• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Do you mean if the lighter you use with sticky brick is suitable for elev8r? if yes, then I think we need a little more torch
I think they were trying to compare the great source of hot mass of glass and a small torch lighter like sticky bricks uses? Maybe

Diggy Smalls,

nonamekevin

Do you mean if the lighter you use with sticky brick is suitable for elev8r? if yes, then I think we need a little more torch
Sorry, I didn't explain it correctly.

@LabPong said the elev8r, G43 and flowerpot are way stronger than a brick because of a large heating element. I'm saying that there is no heating element with a brick, in that the torch itself is the direct heat applied to the herb. The other three mentioned vapes, you are applying heat energy to a mass, that in turn heats the intake air.

Been watching more videos, and am very interested in the elev8r. @Tweakz, the video you put up, can you talk about how much herb you typically pack, heat up time, how many hits you'll get from a bowl, etc.

:rockon:

LabPong

But wouldn't you consider the torch used with a sticky brick as an infinitely sized heating mass?

The size of the load, size of the oven, size of the vapor path from heater ......are more the reason. But as I use the word size....I mean to say it is the volume of size..not shape or length only.

Plus your using a small torch normally with a SB if I am not mistaken.....sorry I have not used them yet. Basically...those type of vapes I listed......can extract a good amount pretty fast if you want.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
My Sublimator hasn't been turned on since I got the ELEV8R.
I wouldn't have believed it. It's the longest it's ever been off in the 5+yrs I've owned it.

Both my wife and I reaching for the LV8 every time now. She likes it so much I ordered a second one as both a back up and so she can have her own to use while she games across the room. :D

Plus we ordered her a pink Blazer Big Shot with cool black patterned nozzle guard and a black base which has a timer in it. We're using a timer to get it right almost every time.
30sec on the intial heat, 15sec on immediate reheat for BIG, high temp hits that are amazingly close to ripping a bong while still WAY more flavorful than my SS Apollo Sub.... like way, way more flavourful.

Fuck, been a while since I was this amped and all fanboi over a vape.. haha.

Tweakz

Been watching more videos, and am very interested in the elev8r. @Tweakz, the video you put up, can you talk about how much herb you typically pack, heat up time, how many hits you'll get from a bowl, etc.
bro I usually put about 0.35 in a bowl and make 4-5 incredible hits. the first blow is the most delicious and easy, the rest are incredibly dense and strong. I warm up the first blow ~ 40 seconds, the next ~ 20-25sec maximum. use it incredibly conveniently, efficiently, and wash easier than any device

Last edited by a moderator:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Holee shite people really are sleeping on this vape as I was, for quite a number of years.

My once beloved and worshipped Sub still hasn't be powered on since I got this bad boy.
I had plans to pre-order the new Sub Orion as soon as they opened that up but now I think I'll pass.

My butane use has skyrocketed but that's a small price to pay... actually it was $115au I just paid for a case of 24 Ventti butane cans to keep the two Blazers in this house blazing.

I am going to pick up a 16mm coil and give that a go as well.
For those that have, is the coil performance as good as the flame performance?

canj00digit?,
Reactions: Morty

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Holee shite people really are sleeping on this vape as I was, for quite a number of years.

My once beloved and worshipped Sub still hasn't be powered on since I got this bad boy.
I had plans to pre-order the new Sub Orion as soon as they opened that up but now I think I'll pass.

My butane use has skyrocketed but that's a small price to pay... actually it was $115au I just paid for a case of 24 Ventti butane cans to keep the two Blazers in this house blazing.

I am going to pick up a 16mm coil and give that a go as well.
For those that have, is the coil performance as good as the flame performance?

Yepperding. I use my Elev8r nearly every day and miss the days when I don't. It's fun, it works ridiculously well, and it's damn cheap. I 'only' bought the quartz heater, adapter and sick clip from Sneaky Pete's about 6 months ago for well under $100.

nonamekevin

@LabPong I must have missed your post earlier, what size coil are you using and what temp are you set at?

Besides not having to replace screens and an all glass pathway, what are people's preferences for the bowl adapter and wand as far as all glass vs metal screens? I've never had a glass "screen" before, so I'm not sure if there are special precautions to take, like during stirring and emptying.

Thanks all. :rockon:

LabPong

@LabPong I must have missed your post earlier, what size coil are you using and what temp are you set at?

Besides not having to replace screens and an all glass pathway, what are people's preferences for the bowl adapter and wand as far as all glass vs metal screens? I've never had a glass "screen" before, so I'm not sure if there are special precautions to take, like during stirring and emptying.

Thanks all. :rockon:

If you go way back in this thread....somewhere I posted pics about the coils and how I stretched them out a little bit. I have a auber coil and they are 15.8mm.....the other coils out there are normally 16mm ones. You can slowly bend or shape them to fit the heater so the coil sits as close to the glass walls as possible without getting stuck on it when heated up. I spread my coils apart by about 3-4mm between them. Some do not want to do this for 2 reasons.....possible damage of the coil....(could be short or long term issue there..or not at all). and also because some can get the coil hot enough for their liking or use with it untouched. I have not tried that at all though...and have not seen enough info to really understand how the coil would be untouched compared to stretched a bit.

I set my Auber 300 from 589F to 624F on average pending on what I put in the bowl....normally I leave it at 612-620F. For using the concentrate pad...I go up +100F usually.

All glass bowls are good and bad.....depends on how you use them. The little 4 leaf pedal that is the glass screen in these types of bowls is open to grinds...but if you break buds in large chunks or whole chunks..it works much better to keep the messy stuff at bay. But the big negative is that .....stuff gets below the glass screen quick and the glass screen area collects goo quickly.

Using a SS screen in the stock Elev8r bowl is my only way to use........ I am pretty sensitive with taste and how harsh some vapor is...but I do not find the SS screen to be any issue at all. And the huge huge positive of using stock metal screen.....is that you can clean super easy.......stirring is easy......replacing a new one in there is super easy....even if you didn't clean the glass bowl out.

nonamekevin

If you go way back in this thread....somewhere I posted pics about the coils and how I stretched them out a little bit. I have a auber coil and they are 15.8mm.....the other coils out there are normally 16mm ones. You can slowly bend or shape them to fit the heater so the coil sits as close to the glass walls as possible without getting stuck on it when heated up. I spread my coils apart by about 3-4mm between them. Some do not want to do this for 2 reasons.....possible damage of the coil....(could be short or long term issue there..or not at all). and also because some can get the coil hot enough for their liking or use with it untouched. I have not tried that at all though...and have not seen enough info to really understand how the coil would be untouched compared to stretched a bit.

I set my Auber 300 from 589F to 624F on average pending on what I put in the bowl....normally I leave it at 612-620F. For using the concentrate pad...I go up +100F usually.

All glass bowls are good and bad.....depends on how you use them. The little 4 leaf pedal that is the glass screen in these types of bowls is open to grinds...but if you break buds in large chunks or whole chunks..it works much better to keep the messy stuff at bay. But the big negative is that .....stuff gets below the glass screen quick and the glass screen area collects goo quickly.

Using a SS screen in the stock Elev8r bowl is my only way to use........ I am pretty sensitive with taste and how harsh some vapor is...but I do not find the SS screen to be any issue at all. And the huge huge positive of using stock metal screen.....is that you can clean super easy.......stirring is easy......replacing a new one in there is super easy....even if you didn't clean the glass bowl out.
Thanks bud. :rockon:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Does anyone know if there are torches like the Big Buddy that have a visible fuel window? I'm wanting to invest in a nice torch since the heating source is so key to the Elev8r experience.

cilantro,

AcidFlashbang

Does anyone know if there are torches like the Big Buddy that have a visible fuel window? I'm wanting to invest in a nice torch since the heating source is so key to the Elev8r experience.
Ive just been using one of those propane torches from home depot it works great. I heat it foe 25 seconds and get insane rips. Using MAPP could get that time even lower. I kniw it's not exactly what you're lookin for but the tanks last forever and are pretty damn cheap

Last edited:

Tweakz

If you go way back in this thread....somewhere I posted pics about the coils and how I stretched them out a little bit. I have a auber coil and they are 15.8mm......

incredibly helpful review. Now I know where to buy coil heater! thank you so much .
plus the second set of all glass goes to me. with the first standard (with metal screens) everything is fine.

Tweakz,

mixchu69

I know it will be extremely difficult to develop as glass/Quartz has different tolerances , but I believe 7th floor should make a customized coil to use with an enail. I don't like the idea of stretching own coils. It would be great if it fit correctly so you can lift up/down like newvape products (maybe use clips)

I would be confident it will help improve your sales greatly, as there are so many ppl that want the glass airpath. It would basically be an all glass flowerpot.

tokenknifeguy

Ive just been using one of those propane torches from home depot it works great. I heat it foe 25 seconds and get insane rips. Using MAPP could get that time even lower. I kniw it's not exactly what you're lookin for but the tanks last forever and are pretty damn cheap
I do this but with Mapp and it works amazing. Before this I was using 3 butane torches at one time. lol

With Mapp I can get good hits at 10-15 seconds.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I;ve been vaping hemp with my other vaporizers, which are all top notch. I've been working on my last semester of college and starting an exciting phase of my career, so I got some gorilla glue and loaded a bowl up into the elev8r and I'm on cloud nine. This thing is a rocket ship. Blast off baby

P.S. Ok so as far as I'm concerned, this vape is king. The bang for the buck value and is off the hook. Think about the cost of a vape that gives this purity and strength of medication. Holy crap. Anyway, I'm off to watch wolverine and the x-men

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I;ve been vaping hemp with my other vaporizers, which are all top notch. I've been working on my last semester of college and starting an exciting phase of my career, so I got some gorilla glue and loaded a bowl up into the elev8r and I'm on cloud nine. This thing is a rocket ship. Blast off baby

P.S. Ok so as far as I'm concerned, this vape is king. The bang for the buck value and is off the hook. Think about the cost of a vape that gives this purity and strength of medication. Holy crap. Anyway, I'm off to watch wolverine and the x-men

Happy for you on all counts. And I couldn't agree more. The vapes that equal or come close to the bang Elev8r delivers are far and few between, and cost 2.5 to 5 times as much as the Elev8r kit. I bought parts, didn't need the wand, so my Elev8r cost me less than $80.

In fact as I type this I'm sipping on a wonderful craft convection vape that cost $350 plus shipping. I love it, it's fabulous and may well become my most used vape. But the Elev8r is hands down my hardest hitting vape. And it's the one I use to show my die hard smoker friends that vaping flower can get you just as high as smoking. Cuz they usually get higher.

AcidFlashbang

This thing is so great it never fails to get me blazed. The only upgrade I could see from here would be a flowerpot

Last edited:
AcidFlashbang,

GoldenBud

Can the ELEV8R can get me blazed with small Honest torch, after 35 seconds of heating (rotating over the head) or it is working good only with some big blazer?
because big blazers are not too portable, would like to avoid buying one

GoldenBud,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Can the ELEV8R can get me blazed with small Honest torch, after 35 seconds of heating (rotating over the head) or it is working good only with some big blazer?
Hiya, those Honest definitely won't supply enough heat/energy in 35 seconds, no. I recommend Big Buddy but like you say, it's big.

chlorophyll_man,
Reactions: GoldenBud

AcidFlashbang

Hiya, those Honest definitely won't supply enough heat/energy in 35 seconds, no. I recommend Big Buddy but like you say, it's big.
Ehhh on vaporents I saw a guy who used one of those 3 in 1 bernzomatic single flame torches which has about the same flame size and he said it worked using it for 45 seconds. However with the honest torch you might not get many hits without having to refill the torch.

For the same price as that big buddy you can get a plumbers torch that comes with a giant can of propane that lasts forever and each replacement tank is ~$3 USD. For the elev8r small isn't really desireable because of how much butane it would take to heat up. The elev8r is more of a home rig anyway IMO.

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
This thing is so great it never fails to get me blazed. The only upgrade I could see from here would be a flowerpot

I have a Flowerpot showerhead, a Sublimator Apollo and 2x ELEV8Rs currently on the coffee table in front of me. The FP never gets turned on, never. It's going to be sold when I can get off my arse and list it. You're not in Australia, are ya? ;)

It's only an upgrade if you're interested in ditching the torch, imho.
But it doesn't hit as hard as the ELEV8R when dialed.

nonamekevin

After looking for a while, I've decided this will be my next vape. I've been looking for a heavy hitter that can compete with my SBrunt.

Can someone give me more of an idea on which torch will get me there at the lowest cost? I've heard on hear that the big buddy is a good choice. The big shot seems like the gold standard, but pricey.

Still interested in getting a Mapp gas setup, or maybe a torch off Amazon. Eventually, I will go the route of @LabPong and obtain a 16mm coil setup, but I need something in the mean time. :rockon:

AcidFlashbang

After looking for a while, I've decided this will be my next vape. I've been looking for a heavy hitter that can compete with my SBrunt.

Can someone give me more of an idea on which torch will get me there at the lowest cost? I've heard on hear that the big buddy is a good choice. The big shot seems like the gold standard, but pricey.

Still interested in getting a Mapp gas setup, or maybe a torch off Amazon. Eventually, I will go the route of @LabPong and obtain a 16mm coil setup, but I need something in the mean time. :rockon:
A propane torch will be much cheaper than any butane torch in the long run and you're not inhaling the exhaust gasses so it doesn't matter if it's extra clean. Cant say about MAPP because I'm not sure how expensive those canisters are. My propane torch cost me less than $30 almost a year ago and I'm still on the tank it came with and Ive been using it for concentrates before I got the elev8r.
I have a Flowerpot showerhead, a Sublimator Apollo and 2x ELEV8Rs currently on the coffee table in front of me. The FP never gets turned on, never. It's going to be sold when I can get off my arse and list it. You're not in Australia, are ya? ;)

It's only an upgrade if you're interested in ditching the torch, imho.
But it doesn't hit as hard as the ELEV8R when dialed.
Well the lack of torching is the draw of the flowerpot for me but if an enail can do that better than the flowerpot then I'll definitely stick with this. If you order the RDK300 straight from auber its only $120 USD so I might do that :)

Top Bottom