• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dr Dabber Pen

Spacemaster

Hello my friends!
Does anybody have any W9 Tech oil pens?

If so, I was curious as to how you would compare the Dr. Dabber to the O-phos, omicron, minicron , or any pens that utilize a ceramic rod as opposed to a silica or fiberglass wick.

I ask because I have a Dr. Dabber on the way for a review, and was disheartened to find the Dr. Dabber uses a fiberglass wick and not a ceramic rod.

I have tried almost every dab pen out there and IMO silica wicks or fiberglass wicks do not do your precious concentrates justice, I have found ceramic wicks to be far superior IMO.

Everyone says the Dr. Dabber is a great pen, but is that because they have not used other dab pens? Or perhaps it is a great pen indeed. I always compare any oil product to W9 because I personally have yet to find better.

I'm not trying to promote other dab pens or (de-rail) the thread, I just wanted some honest feedback from users of both if possible that's all.

I am looking forward to receiving my Dr. Dabber pen very much, and I hope it lives up to the hype!

Thanks in advance for any info or comparisons anyone can provide!:tup:
Upon doing research for a pen I had seen a few videos of the omicron (not sure about the others) but just seeing videos on how to use it, it just seems like a pain in the ass.

You have to unscrew a compartment then use a funnel, then use a lighter to melt in down in a tude and the wait for it warm up or whatever. It just seems like a hassle to me. That's why I wanted a good pen to take on the go and stuff so I don't have to torch something.

No joke I just whipped out the ghost loaded a dab and started to vape at a red light while writing this. It's simple

The hits taste great and it's so smooth, I was worried about it not living up to the hype as well when I orderd it but man is this thing awesome!

Vape Dr.

@Volteric my friend! Hope you are well!
I am reviewing the Dr. Dabber because of all the PMs about portable oil pens I received after we talked.

I am exploring options for people to make sure they get what they want, need, and what they paid for.

I am sure you are much happier with a dedicated oil pen than having to clean out the crafty all the time!

Thank you for the reply and information my friend!:tup:

I'm very glad to see that the Dr. Dabber has filled that niche so nicely for you!

@Spacemaster you are a riot! Your crazy my friend! I am glad to hear it exceeded your expectations as well!
The kiss carts and globes are super simple and can be rebuilt in under a minute if you've done it 20 or 30 times.:D
Thank you for the quick replies guys!

Spacemaster

Well hello there my friend! It us because of you that I have a pen devoted to the oil so that my Crafty can still ultra fit for the herbs. I am indebted to you. Best thing I ever did.

So I went with the Dr Dabber and it exceeded my expectations. I have only experience with the "Crapnese" pens so the bar was very very low.

Now I'm pretty sure that The Dr Dabber has both the glass fiber wick SET in a ceramic core with a titanium coil and it's great in that it doesn't burn or have that chemical metallic gassy stuff that comes with just the wick wafting off that nasty.

Now I did try a wickless ceramic core with titanium coil and I preferred that over the wicked ceramic core with titanium coil. Not a huge difference but one where I now have a preference for wickless.

I'm very interested in trying the all ceramic core without any wick or coil. Supposedly grander flavors cuz it's low temp vaping.
Could you go into detail of why you like the wick less more

Spacemaster,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
@Volteric my friend! Hope you are well!
I am reviewing the Dr. Dabber because of all the PMs about portable oil pens I received after we talked.

I am exploring options for people to make sure they get what they want, need, and what they paid for.

I am sure you are much happier with a dedicated oil pen than having to clean out the crafty all the time!

Thank you for the reply and information my friend!:tup:

I'm very glad to see that the Dr. Dabber has filled that niche so nicely for you!

@Spacemaster you are a riot! Your crazy my friend! I am glad to hear it exceeded your expectations as well!
The kiss carts and globes are super simple and can be rebuilt in under a minute if you've done it 20 or 30 times.:D
Thank you for the quick replies guys!
looking forward to your review!

Dr.Dabber,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Vape Dr.

@Dr.Dabber I am looking forward to trying the Ghost pen very much! I'm glad there are many options to suit every ones preferences with the Dr. Dabber.

May I say it is also very refreshing to see your presence on the thread so quickly and often. To me that speaks volumes to your companies pride in customer service and satisfaction.

To me this is a key element when looking into purchasing a vaporizer from any company!
:clap:

Volteric

Could you go into detail of why you like the wick less more

Well I feel that even the glass fiber wick turns down the flavor after a few dabs compared to a wickless chamber. Wickless the oil has no where to go but coil and possibly puddle (which some think is s problem in itself) but it puddles with a wick to.

For me it boils down to a pen that tastes ONLY of the concentrate, delivered in a discreeet and maximally flavorful way! So far the DR DABBER AND VAPOR BROTHERS ELEVEN are the only ones I've tried that achieve this standard.

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
@Dr.Dabber I am looking forward to trying the Ghost pen very much! I'm glad there are many options to suit every ones preferences with the Dr. Dabber.

May I say it is also very refreshing to see your presence on the thread so quickly and often. To me that speaks volumes to your companies pride in customer service and satisfaction.

To me this is a key element when looking into purchasing a vaporizer from any company!
:clap:
We take pride on our customer service and try to make sure no customer is unsatisfied..At the end of the day our customers are the core to our company and we understand that. It's sad to see some companies lose sight of this as they grow.

As a consumer I find myself very frustrated if I cannot get in touch with a company, so we make it as easy as possible. Whether it's Email, Phone, Forums, or Web we have all angles covered!

Spacemaster

So I soaked my atomizer for a few hours in iso, the wick is still dark with I guess resin on it. Is this normal or should it looking new

Spacemaster,

Volteric

So I soaked my atomizer for a few hours in iso, the wick is still dark with I guess resin on it. Is this normal or should it looking new

Try doing a burn off. The coil should lighten a little. The wick will stay dark though. That's the nature of wicks

Volteric,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
10882183_1577175009160689_2323040166999071139_n.jpg

glynix

Hi Dr. Dabber. Is this 20% off still going on or did i miss it? I was about to purchase the full prescription bundle today, added priority shipping, and it seems the total didn't come down. If i missed the sale is there any possibility of a coupon code hookup by PM or something? :D Thanks in advance if possible.

glynix,

DrRishi

Dr Dabber. I love the Dr Dabber but i was wondering if you were planning to bring out a solid ceramic wick? I do like the current "glass fibres" wick but i do feel after i have cleaned it with ISO a few times the ISO soaks into the wick and it starts to break down a little. Not a huge problem as they seem to last for many weeks but a solid wick might make then last even longer and avoid having the ISO soak into the wick.

Any plans?

Volteric

Dr Dabber. I love the Dr Dabber but i was wondering if you were planning to bring out a solid ceramic wick? I do like the current "glass fibres" wick but i do feel after i have cleaned it with ISO a few times the ISO soaks into the wick and it starts to break down a little. Not a huge problem as they seem to last for many weeks but a solid wick might make then last even longer and avoid having the ISO soak into the wick.

Any plans?

I would love to see some variation with Dr. Dabber's atomizers. Something similar to Vapor Bros. Eleven and The Source Orb with their terra all ceramic wickless and 8 different atomizers. I think if Dr. Dabber jumped on this and started offering different atty packs it would be met happily with my wallet.

DrRishi

I don't know that we will be releasing different atomizers for the Ghost, but are working on releasing a couple new pens that I think everyone will be very happy with ;)
I will be curious to see what you come up with but don't forget that we don't all want to be buying new pens every few months. In the end the battery is just a battery. I like the DrDabber battery but I also use ego batteries with the DrDabber atomizer with great results. It's the atomizer that does the work!

Volteric

I will be curious to see what you come up with but don't forget that we don't all want to be buying new pens every few months. In the end the battery is just a battery. I like the DrDabber battery but I also use ego batteries with the DrDabber atomizer with great results. It's the atomizer that does the work!

I agree. You'll replace attys far more often than mouthpieces and batteries or whole pens at the price of high ends like Dr Dabber.

I think @Dr.Dabber should consider a mail order atty replacement service like dollar shave club, but more atty selection is necessary.

El Barto

Been using the Dr. Dabber for a few weeks and my experience has not been as good as other posters. My first impression was disappointment by how similar the Ghost battery is to eGo batteries. It looks exactly the same to me. Probably my fault, but I thought I was getting a battery that was specially designed for the atomizer. Also, after the first few dabs, I can smell and taste a very distinct burnt odor. Not exactly sure what it is but it does not taste or smell like a pure dab. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions?

El Barto,

mixchu69

Been using the Dr. Dabber for a few weeks and my experience has not been as good as other posters. My first impression was disappointment by how similar the Ghost battery is to eGo batteries. It looks exactly the same to me. Probably my fault, but I thought I was getting a battery that was specially designed for the atomizer. Also, after the first few dabs, I can smell and taste a very distinct burnt odor. Not exactly sure what it is but it does not taste or smell like a pure dab. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions?
It's the wicking system. The first hit or two is tasty but everything else tastes burnt. If they incorporate ceramic core, they will kick ass with their low temperature design.

Vegas haze

but my momma said
Does this thing have a wickless option or no?
I've always been kinda sketched out by fiber wicks. Are these 100% safe?

When I bought my DrDabber about a year ago they were supposedly working on wickless coil but they never released one. I wouldn't be too sketched out by the fibers though since they're made of glass.

Vegas haze,

CHIDOY

The Doc is en route! My firstpen for concentrates. I'm pretty excited. All the reviews and insight help me choose the Doc over other pre-built pens. It was between this and the OPHOS. I'm sure I can get the hang of it first.... Then maybe get a kiss cart later. For now. . I can't wait to try out the Dr.

Top Bottom