The Dr Dabber Pen

JtheOtter

I can't edit my cart on the website. I've been trying to order since Sunday. I want the full prescription bundle and the carrying case.

Now when I attempted to place an order from a different computer I see that the 15% off promo code won't work. It worked Sunday but the poor site wouldn't allow me to make changes to my cart.

So how can I edit my cart and place an order via the drdabber website.

Really really poor experience. I hope this can be rectified.

JtheOtter,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@JtheOtter I'm not sure if Dr. Dabber is still running the Spring Break special or not... but I haven't had any problems with their website at all. I just went on and did a 'test run' and had no problems with my cart.

My suggestion would be to private message Dr. Dabber here on the forum and see if you can get something worked out. I'm sure he'll take care of you. It's a great company.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: CHIDOY

JtheOtter

@JtheOtter I'm not sure if Dr. Dabber is still running the Spring Break special or not... but I haven't had any problems with their website at all. I just went on and did a 'test run' and had no problems with my cart.

My suggestion would be to private message Dr. Dabber here on the forum and see if you can get something worked out. I'm sure he'll take care of you. It's a great company.

Thanks for the response.

I contacted DD regarding this and they were able to provide me with a coupon code to use to receive the spring break discount, which was much appreciated.

how were you able to remove items from your cart?

I wasn't able to on an iPad and ended up using my phone to order it. Kind of a pain.

JtheOtter,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Thanks for the response.

I contacted DD regarding this and they were able to provide me with a coupon code to use to receive the spring break discount, which was much appreciated.

how were you able to remove items from your cart?

I wasn't able to on an iPad and ended up using my phone to order it. Kind of a pain.
We recently upgraded our page to an easier onestep checkout process based on customer requests. Still working out some of the kinks and you should be able to edit your cart within 24 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

glynix

Just ordered a Dr.Dabber full prescription bundle and also a small honey mat. Hope it gets here asap, can't wait! Also, just renewed my MMJ card. Thanks tax return ;)

hashkin

i have a quesion about the atomizer.

1. is it ok that the wiic has moved around? its not sitting like it first did, one side has come down a little.

2. when the coil has gone white, does that mean ive over vaped and burnt all the wax off?

hashkin,

HappyDabber

Quick question guys! Im in need of a new charger asap and Im not sure if any charger should do? I have a kangertech charger here but not sure if it could affect my battery! Let me know, please and thanks (:

HappyDabber,

glynix

Hey just got my dr dabber and I love it. I think I might have clogged the globe though because it burns wax but no big clouds of smoke. I tried to use a paperclip in bottom of atomizer but no luck, still same issue. Any advice on how to fix the globe would be appreciated. Thanks all

glynix,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Hey just got my dr dabber and I love it. I think I might have clogged the globe though because it burns wax but no big clouds of smoke. I tried to use a paperclip in bottom of atomizer but no luck, still same issue. Any advice on how to fix the globe would be appreciated. Thanks all
email info@drdabber.com and i'm sure we can help you out!

Dr.Dabber,
A lot of people make that mistake, even I did. With the Dabber, less is definitely more. If you drown the wick, it will affect vapor production, bringing it down to almost nothing.
At the Dr Dabber booth I got my pen at, the guys demoing the ghost said to load "about a grain of rice" on it, which I have seen since as the recc'd payload.

@hashkin it's possible you burnt the silica on that first atty -- happened to my first atty in the kit from poor instruction on how to use. We were using it with four people drawing on it the full length until battery time-out. Since then, I find it works best if I give it a warm-up hit of about 3sec, then 2 seconds off, 2 sec on, 2 sec off, until my lungs are at capacity. I end up with a nice tasty vapor, and decent sized, cool clouds.

