Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Thinking about getting one of these!

Not sure about the manual heating, but I'm intrigued by the all glass convection pathway.

Get one. The vapor is wonderful tasting, and the hits can be huge. But get a good torch. I've got a Blazer and it's the bomb. When it's full of butane I can heat up the Elev8r in 22-25 secs on the first heat cycle and 20 secs or so on subsequent.

The only trick is in pairing it with the right water piece. It needs a bit of restriction to work its best, but not too much. The J Hook never really did it for me since there's not enough restriction. My Sneaky Pete Globe and a custom piece I picked up on a road trip are perfect for the Elev8r. I use mine nearly every day, and traveled with it recently. My buddies loved it too.

LabPong

Thinking about getting one of these!

Not sure about the manual heating, but I'm intrigued by the all glass convection pathway.

I use my auber 300 and their 15/8mm coil with my Elev8r more than the torch method. A 16mm coil works, but you have to tweak/bend the coil open just a bit to get good heat soaking. Open up the coil about 3mm between each coil wrap. Then get it fairly close to the width of the heater piece. I sort of spiral bend it to get it wider or narrower.

The only trick is in pairing it with the right water piece. It needs a bit of restriction to work its best, but not too much. The J Hook never really did it for me since there's not enough restriction.

You might want to play with that some......I use a couple single matrix rigs with little restriction and can take low pressure draws and get good vapor easily.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I use my auber 300 and their 15/8mm coil with my Elev8r more than the torch method. A 16mm coil works, but you have to tweak/bend the coil open just a bit to get good heat soaking. Open up the coil about 3mm between each coil wrap. Then get it fairly close to the width of the heater piece. I sort of spiral bend it to get it wider or narrower.

Do you use the sick clip with the coil, or is the coil snugged up to the heater enough to not matter?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

LabPong

Do you use the sick clip with the coil, or is the coil snugged up to the heater enough to not matter?

I get my coils to just fit over the heater. But since the heater is not a perfect longitudinal cylinder....when the coil is heated up....your fit will change....usually gets tighter when hot. So I just kept bending it slightly narrower until it would grab the heater when up to temp, and then allow slightly more space to slide the heater out as well.

Because the little inlet at the top is outcropped slightly...it leaves an edge for the coil to keep the glass held as you remove both to stir. I use a 18mm stand to put it on when stirring. I do not use the sick clip when I use like this......but you need to be safe anyway. I have my little oven mitt I made close buy if something happens. But basically when it is bent into a good shape.....you can slip the coil over the heater and then turn the heater about 90 degrees to allow the inlet hole to keep the glass from sliding out the coil when moving. It may take several attempts to get it working well....but when you get it set.....it will stay there.

beyond6strings

“You might want to play with that some......I use a couple single matrix rigs with little restriction and can take low pressure draws and get good vapor easily.“

@LabPong I will.

beyond6strings,

hoyo77

Does anyone know if they still sell the boro heater...i have reached out to 7th floor and have not heard back.

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
Does anyone know if they still sell the boro heater...i have reached out to 7th floor and have not heard back.

I think so. I just emailed them about my boro heater cracking and was told I could purchase a new quartz or boro heater to replace it.

Bummer.

jimsmith90210,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

LabPong

I was told they were not going to make boro anymore....that was many months ago. But if they do make them again....I will stock up!

LabPong,

LabPong

Hi,
if I were them, I would not produce the boro ones anymore. None of my boro heaters lasted more than 2-3 months but my quartz one is still flawless after 15 months of daily use.

My first boro cracked after about 3 months....it got a lot of use with torch and coil...... I got a couple quartz ones after that....but I do not like how they taste....there is a difference. The boro is the best for pure taste...the quartz is the best for strength.

I pray they make boro again! lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I got a couple quartz ones after that....but I do not like how they taste....there is a difference. The boro is the best for pure taste...the quartz is the best for strength.

So many people have said that in this thread, it's really interesting to hear to me coming from lots of quartz banger dabbing.

Glass nails were a thing for a short time, but for the same durability reasons it wasn't around that long. Then Ti nails came out, and so forth!

invertedisdead,

LabPong

Did they replace it when it failed after 3 months?

I'm kind of surprised that after mine broke all they did was try and sell me a replacement.

You know....I actually do not recall....I think they gave me some credit as I was ordering stuff from them often.

LabPong,

Tweakz

Good day friends. finally it was time for me to get hold of my elev8r which came the other day. I am incredibly happy. I can confidently say that the elev8r is the absolute champion - true heavy hitter, amazing taste, powerful blows, convenience and ease of use, durability make Elev8r the king of manual vaporizers. now it is my daily driver for many years. I also own a lotus and sticky bricks, and only a lotus can compete in taste, on all other points they are weaker.

@7thFloorVapes thank you guys you real masters !

disGRUNTled

06b29350-9931-43fa-8fb8-5b6f33685887.jpg

biohacker

Anyone use an IR Thermometer on their heater for more predictable/consistent performance instead of timing?

biohacker,

beyond6strings

Anyone use an IR Thermometer on their heater for more predictable/consistent performance instead of timing?

Honestly I'm now using look and feel instead of using a timer. There is a section of my Elev8r that begins to glow red when it's at the right heat. I'd noticed that recently. So that is now my indicator for when to stop heating. I've been doing it for about a week and I'm having great success. Great taste, good extraction and no combustion.

nonamekevin

Can someone explain it to me. The primary component of the vape is the glass heater and the bowl with either glass or ss screen?

Been looking at this vape for a little while and am interested. Can anyone say if the heater piece that drops into the bowl is standard 14/18mm, or is it specific for the elev8r?

nonamekevin,

Tweakz

Can someone explain it to me. The primary component of the vape is the glass heater and the bowl with either glass or ss screen?

Been looking at this vape for a little while and am interested. Can anyone say if the heater piece that drops into the bowl is standard 14/18mm, or is it specific for the elev8r?

bro is the best vape, however, which I had a chance to try. the main component is the whole structure. the heater is of course also extremely important

Honestly I'm now using look and feel instead of using a timer. There is a section of my Elev8r that begins to glow red when it's at the right heat. I'd noticed that recently. So that is now my indicator for when to stop heating. I've been doing it for about a week and I'm having great success. Great taste, good extraction and no combustion.

I agree with you completely. This is the best device. it has the thickest and tastiest steam my indicator to start soaring is the red color of the heater. and I only warm the recesses in the heater. fast. effectively. durable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom