1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Kovape

Kovape Covape

@Davinci_vaporizer

I was sent the wrong color davinci iq. Tomorrow will be 1 week since I first emailed customer service. I have not even gotten a reply.after I emailed , I waited 72 hours and then I called customer service and left a message. Nobody ever answers the phone there. Nobody returns calls or emails?! Apparently I'm not a valued customer.

It's redicuolous that People have to sign up for a forum to get help on a product with a 10 year warranty lol.

In comparison, I recently had a problem with my pax 1. I received reply to my email warranty request within hours. And 1 week later they sent me a brand new pax. And this was right when they released the pax 3. Great customer service! I'm sure they were busy but still valued their customer even though it was a pax 1!

So I am yet another disappointed customer with da Vinci. It seems like there are a lot of issues with the davinci and that is why they customer service is so busy?

Not sure what more I can do here to get a reply from customer service. I have a 300$ baby blue paper weight. Kinda wish I could try my new vaporizer but obviously I can't use it and then return it for the color that is on my receipt.

Obviously I want my problem fixed, but also I want people looking for a new vaporizer to hear about issues myself and others are having with the company before buying

2. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Send a PM directly @Davinci_vaporizer, you should get a reply this week.

3. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Curious did you buy directly from DiVinci or 3rd party?

Davinci_vaporizer, Kovape and BigJr48 like this.
  4. Pharoh

Pharoh Well-Known Member

We'll I've had two sessions with my new IQ and I have to say...This little machine is very very nice!! I like it much better than the Grasshopper i got a couple of weeks ago.... thinking about selling the GH....

5. oddjobold

oddjobold Well-Known Member

Come to the conculsion this vape is not for me.

Pros:

Form factor fits well in the hand.
    Like the precision temp selection.
    Removable batteries.
    Reliably produces lots of vapour.
    Good party vape or with a group of friends.
    Heats up quick.
    No learning curve.
    Built well.

Cons:

Too fidlly with lots of little parts. Not essy to clean.
    Taste is good for conduction - but nothing special. Find that the tasty first few pulls dont last very long.
    Smartpaths are pointless why not just change the temp manually?
    Bowl too big. Even with a spacer bowl lasts ages. Cant always be bothered to do 2 back to back sessions for 20mins to finsh one. End up feeling like puffing billy. All that puffing leads to chest irritation for me.
    Takes a lot of herb to fill a bowl.
    Switching between smartpath mode and precision mode is fidly.
    Not good for vaping with 1 person.
    Scratches easily.

I think this vape has made me realise that i really am not a "conduction session" vape kinda of guy.

The IQ is good at what it does - make sure you like session vapes before you buy it.

I brought a swift pro at the sametime and it gets way more use. My IQ sits in a draw.

However my new omnivap beats them both.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
    vapen00b, Justpassedu, PPN and 2 others like this.
  6. Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts Well-Known Member

Because it's convenient to not have to do that?

I love the smart paths, and the IQ has become my #1...but unlike you, I'm a big session vaper.

7. Forbin's Dog

Forbin's Dog Well-Known Member

I received my spacers and Honeybird combo on Friday. These accessories have elevated the IQ to a new height for me, and I was already pleased with my purchase. I've only used the larger spacer so far, and it works great. I use a fraction of what I'd use on a normal load with the pearl extended, and get very satisfying results on Smartpath 3. The hits are very full, and the load is just about spent at the end of the 10 minutes. If one of your complaints about the IQ is the oven size then you need to buy a set of spacers. The Honeybird also works great. Also picked up the carrying case, and am happy with that as well. The best part is I got it all for free thanks to my rewards points.

8. iqtester

iqtester New Member

*Update on my first IQ pack*

(Packed full and tight)

Session 1:
    Smart path 1 for 2-3 small hits. I was head changed and where I wanted to be and powered the IQ down. After powering the IQ down, I continued to puff to take the remaining vape out of the oven and opped the bottom cover quick to release the air in the oven.

Session 2: Same as session 1

Session 3: Same as session 1

Session 4: Same as session one with the 3rd puff being a power boost to see what it could do.

Session 5: Smart path 2 with a friend. 3 hits a piece. Unit was powered on for about 3-4 mins.

Stirred herb and noticed it is almost spent but still has some life left.

Session 6: 2 small hits and powered down immediately when finished. Did not draw excess vapor or open the case this time to cool the oven.

