• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

cobra505

Defined
flower, spacer, pearl
Ya, in all other Pen, style vapes that use oil/wax's these things are called screens but for Davinci's purposes there using them or calling them spacers, for the users who don't want to fill the whole chamber with product. I have a pen that uses the same exact thing only ceramic & smaller that's used for wax.

cobra505,

CabbieCam

First things first, I love a working, no parts broken, IQ. It's an awesome vape, the best I've tried and owned.

However, for some reason which people can speculate to all they want, the customer support at Davinci is embarrassing. I attempted to resolve some issues I had had with the IQ the moment I started using it. Sadly, they refused to help me except for me to send back my brand new unit and wait for repair/replacement. Living in Canada has its downfalls, one of them is shipping and customs from the US. It would have taken about a week to ship there and a week back plus however long it takes for them to get to it, diagnose it, fix it (if they do) and mail it back or send another. I'm fairly sure I would be waiting at 3+ weeks. I suggested a compromise, cross shipping, but nope. So, because the issue was annoying, but did not render the unit unusable, I chose to hold off. The original issue I was having was the unit shutting off if jostled or set down with any amount of force (you can see video of the problem at
).

A couple weeks later other issues start to pop up, as listed:

*The spring in the battery compartment was overcompressed, or something along those lines, as jostling it or putting it down hard enough (not hard at all) turns the unit off.

*Just today (Minday), the post for the pearl broke :-(

*The magnet on the top lid came out after being on for 10 minutes.

*The unit gets uncomfortably hot the longer it is on. Depending on the temperature it can become very uncomfortable to hold. I have owned an Ascent and a Pax2 previously and I don't believe they ever got so hot on the exterior.

*Unit sometimes just turns off on it's own. This has started happening recently, I have a slight speculation that it may have something to do with the app, but I'm not too sure yet.

I was promised by Monica that I would hear today from her about my warranty claim. Unfortunately, the promise has been broken (unless I hear from them later tonight, which is unlikely).

So, given all this BS, my recommendation is to not buy the IQ directly from Davinci. They won't treat you like a valued customer. They are not reliable. They will not get back to you in an reasonable amount of time (24-48hrs), unless you hound them, even then the only person that can be hounded per se is whomever manages their social media. They don't answer the phone or return voicemail. They don't seem to care because, fuck it, they have you hostage in a way, they already have your money if you bought through them.

I wish, so so so much, that I had purchased it locally, even though it was about $100CAD more expensive. At least I know the unit would have been simply exchanged at the first sign of trouble.

If your going to buy, buy locally or from one of the reputable online head shops.

TLDR: Davinci as a company has horrible after purchase customer care. Don't buy from them, buy locally or through your favorite online store. Even if it is more expensive. My sanity and the time I've wasted, on hold, emailing, messaging, and waiting, is worth a hell of a lot more than paying extra for the IQ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5uqaik/psa_davinci_iq/

cobra505

Defined
*Unit sometimes just turns off on it's own. This has started happening recently, I have a slight speculation that it may have something to do with the app, but I'm not too sure yet.
I was watching a review video that someone did early on before they came out with some of the accessories and the guy doing the review had the same issue. When he first paired the app with the unit no matter what he did the unit would not shut off. The only way he could get it to shut off was to take out the battery. After speaking to Davinci he ended up doing a factory reset and everything was fine.

fumes

*The spring in the battery compartment was overcompressed, or something along those lines, as jostling it or putting it down hard enough (not hard at all) turns the unit off. /

I had this exact problem. It pretty much started after a small drop of my IQ, then got progressively worse.

Really simple fix, remove the battery and look into the battery hole.
Down the end of the tunnel you'll see a golden metal tab on top of a spring. You just need to bend that tab upwards just a bit. I reached down there with a set of long handled tweezers.

Took 30 seconds and not a problem since

Just today (Minday), the post for the pearl broke :-( /

Yeah, seems to have happened to a few people. When I first encountered the pearl it felt like it would break pretty easy so I very carefully screwed it out as far as I could and haven't touched it since.

The magnet on the top lid came out after being on for 10 minutes. /

Yup, had this happened too.. glued it back in

The unit gets uncomfortably hot the longer it is on. Depending on the temperature it can become very uncomfortable to hold. /

From what I've read on here and experienced I'm thinking that's just the way these vapes are. So much crammed into such a little space with metal casing, probably cant be helped too much.

Mine definitely does get rather uncomfortable to hold at the end of a session running high temps. Something I'm willing to accept though. I'd like to see something like a tight fitting skin, nothing that's going to bulk up the IQ much, just enough to get rid of the uncomfortable hotness

Despite these issues this still really is a top vape. I'm coming from a Crafty & Arizer Air, the IQ took a while to win me over but I now use it almost exclusively.

I'm one who likes to session vape but I don't often have time to sit down the 10-20 minutes. The IQ is super easy & stealthy to carry around in my hand and use on the go while providing great favour, very nice cool hits & good efficiency.

Love being able to easily swap batteries out and into my charger. I haven't even attempted to charge the battery while in the IQ

I'm also one who generally likes to do a load of 0.12-0.15g and this really was not working well in the start until I realised how much a spacer helps. I've just been using a fine pipe screen from my Air which I cut and folded into a bit of a cone and have been tapping it down on top of the load. Bit annoying I guess but quick to insert and remove with needle nose tweezers which I also use to loosen up the load at the same time.

I also put a screen folded like this inside the flavour chamber. I found without it i was occasionally inhaling tiny bits of herb if I grind too fine.
The other day when I opened the flavour chamber there was quite a build up of super oily super fine grind. Back into the heater with this provided some very thick clouds.

I'd love to get a hold of the glass spacers which I'm hoping will improve my IQ experience even more. However being all the way in Australia, last time I checked Davinci's store wants to charge me US$46.50 shipping just for some tiny spacers.. Hoping the Australian distributors going to be carrying parts soon...

Last edited:
What should I be doing with my Flavor chamber after a solid month worth of useage? I'd think to clean it like I normally do each month but if I'm not mistaken, the "Gunk", when collected has to be potent enough to do some damage on their own in some way shape or form.

I'm new to this, with the IQ being my first ever vape, so forgive me if this seems like a noobish question but I'm still learning as I go and enjoy this new experience and all that. I think someone said that they dunk it in milk and leave it for a bit and I'm sure someone said something along the lines of making hot chocolate with it.

What do y'all do?

Kovape

Covape
Yeah I can't decide if they are having so many problems with the iq that customer service is way too busy, or they just need to hire more cs workers or something.

On instagram they said that they have been out of electricity for 2 days and for that their customer service was slow. That really explains the weeks it takes them weeks to get back to people .:rofl::clap:

Reggie Watts

Love the glass spacers. These eliminate the only problem I had with the IQ, having to stir the bowl mid-session or ending up with less-extracted material on top, some of which stuck to the pearl. No longer.

I find myself using the small spacer, because it still allows me to load a significant amount of herb for a 10 minute session, but totally eliminates the need to stir and clean the pearl afterwards. But I can see the large spacer being useful for those who like to microdose.

Mr Mellish

Love the glass spacers. These eliminate the only problem I had with the IQ, having to stir the bowl mid-session or ending up with less-extracted material on top, some of which stuck to the pearl. No longer.

I find myself using the small spacer, because it still allows me to load a significant amount of herb for a 10 minute session, but totally eliminates the need to stir and clean the pearl afterwards. But I can see the large spacer being useful for those who like to microdose.

Damn you, @Reggie Watts! You and your damnable ruminations! You are pushing me ever closer to the VAS
event horizon!

BigJr48

Do you use a screen on the bottom of the chamber? Or just flowers then glass spacer?

Surf Monkey

I asked in a earlier post about the honey comb glass spacers that Davinci sells, Focus Pro Pens have ceramic type filters that are similar. Now that I have the unit the Davinci glass ones would be much bigger to fill that gap. Did you purchase the glass spacers? I just started playing around with the app myself. Really like the video tutorials.

No spacers in use here, but they're on my "buy and try" list. The chamber is large.

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
So I've slowly accumulated all the accessories for my gf's IQ. She has the spacers, the bag, replacement for every zirconia piece for a cleaning rotation, spare battery, and the 10mm adapter (for use with owned water pipe). All I need now is that damn pearl post. I really wish the CS team would just let me send the unit in for a new one, after the repeated run around that went on for two months. The dang warranty will run out before I ever get the post, then I will be really screwed! Lol.
The newest additions, (bag and spacers) are great, I'm jealous of her bag compared to my FF2 lol I really like the feel of the interior material, and I think it has a little zip up smell proof pocket. Sweet little bag that fits her herb, extra battery, cleaning brush, and IQ real nice.
I haven't had a chance to try it with the spacers yet, but I'm hoping it'll help us conserve herb even more now. Especially with the tiny loads I use in my ff2. It's CRAZY how much longer our herb lasts now that we each have vapes... it really blows me away. We went from each having our own little glass piece and lighter, to now, and it takes twice as long to run out.

cobra505

Defined
The Davinci rep recommended putting the spacer on top of the herbs and below the pearl, so that's what I do.
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of what the pearl supposed to do as far as heat distribution to the chamber. From what I read about the Pearl and Davinci IQ and the early developments of the IQ they were having a problem with heat distribution until they the Pearl. Just my 2¢.

I'd love to get a hold of the glass spacers which I'm hoping will improve my IQ experience even more. However being all the way in Australia, last time I checked Davinci's store wants to charge me US$46.50
That's crap, to US it's 9 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of what the pearl supposed to do as far as heat distribution to the chamber. From what I read about the Pearl and Davinci IQ and the early developments of the IQ they were having a problem with heat distribution until they the Pearl. Just my 2¢.
Seems to me it could potentially add a bit of convection to the vape after the spacer is fully heated as you'd be pulling air through the hot spacer before it hits the herb ... at least that's how it appears to me after watching every youtube review out there. My IQ is in the mail right now so I wont be able to fully inspect the design for a couple more days.

Last edited:

BigJr48

That's crap, to US it's 9 bucks.
Even for $9 is still crap, for a set of spacers that barely weigh a cost of two stamps.

Reggie Watts

We recommend having the spacer between the load and the pearl for 2 reasons. First because the honeycomb airflow in the spacer would not perfectly line up with the vents of the oven. It dosen't take too much a difference but can effect airflow. The next reason is because the spacer behind the load at the end of your load will start to retain some heat and transfer that heat back to your herbs and give better vapor production.
Bumping for those who might have missed it...

disGRUNTled

Using the IQ tonight Mystery strain. Watching UFC Fight Night Halifax.
oZp2GiH.jpg

CabbieCam

Davinci CS seems to have gone silent on Reddit and on here. I still haven't heard back from their support on my lemon of an IQ, was promised by Monica that I would hear from her last Friday, complained to whoever responds on Facebook Messenger about the broken promise. The longer the day goes on the more disappointed I get, as the likelihood of a resolution sooner than later diminishes.

Has anyone tried other means to force a resolution? Like using their credit cards warranty protection, doing a charge back, filling a dispute with PayPal (if you used it to purchase), or something else?

CabbieCam,

CabbieCam

Maybe their office is closed for the President's Day holiday?
Perhaps, I don't live in the US. Doesn't change my situation with them, just another potential excuse. I just messaged them on Facebook Messenger, so hopefully I can update soon.

CabbieCam,

CabbieCam

I have resolved my situation with Davinci. So, please disregard my postings about Davinci customer service. They do have good support, it is just a little slower than I'm accustomed to right now.

Also happy to report that they have a warehouse in Canada now, so shipping should be faster for us Canadians!

Top Bottom