The Depressimistic Thread

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Just wanna chime in.. I'm stabilising my depression by staying drug free and possitive. Seeing my daughter once a week now for the whole day & night and whilst im still sorting some things out and can't be there for her 24/7 or find a job that will accept someone with mental issues i'm still chugging along.
Shit gets overwhelming, but keep on keepin on :)

farscaper

life is the blade that draws across the cord of time.

moment by moment being severed from this relm only to be tossed to eternity... With no known destination.

tumbling down the rabbit hole aside alice through the looking glass, only to emerge in a hollow space.

curious only if the vastness of this place is due to its emptyness...
or its potential.

farscaper

I would like to spend one endless night without my mind in tow...

crawdad

floatin
hopefully cause you know what not being miserable is like, ive heard its fantastic.

holidays have a way of getting to me to the point id rather we didnt have them, went through that last weekend and after the stillness of no light being visible at the end of the tunnel i was in set in i jumped the fuck up and got the hell out of dodge, reentered my focus and returned refreshed. the change in scenery did wonders for me...once again. #humanconditionsyndrome

crawdad,

acolyte

Long lost thread, but continuing the tradition on FC of continuing threads. I did skim over them, but I can't say I relate anymore. In the past I thought perhaps those kinds of things were making me unhappy.. but in the end I've found a much different situation to be the truth, for myself.

I do think capitalism tends to skew depressive more often than, perhaps, hunter gatherer societies. Not to say that society isn't better, but people might not be as happy about it due to things outside our control.

My problems were/are all rooted in childhood treatment and experiences, which had something to do with poverty, but ultimately was more the result of religion and mental illness in my parents (admittedly those 2 factors are also correlated with poverty, hence income inequality, hence capitalism).

I came back to this thread to post this video. Sometimes when I wake up, it feels normal for a moment before the skin sloughs off of the horrific darkness beneath. I fall, nauseated, fatigued, weak. And sometimes just sometimes a little grass will help..

gaseous_clay

I had forgotten about this thread. Been really depressed lately. Not suicidal or anything, but more in the WTF am I doing and how do I break this shitty cycle mode.

Got put on overnights a while back. I did this shift years ago with no problem, but now I find I have so much trouble sleeping during the day it leads to barely staying awake at work all night. Even when convinced I'll be able to sleep... the cycle continues. I vape, drink & take melatonin to be able to get some sleep. It ends up being 20 min to an hour at a time... until after the sun goes down. I seem to start into good sleep right before the alarm goes off. Basically life is now about trying to sleep enough to stay awake at work.

I've even given up on trying to have any normal life. I went out for my birthday a month ago just to get some food & a drink while watching football. The only seat open where I could see the TV was at the bar. Didn't really check out who was at the bar & it turned out I sat next to a single woman who then starts chatting with me. I didn't mention my birthday even when the whole bar started singing for someone else. She then gave me her number. Each weekend I think about calling her to apologize for not calling & explain how I just can't see dating while working this shift. Then the weekend hits & I'm too worn out to bother calling.

I've thought about going to see someone, but knowing myself as I do I don't know if I'd actually listen to anything they would say.

Still, for the longest time I denied being depressed. At least I have recognized it myself, which I suppose is good.

Top Bottom