The Dr Dabber Pen

al bundy

Vaporist
What the difference between the dr dabber ghost and the dabber light?
Are the batteries the only difference?

al bundy,

jumanji

It sounds to me as if you didn't get all the 'resin' type material out and it's not ISO that's in there any more. Heat and air will dissipate the ISO and it's been several days since you did it.

My feeling is that since you used 70% ISO there might be some water in there. I would just continue trying to burn off the residue in there. And try to buy some 91% for any future endeavors.

But frankly? I repeat; the best way to keep your atty clean is to not overload it in the first place. Putting in smaller amounts and vaping till gone keeps your atty clean for a good long time. You may just be due for a new one.

well when I try to burn off the residue, it smells foul almost like rubbing alcohol, so im sure alcohol is embedded in the shatter residue.

the current atomizer I have has turned black. like when i vape stuff now, it turns to this black gunk. not sure if it is caused by the LHO concentrate or things are burning. It doesn't feel like burnt taste but sometimes it tastes like shit.

fuck I don't know how I can clean this atomizer. its gotten sticky at the screws. its becoming a nightmare.

videos would help. I don't know how to get the atomizer completely clean....do you leave it in the rubbing alcohol for days?

jumanji,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@jumanji I don't know that these atomizers are meant to actually be cleaned. That would be a question best posed to @Dr.Dabber. I have never cleaned any of mine. The only time I've ever had build up that gets black like that is when I've overloaded the pen multiple times. I suppose it could be the product, but I really don't know. :shrug:

My feeling is if your atty is that dirty it's probably time for a new one.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: smokum

al bundy

Vaporist
Is the Light smaller as in smaller battery?
Smaller cool? Will the globe fit the Dabber light?

al bundy,

jumanji

anyone with insight on how ot clean it?

there is just black gunk in the atomizer now....fuck i hope vaping from this shit doesn't cause harm.

the tastes not that bad but just the black gunk freaks me out.

the other atomizer smells like shit....although its cleaner....i put it in some water so that the bad smell would fade.

so far I can see dr dabber is not going to be sustainable. For the exact same price I paid for dr dabber I am building a mod.

jumanji,

jumanji

hey guys,

so the black gunk is happening again.

it tastes awful. is it healthy to continue using it like this?

the coil is black. will isopropyl wash it off?

jumanji,

al bundy

Vaporist
From the dr dabber
http://www.drdabber.com/faq

We recommend immersing your atomizer in isopropyl alcohol for 20-30 minutes to clean the chamber. Avoid leaving it any longer than this, as it will damage the matte finish on the outside of the atomizer. Once you remove the atomizer from the alcohol, shake excess alcohol off, then reattach to your battery and press the button to vaporize any remaning alcohol. Do NOT use the loading tool to clean or scrape the inside of your atomizer, as it is very easy to catch the wick/coil and tear it out of its connectors. This will render the atomizer useless immediately. For your globe attachment, we recommend Formula 420. Check out the Doctor’s Office for video tutorials on how to clean the Ghost pen and the Globe attachment

Last edited:

jumanji

hey guys so I read that Dr dabber uses glass fiber for wick instead of cotton.

I'm potentially concerned about this. I've been using the dr dabber pen for the past two month, have two atomizers with blackened coil and gunked up. I've been coughing like crazy when using it and after having used it.

When I used it, it produced ashy taste.

It's been a few days since my last use and the coughing and throat clearing has gone down.

However, I'm just really concrned that they would use glass fibre over cotton and that its making me cough so much.

jumanji,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@jumanji this is the second time you've come on with a question that really should be directed to @Dr.Dabber . He is the only one who can explain his manufacturing process; not the members. Please tag him in your questions.

momofthegoons,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
@Dr.Dabber doesn't seem active on this thread, I keep posting here because I'm not getting any response. Hope he can answer
Sorry for the late response.. We have recently released a ghost atomizer with a ceramic core which may be more to your liking. As far as an ashy taste that may just come down to you hitting a dry coil or the product loaded inside. If you feel that it is in fact an issue with your atomizer feel free to contact our customer service team who is always happy to help in a timely fashion (info@drdabber.com) Hope we can help out!

jumanji

Sorry for the late response.. We have recently released a ghost atomizer with a ceramic core which may be more to your liking. As far as an ashy taste that may just come down to you hitting a dry coil or the product loaded inside. If you feel that it is in fact an issue with your atomizer feel free to contact our customer service team who is always happy to help in a timely fashion (info@drdabber.com) Hope we can help out!

thanks for that. is there a risk of rusting with the dr dabber atomizer? I bought it a few months ago. After I cleaned it with alcohol and rinsed it in water, I just left it to dry.....fuck I'm going paranoid here.

jumanji,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Dr Dabber is running a 25% off sale this weekend (until Sunday night). Code is DABMERICA

I usually take advantage of this to get a multi pack of the atty's. Has anyone tried the new ceramic core one yet?

Last edited:
momofthegoons,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I bit the bullet and bought a 5 pack of the ceramic atty's to give them a try.

unless one over loads the chamber.
That is the number one problem imo. If you keep the load small an atty will last a long time. However, overload it and the 'black gunk' happens pretty quick.

Btw, the sale has been extended until Wednesday because of the problems they had with the discount code.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: smokum

reskey

That is the number one problem imo. If you keep the load small an atty will last a long time. However, overload it and the 'black gunk' happens pretty quick.

We need some new technology to solve the black gunk! i've never sunk my atty in alcohol. I normally just flip them over after taking the little o-ring off and torch. No idea if that was a bad idea?

reskey,

jumanji

We need some new technology to solve the black gunk! i've never sunk my atty in alcohol. I normally just flip them over after taking the little o-ring off and torch. No idea if that was a bad idea?

the black gunk is inevitable even with smaller loads, the attys are not designed to last more than a few weeks tops. dipping it in alcohol and cleaning it won't do anything.

yeah unfortunately I gave up on dr dabber altogether, all the parts like battery, mouthpiece, atomizer could be found for waaaay cheaper on fasttech where as dr dabber charges $15 per atomizer almost a 10x markup. non sustainable.

Considering how fast these attys are gone if you use it on a daily basis, it's not economically feasible.

My repeated concerns about health which has so far been unaswered by dr dabber is that it causes coughing. the worst is that after using it, I've developed deep dry coughing that became chronic. it's been over a week and it's gotten better but during this time I was coughing like crazy after taking hits, and many days after, sputum, dry coughs, not worth getting high for. the product is from a dispensary so I know it's good since I used it on a rig and it was smooth with no coughing except when I used it in dr dabber so.

Just go on to fasttech and order the parts instead, you get the same thing but at far less prices, and the coughing this thing causes and high cost of attys sucks. also consider that the high from wax pens aren't very good (get more ripped from smoking an AAA joint) since they are low powered and dr dabber is no exception. take a look at mechanical mods which produce a lot more vapor and smooth hits at roughly the same cost as buying a dr dabber.

Overhyped at best, I wish I knew about fasttech sooner, I'd never bought into the marketing. It's a good first step but an expensive lesson. Do your own research first.

Last edited:
jumanji,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
the attys are not designed to last more than a few weeks tops.
This statement just isn't true. I've had the same atty going on a month and a half now and I use my pen daily.

non sustainable.
Considering how fast these attys are gone if you use it on a daily basis, it's not economically feasible.

For you.

I can appreciate that this pen may not be for you, but some of the things you are saying are approaching company bashing. Thank you for your input but since this pen is not for you, and you have other ideas for what will work for you, take it to another thread.

jumanji

Warning point issued for name calling and continued negative posting.
meh, I almost anticipated some fan boy to jump in.

I'm sure there's ton of people here who'd appreciate not paying 10x the market price your highness for the same atty on fasttech or that dr dabber is using the same parts found for far cheaper prices, rebranding it and marking it up. Not that anything wrong with that but this isn't the only waxpen nor the most efficient solution. If you don't believe me just hop over there yourself and see the prices.

so pump your fist all you want, it means little to me. :)

I'm just going to leave it up to whoever is reading this to do some research first and if you still want it go for it.

jumanji,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
meh, I almost anticipated some fan boy to jump in.

I'm sure there's ton of people here who'd appreciate not paying 10x the market price your highness for the same atty on fasttech or that dr dabber is using the same parts found for far cheaper prices, rebranding it and marking it up. Not that anything wrong with that but this isn't the only waxpen nor the most efficient solution. If you don't believe me just hop over there yourself and see the prices.

so pump your fist all you want, it means little to me. :)

I'm just going to leave it up to whoever is reading this to do some research first and if you still want it go for it.
:uhh:
First off, I am not a "fanboy" and your calling me "your highness" is insulting. I am a staff member here who is telling you to knock it off.

And, since you are incapable of that you have earned a warning point.

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
11424583_832563700164457_539327964_n.jpg

NO CODE NEEDED! Take advantage of this great deal all weekend!

Dr.Dabber,
Reactions: Koby
Top Bottom