1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The ELEV8R from 7th Floor

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by 7thFloorVapes, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Want to try it out?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2017.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Hell Yeah

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  3. No, thank you

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. alex91

alex91 Active Member

Do you guys think the quartz will be more expensive? If so, about how much?

2. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

No doubt...THANKS @7thFloorVapes !

I have no idea...but I am guessing at least $10 more.

3. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

has anyone else experienced almost like a rust colored ring? It almost looks like the screen oxidized or rusted around the edges? I am going to ISO and clean the whole thing and switch to a New Vape titanium screen and see what happens

BigJr48 and almost there like this.
  4. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Hey bro hope all is good in your woods. Thats cool to hear you still enjoy using the Elev8r, an ongoing testament with some pretty decent alternative options.
    I definitely hear you on the consistency that was a killer for me in the end my brain function is so compromised and varies so much that from session to session it was so unpredictable an dun replicable for me to get a consistent decent hits without combusting too often, hitting it too harsh and killing the load with less effects, or underheating and beong unsatisfied.

Then, damn well combusting the next hit trying to make amends. :argh:
    So I have completely stopped using the torch altogether now and to be honest I'm a little bit afraid of it Lol.

But this is the marvelous magic of the coil. Bang on consistency every time. Perfect hits at any temp range, and I only see at most a 3° temp drop during the longest hits. Vapor just doesnt drop off during a hit until it is exhausted at that temp. Too easy to overhit, and I do so very often.

The torch was a nice "limiter" here. I must leatn not to be like a desperate dog who feels like vapor is so scarce I must gulp every available bit, while it is available. I like the big hits though, I and I know you do very much yourself @Danksta .

I hope the quartz heaters step this vaporizer up for you exactly as you are hoping, and some more!

Have a great rest of the week bro.:tup:

Edit- forgot to say the very first monster hits of the day coming up right now. Gorgeous lemon Think Different pheno. A real consciousness uplifter.:)

BigJr48 and Danksta like this.
  5. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Ever since my first cleaning I learnt not to do a final rinse off with warm water after the iso soak. The next day my screen was full of rust and I torched it clean. Still never changed that screen but I never let them go near water again. So far haven't noticed it happening again.

BigJr48 and MAbud like this.
  6. Mozy

Mozy Solo II, Flipbrick, Elev8r

After a few days of waiting it's finally here. Shipping of the elev8r and the big buddy from England to mainland Europe went pretty smooth. I'm am going to stop my 3 week tolerance break tomorrow with this vape. I noticed that in the top knob(?) of the heating element (the one closest to the intake) there is a lot of fracturing. Is this normal or not? The rest of the heating element looks pretty flawless.

Jesus christ, why didn't anyone warn me about the Big Buddy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2018
  7. Mozy

Love this thing. 45 sec on big buddy lowest is too hot. the slightest burn. This thing is so easy to learn and it hits you so hard.

8. LabPong

:tup:

With torching.....your water unit and bowl setup will have a good effect on your "possible roasting" issues. You will notice a dark spot in the center of the load if you either had too much heat.....or too much draw pressure used. (i tend to stir after every draw as I am a taste snob at the least...) I see a lot of difference when I switch around to my various sized and types of water units. Sometimes when I switch between them....I have to pause and recall how the draw pressure or time of draw works best for that particular piece of glass. But now since I use a drop down on almost all my rigs.....it has evened out the differences some because of the added volume and more ease to use a slower draw and get better vapor.

A trick I learned here on the board that someone else mentioned, after you torch it....give it 3-5 seconds before you draw on it. Sometimes, especially on the first heating....this is a good technique to use. Also, you can easily learn how hot you just torched it by holding the back of your hand about 3-5 inches from the heater...then remember that amount of heat you feel radiating from the torching and match it with the strength of vapor or amount of vapor that hit got.

Sometimes I totally F up and after a few draws.......I loose my timing on heating it up and can save myself from charring the load by testing the heat with the back of my hand before I draw. Usually I have a harder time on the 2nd...3rd.....4th.....+ draws to get the time of torching just right.

So after you use the Elev8r more.....you will become more in-tune to getting a more consistent torching.

9. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

Why not use a temp gun like with bangers?

10. Mozy

When using it in my bong the heater is about 2 to 3 inches away from my face. Is that a problem?

Can the temprature change from inhaling fresh air thru a hot heater make it chip a piece straight into my face?

11. LabPong

I doubt the glass heater would explode in your face if it is cracked when you use it...but anything can happen. It will probably fall apart from physical movement first if it has a crack in it.

Having the heat so close to your face is one reason why I use drop downs. The added plus of keeping the water unit cleaner longer is one of the biggest plus's otherwise. It may also make your water unit work better.

DHGATE SOURCE

[​IMG]

highasakite, BigJr48 and howie105 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors