Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

May I ask you a stupid question? How do you guys hit the bong? The way I hit it is: I heat up the vape, insert it and then pull slowly from the bong until I see vapor in the chamber, then I pull as fast as I can and after that I remove the vape and pull what’s left. Is this the correct way or you guys have found a more effective way?

Alex......for me when I use a torch....I need to be careful how I draw the hit. Because it is not easy to get the temp to a good solid consistent range....I tend to get too hot sometimes...so I often wait a few seconds after I think I heated too long. I can tell using the back of my hand to sense the radiant heat. I just know how hot it feels when the temp is at a few different levels. You get used to that after tons of practice...lol

Ok, for the drawing in of a hit....I usually draw slow because you are just heating up the load and it is not at full temp for instant extraction. So after about 3-5 seconds if I start seeing vapor......it is HOT and I back off the draw quick....especially if it is the first draw. I do not want to "toast" the taste off the entire load in one draw and have the rest taste like crap.

You can tell when you are drawing hard enough to make the max velocity move through the heater into the bowl because you get a slight whistle or "whirling" sound from the heater inlet hole. My slower draw is where you can not hear any sound from the inlet hole.

Usually when I get the heat right in the middle for max taste and more than enough power....I get the vapor starting at about 4-6 seconds in. When I see that...I know I can continue a slightly faster draw....just enough to get that whistle sound. You should not need to use a strong draw at all unless you pull the bowl to clear the whole rig. No need at all to pull hard with the heater on......all you really do is pull the hot air so fast over the load it does not have enough time to really melt/extract the flower. But if you are getting too much vapor quick and know that it is too hot....you can actually do that to decrease the vapor as you finish the draw and clearing off.

Hope that helps some and is not too technical.....sorry I tend to get pretty detailed and then get lost in the details at the same time....lol

Alex91.......not sure how many draws you took for your first session.....but when I first used the Elev8r after already vaping a while....and having high tolerance..... I felt like it was even better than a combustion bong session. I get the absolute highest I have ever been from any vape yet.....with clean taste and no harshness. I was hooked after the 3rd draw. Then after the 4th draw...I really thought I was going to pass out....haaaa

highasakite

I just tried concentrates for the first time and it didn’t go so well. Tried RSO and then crumble. I normally heat for 25-30 secs with a plumbers torch for herb. I heated for 35 secs, hit it...heated for 30 secs, hit again..just not much vapor. Heated more and got a small amount. Still felt some effects, but not what it should have been. Also tried another dab on the pad with herb underneath on the screen...nothing. Ideas?

Edit: I feel like an idiot. I just read this post: The ELEV8R from 7th Floor

I think that concentrate disk needs to made a tad bit smaller...i got a replacement for mine as the one that came with it would not fit. I see in come of the videos the disk sits on top of the screen, mine will not go down that far and gets stuck in the glass bowl part. that could be an issue as it scratches the glass. so i do not use mine for concentrates like i want to.

I was thinking the same thing...then someone said that’s how it’s supposed to be. I already watched multiple videos and thought the pad was supposed to go all the way in! It is supposed to get stuck so it gets more heat, makes perfect sense now.

Last edited:

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
Cool, I was just wondering if you had used the stock wand and if the experience (vapor) was different in use. Some people have said the vapor from the straight wand was too harsh and preferred it through a water piece for added diffusion.

Stock Wand vs. my Custom Wand

• Length: The stock wand is 6 and 5/8 inches long. The custom wand is 7 and 3/4 inches long. Thus the custom wand is 1.17 times as long as the stock wand.
  • Weight: The stock wand weighs 33.66 g (1.187 oz). The custom wand weighs 161.52 g (5.697 oz). Thus the custom wand is 4.8 times as heavy as the stock wand, which is a pretty huge difference. Combining the dimensions, the custom wand uses ~ 20.8 g/in of glass, and the stock wand uses ~ 5.1 g/in of glass.
  • Shape: The stock wand is straight and narrow, while the custom wand has an hourglass-shaped middle section and a donut right before the mouthpiece. I prefer the additional shaping of the custom wand because it doesn’t roll on a flat surface and it’s easier for me to keep ahold of when I’m spinning it to torch.
  • Airflow Path and Volume: The stock wand has a straight, narrow, uninterrupted shot from the hole in the mouthpiece to the glass screen. I wouldn’t disagree with anyone who classified it as “harsh”. I could imagine the heat and immediate throat hit appealing to someone who desires to emulate the feel of smoking . The downside is that this design makes it easy to “tunnel” out the middle of your material if you have a powerful inhale. The airflow path in the custom wand is longer, wider, and diffused by the glass donut right before the mouthpiece. The drag on the two pieces is noticeably different, with the custom wand feeling quite open like an 18mm piece.
  • Bowl Shape: The bowl in the stock wand is slightly smaller at the bottom than the bowl in the custom wand. Screens from the Mighty are a perfect fit in the stock wand, but are too small for the custom wand.
  • Screen: Both the stock wand and the custom wand have built-in glass screens. Unexpectedly, the holes in the glass screen on the stock wand are noticeably smaller than those in the custom wand. Normally I appreciate glass screens if for no other reason than they make a solid base for a metal screen (heh). However, @LabPong is 100% right: the glass screen in the stock ELEV8R wand is annoyingly easy to clog due to the small holes. The custom wand doesn’t have this issue due to the larger hole size.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Alexis

@highasakite I tried some rosin with the ceramic flavour disc a few weeks back. I have never even tried rosin before in my life in any device so I didn't know how to go about it but I just used the same temperatures I use for flower with my coil about 700 to start. I smeared a sufficient sized DAB onto the flavour disc but like you I didn't really get any vapour I barely tasted anything or got any effects though I did notice a slight something I also raise the temperatures much higher but still didn't have any more success.

I haven't tried again since because I was sent a sample of rosin about 4 dabs worth by a member and I don't want to waste it all until I know how to effectively use it. But yeah it just plain didn't work and I haven't got around to enquiring about it yet but I also have a new unopened rosin press which I will begin using soon when our harvest is complete and I have some energy so I will have plenty to experiment with then.

@alex91 real glad you like it so far bro yeah it sounds like you are doing the right thing and a good question in fact because I can't tell you definitively how much a slow or fast draw at different points affects the overall outcome of the hit and the extraction.

But when you have overheated and vapour is very dense immediately a very fast draw can save you from combustion and Charring the load and vice versa can push you closer that way.

Sometimes it seems a very fast draw maybe even at the start can ramp up vapour quickly and dramatically. But I also take long slow draws as well I don't think I ever really know exactly how I will inhale until I'm doing so and can see what sort of hit is coming on.

Excellent advice on this already from @Diggy Smalls well put bro. I am the same as you I just go for that one long huge-ass hit until vapor drops or my lungs are full. More so especially with the torch to get my money (metaphorically and literally) and effort's worth.
I have not read @LabPong 's post just above yet he is bound to have shared some enlightenment no doubt.

So yeah @alex91 pretty much like hitting a bong. But with the coil you can sip at low temps, or extended high temp hits and extract a bowl in 2 or 3 big long hits.
So no exact specific technique. Its a bit like riding a bumper car actually lol! Just get in and drive then figure it out along the way.

So do let us all know when you have tested and perfected the various techniques and approaches, we are all still learning together.

Last edited:
Holywowzerbagowzer the quartz heaters are insane. I use a dual flame kitchen torch to heat it up for 50 seconds and let it stand for about 10 more seconds before hitting it. I get crazy flavor and sense foggy clouds. Loving my Elev8r all over again

Alexis

@alex91 good evening I say as I literally re-breathe a huge coil hit of last summer's Think Different. Wow, fully exhaled now and so tasty. Set at 700. The amazing thing about this vaporizer, besides the taste and effects, is how I personally can take kung filling hits with effects to match most other heavy hitters, and tolerate it very well. Better than my vapcap even.

I have tried the FP, GS, EVO, Herbo Ti, Supreme and am strangely intoerant to all of them. Although I did seem to be able to use the Herbo Ti quite happily last Autumn but varying immune patterns and I think my allergies are much heightened atm.

But I still tolerate the Elev8r without that bizarre and strange but extremely severex intolerance reaction to those other heavy hitters. They all have one thing in common they hit really hard and extract fast. So does the Elev8r but it is the only one which I can use.

And believe me I hit it pretty hard to get maximum effects with less time and energy. It is always extremely smooth though I make sure of that with the coil there is no Guess work at all and you are guaranteed to get the exact vapor you want.

Anyway the point of this post, (before I got a bit higher with 3 bog hits of his fresh 0.3 ish load)

-I did some torching earlier to get better use out of the quartz heater. And I realised straight away that I actually need to use a different drawer technique with the torch to my usual coil usage. With the coil I can literally draw anyway I like I can start off immediately with a very fast draw and get the milk dents and flowing or go more gradually and still milk it up but it takes a little longer.

Everything is already heat soaked though because I tend to leave the coil on the heater a lot of the time and always prior to hits but it continues to get hotter you vape through the bowl.

With the torch earlier I discovered that I needed to begin drawing a little more slowly and then pick up the pace but I have rarely used the torch for a long time. I also discovered again why I love the coil so much and I have been taking it for granted. It makes it possible for me to get the exact hits I want at that perfect temperature and guaranteed smoothness and predictable rate of extraction with my eyes closed literally this is the attraction.

Also the torch can be fun and I will certainly be employing it from time to time.:science:
So I really should appreciate this setup more, its an amzing way to use this vaporizer if you get it rigged up right.
Back for the rest have nice evenings far and wide.:rockon::zzz:

alex91

Good evening @Alexis , hope you’re having a great time :science:

How do you guys remove the screen? The heater’s one doesn’t need to be cleaned, but the one in the WPA you can remove it with the pick, right? Just need to push it off the WPA.

Also, what about the screen in the wand? How do you remove it?

Thanks.

EDIT: excuse me my stupidity, you just need scoop it over the top of the wand with the pick. :doh:

Last edited:

LabPong

Good evening @Alexis , hope you’re having a great time :science:

How do you guys remove the screen? The heater’s one doesn’t need to be cleaned, but the one in the WPA you can remove it with the pick, right? Just need to push it off the WPA.

Also, what about the screen in the wand? How do you remove it?

Thanks.

EDIT: excuse me my stupidity, you just need scoop it over the top of the wand with the pick. :doh:

I ususally just push it out from the bottom with a small screwdriver or something wider than a pick.

For putting back in.....you can put something like a pick or slightly larger again....then put that up from the bottom and hold where the screen will sit. Now as you push the screen in with your finger (in my case my pinky).....then as you push the screen into place...if it does not want to move horizontal....you can direct the screen by pushing up or just holding the element you used from the bottom.

That will help so you dont bend the screen up and have to reset it. But, usually if i put just a slight curve in the screen and then push in with my pinky on 1 edge closest to the opening as it goes in on an angle...then push quick to bottom of bowl.....usually you get is almost perfect...but you can just push around the edges with a pick and center it better if you need.

Elev8r_screen_install.jpg

I actually use my S&B brush or this pax tool to then push up against my finger and flatten out the screen some which helps it stay in place. You may or may not need to do this pending on what screen you use.
m1BgtU

Last edited:

Itsharv

Thanks again fc found my new vape I'm getting myself for officially becoming a legal mmj consumer. After reading pages and pages I'm still undecided on weather to go with quartz or the glass. I like the idea of quartz being more durable but dontdwant to lose the experience most people loved about the glass.....

Alexis

Thanks again fc found my new vape I'm getting myself for officially becoming a legal mmj consumer. After reading pages and pages I'm still undecided on weather to go with quartz or the glass. I like the idea of quartz being more durable but dontdwant to lose the experience most people loved about the glass.....
Go ahead and treat yourself- get one of each. It's really no great expense and then you can be certain you have experienced both options and can decide which you prefer or maybe enjoye them both for the differences as I am currently., I'm torching the quartz heater because my coil is fitted to the glass one.
I look forward to hearing some positive impressions (once you have solved this very difficult dilemma of course).;)

Last edited:

LabPong

Good advise Alexis......you get a discount on the heater if you buy it with the vape kit.

Also, yea that is what I have been doing since I bent my coil back to the glass heater......torch the quartz!

TORCH THE QUARTZ......I think I need a 7th Floor shirt with that on it....haaaaaa

Itsharv

Oh it's terrible I have weeks if research leading up to this.lol. I wish my budget allowed me to get both. For now I can only pick one, I think I'm gonna go with the glass one to start. Already out to the test with what seems for the most part good results.

highasakite

Well, I finally combusted...just a few seconds too much heat on an immediate reheat I guess. Of course it was just after cleaning the heater, bowl, and rig. Then after cleaning the bowl and heater again, replaced the screen...it still stinks! Like a Seinfeld episode...

Just let it soak for an hour...much better now. Still got a whiff, but put in some flower and blew some clouds. Clean. :tup:

LabPong

highasakite.....what are you using to clean with....cause you should have no problem getting rid of the smell with just 91% ISO.

Which screen did you replace....the bowl screen or the heater screen? I stopped using the heater screen as I did not see it was of use for me and did not want anything but as much glass in the path as possible.

alex91

Guys, this orange/yellow colored thing has showed up in the WPA. What is this? I only use flowers and always clean with water and detergent and after drying, ISO. I’m trying to clean it with a cotton swab with hot water and detergent, but not sure it’s helping :(

A31hyc0.jpg

Thanks.

alex91,
Reactions: BigJr48

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Guys, this orange/yellow colored thing has showed up in the WPA. What is this? I only use flowers and always clean with water and detergent and after drying, ISO. I’m trying to clean it with a cotton swab with hot water and detergent, but not sure it’s helping :(

A31hyc0.jpg

Thanks.
Are you keeping your screen in while you clean it, or putting the screen in while the glass is moist? It could be rust?

alex91

Are you keeping your screen in while you clean it, or putting the screen in while the glass is moist? It could be rust?

Yeah, I guess that’s it. I kept the screen while cleaning it. Thank you. What’s the best way to remove it? I’ve tried rubbing cotton swabs with detergent and water but it didn’t do much.

alex91,

highasakite

highasakite.....what are you using to clean with....cause you should have no problem getting rid of the smell with just 91% ISO.

Which screen did you replace....the bowl screen or the heater screen? I stopped using the heater screen as I did not see it was of use for me and did not want anything but as much glass in the path as possible.
I used 70% ISO as it usually works great for me in everything, some salt, and shook it up...just had to let it sit longer. I replaced the bowl screen. Can you remove the heater screen and then put a new one in if you want? I’m unsure how it’s held in there.

highasakite,

LabPong

Yeah, I guess that’s it. I kept the screen while cleaning it. Thank you. What’s the best way to remove it? I’ve tried rubbing cotton swabs with detergent and water but it didn’t do much.

Some 91% ISO should be enough to clean it out. Let it soak for 10-15 mins if not.

Also, always take the screen out when you clean the bowl. But first...before you put one in....torch it first. Use a pair of tweezers or something and torch that screen red hot and burn off any impediments on it...then ISO soak...then a couple rinses. Now your screen is good to go for a long time.

LabPong,
Reactions: alex91

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I personally don't iso my screens, I torch them outside, cause it smells so nasty. I did try cleaning the adapter with the screen and got some rust myself, but it comes off easy enough.

I get blobs of reclaim with the elev8r if I use water filtration. It likes to build up on my downstem right under the water level

Diggy Smalls,

alex91

Guys, I’ve soaked the WPA piece in ISO (99%) 10 minutes and tried to remove the rust that I’ve talked about above with the cotton swab and still, it won’t come out. It’s such a little thing but it’s been so frustrating to clean it out. How do I scrape it without scratching the glass?

alex91,
Top Bottom