The Depressimistic Thread

EveryDayAmnesiac

Anyone feel like dealing with a drunk, angry, suicidal EDA tonight?

I know I'm the boy who cried wolf, but.... in that story, there was actually a wolf, the last time...

Just got a pretend "How Are You" E-mail from my mother. It was the kind of E-mail you send to your Great Aunt on her birthday.

Fuck you, Mom. Fuck you, Dad. You suck as people, you suck as parents, and you suck as friends. FUCK YOU!!!

I hate my mother, and I hate my father. I don't think I'm the only one.

But... I'd rather go look at cute pictures of animals instead.

Radio

stay true to yourselves

I know I'm the boy who cried wolf, but.... in that story, there was actually a wolf, the last time...

Just got a pretend "How Are You" E-mail from my mother. It was the kind of E-mail you send to your Great Aunt on her birthday.

Fuck you, Mom. Fuck you, Dad. You suck as people, you suck as parents, and you suck as friends. FUCK YOU!!!

Alright, go to youtube.. Search for 'people falling over 2014', pack yourself an immaculately fat vape and take some hits. Take it easy dude. Get off the sauce as well, it's a neurotoxin!

farscaper

it took too much effort to hate my parents.... im to lazy to hate...
i only hold a grudge when im not high!

I said fuck alcohol too! I cant drink. booze makes me bleed too much... ...

so I switched from flowers to dabbs and never looked back. FTW imma get higher than you all!

you could watch.... but im to high to work a camera.... I just keep taking pictures of inappropriately posed stuffed animals somehow...

mobile-27891-1414775377-39.jpg

the blue one is winking at you... awkward...

farscaper

@farscaper ... I dare say, you help me as much as I help you.

What the fuck is wrong with us? :shrug:
wrong crowd I think.

my new buddy is the tits though... and he has got a kick ass house!

gave me my own room and everything...

mobile-8610-1414774154-9.jpg

I dont think housekeeping approved of my vacuum setup in the closet though so I got in a little trouble...
mobile-30022-1414774124-29.jpg

:rofl:

sorry I had been waiting the whole time to post those!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Oh, I forgot to answer my own question.

People like happy threads. Where problems have a solution. Where unhappy people find happiness. Where questions have an answer.

They don't like unhappy threads. Where there is no solution. Where unhappy people see through phony happiness. Where questions have no answer.

God forbid, someone start a thread that suggests we are all unhappy, or how we all have no have fucking idea what is actually going on.

This is actually the most realistic thread on FC, but no one else thinks so, because people are supposed to strive for "happiness."

"Just be happy," as that idiotic song suggests.

Yes, just be happy, no matter if you're being raped, or murdered, or watching your wife/daughter be raped and murdered. Just be happy. Very intelligent message to send. But as long as it sells records, right?

Sound advice. If you're an idiot girl who just likes to dance her life away.

I am fucking sick of happiness being the question and answer to the meaning of life. That answer is for idiots who don't have a fucking clue.

-EDA

Last edited:

farscaper

Oh, I forgot to answer my own question.

People like happy threads. Where problems have a solution. Where unhappy people find happiness. Where questions have an answer.

They don't like unhappy threads. Where there is no solution. Where unhappy people see through phony happiness. Where questions have no answer.

God forbid, someone start a thread that suggests we are all unhappy, or how we all have no have fucking idea what is actually going on.

This is actually the most realistic thread on FC, but no one else thinks so, because people are supposed to strive for "happiness."

"Just be happy," as that idiotic song suggests.

Yes, just be happy, no matter if you're being raped, or murdered, or watching your wife/daughter be raped and murdered. Just be happy. Very intelligent message to send. But as long as it sells records, right?

Sound advice. If you're an idiot girl who just likes to dance her life away.

I am fucking sick of happiness being the question and answer to the meaning of life. That answer is for idiots who don't have a fucking clue.

-EDA
I dont think happiness is the answer at all.... nirvana perhaps is a better idea... cause thats actually not so hard to achieve...

In the Buddhist context nirvana refers to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished.

ie... see through the bullshit.

either you have something to learn... or your dead.

so the goal of life is to learn there is no such thing as happy or sad in the universe.... once this existence ends that ends... effectively and you begin the learning of another sort... idk I havnt gotten that far yet... im still learning.

some choose bliss cause its easier than accepting stuff sucks.

the best art... in ANY GENRE was made from suffering and pain... search enough and you find out the most reviered art music and literature was made during the worst parts of those people's lives...

so ... it seems to me... it takes a certain kinda fool to make art... for happy people to enjoy and criticize.

since happiness cannot exsist without sadness we unhappy few are integral for happiness to exsist... without us... there would be no key to compair and no grass greener elsewhere...

welcome to nirvana muther fucker!
you do and dont matter all at once!

mandatory ignorance of all grammatical errors... im high.

EveryDayAmnesiac

My apologies, @farscaper , but your last post seems like a great excuse to be a positive-minded moron who makes money off being positive. :shrug:

Please convince me otherwise, brother.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

farscaper

My apologies, @farscaper , but your last post seems like a great excuse to be a positive-minded moron who makes money off being positive. :shrug:

Please convince me otherwise, brother.
ha ha ha.... it is an excellent reason...

but try it.

I cant do it for like more than a week before I slip and quit believing my own lies...

which makes me think that if "God" exsists... cannabis was placed here specifically to allow the yin to exsist for the yang to exsist... I dont remember which is which...

obveiously medicine and everything else aside... its here to keep the creative doing that. instead of falling on swords and off cliffs and onto piles of pills pistols and sharp knives!

I especially like the sharp knives!

so fuck it... if you can go be a happy go lucky errandboy...

do it!

I couldnt hack it... im a diffrent kinda animal.

this system isnt broken... it was designed this way and those designing the system have been at it a loooong time.

ultimately I only see cycles loops and closed circuits....

thats why the yen and yang isnt just a circle with a strait line...

its a fluid cyclistic state...

just like happiness and sadness

some people just dont even embrace both sides equally.

I spend a little to much time with my darker half.....

I like to get high and pretend im a philosopher and artist lol....

you can check me out on instagram!
:rofl:

thoughts trailed off there....:disgust:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Sometimes when I'm going through a rough patch, I need to stay busy and not dwell on what is making me feel so sad. Nobody's life goes well all the time. I try to work on how I react to the attitudes of others. I can only work on myself. I can't change how others are.

Plenty of us have had hard times and difficult fathers and mothers. We have to move on and not let it destroy our happiness. Only you can make yourself close to happy. Yes I think happiness is achievable.. There are sad times too. We go on. There are peaks and valleys in life and relationships. Some people are toxic in your life. Stay away from them as much as possible

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

Sometimes when I'm going through a rough patch, I need to stay busy and not dwell on what is making me feel so sad. Nobody's life goes well all the time. I try to work on how I react to the attitudes of others. I can only work on myself. I can't change how others are.

Plenty of us have had hard times and difficult fathers and mothers. We have to move on and not let it destroy our happiness. Only you can make yourself close to happy. Yes I think happiness is achievable.. There are sad times too. We go on. There are peaks and valleys in life and relationships. Some people are toxic in your life. Stay away from them as much as possible

I'm sorry, @CarolKing, but your advice sounds like... every bit of advice I've ever heard in my entire fucking life.

"Just keep your head down and power through it."

Just stay busy and not dwell on the sadness around me? Sounds like great advice for the guys on the lowest part of the ladder, who don't have time to think about anything.

Just keep working hard, and don't worry about it. Happiness will find you. :rolleyes:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: FrogBoy138

grokit

well-worn member
It can kinda work, pretending you're not depressed and doing stuff to get your mind off it like exercising, picking up the flat, finishing that stupid project or whatever. Before you know it all of your neglected problems multiply and then the eternal darkness, oh wait not sure about that but problem solved.

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

It can kinda work, pretending you're not depressed and doing stuff to get your mind off it like exercising, picking up the flat, finishing that stupid project or whatever. Before you know it all of your neglected problems multiply and then the eternal darkness, oh wait not sure about that but problem solved.

So, I should just pretend?

Radio

stay true to yourselves
It takes a lot of effort to be 'positive' (which I agree with all you depressionists on.. it's subjective and not reliable) and this makes it easy to fall into negativity (which despite your claims of just being 'realistic'.. it's plain and simple negativity)

The simple truth is, whatever hand you are dealt; fucking deal with it. Some people are born with psychological disorders that mentally scar and torment them for their lives, some are born blind and never able to see color or the face of a loved one. A lot of people have everything unfairly taken from them, are raped, abused, broken and ruined..

Are we victims of circumstance though? Hereditory physical/mental disease is the reason? A car accident, a broken heart?
We power through it anyway, and if you can't then god bless your soul because the conscious choice has already been made to give up.. and wallowing in it just makes it harder.

And before I get into any more pseudo-advice..

REALISTICALLY; to all those who think life is bleak and eternally painful.. what are you doing to improve life? 30 mins exercise a day? (Don't be fucking lazy or you will NOT THRIVE IN THIS LIFE)
Eating 3-4 meals of healthy food, plenty of beans nuts seeds and sunlight? (Why bother expecting a normal release of serotonin/dopamine/energy if you are not eating like a fucking KING? You eat shit and you will feel like absolute fucking garbage and you WILL SUFFER.
Surrounding yourself with uplifting and good hearted people and moving away from parasitic, arrogant pricks? Finding little ways to introduce that 'spark' back into your life? Giving yourself permission to laugh at things and lighten up?

If you answered an honest and heartfelt YES to those questions then you have nothing to worry about, otherwise anyone who feels 'stuck' in this ever-changing and diverse life experience needs to smell the fucking roses..

Sorry to sound brutal, and i'm open to a rebuttal but yes it takes a lot of effort and energy and passion poured into it for it to sustain and maintain. Happiness doesn't grow on trees. Infact it seems that darkness and pain grow on trees, and it's your attitude towards it that makes up your strength and character. Never give in.

farscaper

and every so often we all sink into a sucky pit of what the fuck is going on...

so always remember not to be to aggressively optimistic when dealing with a depressomistic.... aggressive optimization often increases the depressomistic feelings in some individuals and can be viewed as overly aggressive....

I kinda find it funny that optimists are just as touchy and agressive about their optimization being questioned as a depressomistic is agressively offended when told to just be happier...

cant we all just be a little of both....

fuck.

EveryDayAmnesiac

so always remember not to be to aggressively optimistic when dealing with a depressomistic.... aggressive optimization often increases the depressomistic feelings in some individuals and can be viewed as overly aggressive....

I kinda find it funny that optimists are just as touchy and agressive about their optimization being questioned as a depressomistic is agressively offended when told to just be happier...

fuck.

I like this post. Even though it shits all over me. :)

Radio

stay true to yourselves

fuck.
I'm not positive or optimistic. They are both sad, broken things to associate with our sense of 'who we are'.. Because then when we are sad; what are we? We become nothing. A fate worse than death.

Sorry to be aggressive, I kinda have a passionate swearing problem (Italian)

I want you all to be happy and smiling and loving and warm and open and carefree.. The only thing is, I am a broken destroyed lonely isolated tortured soul with the devil and god raging within me. I am contradictory, I am deceiptful even to myself, I TRY so hard but I only DO on rare occassions, I judge myself and others even when I know it is wrong.
I am materialistic, I laugh at people falling over, and my list goes on. I can be cruel, I have lost every lover I have ever been able to call 'home' to my own selfish, ignorant, tormented pains that I refused to deal with. I still suffer the reality of my damage caused to myself and those around me, and I must live through the consequences of these innocent mistakes every day when I hear about how much my daughter has grown since the last time I was allowed to see her.
I sit on a forum all day talking to weed smokers because I have nobody else. I sit in my room with a smile on my face thinking that I have enough self-esteeem, motivation, monetary income and spontaneuity of life to stay afloat the the reality is that I often sink below the surface, feeling pains that I swore to never feel again, re-living emotions that torment me and give me night terrors. Waking up in cold sweats knowing that as much as everyone loves me.. As much as my family support me for my strengths, and my friends believe in me for my light that always shines, I know that I am a failure to myself and it will take 20+ years before I am able to forgive myself for not committing suicide earlier.

When I see threads like this is breaks my heart because I am not the only one, and it is a silent battle fought every day behind veiled smiles and idiosyncrasies.. It is a war that rages in our hearts and this war breaks us down and down, from soldiers to broken men and women.

We do so much yet nothing justifies our existance.

And it is that fact that I say FUCK YOU to! I am not agressive towards any one person individually, or a group of people thinking a certain way.. I am angry at myself for also thinking the way that you all think at times.

And on that note; I love life. I will continue to try and even if I die old, alone, in pain and without a shred of hope; at least I tried. At least I will show someone else that they can fight through it against all odds, and it will show others that they too can at least have a shot at a good life..

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I suffer from anxiety more than depression but I have my share of bleak days. My dad was a very depressed individual and tried to make everyone around him feel bad too. He was very verbally abusive to my mom and all us kids. I wanted my mom to leave him. She didn't have the strength to leave.

It helped me as an adult to volunteer at a shelter for abused families. Some things were too difficult to volunteer to help with. i started off helping in the office. Then started helping elsewhere in the agency. I did this for 5 years. It was a healing experience for me. Eventually I had other responsibilities and needed to move on. I don't want to sound like goody two shoes but helping others really does help you as an individual. It seems like there is someone always worse off then yourself.

Top Bottom