I also find that if I cleaned my atty every couple of days, and stuck to reloading the grain of rice sized hit every session (1-2 hits, tops), I had gleaming white wicks all the time, and tasty hits. The two main killers here are re-vaping stuff from the bottom of the chamber (load less, you'll lose less) and not cleaning regularly. Re-vaping oil that has dripped off the coil makes monetary sense, but always seems to leave my coils looking like a barbecue grill. As for cleaning regularly -- its always easier to do a minor cleaning than a major one. Alcohol dissolves oil, not charcoal, so it's kind of a bitch to get clean once it's noticeably dirty. If you avoid buildup, these atomizers last much longer.

Keep the awful dab tool included in the kit away from your atomizer. Thing feels like it was designed to rip the coil out.

Also, always keep drawing after you release the button, theirs often a little more vapor chambered than you think.

At the Dr Dabber booth I got my pen at, the guys demoing the ghost said to load "about a grain of rice" on it, which I have seen since as the recc'd payload.

@hashkin it's possible you burnt the silica on that first atty -- happened to my first atty in the kit from poor instruction on how to use. We were using it with four people drawing on it the full length until battery time-out. Since then, I find it works best if I give it a warm-up hit of about 3sec, then 2 seconds off, 2 sec on, 2 sec off, until my lungs are at capacity. I end up with a nice tasty vapor, and decent sized, cool clouds.

I also find that if I cleaned my atty every couple of days, and stuck to reloading the grain of rice sized hit every session (1-2 hits, tops), I had gleaming white wicks all the time, and tasty hits. The two main killers here are re-vaping stuff from the bottom of the chamber (load less, you'll lose less) and not cleaning regularly. Re-vaping oil that has dripped off the coil makes monetary sense, but always seems to leave my coils looking like a barbecue grill. As for cleaning regularly -- its always easier to do a minor cleaning than a major one. Alcohol dissolves oil, not charcoal, so it's kind of a bitch to get clean once it's noticeably dirty. If you avoid buildup, these atomizers last much longer.

Keep the awful dab tool included in the kit away from your atomizer. Thing feels like it was designed to rip the coil out.

Also, always keep drawing after you release the button, theirs often a little more vapor chambered than you think.
Cleaned w/ 91% ISO bath today instead of Everclear. Yuck. Did a number on the paint in under 3 hrs (just flecks coming off, but yuck), whereas Everclear overnight had never done anything to my other atomizer, or this one previously. Just a heads up -- 95% grain alcohol seems easier on the Dabber paint job.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do these compare to the eleven pen or the kiss carts? i hear most people like wickless coils.
KISS carts are rebuildable and machined from some fly aluminum alloy (maybe 6061? They claim aircraft grade, so that seems most likely) that makes them light, but durable. They use no solder or glue, but the stupid 601 threading (coarse threads, harder to strip or damage) requires a thread adapter if you're attaching to a 510 battery, and looks dumb (can't seem to find a properly sized vanity ring to hide the wackiness).

Dabbler and Dr dabber use a heavier metal for their body. I dunno about the new vb11, but the Dr Dabber has the skillet epoxied in place, uses solder and coated wires in the atomizer, and a silica wick, and sucks air in from the underside through all that :(

Vb11 is closer to the KISS carts, in that it uses a white ceramic rod wick, but I believe it's still epoxied in place, based on someone telling me their 3-in-1 heater skillet doesn't move around like their KISS cart. Not sure about solder, etc.

Silica wick definitely holds product in place a tiny bit more than the white ceramic, but, having burnt these wicks, I'd go ceramic. Personal suggestion would be the W9 globe (can be 510/510 ego/601/601 ego threaded, so no yucky aesthetics), with a Ti cart (comes w/ black wick, which is definitely an upgrade over white ceramic rod).

Vbros' new to globe heater looks really similar, and comes w/ a Ti coil standard, so it's probably a viable alternative if the $10 extra for going Ti @ w9tech is a deal breaker.

All that said, the Dr Dabber was my first pen, and I got it because it worked better than the ones I'd tried/seen in the past. The issue at this point is that vape pen tech is evolving, and Dr Dabber seems to be going nowhere.

Last edited:
ragnorokk,

hashkin

KISS carts are rebuildable and machined from some fly aluminum alloy (maybe 6061? They claim aircraft grade, so that seems most likely) that makes them light, but durable. They use no solder or glue, but the stupid 601 threading (coarse threads, harder to strip or damage) requires a thread adapter if you're attaching to a 510 battery, and looks dumb (can't seem to find a properly sized vanity ring to hide the wackiness).

Dabbler and Dr dabber use a heavier metal for their body. I dunno about the new vb11, but the Dr Dabber has the skillet epoxied in place, uses solder and coated wires in the atomizer, and a silica wick, and sucks air in from the underside through all that :(

Vb11 is closer to the KISS carts, in that it uses a white ceramic rod wick, but I believe it's still epoxied in place, based on someone telling me their 3-in-1 heater skillet doesn't move around like their KISS cart. Not sure about solder, etc.

Silica wick definitely holds product in place a tiny bit more than the white ceramic, but, having burnt these wicks, I'd go ceramic. Personal suggestion would be the W9 globe (can be 510/510 ego/601/601 ego threaded, so no yucky aesthetics), with a Ti cart (comes w/ black wick, which is definitely an upgrade over white ceramic rod).

Vbros' new to globe heater looks really similar, and comes w/ a Ti coil standard, so it's probably a viable alternative if the $10 extra for going Ti @ w9tech is a deal breaker.

All that said, the Dr Dabber was my first pen, and I got it because it worked better than the ones I'd tried/seen in the past. The issue at this point is that vape pen tech is evolving, and Dr Dabber seems to be going nowhere.

i see. i actually have the dr dabber because its available in the uk and incan get next day delivery for any atomizers. might go with the omicron mini. how about the source orb single coil wickless? ive heard its very similar to the kiss carts.

hashkin,
i see. i actually have the dr dabber because its available in the uk and incan get next day delivery for any atomizers. might go with the omicron mini. how about the source orb single coil wickless? ive heard its very similar to the kiss carts.
I hear the same thing, but I could see for sure that the source stuff uses a wire mesh/epoxy combo to fill in the gap around the skillet, the way Dr Dabber does. Wanted to try the Terra, but saw that and figured I'd just wait for the new w9tech 1701 donuts to come out later this year, and picked up a Divine Tribe donut v2 for the meantime. His v3 will come out eventually, and also need some first party information gathering ;)

Basically the source, Dr Dabber, and Dabbler/vb11 all seem like the same rebranded stuff, except source has more options and Dr Dabber is the only one with silica wick ONLY.

ragnorokk,

hashkin

I hear the same thing, but I could see for sure that the source stuff uses a wire mesh/epoxy combo to fill in the gap around the skillet, the way Dr Dabber does. Wanted to try the Terra, but saw that and figured I'd just wait for the new w9tech 1701 donuts to come out later this year, and picked up a Divine Tribe donut v2 for the meantime. His v3 will come out eventually, and also need some first party information gathering ;)

Basically the source, Dr Dabber, and Dabbler/vb11 all seem like the same rebranded stuff, except source has more options and Dr Dabber is the only one with silica wick ONLY.

does all this matter? coz i dont really care what holds it in place as long as it doesnt melt or fall apart.

also dr dabber said they were working on a new pen, any news? coz the dr dabber feels kind of out dated now.

Last edited:
hashkin,
does all this matter? coz i dont really care what holds it in place as long as it doesnt melt or fall apart.

also dr dabber said they were working on a new pen, any news? coz the dr dabber feels kind of out dated now.
That's up to you, whether you care. I quit smoking cigarettes cause they're awful for me, so to me "smoking" electronics isn't necessarily great either -- I'm trying not to heat up and inhale things that will be an issue later in life. Simply drawing the air in another way would probably be a simple enough solution for my tastes, but others might be upset it's in there at all. The silica wick should matter to everyone, though. Fiberglass is wack to smoke.

ragnorokk,

hashkin

That's up to you, whether you care. I quit smoking cigarettes cause they're awful for me, so to me "smoking" electronics isn't necessarily great either -- I'm trying not to heat up and inhale things that will be an issue later in life. Simply drawing the air in another way would probably be a simple enough solution for my tastes, but others might be upset it's in there at all. The silica wick should matter to everyone, though. Fiberglass is wack to smoke.

well i still smoke cigs so im not going to moan about some wick. its certainly better than smoking cigs thats for sure.

i emailed dr dabber yesterday, they are working on new atomizers. they said it will fit the ghost battery, im assuming these will be wickless. hoopefully they will be ready in a couple months.

hashkin,
well i still smoke cigs so im not going to moan about some wick. its certainly better than smoking cigs thats for sure.

i emailed dr dabber yesterday, they are working on new atomizers. they said it will fit the ghost battery, im assuming these will be wickless. hoopefully they will be ready in a couple months.
Their coil seems to do a fine job of making tasty vapor, would be nice to see them upgraded to stay competitive. Also, that skillet needs a redesign, so hopefully that's part of the plan. It's just a bucket for liquefied oil to pool in, currently. It would be nice if more oil was vaporized and less lost to the bottom of skillet.
theres always the vaporbros 3-in-1 heater as well; Ti coil, ceramic wick.

ragnorokk,

hashkin

Their coil seems to do a fine job of making tasty vapor, would be nice to see them upgraded to stay competitive. Also, that skillet needs a redesign, so hopefully that's part of the plan. It's just a bucket for liquefied oil to pool in, currently. It would be nice if more oil was vaporized and less lost to the bottom of skillet.

theres always the vaporbros 3-in-1 heater as well; Ti coil, ceramic wick.

you mean the eleven pen atomizers? thats not available in the uk i dont think. but i have found i supplier in the eu for kiss carts.

hashkin,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have just deleted several off topic posts. Please take any non- Dr. Dabber discussion to PMs or appropriate threads.

Thanks.

:peace:

Stu,

hashkin

i have been using a dr dabber globe for a couple days and ive just noticed inside the globe there are tiny pieces of hairs everywhere. its the wick its all inside the globe. that means if its getting into the globe its getting into me. i think im done with the dr dabber,i cant be inhaling wick

hashkin,

glynix

I hear a lot of people say that the drdabber uses old style atomizers. Could someone elaborate on why this is exactly, maybe because of the wick? Do we plan to get some dual coil options in the future? Personally I need fatter rips. I've been using another brand pen for dual coil dabs, but also using my drdabber as my on the go pen. The flavor with the dr is nice though.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I have had to contact customer service from drdabber in the past and they were quick and helful if any potential buyers are curious of that.

glynix,

Burken

I will probably buy my own unit within the next couple of days, in the end it is their customer service that became the deciding factor when comparing with similar pens.

Has anyone tried using rosin in their Dabber?
I will probably do that myself and not sure how well the attys will hold up to it.

Burken,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Sorry if this has been answered before, I bought the atomiser only thinking I'd use it with one of my many ecig batteries. Unfortunately none of them work with this :( Do I need an official battery? I've tried 3 different isticks, 3 egos and an emow without success. Just wondering if it's faulty or not.

Thanks guys

Alan Partridge,
Sorry if this has been answered before, I bought the atomiser only thinking I'd use it with one of my many ecig batteries. Unfortunately none of them work with this :( Do I need an official battery? I've tried 3 different isticks, 3 egos and an emow without success. Just wondering if it's faulty or not.

Thanks guys
Works on any 510 ego running @ 3.7-4.2V -- sounds faulty, IMO. Do you have a meter for testing voltage/resistance?

Top Bottom