Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexis

I usually use 680 with the coil.....sometimes up to 690 if I mix kief in.

How long in seconds from first heating are you guys taking the draw at...usually for me it is over a minute I let the heater and coil sit before taking the draw. After it is warmed up and if I quick stir and get the heater back on in 10-15 seconds....I usually can get the next draw after i put the coil back on the heater in about 25-45 seconds. Using a smaller or shorter bowl than stock.

I have not tried much below 680 on the coil because I do not want to wait any longer.

What are your length of heat up time before drawing at lower temps like 630-660F ?
Tbh I dont notice a difference. Pretty much as soon as the coil has reached set temperature maybe a little wait contributes to more instant vapor production but I never even consider this I just toke when I am ready I don't think there is any difference in how long I need to wait at 630 or 700 to get the type of hit I expect at that specific temperature.

I always get the same performance basically and my coil temp belly drops at all during hits so I can just draw and draw until the load is gone in as few or many hits as I want.
Im just hitting it right now actually with some of this year's auto Brooklyn sunrise after a two-hour trim job shortly ago kept me from my much needed vaporizing, so I'm trying to make up for time currently on hit 3 with the flavour but this bad needs curing is terpene particularly tickly and do cause a bit of irritation I'm sure it's specific to the strain but also the weather we have had, leading to such a high concentration of all desired compounds.

So I cant help you much @LabPong sorry. I just never really think about heat up times but then I do vape differently to you it sounds you are much more sophisticated and precise about it I just generally get it ready to go get myself ready to go, we both follow the spaghetti and end up meeting in the middle.

So I'm sure it's the case that there is always some heat soaking going on I probably just automatically subconsciously allow this as I would with other devices where I sent it could make for better results, just not giving it any conscious thought I guess.

I just tried some rosin in the Elev8r using this ceramic flavour disc I have never had rosin or any concentrates before a kind member sent me this in the post. I have held off up until now because it came from organically fertilised bud and I would be 100% guaranteed allergic to the fertilizers if I vaped the bud itself.

So I was not in a rush to find out whether there would be enough fertilizer residue in the rosin to cause a bad reaction but also I wasn't sure how to use it. So I had a crack following my trim job I rushed about it really I guess the amount he told me there was about for good dabs there.

I wasn't sure what temperature do you use but I no I have seen people talking for longer for concentrates then for flowers so I started on about 700 with the flavour disc loaded into the top of the bowl. But I didnt really get any vapour or anything at that temperature I raised the temperature up to about 718 I think but I still didn't really get anything a slight whisp and a slight flavour and I think I did get some effects but it didn't seem to be happening and I needed to get hammered so I kind of bailed out.

If anybody has any tips for using rosin with this vaporizer I will be all ears and thank you in advance wishing you a very fun Friday evening. :)

Last edited:

almost there

QuartzELEV8R gets 50% off on quartz heater
TAG adapter & Quartz heater should arrive a few days apart.
my adapter came, the one they sent is completely different than the one in which I posted the link for. New one is thinner and there's a long chamber space between the joints. Waiting to hear back from TAG if this was a mistake, hope you get the better one at least.

Alexis

my adapter came, the one they sent is completely different than the one in which I posted the link for. New one is thinner and there's a long chamber space between the joints. Waiting to hear back from TAG if this was a mistake, hope you get the better one at least.
I saw they did have a couple different designs. Did you definitely select the right one? I know one was more bulbed. Maybe a little too much to enable even extraction right round the edges.

almost there

I saw they did have a couple different designs. Did you definitely select the right one? I know one was more bulbed. Maybe a little too much to enable even extraction right round the edges.
I selected based on the accompanying photo and my email receipt featured a photo of the ridged shorter one. The ID of that one is nice and narrow compared to the one I received. At worse i’ll Just have to figure out a way to elevate a screen with mine but it is quite a lot wider too:hmm:

Last edited:

BigJr48

I selected based on the accompanying photo and my email receipt featured a photo of the ridged shorter one. The ID of that one is nice a narrow compared to the one I received. At worse i’ll Just have to figure out a way to elevate a screen with mine but it is quite a lot wider too:hmm:

Can't you just return the adapter for the one you posted?

BigJr48,

almost there

@BigJr48 it arrived yesterday and I emailed them today, probably won’t hear back till next week.

Can’t wait to hear about those quartz heaters. All in all the the current one lasted me since March so I can’t complain but better heat retention would make me very happy

MAbud

LabPong

My quartz is on its way, should arrive on wednesday and since I only have vapcap torches, I’ve to buy something else. This one works great, right? I will probably buy it, but I’d appreciate If there was a smaller option. Any ideas?

https://kingbong.com.br/sedas/isqueiros-macaricos/macarico-a-gas-butano-blazer-big-buddy.html

Blazer torches are the way to go

Yup..Blazer Big Buddy is exactly what I use. You will only need it to be set at the lowest setting to get tons of flame with. Make sure you use good quality butane and you are good to go.

hopla

To those already experimenting the quartz elev8r: how long do you heat it? Is it still 40-50seconds like the borosilicate one or is it more efficient?
Taking some infos while waiting it's delivery on the next days :sherlock:

hopla

I only heat my glass heater for 25-30 seconds, and my reheat is half the heat up time. I imagine starting there with quartz would give some results
Thanks for the feedback, I never tried the elev8r so I'll start with your recommendation :tup:

hopla,
Reactions: BigJr48

hopla

Heating times depend on your torch size.....which one do you use?
27zvpdd.jpg

thanks for your help!
that beast, i almost burnt the curtains behind me and saw the flame passing near my eyebrow the first time i used it (never used such a massive torch).:worms:
Do i have to heat the quartz with the inner blue flame or the outer blue one (like the Dynavaps)?

hopla,

LabPong

27zvpdd.jpg

thanks for your help!
that beast, i almost burnt the curtains behind me and saw the flame passing near my eyebrow the first time i used it (never used such a massive torch).:worms:
Do i have to heat the quartz with the inner blue flame or the outer blue one (like the Dynavaps)?

Your good to go.....just let the tip area hit the glass heater.

MAbud

Anyone tried the quartz yet to compare to the glass? I opened mine last night but couldn’t try it before heading out of town

MAbud,

LabPong

Anyone tried the quartz yet to compare to the glass? I opened mine last night but couldn’t try it before heading out of town

Someone at my local postal hub decided my package needed to be sent back out of state for 2 days instead of being delivered to me yesterday....... :bang:

I will have it tomorrow for evening testing....

LabPong,

BigJr48

Someone at my local postal hub decided my package needed to be sent back
Funny you state that, I received my quartz this afternoon and on the envelope it said "next time send back to sender"
Is a torch necessary to use this heater? Seems thin for something so powerful, how about a torch lighter?

BigJr48,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I found marginal success with a torch lighter directly into the intake hole of the heater while I took a draw at the same time. It's nowhere near as good as a solid heating on the heater. Even a quad torch for my vapcap turned all the way up was not enough flame, and the body isn't meant to withstand that level of heating. I had to heat for over a minute instead of 30 seconds with my torch. My little lighters got so hot I needed to use personal protection to not get burns. Get even a small torch, you will not regret it. Stay away from creme brule torches, though.

I use the elev8r to do ginormous bowls of avb. It's the smoothest way I have to extract all the sedating effects from the avb.
I do wish the heaters would keep the nubs, and that quality control was a little tighter. I'm interested in the quartz for torch use, but I want to get feedback from others before I commit.

Top Bottom