1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The ELEV8R from 7th Floor

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by 7thFloorVapes, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Want to try it out?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2017.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Hell Yeah

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  3. No, thank you

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Mono Loco

Mono Loco Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

I think it would depend to an extent on the size and power of the flame if it is too big and aggressive then it may not make for the best experience. If I was using my Big Shot torch at anything over the lowest level I would not get the results and experience and vapor quality I am looking for.

Mushroomturtle, BigJr48 and arb like this.
  3. Mushroomturtle

Mushroomturtle Smokeless and alcohol-free

Heya, my original boro heater cracked in two so I've been using the quartz one instead.
    If anyone's interested in a comparison, it's like changing from the SS to the Ti Vapcap tip pretty much. But the flavour remains neutral, to me.
    Still my best cloud producer and flavour extractor :)

BigJr48 and Alexis like this.
  4. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Yes I only use the quartz heater nowadays when using the torch.
    I actually prefer the slightly reduced airflow because I don't need to work as hard to build up the hit or toke for quite as long to clear it.
    The taste is still slightly muted vs the glass, IM(definite)O lol!

But I realise I have just grown accustomed to it now. It is still very pure, just not so pronounced or distinctive as the glass.
    When I do use the glass heater with the torch I find I am having to suck in a greater volume of air overall and keep up with a slightly faster draw rate.

So I like the quartz heater. The only reason I don't use it with the coil is because my coil is fitted better to the glass heater and is too loose on the quartz one.

I think I may pick up another coil and fit it to my quartz heaters because I have a couple and one to sell as well, if I can get satisfactory coil performance with the quartz heaters that would be a bonus. Im sure my coil setup could work a fair bit better as well because my coil is pretty winded from the adjustment, and the 2 middle coils glow red while the 2 outer ones do not.

I think I may be one of the most regular Elev8r users on these forums, along with @LabPong and @highasakite , but I know that these guys have got other vaporizers they really enjoy using and can switch to whereas my favourite vapes have been a no go for me up until now.

Have a great night @Mushroomturtle , hope work has been decent this week and you are nice and chilled tonight. :tup:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    highasakite and Mushroomturtle like this.
  5. Shark-Style

Shark-Style Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm really interested in making this my next vape, read some great things on here.
    I was just wondering if I should go with the glass or SS screen. Which ones do you guys prefer? Pros con between the 2?

highasakite and triskelion like this.
  6. triskelion

triskelion Active Member

personal pref, think, you should try both, cheers!

7. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I find mesh screens works best but that's just my preference.

Alexis and highasakite like this.
  8. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

WTF...false advertising?

When I go to 7th Floor's webiste, it claims that the Elevator is $99 before you click on it:
    [​IMG]

But after I click on it and want to order, it raises the price on me:
    [​IMG]

What the motherfucking hell? That's not cool at all!
    ***edit - ^ my apologies. I didn't mean it to sound as harsh as this came out***

I even added it to the cart and went to check out...but I still appeared to be getting ripped off, as the price did update.
    Anyone know if there has been a stated reason for this price difference?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    justcametomind and arb like this.
  9. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Seriously??? For $5????
    Website just needs a update, wait until Monday, call 7th Fl. & I'm sure customer service will honor the error.

Alexis and arb like this.
  10. Shark-Style

Shark-Style Well-Known Member

That's strange. It say 104.99 on both pages for me. I just purchased the all glass version for 114.99. If I don't like it I'll throw a SS screen on top of the glass one. Looks like this kit comes with a tool to hold the heater also by the pic. It's not shown in the standard pic. I got the warranty also. Half price replacement for life sounds like a good deal. I can't wait for it to arrive :)

Alexis, arb and BigJr48 like this.
  11. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Sorry. I reread my post and sounded much harsher than I intended to. I was half serious, half funny, and it didn't come through on my post. My apologies.

12. arb

arb Semi shaved ape

There website has been in a constant state of discombobulated flux since the merger.
    Give Sam a call or email he will get it straightened out for you chop chop......usually.

KidFated., pxl_jockey, Alexis and 2 others like this.
  13. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

I love the boro, but am really disappointed with the flavor of the quartz.

KidFated., arb, BigJr48 and 1 other person like this.
  14. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Glass screens are a pia! Are you talking about the ones you drop in the bowl bottom? Or the bowls that have a built in glass screen? Both are pia for diff reasons......

The glass drop in ones move around and need to be cleaned often....

The glass screen built in bowl bottom....gets clogged too quick and have too much restriction.

Go with the standard SS!

KidFated., BigJr48, arb and 1 other person like this.
  15. cilantro

cilantro Flavor Chaser

I have both and love them for different reasons. The SS screens are great, simple to pop out and clean using the skewer I use for my Enano. SS advantage for me is that it catches fine grind microdoses perfectly, even though 7th floor recommends filling a lot for vapor production. For my glass built-in bowl, I use coarse chunks, and the purity of flavor is off the charts IMO. That being said, SS is flavor-sensational as well so the difference really could be 0.0004% :D

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way, too. Somehow the quartz felt harsher and more aggressive to my taste buds. Perhaps less heat time on the quartz might achieve a gentler terp journey on my taste buds? I don't know.

16. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

I admit, upon my first usage of the quartz heater I was disappointed by the muted flavour. However it has grown on me because I feel that the function is a little easier when it comes to the effort required inhalation wise.

But you are absolutely right in that less heat is required for the quartz heater using my blazer big shot torch I am heating for 20 seconds initially, 25 seconds is definitely too much with the quartz heater.
    Subsequent heat ups are 15 seconds and 20 seconds is too much sometimes even 17 seconds on the second heat up gives too harsh a hit.

When I did mistakenly start a load off with the glass heater and torch the other night my initial 20 second heating did not yield sufficient vapor.

So do try less heat. That should reduce some of the harshness you felt.
    Got both my heaters and bowls/screens soaking in ISO right now. This is vital to do at least weekly if you want to experience that excellent flavour.

I'm actually supposed to have started a 30-day vapor break two days ago for a course of homoeopathy. But I just haven't been able to face it's so far. My primary reason for using cannabis is for depression and anxiety to literally keep me from going spare, largely as a result of the damages I have incurred over time.

However I have drastically reduced my usage which has been sustained at a very heavy rate since harvests have allowed.
    2 days ago I only had one Elev8r load and 1 vapcap. Yesterday I had 2 loads and 2 vapcaps.

Plus edibles every day for digestive support. I am definitely feeling better actually to have cut back and my tolerance has already slightly adjusted it really doesn't take long you know.
    Going from the heaviest usage I could sustain to a complete vapor break was just too much for me I think.

Better to cut down first and build up to it. :nod:

17. Buds of War

Buds of War #fueledbyTHC

I had always used my boro elev8r on a coil until I got fed up with nursing temps but then snapped it in half with my crème brulee torch:doh:. Steve was kind enough to send me a couple of quartz heaters over (along with some other goodies) which was real damn nice of him.

My boro heater lasted twice on the torch before it started cracking so I'm impressed with how resilient and durable this quartz version is on a flame. I love how quick it heats, the efficiency and the clouds it produces, however, unfortunately I'm not loving the flavour. Weather it's my inexperience with torch vapes or the make up of the quartz or something else it's just not doing it for me flavour wise like the boro 1 did for me with my brief time using it on a flame.

Now that i'm out of butane I decided to try one on my coil, and well it's bloody fantastic. I had to rearrange my coil to fit but its on snug as a bug as I had it before on my boro 1 and i'm loving it. The clouds are not as intense as with the flame but it sure is smoother and tastier......and longer lasting.

If you want quick sessions with big clouds bang a flame on it, if you want longer, smoother tastier sessions wrap a coil round it.

18. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Good to hear how that worked out for your BOW !

Yes, with the quartz heater glass....I found that when you torch it....it is much harder to get it to that perfect temp that keeps the taste better. For sure less time to heat up the quartz than the boro one....but I like not torching for as long...and getting it re-heated quicker. So I use my quartz heaters just for torching and the boro ones for my coil use.

arb, Buds of War, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  19. Buds of War

Buds of War #fueledbyTHC

what I love about using a torch is that it's different every time. You can be as smooth or has rough as you like with it, light clouds, thick clouds, quick session, long session......it's really a great lil thing. It has always blown my mind how this lil piece of glass, or quartz, can fuk me up. Using different bowls changes it too, my fav bowl to use with the elev8r has always been the Arizer cyclone bowl.
    I think like age (mostly) it gets better with experience.

And on coil....soooo much better then boro in that i'm not nursing the temps soo much. I can't really fault it you know.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors