CabbieCam

Well, my faulty IQ has finally bit the dust. It won't heat up! Everything is good on the display, can change paths and Temps, but the current temp reading stays around 100°f. I have tried factory resetting and removing the battery and putting it back in, nothing. The only thing left to try is a different battery, which I just received some LGH2 batteries today, so I'll try charging them up and see if their is a difference (external charger). Thankfully i already have a replacement in the mail.

almost there

Just picked one of these up the other day. I have to say it really kicks some ass as a nice conduction session vape. I'm really liking how it performs.

Now the one thing I don't like about this is turning it on and off. Pressing a small button five times fast + carpal tunnel = bad time. I wish there was a way to turn it on by holding it instead or something.
I feel your pain, I too suffer carpal tunnel in addition to having a mallet finger. This second unit I have has much more responsive buttons so it's been less of a problem. With the first unit, I powered on with the app and use the boost standby to power off.

aaasey786

Got a little excited since I saw a sign of hope that they would reach out to me today. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them.

Got you. I messaged Davinci on Facebook and they told me someone from CS will get in contact with Me today. I hope they keep their word. I miss using my IQ and it's only been 3 days smh. I'm going on a one week vacation in March 10th and was really hoping to use my IQ during it, but based on how long the RMA takes, I might have to get it delivered to my vacation house lol.

aaasey786,

Reggie Watts

Just picked one of these up the other day. I have to say it really kicks some ass as a nice conduction session vape. I'm really liking how it performs.

Now the one thing I don't like about this is turning it on and off. Pressing a small button five times fast + carpal tunnel = bad time. I wish there was a way to turn it on by holding it instead or something.
Agree! Who thought it was a good idea to require 5 rapid button presses?? It's like they had a design meeting, somebody suggested 2 or 3 button presses, and someone else (probably higher ranking) was like "eeeeehhhh....we better make it 5." And everyone else at the meeting was too afraid to disagree. lol

AmsterDAB16

Buyer Beware:

(not my personal experience, but a repost of many purported on the vaporents Reddit-sub)

I was very excited to get this product. I wanted something that I could use that was simple and high quality. The IQ has been neither of those things.

I ordered an IQ and put it on the charger as soon as it arrived. Then I unplugged it and put it back in the box. I didn't have my medical marijuana card yet, and knew it would be at least a week to find the time to get it. I finally got some weed from a dispensary and raced home to test it out. I was able to use the device properly for 1.5 times. I would say, a maximum of 5 minutes of use. I used it for the first session, then, when I tried to use it again it shut off half way through. Okay, that's fine... I will just charge it. I tried to charge it in the device, but it wouldn't work. No lights would turn on. I charged the battery on my nitecore charger and it seemed to work. I popped it in the device and it turned on for about a minute. Then nothing.

At this time I was going to be out of the country for a few weeks, so I jut figured I would try it again when I got home. When I got home I could not get it to work, and found it to be impossible to call in to Davinci. No matter what time of day I could only get an option to leave a message. After I left a couple of messages, I decided to email them. After what felt like an eternity, someone decided to write me back saying they will send a new battery. I already explained I don't think it was the battery, but sure. Well, weeks went by and I still did not have a battery. This is where the fun starts.

I filed a paypal claim and wow, Davinci magically responded very quickly. They basically said we sent you the battery and we don't offer returns on used devices. I told them that they most certainly did not send a battery. After some time, they responded saying they entered my zip code incorrectly and that they will send it to my correct zip code. When it listed the "correct" zip code, it was wrong yet again. I said I don't want a battery and I really don't want a product from such an incompetent company. They can't even get a zip code right. I also said that Paypal's buyer protection supersedes their "no return" policy. I guess this pissed them off.

Next, Davinci responded to my claim, then escalated it with paypal begging them to side with the seller. By escalating the claim, I can no longer type a rebuttal to their lies. Their response is absolutely horse shit:

We have made multiple attempts to satisfy the customer with either repairing or replacing his unit.The customer has admitted to using the unit and it being fine until he did something that caused an issue.We offered to send the customer a battery to resolve his issue, which we did. We have now even offered to send him a brand new unit in exchange for what he thinks is a defective unit that he has.He now wants a refund from an order that is 3 months old, per our return policy, we will not refund anything past 14 days especially if it is in used condition. Please close this claim in our favor as this is not fair to us as a store to have to refund someone for a used product that can be put back into inventory.

They never offered to repair or replace the unit. They never sent me a battery. I have only used the product according to the instructions so there is no way I could have "did something that caused an issue." They most certainly have never offered a brand new unit.

I am posting this here so that potential buyers are better informed. Terrible customer service is much worse than a terrible product, but I guess they have both.

Again this isn't my personal experience but a direct link can be found HERE

AmsterDAB16,
Reactions: BigJr48

Mr Mellish

Probably the lawyers in their never ending effort to remove any possibility of liability no matter how inconvenient to the end user.

Isn't that pretty common with vape pens? I know the Persei also has this. My assumption is that it was meant to protect the user from accidentally firing the thing up. I recently had an electric toothbrush packed in my luggage and heard this strange whirring sound. It turns out that the on button was activated somehow while tossing the luggage in my room. No idea how long it was running but it was unfortunate and unexpected.

I'm not suggesting there aren't better ways of doing it, just thinking that they settled on a fairly common way to protect the user.

Baron23

Isn't that pretty common with vape pens? I know the Persei also has this. My assumption is that it was meant to protect the user from accidentally firing the thing up.

That's exactly it....to prevent it from turning on accidentally...and avoid a suit over burnt huevos when it fired up in some kids front jeans pocket. .

But there are better ways to do this, IMO.

Cheers

BornRedEyed

Seems to be a lot of hate on this board in regards to customer service and RMA's, so wanted to share my experience.

I just received my RMA back for a cracked oven. I must say this new unit seems to be way better. I don't know if they worked out some kinks or what. But, this new unit doesn't get near as hot and the buttons seem way more responsive. With that said I never had an issue smashing the button 5 times to turn on anyways.

Also, my experience has been great with customer service. Started with a DM on this site and had a RMA# within an hour. All of my emails were answered same day. Took 18 days from start to finish.

cobra505

Defined
Hey anyone have any experience with this case:

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-cases/ryot-smellsafe-pack-ratz/

I am thinking of getting it but no idea if i should.
Yeah I don't know what it is about these units but these things just stink. They emit smell everywhere. They may be stealthy as far as looks and feel and concealment, but if your a gal and just leave it in your bag like my wife did her whole bag smelled. She had to fabrez it, LOL.

cobra505,

aaasey786

Lucky you, still haven't got a response from this site, email, or phone for 2 weeks. I did have conversations with them on Facebook but nothing came out of it yet

Seems to be a lot of hate on this board in regards to customer service and RMA's, so wanted to share my experience.

I just received my RMA back for a cracked oven. I must say this new unit seems to be way better. I don't know if they worked out some kinks or what. But, this new unit doesn't get near as hot and the buttons seem way more responsive. With that said I never had an issue smashing the button 5 times to turn on anyways.

Also, my experience has been great with customer service. Started with a DM on this site and had a RMA# within an hour. All of my emails were answered same day. Took 18 days from start to finish.

aaasey786,

shaolinmilk

And this is why I always wait before purchasing a new vape to see real user's review and not paid ones. I was so close to getting this... but the CS issue is seriously putting me off.

shaolinmilk,

aaasey786

And this is why I always wait before purchasing a new vape to see real user's review and not paid ones. I was so close to getting this... but the CS issue is seriously putting me off.

To be honest CS really ticked me off but the vape is worth it. Finally got in touch with Davinci through the phone and they are sending me a new unit. I should get it by Friday or Saturday !!!!!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
One final question (I hope). So I received my tracking number for my new device yesterday - shipped priority mail via USPS. However, I entered the tracking number on the USPS website this morning, and it can't be found. I read online that USPS recycles tracking numbers. It could also be a case of USPS not having the package yet. Anyone else experience this?

It sometimes takes 24hrs for the tracking to update in the system. If you check now it should show

Time to review the IQ after getting it in the mail yesterday.

First my friend warned me to turn it on before putting any herb into it to burn off residue oils from the factory. The moment I turned it on for the first time it made this weird clicking sound that would not stop until I turned it off. This clicking sound also reappeared when trying to vape it while charging.. WHY?!?!

After turning it off, I began to pack the chamber and packed it to the brim. I quite liked how the pearl squished everything down in the chamber to make it very tight. Fast forward three hour later after dinner and I go over to my neighbor's house whose parents were not home. It was me and three other friends who were going to try it for the first time.

The beginning of the sesh went well among us or the first few minutes until I realized the IQ suddenly shut off on itself when passing it to then next person in rotation. This pattern was pretty evident for the remainder of the sessions that night. I'm not sure why this happens spontaneously but I am curious if anyone else has ran into this problem? Another thing that was pretty alarming on how mother fucking hot this vape gets in your hands around +10 minutes (I know it is supposed to shut off in 10 mins so is it bad if I go past the 10 mins in a session???)

Besides the random shut offs, it was a great vaping experience, my friends and I were really taken back by the robust flavor in the beginning 1 and 2 smartpaths. From 2-4 smartpaths, the clouds of vapor were tremendous and not rough which made it enjoyable so that the air flow resistance of vapor is low which is a definite plus!!!

Anyways, the Davinci IQ is a great vape that is comfortable in the hand, has a sleek design, produces great vapor that tastes yummy, easy to draw from, and works well in large groups which is important to me.

Was it randomly shutting off or was it reaching the end of the Smart Path session at the 10min mark.

Yeah, this is what my IQ came with. I just ordered 2 more because the IQ wont heat up with Sony 30 amp batteries at all (VTC5, VTC4 or VTC3). It vibrates and displays battery life when trying to turn the unit on using the Sonys but then the leds go black and nothing happens.

Have you noticed any physical differences in the batteries? Is the fit on the SONY batteries good inside of our battery chamber?

Anyone know what happened to the water attachment on Davinci's website?

Currently sold out. When items go out of stock on our site they are removed to avoid confusion.

What's everyones preferred temp when using the IQ or do you all favour the smart path pre set temp stepping? I have a pre owned IQ coming soon (next week infant) and I'm looking for a seasoned IQ vaper to chime in and give me a foot up.

A lot obviously depends on the user and there preference but before I even have the device in had I'm favouring the smart path 2 as a simple plug and play option but I'm keen to hear opinions from others. I'd probably not bother with the app, would be nice to have and use perhaps but doesn't seem a standout product overall, perhaps for the more techy among us.

For the record I'm a flavour lover above all else, I like cloud blowing too hence the idea I'd be more inclined to the SP2?

All add my personal 2 cents. I exclusively use the Smart Paths. I'll admit I'm bias because I helped design the concept and I personally set the temp ranges for the default paths.

Overall I like it because I find the best experience with vaporizers by having a session at multiple temps throughout the session. Automation is the way of the future. I find myself using Smart Path 2 and 3 a lot but I use my custom path almost exclusively. I start low at 365 for all the flavor hits then I sit at 380 for about 6mins. Last 2 mins I roast it at 395 and I call it a day.

Hey guys, I have been monitoring this thread for a long time. I thought i was lucky since i haven't had any issues with my IQ. But last week my bad luck started. While I was deep cleaning my IQ, i was trying to remove the zirconia ball from the little connector and the connector broke off of the plate and is lodged inside the zirconia ball. I have continued vaping by putting the ball on top of the load, but the taste seems to be a little off. The next thing that happened was the magnet near the mouth piece detached from its original location. Now every time i open the mouthpiece, the magnet sticks to where the battery is located and is quite annoying to re position it each time i open the top part of the IQ. Finally, today I noticed a crack in the oven. Ive tried calling and emailing CS to no avail for 2 weeks. I Pmed @Davinci_vaporizer last Thursday and received no response yet but I'm sure he will get back to me here as most people with issues have gotten a response on this forum. I really loved the IQ while it was all in one piece and I hope something can be done to fix my situation. I have attached an imgur link with pictures to better explain this scenario. Does anyone have any advice in regards to continuing using my vape and any other tips?

http://imgur.com/a/rZFcd

Hey man! I saw your DM's already replied to you there. Lets get a warranty going for you!

Peace all!

I have had some battery issues. I tried to make my way through some earlier discussion, but got lost quick without just asking.

Should I be looking to use something else besides the "stock" batteries that I got from Davinci? (I know my bud @Baron23 is expert on this kind of stuff)

Thanks in advance.

:peace:

What battery issues have you experienced?

Can the unit function without the post that the pearl sits on?
I'm asking because I just finished giving my IQ a thorough cleaning only to realize that the post the pearl sits on looks a bit wobbly, like as if it would give away with a spirited pull or tug.

I've read posts about people suggesting that you just dap the pearl or scrape it clean of debris when cleaning as removing the pearl from this post is a bit tricky and prone to adding wear and tear on it.

I'm not seeing any replacement posts, so I'm assuming if it comes off, your unit is sorta doomed to have to do without it?

Replacement posts are not on the website yet but will be shortly. We currently will be repairing or replacing the posts under warranty. Can the IQ be used without the Pearl Post? Yes techinically but it would be annoying to have a loose pearl clicking around in your oven. Best to have it repaired or replaced when possible. Also unless you are using the pearl to reduce the size of your oven there is really no need to remove it or play with it for cleaning. Just a simple wipe.

Agree! Who thought it was a good idea to require 5 rapid button presses?? It's like they had a design meeting, somebody suggested 2 or 3 button presses, and someone else (probably higher ranking) was like "eeeeehhhh....we better make it 5." And everyone else at the meeting was too afraid to disagree. lol

Hahahaha that's definitely not what happened but it did give me a good laugh. The reasoning behind the 5 button click was the fact that a 5 click is almost a standard in the vaporizer industry with vape pens, e-cigs, and box mods. Several of other dry herb vaporizers also use this activation method.

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Well.. I had a rma all set up for an un related issue. My girlfriend was taking her time sending it in. I'm glad she waited, the lower half of the lights just stopped working. We're probably going to send it in quick now!

Replacement posts are not on the website yet but will be shortly. We currently will be repairing or replacing the posts under warranty. Can the IQ be used without the Pearl Post? Yes techinically but it would be annoying to have a loose pearl clicking around in your oven. Best to have it repaired or replaced when possible. Also unless you are using the pearl to reduce the size of your oven there is really no need to remove it or play with it for cleaning. Just a simple wipe..

Thanks for the response, yet again. However I don't think I would be able to repair/replace my post that easily seeing as to how I don't live in America and would have to do alot of International shipping. I used to clean the pearl with the metal tool and attack it with Cotton swabs dipped in Isoprophyl, but recently I decided to let all the removable parts soak in overnight, the pearl included and noticed the post looking a little wobbly. Like it's ripped on one end. Bleh.

I'll try my best to never have to remove it again since I'm not using it as a spacer (spacers on the way!) and really shouldn't have been twisting it around (The post) when trying to remove the pearl in the first place. Thanks for the response and update in regards to what y'all plan on doin' with the post problem(s). Cheers.

CabbieCam

Thanks for the response, yet again. However I don't think I would be able to repair/replace my post that easily seeing as to how I don't live in America and would have to do alot of International shipping. I used to clean the pearl with the metal tool and attack it with Cotton swabs dipped in Isoprophyl, but recently I decided to let all the removable parts soak in overnight, the pearl included and noticed the post looking a little wobbly. Like it's ripped on one end. Bleh.

I'll try my best to never have to remove it again since I'm not using it as a spacer (spacers on the way!) and really shouldn't have been twisting it around (The post) when trying to remove the pearl in the first place. Thanks for the response and update in regards to what y'all plan on doin' with the post problem(s). Cheers.

The post is very simple to replace. So, get them to mail you one when they are available, or just buy it off the website when available.

beryllium30

Yeah I don't know what it is about these units but these things just stink. They emit smell everywhere. They may be stealthy as far as looks and feel and concealment, but if your a gal and just leave it in your bag like my wife did her whole bag smelled. She had to fabrez it, LOL.
Huh Thanks! Did not buy it yet. Will go to my local e cig shop and maybe ask them if they have something :)

CabbieCam

I can't say I've had the same experience as you. The IQ is my least smelling vape, compared to the Ascent and Pax2. The only smell I find with the IQ is after its turned off and not emptied. If I'm worried about stealth I take the extended mouthpiece off and put the unit in a mason jar, easy solution.

Top Bottom