the definitive concentrate vaping answer...

guys, i'm a noob here and accidentally found this forum and I'm hooked! great stuff

i've spent hours and days searching the net and experimenting at home to find the best way to create a vaping concentrate that is strong and does not separate but so far i've failed. even searching through this site there are many variations and results and it's becoming confusing.

so far through my reading and experimentation i have done the following;

1. made bho and purged to produce excellent shatter mixed into varying percentages of pg & vg
2. made rso with 99% iso and purged mixed into varying percentages of pg & vg
3. made co2 hash mixed into varying percentages of pg & vg
4. all the above and mixed into EJ juice

they all looked great whilst on the double boiler being mixed together and if used straight away all worked great too BUT as soon as the solutions cooled down they all separated leaving a goo stuck to the sides of my vape pens.

i've gone through so much bud in my bud to get this right that it's driving me mad... literally lol

i even was going to add a little lecithin into the mixes but read that it's not healthy to vape. maybe there's another emulsifier which is safe to vape i can add but i have no idea??!!

i even hired a homogeniser for a day and mixed my liquids with it and the result was that it stayed stable for a little longer than normal but the tasted a little burnt from the heat produced.

someone here must be getting it right?

i've been wondering if i should add a trace amount of iso to the vg and pg mix whilst heating them up with the bho/rso then purge it off in a vac?

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
ganjafarmer,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Vg will split the mixture only use pg.

When ive done it i mixed the oil with as little peg400 to emulsify then mix that with pg to taste.

Adding vg would split the mixture.

Deleted Member 1643

What do you want to vape in? Sounds like you're going for e-juice. VapourHaze's method should work fine with the concentrates you've made. PG and PEG 400 are not the same thing. They're both glycols, but PG is a simple glycol and PEG 400 is a polymer. PEG 400 dissolves concentrate better, but some say it tastes like plastic, so you probably want to minimize.

Check out Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes. A number of solutions have been described there, each with its own pros and cons.

If you want to get some VG in your vapor, and you can use an RDA, the easiest way IMO is to alternate dripping your PEG/PG-based concentrate juice with max VG. Works with even a single-coil beginner build. Preferred method is to use a dual-coil build dripping PEG/PG-based juice on one and max VG on the other. The concentrate never sees VG until the vapor mixes in your atomizer.

Currently using 90% VG and 10% distilled water as max VG, for about 40% VG in vapor. More gentle on the throat than PEG/PG, IMO. If the flavor of your concentrate leaves something to be desired, you can use any max VG nic juice you like on the second coil.

.... so vapourhaze, are you saying peg400 acts as a emulsifier and i should experiment with using just a little and making the rest of the solution with pg and not use vg at all? does anyone else have experience with this method?

accept, thank you for your response too.... i'm using an rad as well as a chamber. and yes i'm going for e juice. so i haven't misunderstood you, you're saying infuse the shatter/oil in the pg/peg400 and drip the on one of the coils and drip the untouched vg on to the other? what is the purpose of this? why use the vg at all?

ganjafarmer,

waxdab23

.... so vapourhaze, are you saying peg400 acts as a emulsifier and i should experiment with using just a little and making the rest of the solution with pg and not use vg at all? does anyone else have experience with this method?

accept, thank you for your response too.... i'm using an rad as well as a chamber. and yes i'm going for e juice. so i haven't misunderstood you, you're saying infuse the shatter/oil in the pg/peg400 and drip the on one of the coils and drip the untouched vg on to the other? what is the purpose of this? why use the vg at all?

There are pre-made solutions that can also be used such as EJ Mix, Vapeur Extract, Puff Majic, Connoisseur Concentrates, etc.

You will find the following threads extremely enlightening...get ready to read:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/my-secret-to-thc-e-cig-pg-liquid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/connoisseur-concentrates.20705/

Deleted Member 1643

does anyone else have experience with this method?

Prefer this method to premade solutions. Can use only as much PEG 400 as needed - a few drops per gram has been sufficient for QWET oil when diluting further with five mls PG. Premade solutions list PEG as an ingredient, but not how much, and they're more expensive than buying PEG and PG in bulk. They work fine, however, IME. Never tried Connoisseur Concentrates. If you already have EJ Mix, you can dissolve in a small amount and dilute further with PG, if desired.

you're saying infuse the shatter/oil in the pg/peg400 and drip the on one of the coils and drip the untouched vg on to the other? what is the purpose of this? why use the vg at all?

That's right - do as VapourHaze suggests or use one of the solutions waxdab23 listed. VG is a matter of preference. If you prefer vaping straight PEG/PG juice, just drip or fill your tank with it. Some find VG to be less irritating.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: ganjafarmer

VapourHaze

Yes accept has explained pretty much everything. . Just use a bit of peg400 to liquify your shatter then use pg to get it to your desired consistensy/strength you can add some flavourings too if thats your bag.

You only use a little peg400 as the flavour isnt great. Enough to get it all going.

ixtapa

Vg will split the mixture only use pg.

When ive done it i mixed the oil with as little peg400 to emulsify then mix that with pg to taste.

Adding vg would split the mixture.
Could anyone explain what is meant by "split the mixture"? Split as in form two separate fluid layers?

ixtapa,

VapourHaze

Could anyone explain what is meant by "split the mixture"? Split as in form two separate fluid layers?

The vg will not fully emulsify with the canna mix. And it will split causing 2 layers of liquid. ... like a salad dressing

VapourHaze,
i'm going to try experimenting with vg / pg / peg400 next week. I'm determined to make it work or at least make it stay mixed for at least 2 weeks! any pointers or do not bother trying will help immensely

ganjafarmer,

Deleted Member 1643

Wish it worked, but every prep has clouded up at the first drop of VG. Difficult to salvage at that point. Check thread above - many similar reports. Won't try again.

It's a worthwhile goal. Dual coil method with VG on the second coil produces spectacular results. New favorite way to vape.

Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom