wand, 18mm male to 14mm female adaptor, a stir tool with glass head, a pack of extra screens and a pair of wide tweezers), I'm happy with the purchase. All the glass was well packaged, and the glass quality is high.

If you wanted to go cheap, you could purchase the heater and sik clip from 7th floor, and then any glass adaptor setup that incorporates an 18mm female bowl with a screen. It's pretty interesting to use glass as a heat source, and there are endless ways you could go with the concept.

Okay, 2nd hit of the day. Loaded a fresh bowl, heated for probably 20-30sec, again just guessing. Placed the piece in the rig, and waited a few seconds, maybe 8 seconds. I could feel the heat coming off the heater on my face is why I waited.

Anyway, I wasn't sipping on it, I feel like I was drawing pretty steady. Vapor produced fairly quickly, and didn't stop. It kept getting thicker and I had to start drawing fast because I thought combustion was coming. Fat rip for sure. Heat up after was a good 10-15sec, still got good vapor production. Checked the bowl after it cooled down and it was a good solid brown, with a little bit of lighter brown. I'll take it!

This is gonna be a fun one to get to know. Fresh bowl coming up. :rockon:

tokenknifeguy

0101200809.jpg

0101200808.jpg

Sic clip works for it too.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Tweakz

tokenknifeguy

What are you using the combustion bowl for? A heater? Or adapter for a mod vape
Its like the intake piece on a sticky brick for the single flame torch. My torch is kinda weak so I can put the inner flame at the same level of the top of the glass, maybe just a bit lower at times.

I tried other glass bowls I had to find the right length and that was the one that I found worked best for me. I'm sure there are better options but I'm still pretty amazed on how well it works. Now I'm interested in the sticky bricks but the flavor of the all glass is just top notch.

nonamekevin

Its like the intake piece on a sticky brick for the single flame torch. My torch is kinda weak so I can put the inner flame at the same level of the top of the glass, maybe just a bit lower at times.

I tried other glass bowls I had to find the right length and that was the one that I found worked best for me. I'm sure there are better options but I'm still pretty amazed on how well it works. Now I'm interested in the sticky bricks but the flavor of the all glass is just top notch.
Thanks for the pics and explanation homie, I get it now. I think everyone should have a sticky brick, so if you are considering one and have questions, I'll see if I can answer them.

It also seems like, if one wanted to experiment, that if the concentrate pad was placed in the bowl above some herb, you could use in a manner similar to a vapor genie, by heating the concentrate pad with a small flame torch. It seems like the pad will work the same way as the vapor genie filter to disperse the heat more evenly. Anyone else have thoughts on this approach?

Happy new year friends. :leaf::rockon:

WakeVape&Bake

i think i will grab one of those in the coming weeks. seems like a great vape from what i´ve read.

can it be heated by a larger creme brulee torch or does it have to be a propane torch?

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
My wife would throw out me and the propane torch. She hated jet flames and the Vapman from the beginning. Sitting on the couch enjoying Watchmen last weekend, I pulled out the ELEV8R for the first time when she was at home. Started heating with the brulé. She only looked at me asking "seriously?"

So the ELEV8R is banned to the office if wife's at home :D

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

My wife would throw out me an the propane torch. She hated jet flames and the Vapman from the beginning. Sitting on the couch enjoying Watchmen last weekend, I pulled out the ELEV8R for the first time when she was at home. Started heating with the brulé. She only looked at me asking "seriously?"

haha

i would seriously get in discussion when sitting with a propane torch in the living room so :lol:

i think the creme brulee torch should be fine with my girlfriend (hopefully)

nonamekevin

My wife would throw out me an the propane torch. She hated jet flames and the Vapman from the beginning. Sitting on the couch enjoying Watchmen last weekend, I pulled out the ELEV8R for the first time when she was at home. Started heating with the brulé. She only looked at me asking "seriously?"

I was told where I'm allowed to use the elev8r also... I've got to use the elev8r with propane torch near the screen door. Not too far from the couch/living room, but I'm already working on alternative solutions. :D

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I was told where I'm allowed to use the elev8r also... I've got to use the elev8r with propane torch near the screen door. Not too far from the couch/living room, but I'm already working on alternative solutions. :D

You have to! It's potentially dangerous to use the ELEV8R away from your couch or at least a chair, cause of the high risk of instantly collapsing after taking a killerhit.

Tweakz

Of course, a flame like "BigShot" or a flame more than "honest" is best for the elev8r to work most effectively.

a huge flame like a propane burner does not need at all.

the main thing is the heating technique. if the flame is not wide like a burner, then heating in 4 created recesses besides a screw hole for air will bring you happiness, efficiency and simplicity.

I'm fantastically happy every day elev8r hit harder than any of my vape (sbl, lotus)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It also seems like, if one wanted to experiment, that if the concentrate pad was placed in the bowl above some herb, you could use in a manner similar to a vapor genie, by heating the concentrate pad with a small flame torch. It seems like the pad will work the same way as the vapor genie filter to disperse the heat more evenly. Anyone else have thoughts on this approach?

Happy new year friends. :leaf::rockon:

Yeah that works pretty well - I made an impromptu convection vaporizer once out of a Mighty WPA and concentrate pad acting as the flame diffuser.

Top Bottom