When I stirred, I noticed the bowl is almost spent but still has some more usage. I haven't gone above Smart Path 3 other than the one time I used boost mode for one hit. I will probably use Smart path 3 next session if the circumstances are right...don't want to over medicate and I will reiterate, I have a low tolerance and prefer to micro dose.

Session 7: 4 hits on smart path 2. Hits are getting less powerful, although definitely still effective. I took one more hit than usual to make up for the inevitable decrease in strength. I am going to keep going with this first pack to see how far it will go taking ultra short sessions. Please keep in mind I am not looking to get really stoned or anything. Just a quick head change before working out to make it more enjoyable. I think at this point I could still fire this thing up on smart path 4 and get a group session successfully. I will keep hitting this the way I have been just to see the stamina of a full pack. Even though I bought the spacers, I may keep using full packs because it is working extremely well for my application. I don't mind that it is getting less powerful as I am not looking to get too crazy. Anyways, thought I would keep this ultra short session test going until the first pack is cashed. Very happy with the results so far as I have gotten well over 20 hits out of this thing so far including a small group session with a friend.

I also received the spacers in the mail but obviously have not used them yet. They were lighter than I anticipated but in a good way. I feel like if I dropped these on concrete, they wouldn't even break. Not sure about this just a feeling when I felt them. Almost feel like plastic in the hand but they are not plastic.

Peace!

9. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Guess who finally got their RMA back, that's right, me:rockon::rockon::rockon:!!!! Got 2 packages from Davinci and a third from IMRbatteries. After a long day of counting down the seconds I raced to the bus, to catch the train, transferred to a connecting train, got off and made a half mile dash home. With that being said you can imagine why I've been hurting so much for my IQ's return, it's been a long lonely trip everyday:freak: in it's absence. Anyway I made it home, walked pass my wife and ignored the dinner she had set on the table and sat down to open my packages one by one with my coat still on and all:drool:. Here's what I have to say...

package 1- started with the smallest one, took out the pearl and spacers. pearl's a pearl, one of the spacers is broken:bang:. The longer of the 2 spacers had chips on the side of both ends. Small matter, Tim from CS, will take care of me, he's been kicking ass so far in the few times I had to contact CS. I believe @sixtysix said he haven't heard back on an issue, hope that reply came thru for u.

package 2- pair of spare sanyo batteries, some battery cases and a Nitecore D2 charger(Charger winded up being defective-left slot charges in 3.5 hours and right side takes 6.5 hours to charge a battery. I didn't figured this out till later but anyway I'll sort that out with IMR today:\)

package 3-by this point my wife got the hint and she took my plate away:disgust:. I thought I'd try being more civilized so I took off my jacket and got right back to my seat to inspect my prize. Box was clean and smooth-goood, definitely a nice start, my first IQ came in a box with smudges and the IQ had oil on it. Taking out the unit unit made me remember exactly why I chose to get this over any other vaporizer on the market, it's absolutely gorgeous. Davinci has definitely been paying close attention to all the suggestions and comments because I can tell you I'm holding a perfect model in my hand. To start the mouth piece fits perfectly tight and snug into place now. All hinges move is perfect precision and all doors shut perfectly into place, last unit the bottom door sits slightly lopsided when shut. Magnets seem stronger too because it grips the doors much tighter than before, the mouthpiece use to push my top lid open when I put my IQ into my pocket. Buttons, as @Glass004 said, much more sensitive and less resistance. I use to struggle with the 5 buttons but I don't bother with the app now to turn on the IQ, so much happier about that.

As to the function, I'm blown away!!! Let's just say despite the fact I knew my old IQ wasn't working properly I held to the belief a replacement will just be the same thing only with a hotter oven. I thought all these grand praises were just VAS enthusiast with new toys which is why I put off the RMA for so long. I couldn't be more wrong, this monster never stops producing:goon::goon::goon:. Using the none broken spacer, I'm able to use 1/2 my previous material, and the vapor never stops coming:brow:. It finally occurred to me that moment why people enjoy session vaping. I've inspected my new unit in every detail, it is everything Davinci promised. Thank you Davinci, you guys developed a work of art. Thanks also to Tim at CS for always responding quickly and efficiently.

BTW-RMA process took 2 weeks from the time the unit was received by Davinci till the arrival of my new unit for anyone who is waiting

10. Glass004

Glass004 Consumer Advocate

Your post is great. I have enjoyed everyone of your moments exactly the same. :rofl::clap:
    About the buttons, anyone with difficulty using the five button start, consider that your buttons are not functioning properly. I am glad you noted this. I have started just packing 8 hit microloads at 430 when not doing sessions. Then with the Honeybird I am reminded of the old time bong hits I used to love. The IQ is very functional even without the app. I haven't used the app much at all.
    Tim is a star at CS, I agree:nod:
    I am gonna build up my store credits to get a free set of spacers by purchasing a 6 month warranty for my Ascent to replace the batteries. There are many ways to save with DaVinci. :clap:

11. Kovape

Kovape Covape

Will do thanks!

Bought direct from davinci

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017
    Davinci_vaporizer and BigJr48 like this.
  12. Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey Well-Known Member

My Mighty has to go in for an RMA and I decided to get one of these as a backup during the repair process. I've dabbled with conduction vapes quite a bit. Had an original Iolite, a Magic Flight, an original PAX, an Arizer Air... none of them have been as satisfying as my convection vapes. The Mighty is my daily driver and I have a Grasshopper too, but the Hopper's bowl is too small to be of much use to me.

Anyway, having read lots of positive reviews on this unit I decided it was worth a shot. Picked it over the Firefly 2 and the PAX 3 for several reasons, not the least of which is the replaceable battery. I use a dual 18650 nic vape, so swapping batteries is trivial.

Looking forward to trying it out. Should be here by the end of the week.

13. iqtester

iqtester New Member

*Update on my first IQ pack*

(Packed full and tight)

Session 1:
    Smart path 1 for 2-3 small hits. I was head changed and where I wanted to be and powered the IQ down. After powering the IQ down, I continued to puff to take the remaining vape out of the oven and opped the bottom cover quick to release the air in the oven.

Session 2: Same as session 1

Session 3: Same as session 1

Session 4: Same as session one with the 3rd puff being a power boost to see what it could do.

Session 5: Smart path 2 with a friend. 3 hits a piece. Unit was powered on for about 3-4 mins.

Stirred herb and noticed it is almost spent but still has some life left.

Session 6: 2 small hits and powered down immediately when finished. Did not draw excess vapor or open the case this time to cool the oven.

When I stirred, I noticed the bowl is almost spent but still has some more usage. I haven't gone above Smart Path 3 other than the one time I used boost mode for one hit. I will probably use Smart path 3 next session if the circumstances are right...don't want to over medicate and I will reiterate, I have a low tolerance and prefer to micro dose.

Session 7: 4 hits on smart path 2. Hits are getting less powerful, although definitely still effective. I took one more hit than usual to make up for the inevitable decrease in strength. I am going to keep going with this first pack to see how far it will go taking ultra short sessions. Please keep in mind I am not looking to get really stoned or anything. Just a quick head change before working out to make it more enjoyable. I think at this point I could still fire this thing up on smart path 4 and get a group session successfully. I will keep hitting this the way I have been just to see the stamina of a full pack. Even though I bought the spacers, I may keep using full packs because it is working extremely well for my application. I don't mind that it is getting less powerful as I am not looking to get too crazy. Anyways, thought I would keep this ultra short session test going until the first pack is cashed. Very happy with the results so far as I have gotten well over 20 hits out of this thing so far including a small group session with a friend.

Session 8: Ok, the bowl is cashed. Smart path 3 for 4 hits and didn't feel the effects too much. Full battery while in this session. I am so impressed with this pack that I may never use the spacers with the style of vaping I prefer. The spacers may come in handy when I am session vaping with a friend or two and want to expend the entire pack. Love this unit!!!

Peace!

14. almost there

All my reading on this thread or any other has lead me to believe an external charger is suppose to charge faster than the IQ. My D2 I just got from IMR is behaving very strange and I just want to see if I was misinformed. The right slot on the D2 performs a full charge in 3.5 hours and the left slot takes 6.5 hours or more. When I contacted IMR twice, Jason wrote back that this was normal and wouldn't elaborate on why this is the case. just doesn't make sense why the same drainage on a battery would charge at such different lengths, I charge one battery at a time so the discrepancy is too big to discount. I did this 4 times in total with the same results, can someone help please?

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. Vaping-in-Paradise

Vaping-in-Paradise New Member

Been lurking while reading the whole thread. I thought I would give you my thoughts on the IQ. I have a few vapes after I starting vaping with the original Iolite, I don't miss butane, that thing was like a little bomb now that I look back at it, also have two Pax 1's and a Pax 2, I picked up the IQ about 2 weeks ago. I have exclusively used a Pax as my daily driver / only means of consumption for the last 3+ years since the Pax 1 was first released.

The packaging and build quality of the IQ is on par with the Pax, at least the exterior. The interior of the mouth piece area in the IQ is a little cheap looking and seems just a little bit flimsy for a $275 unit. I was happy that the unit came with so many good quality accessories for cleaning and charging. The gift of the carry can was nice but a second battery would have been a better gift.

Now that I have the IQ, I still find myself reaching for my Pax 2 a lot of the time. I really want to like the IQ but I feel the I get inconsistent results from it. I can pack one bowl get great results and the pack the same amount of the same herb and get almost no results or very thin vapor. Most of the time I can get some results but not without fiddling with it, stirring it and temp changes ect. I am packing full bowls and using a firm pack. Let me know if you have any tips for me. I don't seem to every have this issue with the Pax.

I have tried a range of grinds from very coarse to very fine and feel that a medium fine is the best balance between draw and vapor production. With the IQ if you grind too fine you get some bits of herb in your mouth when you draw.

In term of efficiency again have to give the edge to the Pax 2. Even on low temps 1-2 petals, I get consistent even brown AVB. I do stir between sessions with both the Pax 2 and the IQ, but the IQ no matter how much a vape or how high the temp goes with IQ the AVB is not as dark. I seem to get more hits as well with the Pax 2 for the same amount of herb. I find I can also get ok results with a less than full pack for a short session with the Pax 2 but have a hard time getting similar results with a small pack in the IQ. Spacers may fix this.

I find that I rarely take the IQ out of the house as I'm not sure that it will work consistently without a lot of stirring or messing with it, which ruins the stealth and can be difficult in the dark. The IQ is also kind of more complex to use than the Pax. As far as ease of operations, Pax has just one button and it only requires 1 press to turn on/off, opposed to the 5 quick presses on the IQ.

In terms of stealth there is no question the Pax 2 is better, at least with 10mm mouth piece on the IQ. Size wise the units are similar volume but dissimilar shape. I feel that the Pax still feels smaller, more easily concealable, and easier to use discreetly in a public place. The Pax is certainly lighter too.

IQ has better flavor, no question about that, that first hit is perfect. The flavor seems to stick around for a few more hits and at higher temps with IQ too. I don't put anything in the flavor chamber anymore after doing it once. I found even a small bud restrict the airflow too and didn't really improve flavor IMO. I don't personally have any issues with the flavor of the Pax as long as you keep is clean so the resin doesn't go rancid inside the unit.

As far a cleaning goes the IQ is not hard to clean but it’s harder to clean then the Pax. The IQ has lot of little parts to take out of the unit. In some ways this is a plus as you can clean almost the entire air path by soaking in ISO and removing all the residue. In my unit the flavor chamber falls out when you open the mouth piece door. It never seems to lock into place I think by design but not sure. The main issue I have with cleaning the IQ is the area under the oven past the rubber gasket. Resin seems to build up in this area and there is not great way to clean it. I use q-tip with ISO and the brush suppled with the unit, but it never gets fully clean and overtime I think it will affect the flavor as this resin goes rancid. Let me know anyone has found a good tool or way to clean this area.

The removable battery was one of the main selling point for the IQ, but the battery doesn't last that long. You have to have at least two batteries with you just to equal the battery life of a fully charged Pax 2. I also have a 20+ 18650 batteries for my scuba lights but they don't fit in the IQ:doh:, this is not the IQ's or Davinci's fault but it is frustrating. The Pax 2's battery can get me thru a week without recharging but it would be nice if it was hot swappable or if the unit had a USB charging port like the IQ.

The other main selling point for the IQ over the Pax 3 was the "smart paths" which sounded cool on paper, but I rarely use now, unless I'm with friends that don't know how to use the IQ. I find it easier to adjust the temp manually as the vapor thins, more efficient too as sometimes there are still good hits at the lower temps left, but with the smart paths the unit just keeps rising the temp indiscriminately.

The IQ heats up pretty quick, I haven't timed it or anything but 45-60 seconds to get to 370 degrees seem about right. I usually give it another 15-30 seconds to build up the vapor before hitting it. Pax 2 may heat up just a little bit quicker but it’s not an appreciable difference. I also like that the Pax 2 goes into standby mode after 20-30 seconds when not in use, and turns off on its own quicker than the 10 mins on the IQ. I have forgotten the IQ on and came back to a wasted bowl.

I mainly stick to fairly low temp vaping 350-390. If I use a smart path I mainly use smart path 1-2 I do use 3 occasionally. I have to say even on smart path 3 it is still enjoyable both from a taste and vapor temp standpoint, I wish I could say the same for the Pax 2 on the 3rd petal heat setting. I used path 4 with a someone who combusts this weekend and they felt the vapor was too hot which it is, but the clouds were huge, I'm sure if you are running the vape thru water path 4 is great.

I was hoping that the boost mode would allow the unit to be used as a one hitter which it would if you could set an upper limit for the temp on the app (Please add this to your next update @Davinci_vaporizer)

The IQ is a good unit but it needs some fixes / tweaks. If you're a session vaper and enjoy 10-20+ mins sessions to casually vape a full .3g bowl you will be extremely happy with the IQ. I think someone else on this thread said it best in an earlier post. The IQ is a good vape if you want to GET high, but the Pax 2 will remain my choice for when I want to BE high. I typically a take a few hits over 3-6 mins then put it away for later, I still feel that the Pax 2 works better for this style of vaping. I glad I have both units but also kinda wish I have gotten the Pax 3 just as I think it would suit my vaping style better.

Overall I would put like this, the IQ is a top of the line Android phone while the Pax is iPhone. They both do their job and offer a good user experience, IQ/ Android phone may have some additional features that the Pax / iPhone doesn't, but there is something to be said about just working and simplicity of the design of the Pax / iPhone.

Pros:

• Exterior build quality on par with the pax. Interior battery compartment looks a little cheap but the unit feels good in your hand.
    • Ceramic vapor path gives best in-class flavor.
    • Removable vapor path makes those parts easy to clean.
    • Hot Swappable battery that isn't property.
    • USB charing.
    • Integrated stir stick (why doesn't every vape have this) Brilliant.
    • Innovative display

Cons:

• 5 Presses turn the unit on and off.
    • Bowl is huge and micro loads are not effective, there are spacers but hard to get where I live in the islands.
    • The adjustable pearl is a great idea very poorly executed I stoped messing with it after hearing others broke their posts or lost / broke their pearls.
    • Hard to unload especially when hot, watch that pearl it burns me almost every time.
    • Lots of small pieces to fall out and get lost or broken in the wild.
    • Putting herb in flavor chamber restricts the draw too much and really didn't improve the flavor
    • Area under the oven past the gasket holds tons of resin and is nearly imposable to clean. I think it will over time effect flavor as this area never gets truly clean.
    • Flat mouth piece is nearly useless and the 10mm adapter doesn't allow the unit to sit upright without being removed to load unload or stir. could be fixed with a shorter 10MM mouth piece as suggested by another user earlier in the thread.
    • Flavor chamber falls out when you open the mouth piece door and never seem to lock into place (I think by design but not sure)
    • Battery door latch can be difficult to get to lock at times.
    • Battery life is short and battery indicator is wildly inaccurate. They say 50 mins but it’s more like 30-40 mins of run time with real world use.
    • When using the IQ with the app your phone keeps playing the tritone sound with no way to silence it without silencing your whole phone.

Suggestions for @Davinci_vaporizer:
    • 5 Presses turn on or off come on. How about two long presses?
    • Add a user defined upper temp limit for boost mode. this would make a one hitter mode Pretty please fix in the next update @Davinci_vaporizer):love:
    • How about a hit counter in the app. It would be easy to do, I can see the temp drops slightly on the draw when looking at the app dashboard then the temp rises again it could be recored on the app and give you stats for that bowl.
    • Allow unlimited temp adjustment for smart paths currently limited to 3 adjustments. Also allow smart paths that at less then 10 mins.
    • Option to silence sounds phone plays when getting to temp when using the app. :goon:
    • Is it possible to reset the counter for the smart paths?

16. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

That's not normal for the D2, contact NiteCore maybe you'll get a replacement.

17. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

That's exactly how I describe the IQ vs. Grasshopper

18. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Grinded up some Headband threw it in the IQ .Watching Grind Mode Cyphers on Youtube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Donla94

Donla94 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm quite excited to share with you that I have decided to purchase a DaVinci as my first vaporizer after getting my first "big boy job". I decided to treat myself for all the hard work :D A majority of my friends have the Pax so I wanted to try something different, and after researching extensively I decided this one had the most added value.

However, I still would like to know your feedback regarding the NECTAR COLLECTOR® HONEYBIRD CORE & IQ GLASS SPACERS... I don't like limiting my options and would consider buying a different 10mm glass attachment if there are better ones on the market at a competitive price. Also, I see a lot of talk about these spacers and have no clue what they do besides having a prepacked amount ready. I read that some people put the spacer in the actual oven??? I would appreciate any feedback you have on these accessories.

Please & Thank You!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  20. almost there

I gave nitecore a call and the rep there said it's not something he has heard of before but it's working normal:shrug:. Jason from IMR wrote back again seeming peeved that he had to repeat the vague answer he gave me once before. Anyway I'll just deal with it. Not worth all the stress of getting into a long drawn out fight over something that costed me $15. Just a little disappointed bc a lot of people on this thread recommends IMR, I would have figured they would be a little more concern towards an inquiry about something that can be dangerous. Thanks for answering my question @BigJr48 :wave:.

Glass004, BigJr48 and WakeAndVape like this.
  21. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

welcome.

anyway the glass spacers do go inside the oven to reduce the volume of material needed to pack correctly

the honeybird core is useless without the threaded 10mm adapter unless you get a silicone 14mm universal adapter from delta 3d studios .

as far as performance with the bubbler, it works well and adds cooling without it being a huge volume of water...the more water in the bubbler, the more it takes away from the taste.

that sucks...but did you try the other modes on the charger? i know the d4 has two rapid charging slots and there is a mode where you can charge them on a faster voltage (i believe)

there is also a mode that tries to charge the batteries as a married pair and will slow down charging times if the batteries are not at the same level of depletion

ShayWhiteGrow and BigJr48 like this.
  22. sixtysix

sixtysix Well-Known Member

Still waiting unfortunately. They responded to me on reddit, but no reply once again after sending my info.

Davinci_vaporizer and BigJr48 like this.
  23. almost there

I'm sorry man, must be driving you nuts. I completely understand that feeling of seeing hope in the horizon but it's just not within reach:\. I hope things work out soon for you, can't understand why it's taking so long. Is it too personal to ask what the problem with your unit is?

Ah, so. Thanks @WakeAndVape, I'll give those buttons on the side a few pushes and see. Funny how neither the nitecore rep nor Jason from IMR mentioned that and I specifically asked about that too on my email. Anyway good to know my peeps on FC got my back:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2017
    Glass004, WakeAndVape and BigJr48 like this.
  24. Trulukkyphrank

Trulukkyphrank Well-Known Member

I had also the pax2 as my every day vape and found the IQ better in nearly every category you mentioned ^^

I used the pax2 with pusher but the IQ still works much better also with small loads in my case, and I use it since 2 months now. Maybe you need just some more excercise with the IQ to get satisfied.. Or maybe your unit is defective cause I had NEVER inconsistent results, always much better vapor than with the pax2 (I really loved my pax2, but sold it immediately when I got my new love, no brainer)

The part between the silicone gasket and oven can be cleaned perfect with some qtips, iso and a cotton pad.
    First the unit must be still warm from using, than I take a cotton pad with much iso and put in the oven, push it slightly down till the iso rins thru the oven holes into the part between the silicon gasket(cleans also the oven), this take off some resin and make it ready to get swapped by a qtip. The qtips work best when you knick the tip a little bit that they reach all hidden gaps, I make this until the qtips come clean out and then do the whole process from beginning. Heat it up, rins iso thru the oven, push knicked qtips in the silicon gasket tuill they come clean out.. I hope this helps, sorry for my bad english

Glass004, ShayWhiteGrow and BigJr48 like this.
  25. almost there

@Vaping-in-Paradise
    I don't own a pax or have enough experience with the IQ to offer any advice but I can tell you I had similar problems to your's because my unit had a faulty oven. The inconsistent clouds and not knowing if your unit is gonna work this time or not was exactly what I was going thru. I bought a new grinder and did all kinds of experiments just like you to see if the problem can be resolved. After a month of this fustration I contacted Davinci and they replaced my unit. Got the new IQ less than a week ago and it works great. Consistent clouds at lower temps, longer battery life than what I experienced before, I have no complaints. The spacers are great, a bit expensive IMO but I'm able to load small and not have half used material sit in the oven for half the day.

Trulukkyphrank and ShayWhiteGrow like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors