• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buds of War

#fueledbyTHC
Hello everyone, I'm soon buying a Elev8r frm 7thFl along with a coil and controller from New Vape, not a fan of having a torch, just need to know what size coil best fits the heater?

4 lap 16mm

you will have to stretch it and you may have to widen it a little. Pliers, flat screwdriver and a cloth will be useful. Be gentle and do a little at a time testing against your heater all the time.

Buds of War,
Reactions: BigJr48

LabPong

OH.......YEA.................I luv's me sum quartz.....dig the glass screen idea but do not mind a regular screen there either.

WOrlHdw.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm soon buying a Elev8r frm 7thFl along with a coil and controller from New Vape, not a fan of having a torch, just need to know what size coil best fits the heater?

You will need a 16mm coil.

I prefer the Auberins RDK-300 and their 16mm coil. I even got one of their 20mm coils to use with my flowerpot. I like the RDK300 much better than the stock NewVape one for a few reasons.
1. It has a built in auto shut off timer.
2. I can set the temps so much easier and quicker.
3. Solid support and service...and in the US.
4. Uses more current industry standard plugs on their coil ends.
5. I like the over all design better and especially the larger display panel that faces up and you can see it better from more angles.

But going with the stock NewVape parts....you get that awesome coil handle!!!!! I love that thing..feels awesome with such a heavy head on the coil. I did make a cool version of it out of some u-shaped metal. Put 2 pieces together with foam around the wire area and pressed it together with masking tape holding it around the outside. Then used some tennis overgrip to give it a sweet suede wrap.

Do I need to stretch out the coil like I've seen most members have?

Maybe only a little bit, go slow and it is not hard actually. Get a large flat head screw driver and just pry gently and evenly around the full coil so the spacing is close all the way around it.

I ended up squishing mine back just a bit. It allowed for smaller heat drops/raises....more consistent temps now.

Last edited:

Alexis

It's interesting that the quartz is smaller in height than the boro version. They know what they're doing. I will definitely be wanting one, though.
The height difference is possibly due to the initial difficulty they had working with quartz.
It makes sense as a possibility that led to the shortened heater, in order to make it viable.
Just my initial thoughts on it but who knows hey?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
That looks like a nice first hit, @duff looks like you got a little more vapor than you could handle. That has happened to me numerous times. It takes a while to get used to the open flow.

Anyway, I have been trying it out with my screen domed and set at the bottom of the frosted part of the bowl, with some unbleached hemp fiber under that. Not a lot of hemp, just enough to filter junk out, and slow the draw just slightly. I prefer it this way I think. Keeps the bowls a little smaller, slightly less heatup, and I enjoy using the wand like this a lot. Makes the vapor much much smoother. 25 sec initial heat up time vs 30 sec, and 10 sec reheat compared to the 15 second reheat time I was using with the screen in the default position.

What a simple vape, but wow. So worth it. It's very powerful, very pure, and very easy and FUN to modify, as it's all glass.

Alexis

Woah heavy Sunday for me guys- 4 Elev8r loads, 5 Omnivap bowls plus edibles. I was do wrecked today still I didnt need or even want to get stoned, didnt vape until 10.30 pm. I was just fully content which is unusul but nice for a change.

Tonight though I had my most enjoyable, comfortable and easy Elev8r session to date, using ths coil.
For some reason I still need to set the temp higher than I want, the coil reads a set % lower at all times, but is othwrwise bang on and steady at those temps in terms of performance and consistency.
I have had to tweak the coil rig a bit searching for the results I want.

I had almost given up a few days ago. It just wasnt working right. Incomplete extraction, never full milk. Long, extended, repeated draws. Anyway, Im not fully sure on how it all came together but tonight I had the absolute best vaping experience I have had in a very long while.
I have found that my setup needs a higher coil temp. Earlier I finished 2 good hits from yesterday's combined loads at 780 coil temp (set temp was about 965).
Then a fresh load below, smaller bowl and lower temp. About 0.19 load size:

Set temp is 775, coil reads 708 steady. Barely moves during hits. This load was amazing. I took very short inhalations to get instant dense milk in seconds. Only a 4 or 5 second draw for a lung full of very smooth and tasty vapor,,every single time. No harshness at all, no wispy hits, eyes closed replication.
When vapor declined, I upped set temp to 800, coil at 727. Finished load quickly and still very smooth. It was all just so effortless and fun.

I was ready to sell my Rdk 300 and coil 2 days ago, but if it keeps performing like this no way Jose!

@Zow237 welcome aboard at last man, you took your time.;)
Make sure you got a suitable torch. And did you see the quartz heaters are due in 2-4 weeks? Lucky dude I bet you have a breakage seeing as your life seems quite eventful haha. Hope not but no biggie now anyway so just relax and enjoy getting to know the Elev8r.
I hope it works out for you not being as aggravating as some other big guns. For me it is unique in its smoothness over such a big temp and hit range. Keep us posted bro.

Alexis

@Alexis i know I took my sweet time getting this vape. I am quite excited yo try this out. I have a 16mm coil ready to go. Now has anyone tried it without the coil being stretched? I see it only being a minimal improvement?
Just get it to fit at first. Leave it tight as you can while still being able to get it on and off without too much difficulty. We still have no actual idea what is best, and if the coils even need to be stretched apart.

But if the coil is too tight to fit the heater, then Im sure it is impossible to increase the ID without stretching the coils a little. See what temps you need to get milk. Vapecritic had his to his liking set at 700, using the stock bowl, and he is a high temp guy.

He was also getting large, up to 30° temp drops during hits, so even lower vaping temps than 700.
My setup needs a higher coil temp reading. I wonder if it is because I got a bit carriee away loosening the coil, and it is a bit uneven/wonky. So it could be a contact with glass issue but I dont know. Boy did it work good tonight though.

Buds of War

#fueledbyTHC
@Alexis i know I took my sweet time getting this vape. I am quite excited yo try this out. I have a 16mm coil ready to go. Now has anyone tried it without the coil being stretched? I see it only being a minimal improvement?
I use a 4 lap 16mm coil with the laps approx 2mm apart which helps with an even heat distribution. my temps range from 675F to 700F.
700F is usually only used in the initial heat up stage.
It appears I use a different PID to most but it does seem to be the dogs bollocks....with remote to lol.
I feel that for myself the set up I have works perfect.
There's so many different variables that everyone who does it this way will have their own perfect set up.
This thing blows my mind everytime i use it!!! BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Alexis

I use a 4 lap 16mm coil with the laps approx 2mm apart which helps with an even heat distribution. my temps range from 675F to 700F.
700F is usually only used in the initial heat up stage.
It appears I use a different PID to most but it does seem to be the dogs bollocks....with remote to lol.
I feel that for myself the set up I have works perfect.
There's so many different variables that everyone who does it this way will have their own perfect set up.
This thing blows my mind everytime i use it!!! BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Yes I have got mine working perfectly now in thatvI have total control over dialing it in, in increments, for the exact vapor density and extraction rate I want.
It is the first time I am actually able to hone in on my preferred temp/draw style etc.

Like actually remembering numbers lol!! Trouble is my coil reads different to the set temp. So I need to remember what set temp corresponds to 717 on coil for example. That was my temp for last bowl. Amazing thick cloud production at will, just like the torch in the power sense.

Draw fast and it plumes into a ferocious gas chamber. Abv is dark, not too dark (nothing like vapcaps).
So Im only just getting to know this vaporizer rig now. I have control of the variables. I can make the car drive as fast or slow as I want. I choose the fuel, speed, passengers etc.

So in this sense it is very much like the top desktops. I have envied a high end vape rig where you have full command over the extraction, with many ways to achieve it. Makes it a lot more fun.
But the top desktops are always going to edge it for ease of use, vs Elev8r coil removal and hot sick clip procedure. Load access/reloading is so much quicker with the Flowerpot, Herbo Ti etc.

Top Bottom