1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The E-Cig party is over

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by randybishop, Apr 13, 2014.

1. randybishop

randybishop Member

2. Skeena

Skeena Standing stone faced like a statue.

They didn't say what brand they tested, or how diluted it was. I bet it was 100% pure.

3. max

max This space available Staff Member

Sure I'll buy that nicotine alone is as bad as smoke containing thousands of chemicals. Makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

4. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Sadly, for many people ecigs are synonomous with vaporizers

randybishop and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  5. stephenpowns

stephenpowns Vape Enthusiast

Read up on this more. They used cells that were already pre-cancerous.

shogem and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  6. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Good god, I was hoping to at least see a decent source of information linked - but VICE? Just stop reading that ridiculous publication. Their fringe coverage used to be decent but now they are just a joke. I recommend reading the actual study abstract instead of that editorialized piece of garbage; and you'll find that this is just another example of yellow journalism on VICE's part.

To quote the study abstract (emphasis mine):

It goes on to explain that a "higher concentration", which is never elaborated upon except to say that it is to represent the anticipated nicotine delivery profile of a cigarette smoker - can cause some malignant transformation when cells are exposed to it for ten days straight.

Even the NATURE article that VICE cites does not support their claims, they write clearly near the end of the article:

Considering that the cells they used were cultures generated from bronchial tissues that had already exhibited cancerous mutations, anyone trying to use this study to support an absolute assertion one way or the other is full of shit.

The only thing I agree with that writer on is that there is a real need for more research on this topic. Too bad all the researchers are hesitant to release their findings now because they know all these so called journalists are going to twist their work any way they please.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    shogem, HerbalHealing, Magic9 and 6 others like this.
  7. max

max This space available Staff Member

They are vaporizers. Just like the mj variety, they use heat to produce vapor and avoid smoke. Hopefully the term 'e-cig' will stick so that 'mj' doesn't have to be added to 'vaporizer' in order to convey the proper meaning.

SSVUN~YAH and smokum like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors