• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

the different high of concentrates vs flowers

With the oil slick you should be able to get every last bit!!! And for the ti kiss carts just use the flat heat ti dabber by highly educated then use either your fingers to put it on the coil or use a toothpick... or just use your glass dabber after you have gotten your concentrate with the ti one. I just use my fingers or use the ti dabber and don't actually make contact with the coils. The dabber I mentioned just look up on aqualabtechnologies... its small! None better then highly educated in my opininon.

And I would say the glass would be a big hassle compared to the oil slick, definaetly has been in my experience. (Lose some, while oil slick I get every bit)

killick

But I like it!
My first try at concentrates was 2 weeks ago. The pain in my back simply evaporated. Absolutely amazing! Now I've been doing a couple of oil vapes before bed time, and sleeping pretty darn well!

Next thing I need to do is see if my technique is right. And get a shopping list of things I'll need to turn this into a *real* hobby (yes, @herbivore21, outside, away from heat sources and pets :)

I'm leaving for a week and still had some product on the glass. I swished it with Everclear and poured it into a jar for more evaping later. No mess left in glass! Everclear is a nice color, and it should stay like that until I release the beast next weekend!

Last edited:

herbivore21

I'll get back to all of these in more detail soon, I got a busy day lol

Still I will start by saying that I manipulate my absolute shatter with my hands, the key is cold hands, cool room, quick but deft movements. Also I only use glass or quartz dabbers (but generally bomb and load my kiss globes using only my hands :D)

I will be back soon to address the rest coz this thread was buzzing while I was sleeping lol

In the meantime, enjoy my latest borosilicate Ryu Wilson dabber!!
jfBvu8Q.jpg

Alright, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Wow. Learned a lot about concentrates. Herbivore21, I am going to have to pick your brain when I buy concentrates. I go in the dispensary and just believe what the budtender states. I always wonder if he is selling me items that are not selling. I got another tip from a FC member that concentrates at dispensaries are overpriced and can find delivery services that offer great quality (of course still need to show ID and doctors rec)

I personally like the taste of shatters, but harder to work with (sticky, so I like to pop it in the freezer for 10 mins). But I bet there are waxes, crumble, butter that is just as good. These i find much easier to use when I am in the car or out. I use a glass dabber, pick up a piece, and pulse it into my kiss carts.

I found one at a dispensary that was like honey, but lighter in color. They said nobleman made them famous. I love the taste but impossible to work with. Can someone give me tips on maximizing honey like concentrates without it getting messy. I think I waste a 1/4 of the product because it is hard to use.
Absolutely bro, anytime you got a q just drop me a line, glad to help where I can!

Basically, I won't bother with consistencies that aren't absolute shatter anymore. I don't like decarbed concentrates. I prefer to dab, get the faster delivery and reclaim the net loss of absorption vs eating. Generally, any other non absolute shatter that is not decarbed is this way because of the presence of various inactives.

If it sticks to oil slicks (and the room/oil slick is not super hot!) then it is nothing I'd be dabbing. Usually this is residual solvent that literally leaves your dab slickstuck to your oil slick. You will get what I mean if you see it. Imagine trying to scoop a tiny smear of hairgel off silicone with a tiny dabber - a similar experience with your dabs generally means you got butane soup (no doubt sold as 'budder' lol).

Avoid budder while you're at it. Whipping does not bode for retaining maximum terps/cannabinoids. Furthermore, so many budder's I've seen look like butane soup as abovementioned.

I avoid wax because I don't like plant waxes (for reasons explained earlier) - they are hotter and harsher. Basically my philosophy is that if you're not dabbing absolutes, you're dabbing various filler like plant waxes, residual solvents, other plant material (except in the case of partial/full decarb which will effect consistency too!). IME, all plant material/waxes/chlorophyll/moisture/solvent are doing are making your dabs hotter, harsher, worse tasting, less potent and hence larger (which compounds the harshness!) - because as we know, we attenuate the size of our dabs without even consciously realizing in order to get the effects we seek.

Basically, purer concentrate (plant material/solvent free absolute shatter) = smaller, smoother dabs and happier airways for the person doing the dabbing.

Remember that absolute shatters can still have chlorophyll in them too. Look out for green/black coloring.

I'll get back with more responses later :D

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
Speaking of oil slick pads - I picked one up at the local shop, bit didn't use it till a couple of days ago. I put my qwiso batch on it. It works ok, not super great, but better than what I was doing with the wee silicone container. Midway loading it up with goop I realized there are actually 2 pads, stored face to face. Now it works great, plus I have a new one on standby...

Yes, I *am* a n00b at this ;)

Speaking of oil slick pads - I picked one up at the local shop, bit didn't use it till a couple of days ago. I put my qwiso batch on it. It works ok, not super great, but better than what I was doing with the wee silicone container. Midway loading it up with goop I realized there are actually 2 pads, stored face to face. Now it works great, plus I have a new one on standby...

Yes, I *am* a n00b at this ;)
I have never used the pads, I like the oil slick stacks so I can keep it stored in there!!!

LiLRUBYDOLL,

Jurkone

¡Thanks for all that info people!

I just will like to add that in my oppinion, the vaporizing procces itself maybe different between using flowers or vapping BHO, because of the density and he temperature needed.

Maybe the oil density makes the vapor clouds lighter, vaporizing it in a more subtile way, making it more heady and less phisical, because the dosage process is more progressive.

And i also have the impression that the portable oil vaporizers, like the ones with the glass glove, similar to an eCig, also burn a little the oil, making the clouds a mix of smoke and vapour, reducing the psychoactive effect and making it feel more light and smooth.

¿What do you think about mi impressions? :)

Jurkone,

mixchu69

¡Thanks for all that info people!

I just will like to add that in my oppinion, the vaporizing procces itself maybe different between using flowers or vapping BHO, because of the density and he temperature needed.

Maybe the oil density makes the vapor clouds lighter, vaporizing it in a more subtile way, making it more heady and less phisical, because the dosage process is more progressive.

And i also have the impression that the portable oil vaporizers, like the ones with the glass glove, similar to an eCig, also burn a little the oil, making the clouds a mix of smoke and vapour, reducing the psychoactive effect and making it feel more light and smooth.

¿What do you think about mi impressions? :)
I value all opinions, because what I learned from my few months I have been on FC, all vaporizers and their experience are subjective. The more opinions I gather, the better the sample size. I agree with your pen opinion other than the 3.7 dark ceramic kiss (never feel like I'm burning oil) It slowly heats the oil, everything is smooth, and you can measure your intake (somewhat). It definitely could be that I am not taking a full dab one hit. However, I like that aspect for a functional high.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
@herbivore21 dropping knowledge like I like it...thank you! Are all your posts like that? Where's the follow button...
If I had a $ for the number of times I've been reading a post and thought "Hmmm... This guy really knows his shit...", and it turned out to be @herbivore21, I'd have a much bigger errl collection :lol:
That's pretty! Does the more pure stuff allow you to use less of it, as in is it more efficient?
I've tried stuff similar to the pic posted, and it def allows you to use less.

My dabs of this super-errl are about 1/2 the size compared to the other errl I get (which is still top shelf stuff :))

Incredible flavor, strong effects, and less harsh (well, about the same harshness relatively, but smaller dabs so less harsh absolutely)

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Awesome info, wowza!

My .02:

I use EC191 solvent-extracted RSO.

Flavor is fantastic for a concentrate. Best results were when I used flowers (no trim). I get the same flavor vaping as I get sublingually, even after being mixed 1g RSO to 1ml EJMix.

Have only tried it via my Arizer Extrwme Q; Kanger EMOW Mega due to arrive today, will post results if they are markedly different.

Thanks everyone, you folks have helped me more than I could count or thank you for.

OldOyler,
Reactions: DieHard

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Oops thread is mainly about the "high differences, duh.

I call vaping my RSO mixed with EJMix "vabonging".

I started using RSO instead of dried flowers about 3 months ago and have never looked back. The high seems more intense *after* exhale with concentrates, taking me into a stupor-type state almost. But after a minute I settle into a good 2 hrs of wowza-stoned after about 4 pulls.

Flowers of the exact same white widow plant (I saved like a 1/4) vaped an awesome short-term (30 min) high, but then I would feel a bit sluggish until I vaped again.

But I'm old, and so VERY not cool and up to date on this stuff. So I read *every* bit you folks are kind enough to throw out there!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
To be honest they both get me to where I want to be. Sure there are differences but I think some ppl overrate the difference between for example sativa & indica.

The had been so much hybridization for decades that the differences between "Sativa" and "Indica" often has more to do with the observable physical characteristics such as leaf shape than the effect it had on our bodies.

Of course, there are true Sativa and Indica strains that exhibit the agreed upon different effects, but, at the very least, I have to try a new strain to determine if it is what I like or want.

herbivore21

The had been so much hybridization for decades that the differences between "Sativa" and "Indica" often has more to do with the observable physical characteristics such as leaf shape than the effect it had on our bodies.

Of course, there are true Sativa and Indica strains that exhibit the agreed upon different effects, but, at the very least, I have to try a new strain to determine if it is what I like or want.
Exactly, there can be such sharp variation within strains (I have some 1:1 THC to CBD sour diesel absolute shatter right now that attests to that!). As with animals, plant phenotypes vary wildly (pun not intended) within, as well as between botanical groupings.

Top Bottom