• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dr Dabber Pen

Chill Dude

Just heard my Aura has arrived at my house! I'm heading home from the airport now and was wondering if the pen comes charged? I'm excited to give it a whirl right when I get home.. I have 3G's of prime shatter to run through it, but not all of it tonight Haha

Chill Dude,

Chill Dude

So I had a chance to try out my Aura last night and I'm really liking it so far. I went with the dual Quartz atomizer and loaded about .1g onto the coils. With the deep dish, I found loading a little more challenging than loading my VB Dabbler.. The next time I think I'll refrigerate my concentrate prior to loading. I think if your product is more solid it would be much easier and less messy because you could roll a little ball with your fingers and simply drop it onto the coils..What type of concentrate is the easiest to load in these deep seated atomizers?

I have to say I'm a big fan of low temp dabbing. I found the Aura at the lowest and medium settings provides great tasting and smooth vapor with medium sized clouds. I was actually surprised at how much smoother and tastier the vapor was in comparison to the VB Dabbler which runs a little hot and tends to burn the oil and makes me cough and is very irritating to my throat. I found that holding the button down for 7 or 8 seconds was the sweet spot for tasty, smooth vapor..and no coughing:tup:

The use of magnetic connections is a brilliant idea! So easy... No more hassle of screwing parts together with oil bunked up threads..

I can't wait to try the other included atomizers.. The ceramic halo and the double coil ceramic rods..The Aura gives the user plenty of atomizer options for a wide range of user desires.

The Aura is a top line pen with all the bells and whistles. I Highly reccomend this pen!

@Dr.Dabber I'm used to using lower quality pens that do not have the deep seated coils so you basically can only load say .1g at a time. Obviously the Aura could easily hold at least .4g of oil. Can you load .4g and use it over say 2 days without any leaking or mess? I guess I'm worried that if I finish a session and store it on its side that oil would leak out and make a mess.. Should I wait a little time for the oil to harden up after a session before laying on its side or it doesn't matter? It would be great if I could load a larger amount and hit it over a day or two. Your thoughts??

Chill Dude,

Goodfella

My Aura is waiting for me at home. First post - just joined. Great information on this site!

I have a Stokk R pen so really looking forward to trying out dual coils and the ceramic option. I was close to getting the Evolve pen but decided to spend a little more for this one with the multiple options.

I am considering bumping up to a MOD system soon but I am anxious to get home and test out my new Aura!

Chill Dude

My Aura is waiting for me at home. First post - just joined. Great information on this site!

I have a Stokk R pen so really looking forward to trying out dual coils and the ceramic option. I was close to getting the Evolve pen but decided to spend a little more for this one with the multiple options.

I am considering bumping up to a MOD system soon but I am anxious to get home and test out my new Aura!

That's great! Chime in on this thread when you get a chance to actually use it..I'm really happy with the performance so far...

@Fkn0wned too bad about your Boost. I understand your concern with the melted plastic. Good to know they're using heat resistant ceramic now! I'd love to buy a Boost soon, but decided to buy the new Aura Pen first and it doesn't dissapoint...

I guess the Doctor has been out of the office for a while and he's certainly not making FC house calls. You have a sick Boost and need a Doctor ASAP! Hopefully the doctor will be back soon and get you get your replacement..

Chill Dude,

Fkn0wned

Yeah It's all good I just hope they chime in soon because I wanted to be able to use the new ceramic base unit but alas I was sent the wrong stuff.

I'll take it but I still need a unit to use!

Fkn0wned,

Goodfella

Really digging it so far, lowest temp and ceramic donut atty is my favorite setup so far for what I have. I like the deep chamber but definitely need to freeze the goods for easier filling . I wasn't too crazy about the taste of the other two atty's but I'll use them more to test more. Love the construction and the magnetic components but can't use 510 threaded anything so no subbing in a different battery....that's the only neg so far.

Goodfella,

BigJohnny

Got my Aura today. Ive only ever used a Cloud Evo with the glass nails for dabbing before but I wanted something portable and stealthy. I must say, with not having a clue what to expect, and in all honestly I was readying myself for disappointment but quite the opposite, I already love it. As above, the lowest temp withthe doughnut produces really tasty hits of vapour. The way it magnetically clicks together is strangly joyful and satisfying.

My only small gripe if I'm being picky, is the button sticks out a bit too much and the shape of it makes it feel a bit sharp and unfinished. While I realise it's in the shape of the company logo, it could do with smoother edges. But if that's the only problem then it's not going to affect me really.

rafarquhar

got an aura in the mail today, pretty satisfied. i haven't tried many vape pens, usually use a torch and banger at low temp.

i really like the magnetic seals and the quartz lined atomizers. for 85 shipped I thought it would be a solid start that I wouldn't regret upgrading in the future if I use it a lot. I think the pen took about an hour to charge? Maybe more.

The donut atomizer worked very well for distillate/clear. I used the quartz rods for shatter. Seemed to work well. Tomorrow I plan on taking it on a long hike so maybe I'll learn more about it then

Goodfella

A couple of notes after a weekend of usage.

The battery doesn't hold a charge for as long as I would like. I was able to add a larger battery to my other pen due to the 510 threading and can't do that here. Small complaint.

I have had leaking down to the battery from using the ceramic donut atty. That one is still my favorite.

One thing I did like about the other pen i had is the clear chamber that you could see into and see the puffs building. Overall I like it a lot though. I may have to buy a 2nd one now because my wife prefers it to her stokk too. I feel like a pen is personal and I don't like passing it back and forth so I may have to get another.

AVENTUS

I have had leaking down to the battery from using the ceramic donut atty. That one is still my favorite.
1. How bad were the leaks ?

2. Did you ever have the button pressed down while not pulling air thru it ?

3. How high on the Quartz walls are the airflow vents ?

4. Was it leaking thru the sidewall airflow vents ? Or from holes underneath the halo ?

Goodfella

1. How bad were the leaks ?

2. Did you ever have the button pressed down while not pulling air thru it ?

3. How high on the Quartz walls are the airflow vents ?

4. Was it leaking thru the sidewall airflow vents ? Or from holes underneath the halo ?

1 - The leak leaves the battery top globbed up a bit but still working so far. it is enough that if I could scrape it out I could reuse it.

2 - I might press the button a few moments before I draw on it but not very long....this is where I miss the see thru aspect.....maybe a bad habit formed by watching it first....

3 - I will have to check this - I am at work now and can't look. Airflow has been fine.

4 - if I had to guess it is coming from underneath the halo...maybe i need another one?

AVENTUS

1 - The leak leaves the battery top globbed up a bit but still working so far. it is enough that if I could scrape it out I could reuse it.

2 - I might press the button a few moments before I draw on it but not very long....this is where I miss the see thru aspect.....maybe a bad habit formed by watching it first....

3 - I will have to check this - I am at work now and can't look. Airflow has been fine.

4 - if I had to guess it is coming from underneath the halo...maybe i need another one?
1. That's too bad about the leak, I was very excited for this pen, and would appreciate if anyone else has used this and encountered leaks?

2. Yeah, most pens with any airflow from beneath the coil, really waste concentrate and get clogged when heated without air being pulled thru at the same time. I never press the button unless I'm pulling.

Chill Dude

No leaks so far. However, I've found that if you load more than say .25g you will end up sucking some oil into the upper chamber. I had to remove with a toothpick and then reload. Going forward I'll stick with .2g or less..

@AVENTUS yes, the air hole appears to be slightly lower than the coils..and I have had minor clogging from time to time. I typically press the button for three seconds prior to drawing, I didn't know you're not supposed to do that. Maybe that's why I've had some clogging issues.. I thought it was from loading too much oil. I don't have too much pen experience. Thanks for the heads up..

Edit: I've only used the double coil Quartz so far and I really like the taste and vapor quality. Very smooth with no burning of your product:tup:

Chill Dude,

Goodfella

I charged my battery and when I reconnected it the atty wouldn't fire up due to the excessive gunk.

If this is only supposed to take .2 g then the chamber shouldn't be so large.

I am not sure if the Dr Dabber ppl still post in this thread but I will probably contact them through the website - I am not too happy with this leaking which is a shame because I am pretty happy with other aspects of this pen. the ease of switching atty's the choices are all great and the taste is much better than my stokk...

But if this leakage is just par for the course and not an anomaly then that is not good IMO.

I had to wipe everything clean with rubbing alcohol to get it working again.

Also I see a yellow wire when I look at the battery from the top. Odd that isn't all sealed up I think.

Last edited:
Goodfella,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
I charged my battery and when I reconnected it the atty wouldn't fire up due to the excessive gunk.

If this is only supposed to take .2 g then the chamber shouldn't be so large.

I am not sure if the Dr Dabber ppl still post in this thread but I will probably contact them through the website - I am not too happy with this leaking which is a shame because I am pretty happy with other aspects of this pen. the ease of switching atty's the choices are all great and the taste is much better than my stokk...

But if this leakage is just par for the course and not an anomaly then that is not good IMO.

I had to wipe everything clean with rubbing alcohol to get it working again.

Also I see a yellow wire when I look at the battery from the top. Odd that isn't all sealed up I think.
That is odd about the battery and leakage... We would be happy to look into it for you. Please email info@drdabber.com
as far as the atomizer getting a little sticky on the magnet connection. That is normal as with any threading atomizer, the only difference on the magnetic a quick wipe with iso will clean it off as apposed to the threading which gets gunked up and then hard to clean.

Dr.Dabber,

Goodfella

That is odd about the battery and leakage... We would be happy to look into it for you. Please email info@drdabber.com
as far as the atomizer getting a little sticky on the magnet connection. That is normal as with any threading atomizer, the only difference on the magnetic a quick wipe with iso will clean it off as apposed to the threading which gets gunked up and then hard to clean.
Thanks! Will email you now!

Goodfella,

rafarquhar

very satisfied with mine so far. the donut atomizer is great.

only problem I've had so far is that I don't understand the battery charging. The first time I tried to charge, the charger had a dim red led and the pen didn't light up. Now the pen lights up. If I try to push the pen harder onto the charger, the charging light turns green. And then sometimes when I plug it in, the charger has a dim led but the pen doesn't light up. basically it's really inconsistent and I don't know which is correct.

Got to taste some really great jillybean yesterday and the pen carried the flavor through very well.

rafarquhar,

Goodfella

I am now getting some oozing out of the vent holes - first time that has happened.

I LOVE the taste out of this pen but some of these issues are annoying. I may switch the atty and see if I am still having the same issues although I like the ceramic one the best.

Goodfella,

Chill Dude

@Goodfella What was the consistency of the concentrate you were using when you noticed leaking into the battery area? It seems to me that concentrate with a very thin liquid like consistency would be more likely to leak. I only use high grade shatter and wax and havnt experienced any leaking..

Do you guys ever clean your atomizers, or do you just keep reloading with oil until the atty has ran its course and then dispose of it? if I can run 7 or 8 grams through an atty without cleaning or a decrease in performance, that's a win to me! IDK.. To me cleaning seems like more hassle than it's worth...

Overall, I'm real happy with the taste and vapor quality of the Aura! The oil doesn't burn like on other pens, but I really can't tell the difference between the various heat settings. They all seem to produce the same tasty vapor with small to medium clouds.

Chill Dude,

Goodfella

Currently it is more wax than shatter so maybe a little thinner when hot. Didn't notice leaking with the other atty's just the ceramic one currently. The amount of reclaim that is on the battery is quite a bit more than I got with my other pen. Using the ceramic one today no leaks yet.

Still really digging the flavor though. What is the downside to ceramic because it really seems far superior in taste?

Goodfella,

Chill Dude

So I finally got around to using the ceramic donut atomizer.. The taste is fantastic, but I notice very little vapor on the exhale. Seems to medicate well though.. Anyone else notice very light vapor with the ceramic donut? I've tried it on all three heat levels and still very light vapor, in fact, some hits I don't see any vapor at all on exhale.. It tastes great and I get lifted, but kind of miss the denser vapor I get from the other two atomizer.. Oh yeah, I do a fairly long 10 second pull. Any Aura owners want to chime on on which atomizer you like best and why??

Chill Dude,
Reactions: FlyingLow

Fkn0wned

Fkn0wned,
Top Bottom