• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Depressimistic Thread

EveryDayAmnesiac

PBRCKcw.jpg

The misspelling just seems to add to the effect...

Radio

stay true to yourselves
best to you vu, tough steps feel better later...keep making them.
Already better my friend. I started counselling and am thinking more possitively than I ever have in my life. A whole new person!
6 days and haven't considered suicide! :lol: Funny that that's a 'big deal' but for me it is!
Partner still couldn't bear with me and be patient and now I'm living out of home and enjoying my freedom. Heart only marginally broken ;)

Onward and upward to all those having a shitty day! Push forward!

arf777

No longer dogless
Already better my friend. I started counselling and am thinking more possitively than I ever have in my life. A whole new person!
6 days and haven't considered suicide! :lol: Funny that that's a 'big deal' but for me it is!
Partner still couldn't bear with me and be patient and now I'm living out of home and enjoying my freedom. Heart only marginally broken ;)

Onward and upward to all those having a shitty day! Push forward!

Congrats. Sounds like you found a decent clinician.

Personally I've never found one I could talk to. I think part of the problem is my mom is a clinical psychotherapist and my dad worked in the field too. So speaking to a counselor/therapist is too much like speaking to my parents, even at my age.

Anyone else on this thread a trained psych theorist (I'm a Lacanian)? I find myself poking holes in any therapists knowledge of theory and clinical practice. But knowing the shit does not help with the depression.

But if anyone wants to at least, for lack of a better term, "enjoy" their depression a bit, read The Conspiracy Against the Human Race, or related anti-natalist texts. At least lets you feel intellectually justified in your depression.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Congrats. Sounds like you found a decent clinician.

Personally I've never found one I could talk to. I think part of the problem is my mom is a clinical psychotherapist and my dad worked in the field too. So speaking to a counselor/therapist is too much like speaking to my parents, even at my age.

Anyone else on this thread a trained psych theorist (I'm a Lacanian)? I find myself poking holes in any therapists knowledge of theory and clinical practice. But knowing the shit does not help with the depression.

But if anyone wants to at least, for lack of a better term, "enjoy" their depression a bit, read The Conspiracy Against the Human Race, or related anti-natalist texts. At least lets you feel intellectually justified in your depression.
Only had one session and nothing was really discussed. I am doing the therapy, but I know it is inevitably my own strengths that will get me through life so I'm focusing on that which is a big motivator.

Dawntreader

Kayakist
Interesting to come upon this thread while on the phone with one of my brothers who suffers from severe depression...i am his life line. Not a job i have a good record with unfortunately. I have already lost one brother to suicide and i was his lifeline too. Out of 6 kids and 2 parents, me and my youngest brother are the only two without a diagnosis of depression. I am the only one without a substance abuse issue( unless u count my past addictions to nicotine)...just co-dependence and a little OCD. I have experienced situational depression during some major upheavals in my life but i have always pulled thru with exercise and intense inner work as has been discussed above. I think what i experience the most is loneliness because i am quite unique for my age ...i dont really belong anywhere completely. Like my avatar shows, i am a kid in a grown-up's body.

However, I am very grateful for this life i have and all its ups and downs. Even on extreme days, it is good to be alive. Volunteering brings me great perspective, particularly working with the homeless as i feel called to help them because of my brother's homelessness before he died :(

Perusing the cool and uncool music to listen to while vaping thread has been quite introspective. I am very sensitive to music vibes and choose music to match my demons( even my good demons) Some of the music i have sampled from these 2 threads could seriously derail me from a positive life!LOL!

I do have good friends that would do anything for me and my family, all medicated, would do the same ;) My daughter and i are similar and so it makes us good support for each other. We use acupuncture and take Niacin to ward off depression and anxiety and so far, it works for us. Weed consumption is for pleasure not coping....thank the goddess~

To all you are posting here, it was been so enlightening getting a glimpse into you as people and i am sending good vibes for your journeys :peace:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I'm taking up residence in the positive thread! Haha.
Out of sight out of mind! Fucking so easy to be depressed, so many chemicals in my off-balance system that sway towards the dark, macarbe and suicidal..
But there is much out there beyond my comprehension with colour, happiness and warmth. Starting last week; a long journey ahead will be focused primarily on forcibly and patiently filling my world with what it has long since been deprived of. Endorphins!

Wish me luck guys and girls, I do not want to mentally associate being a depressionist to my sense of self any longer. Smoke good, eat good, live good.

EveryDayAmnesiac

To those just tuning in; welcome to depressionistic radio. Where we play the songs that make you feel bad about yourself, on repeat! Sometimes we don't play anything at all!

happiest-job-in-the-world.jpg

AUTHORS ARE THE 4TH HAPPIEST JOB??!! FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

If you're an author, and you're happy, then you are either a liar, or you're writing complete shit, or both.

Writers should NOT be happy. End of story. :nope:

Feel free to disagree with me here.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
AUTHORS ARE THE 4TH HAPPIEST JOB??!! FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

If you're an author, and you're happy, then you are either a liar, or you're writing complete shit, or both.

Writers should NOT be happy. End of story. :nope:

Feel free to disagree with me here.
Writters should not be happy, I agree. Unless they are talking about self-help book authors, who are hardly writing anything original at all.. haha

I find it funny that my job, as well as jobs that I am aspiring towards are in the 'Most hated jobs' column.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It probably depends on how successful of a writer you are? If you can actually pay the bills or not. I'm not a writer so what would I know? I'm not depressed a lot of the time. I do suffer bouts of anxiety.

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
It probably depends on how successful of a writer you are? If you can actually pay the bills are not. I'm not a writer so what would I know? I'm not depressed a lot of the time. I do suffer bouts of anxiety.
Writers are generally a depressing bunch. They see what we don't see, the simple pain of living, goodbyes on our lips. etc etc. Classic tortured-artist mentality.
Whenever I get moody I like to have a bit of a write, but I relate more to the anxiety bouts these days. Luckily that is easily managed by leaving the situation and taking some deep breaths :)

EveryDayAmnesiac

It probably depends on how successful of a writer you are? If you can actually pay the bills are not.

I respectfully disagree here, CarolKing. I don't think success changes the best writers, who are inherently depressed and dissatisfied with their world and can't see it any other way.

I would list J.D. Salinger, William Burroughs, William Faulkner, and Truman Capote as major examples.

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Can't believe I forgot Hunter S. Thompson in that list... :doh:
I thought about it, but he isn't depressed.. He was a true realist. A real animal; reveling in the glorious highs and abysmal lows. Channeling words from the darkness and from the quiet place in our inner temple. In a perfect, brutish balancing act; he walked the line between harmony and chaos.

Tormented? yeah..
a drinker? obviously..
but depressed, fuck no!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
You Do know there are actually different genres of literature ? You ain't gotta go for the tortured/ broken/ lost soul / hopelessness abounds section 100% of the time. Helpful if staying depressed is the goal though.

time to branch out ?
I don't know man... Those are some pretty wild theories you have there!
Apparently the suicide rate for children's picture book authors is higher than any other profession! :lol::lol::lol:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I thought about it, but he isn't depressed.. He was a true realist. A real animal; reveling in the glorious highs and abysmal lows. Channeling words from the darkness and from the quiet place in our inner temple. In a perfect, brutish balancing act; he walked the line between harmony and chaos.

Tormented? yeah..
a drinker? obviously..
but depressed, fuck no!

Hmm. Possibly. But let's not forget ol' Hunter did kill himself. I'm not sure a true Realist could kill himself.

Even Albert Camus, one of history's great Depressimistics, decided, in his essay, The Myth of Sisyphus, that life is worth living, despite all the.... :ugh:

I'm just not sure Hunter wasn't depressed as shit when he took his life.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Hmm. Possibly. But let's not forget ol' Hunter did kill himself. I'm not sure a true Realist could kill himself.

Even Albert Camus, one of history's great Depressimistics, decided, in his essay, The Myth of Sisyphus, that life is worth living, despite all the.... :ugh:

I'm just not sure Hunter wasn't depressed as shit when he took his life.
He was on another level, dude. Hunter wouldn't have associated with such a standard self-perception like depression.
He had to stay legit and vulnerable and raw to do what he did with so much passion for so long. And if you don't mind me saying, I think in some situations suicide can be an act of a true realist. He lived on his own terms, and he died on his own fucking terms.

I think when he did it; he was at peace. It wasn't an impulse, but a thought-out and calm decision. That is getting into the realms of speculation though, which I don't care to fuck with today. :lol:
regardless; r.i.p

Top Bottom