Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

So I have the coil setup here unexpectedly early. @LabPong I did it- I stretched the coils apart good, remembering your tips. I just used some pliers and a rag to first tug at the open end/bottom coil to pull it up, then put a screwdriver in and prized the coils apart right to the top so they were all spaced.
Was a little tight but a good fit, but I wanted is loose enough to be no agro to remove so I did what you said and twisted it out a bit with the pliers.

I actually went a bit far, not by much. It is much easier to stretch it open than the other way round. I tried to tighten it a bit but was wary of deforming the coil alignment.
How did I do? You can mark me out of 10!

Good deal.....you are set to go......blast off at will! haaaa I give you a 8.9 on the bending of the coil. I would of given you a higher score if the lower part was spread just slight more to match the gap of the wraps above it to the end/top. So you would be somewhere around a 9.3+..... :cool:

Good deal on the Jhook....I can not deal with the stock wand and hold it out at a sideways angle of the bowl....so I never got around to using it. A Jhook would get used If I had one. I may order on from 7th floor because I want another one of the nice glass ball pokers.

Alexis

Good deal.....you are set to go......blast off at will! haaaa I give you a 8.9 on the bending of the coil. I would of given you a higher score if the lower part was spread just slight more to match the gap of the wraps above it to the end/top. So you would be somewhere around a 9.3+..... :cool:

Good deal on the Jhook....I can not deal with the stock wand and hold it out at a sideways angle of the bowl....so I never got around to using it. A Jhook would get used If I had one. I may order on from 7th floor because I want another one of the nice glass ball pokers.
Show is being cancelled for now!:cry: Coil isnt working, just no acknowledgement from the controller or any power going to the coil.
I emailed Auber and they replied immediately telling me this:

"-H- is sensor error, which means your coil is bad, coil has different pin assignment or controller is bad.

Please use a multimeter to check the resistance on your coil. If your coil is 220V/100W, you should get 480 Ohms between pin 1 & 2. You should get around 10 Ohms between pin 3 & 4. Otherwise, your coil is bad or your coil has different pin assignment. Please confirm."

They have now told me not to plug the coil in in case the pin configuration is wrong as it may damage the coil or controller. specifically requested the correct pin configuration and voltage when I ordered the coil but maybe they sent me the wrong one?
I don't know where I will find a multimeter to check the coil, maybe an electrical repair shop next week sometime when energy allows.
Bummer! Oh well, torching it is for now.:\

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Show is being cancelled for now!:cry: Coil isnt working, just no acknowledgement from the controller or any power going to the coil.
I emailed Auber and they replied immediately telling me this:

"-H- is sensor error, which means your coil is bad, coil has different pin assignment or controller is bad.

Please use a multimeter to check the resistance on your coil. If your coil is 220V/100W, you should get 480 Ohms between pin 1 & 2. You should get around 10 Ohms between pin 3 & 4. Otherwise, your coil is bad or your coil has different pin assignment. Please confirm."

They have now told me not to plug the coil in in case the pin configuration is wrong as it may damage the coil or controller. specifically requested the correct pin configuration and voltage when I ordered the coil but maybe they sent me the wrong one?
I don't know where I will find a multimeter to check the coil, maybe an electrical repair shop next week sometime when energy allows.
Bummer! Oh well, torching it is for now.:\
Well maybe you have shorted the coil when reshaping it. There is a nichrome wire inside powder which keeps it from touching the metal. Just a thought,i am not an expert. Multimeter can be found in any local electronic/instrument store or ordered online for cheap. :)

Lazy Lighting

So I just gone mine. When the heater is on the vape is completely air tight, am I doing something wrong?

Lazy Lighting,

brucee10

I dropped my heater. Luckily it was super hot. The best part was that it landed on my bare chest. I'm just crossing my fingers that I didn't brand a big hole in my tattoo.

brucee10,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Been really enjoying this setup lately.

BmhucfG.jpg

I don't even use the standard Elev8r anymore. This wand looks cooler and is just easier to deal with IMO. And talk about lung busters without killing your throat....this tamer does the trick! And I love that all I need to do is mate it to the bottom of the tamer stand. You get the benefits of vapor cooling but without stripping the taste while running it through water.

ElPic

Take my money
Playing with my new Elev8r for a week now, and I really love that vape.... taste is pure, you have total control on the extraction.... real cool vape. This thing get me high like a full volcano bag in 2 hits!!!
The only down side I found is that you need a powerful torch with that vape... the dremel torch I use for dabbing for years without problems, take over a minute to heat properly that vape, and I can only take one hit... I have to warm the heater another full 30 seconds before being able to take another good hit!
After reading advice from trusted members on that thread, I order a Blazer Big Buddy yesterday.... hoping to decrease my butane consumption LOL
Still in Honeymoon, but I honestly do not see the point of using any other vape at home after trying this thing... this vape get me high like no other vape I try....
1522439771-71cc3b73-0697-421c-aa23-b51d14b9092c.jpeg

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Playing with my new Elev8r for a week now, and I really love that vape.... taste is pure, you have total control on the extraction.... real cool vape. This thing get me high like a full volcano bag in 2 hits!!!
The only down side I found is that you need a powerful torch with that vape... the dremel torch I use for dabbing for years without problems, take over a minute to heat properly that vape, and I can only take one hit... I have to warm the heater another full 30 seconds before being able to take another good hit!
After reading advice from trusted members on that thread, I order a Blazer Big Buddy yesterday.... hoping to decrease my butane consumption LOL
Still in Honeymoon, but I honestly do not see the point of using any other vape at home after trying this thing... this vape get me high like no other vape I try....
1522439771-71cc3b73-0697-421c-aa23-b51d14b9092c.jpeg
Heya, yeah the Big Buddy works, I've recently been topping up the heater while holding each draw in so it's ready for the next. About 8 seconds will do recharge the heater nicely and no need to put the constant flame mechanism on really. You can really power through a .2 bowl like this, don't forget to shake for perfectly even browness to whatever shade you fancy. Have fun :)

disGRUNTled

After a little over 30 days T-break .Bought an ELEV8R to celebrate with when I came back, did not feel like having crackhead feels .Attached a 16 mm coil (NewVape) set at 685, nice clouds and flavor town out of bounce.GG # 4 strain drinking a Hazy IPA from Southern Swells listening to Drag-On kills mics.
tumblr_p4qdv7X9Bx1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Du8EmcT.jpg

XZibKUP.jpg

2j2vCwS.jpg

Alexis

After a little over 30 days T-break .Bought an ELEV8R to celebrate with when I came back, did not feel like having crackhead feels .Attached a 16 mm coil (NewVape) set at 685, nice clouds and flavor town out of bounce.GG # 4 strain drinking a Hazy IPA from Southern Swells listening to Drag-On kills mics.
tumblr_p4qdv7X9Bx1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Du8EmcT.jpg

XZibKUP.jpg

2j2vCwS.jpg

Hey man, nice one for sharing. Another contented Flowerpotter enters the Elev8r game in style. :rockon:
Can I ask about the coil? I reshaped one with pliers and screwdriver to stretch apart for the heater. Then the coil didn't work. I should have checked it first, it may have already been faulty but I will never know now. I think I was a little too aggressive. I didn't realise the coils were prone to damage this way.

Did you also stretch the coils apart? Maybe just a fraction from your picture? I need to get another coil so I want to have a better idea on how to reshape it this time without damage.

disGRUNTled

Cherry Cookies in the ELEV8R.Tunes provided by Neef Buck.
Gn3tSBr.jpg

dhsmWfZ.jpg

Foe20OB.jpg

Hey man, nice one for sharing. Another contented Flowerpotter enters the Elev8r game in style. :rockon:
Can I ask about the coil? I reshaped one with pliers and screwdriver to stretch apart for the heater. Then the coil didn't work. I should have checked it first, it may have already been faulty but I will never know now. I think I was a little too aggressive. I didn't realise the coils were prone to damage this way.

Did you also stretch the coils apart? Maybe just a fraction from your picture? I need to get another coil so I want to have a better idea on how to reshape it this time without damage.

Yeah mang, I did stretch out the coil with pliers but I was very careful like barely moving it, I did notice it did not take much to stretch it so you have to be careful for sure.I am no expert so whoever wants to chime in can but not sure if stretching a coil back and forth would damage the electrical function. Here are some more pictures of it up close .
iBjOFhz.jpg

RNrNAcT.jpg

Alexis

Gn3tSBr.jpg

dhsmWfZ.jpg

Foe20OB.jpg

Yeah mang, I did stretch out the coil with pliers but I was very careful like barely moving it, I did notice it did not take much to stretch it so you have to be careful for sure.I am no expert so whoever wants to chime in can but not sure if stretching a coil back and forth would damage the electrical function. Here are some more pictures of it up close .
iBjOFhz.jpg

RNrNAcT.jpg
Cheers dude big respect for sharing that. Im just gonna be real gentle next time just in case. It may well havs been a dud coil anyhow, or wrong pin layout. The seller's responses have been far from assuring, regarding their competence.

I like your black Elev8r as well, really smart, possibly my favorite yet.

And a note for all: we have an awsome new mamber to welcome just above, @Vaping Daddy , (welcome bro:tup:). Of interest to many ( @Danksta , @steama included) Vaping Daddy has informed me that quartz heaters are a fair ways off yet, as 7th Floor have found it very challenging to work with.

But at least it sounds like they havent given up, so I say let's all be patient and give @7thFloorVapes all the love they deserve for their amazing service to the community.
It will all be so worth it if they can master it and take this vape up again. :nod:

Last edited:

Vaping Daddy

Gn3tSBr.jpg

dhsmWfZ.jpg

Foe20OB.jpg

iBjOFhz.jpg

RNrNAcT.jpg
this is great, nice1

Alexis

Thanks for that news as I have been wondering about the quartz heaters too. I must say I am very impressed with the boro heater and I am still on my first one with frequent use. Very impressed with how well this little boro heater has held up.

:tup:
Absolutely, likewise! I was saying from the off that the breakages were just unfortunate exceptions, and how mine has seemed solid despite multiple clumsy rolls and bonks.

Remarkably fit for purpose I say. Still, better not tempt fate eh?
I still want quartz of course, for hopefully some extra stabiltiy and maybe improved function. Mostly for peace of mind though with the coil setup. Heat retention etc will be less of a priority with the coil, but thennit may work better. If the quartz does hold and maintain the heat for longer, then it might improve the way the coil and enail work.
Temps do drop during hits from Bud's videos. Maybe the quartz woukd level it out a bit but I dont know? Makes sense as a possibility.

I am quite a bit more nervous for my heater though with a coil setup, in case of accident. Luckily my prize Elev8r heater has a nub too. I will keep that one and buy another from Jah as I need to sell everyhing I can in bundles to afford the Herbo asap.

@disGRUNTled wow your abv looks so clean and fresh still. Especially after such a prolongued session. I bet your T break has taken your enjoyment of the herb to a whole higher level.
You have really helped me get my motivation back to get a coil going. Fuck the Chinese seller Im looking for a resolution with over the coil that didn't work. They can't even give me simple information. Eg.

(Me) "I need left shoelace, I cant use right shoelace LEFT SHOELACE. Is very important- Right shoelace will damage trainers.".

Some days later (seller) "can you check with shoe company which shoelace layout we will check for you?"

Me thinking "I already told you LEFT shoelace 5 times! Is this what you sent me? It doesnt work. I need info please."

The basics seem too much for them, so I found another seller who seems to be on the ball:
"Left shoelace. For left shoe, not right shoe. Yes we understand. We can give you 230V LEFT shoelace.":lol:

My seller wants a photo of the bad coil but reshaped it so cant oblige. Time to cut loss and go elsewhere. Happy Easter Sunday gang.:)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
After a 2 hour session(1 bowl) with enail on the ELEV8R the whole time temps between 685-700 .Very nice flavor the whole time .
tYGrkCy.jpg

What temp does it take on the elev8r + coil to get a big flowerpot style one hitter? Does it need to be around 1000 degrees or so like the Glass Symphony? That looks about 555 on my Showerhead. Still curious about this one!

LabPong

What temp does it take on the elev8r + coil to get a big flowerpot style one hitter? Does it need to be around 1000 degrees or so like the Glass Symphony? That looks about 555 on my Showerhead. Still curious about this one!

This all depends on a few factors...but if you are using the stock bowl configuration....I set my temp to 668F and usually leave the coil on the heater for 40-60 seconds...then draw. Once the glass heater is warmed up some....I only need to put it on about 20-30 seconds and then draw a big huge one.....and a 2nd milder one within 30 seconds if I can.

I have not tried going over 700....but I bet if you set it to like 770F...you can get quick results pending on strain type and dryness amount.

ElPic

Take my money
Bad News for me, I Don’t know if I receive a defective Elev8r, but after only a week or so of using it, I notice a big crack on my heater this morning... I never overheated it.... my small Dremel butane torch is almost too weak to heat it properly anyway, so I really don’t know what I’ve done wrong...
I contact Pete at Vapenorth.ca...
I hope this will be covered...
1522607547-d8735305-8ae1-472f-9d33-12c89df41bbb.jpeg

1522607803-b1b6af97-cc63-4200-945d-83258ce4549d.jpeg

Last edited:
ElPic,
Top Bottom