The Effects of Lecithin in Combination with Cannabis Oil

JRR22611

I don't see any threads concerning my specific question so here it is:

Does lecithin truly make the thc more bio-available or does it just expedite the effects of thc? After writing this I think maybe I answered my own question but I'd like to have the input of others.

In my experience combining lecithin with the oil makes for an edible which effects hit you faster - but leave you sooner; whereas leaving lecithin out of the mix makes for an effect that creeps up on you slowly (sometimes taking an hour or better to kick in) and lasts for half a day or better.
(I use coconut oil)
Does lecithin promote your body to digest the thc faster or does it really make thc more bio-available? Or are these the same things and I've just written a bunch of useless non-sense?
Sorry in advance for my rambling.

C No Ego

I've always seen lecithin used as a carrier of the thc.. since the thc binds in the lecithin lipids your body burns those lipids so the thc along with it. seems lecithin makes a more complete example of whatever mixes it's mixed with for example chocolate and lecithin used to bind the flavors better..
so I think it is because thc alone ( no binding fat) would not bind and burn as quick as thc coated lecithin...

C No Ego,
Reactions: JRR22611

JRR22611

I've always seen lecithin used as a carrier of the thc.. since the thc binds in the lecithin lipids your body burns those lipids so the thc along with it. seems lecithin makes a more complete example of whatever mixes it's mixed with for example chocolate and lecithin used to bind the flavors better..
so I think it is because thc alone ( no binding fat) would not bind and burn as quick as thc coated lecithin...

That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

JRR22611,
Top Bottom