beryllium30

Some people (myself included) have had startup problems with the app. I suggest that you get to know the IQ on it's own before pairing it to your phone. The app is great and I love being able to define my own custom smart path but all that stuff initially gets in the way of getting to know the vape.

Enjoy. You'll love the IQ.
ok nice :D will definitely do. I dont need to run it empty without any herbs?

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
I have been loving the IQ.. broken pearl post and all! I got my new post/replacement pearl in the mail, and can't wait for it to be whole again.
My one complaint (it's really nit-picky, but still kinda bugs the ocd side of me) is my mouthpiece lid sits lopsided, the side with the magnet lays flush, but the side with the hinge sticks up enough to see a small gap. Doesn't affect the performance at all. Just aesthetics.

Splorgle,

almost there

Dag Burn it! The oven on my replacement IQ went out again after 5 days. Just like the first, it's only running at about 60% taking 10 minutes to reach 400 and draws down to 340 with a hit. a
My last RMA took 3 weeks. It's gonna suck real bad having to go through all that again.
@Davinci_vaporizer sre you having an issue with the ovens? Curious I have the same failure as before. The first time however there were times the oven stopped completely. Edit, the IQ stopped altogether. Can you grease the wheels of motion a bit so I don't have to wait three weeks for my replacement IQ again?
Got my RMA finally, seems CS issues must be thinning out bc the oven has been a consistent issue for me since the get-go. The RMA istructions were to remove all glass parts, does that mean I send it back without the flavor chamber? What about the battery and pearl? Can some one please fill me in on what has to be sent back with the IQ besides the charger? Any info would be appreciated, been dealing with this for a month so I hope to avoid any unnecessary delays. Also I believe customers who purchase vaporizers get points? I registered my IQ which I bought from Vape World but I don't see any points reflected in my account, just thought to see if anyone has info about that. Thanks ahead everyone

JamesTiberiousKirk

what im asking is, does EVERYONE has this or just some devices? I know it's "normal"

I am not sure I understand the question. If you know it's normal, why ask if it is just present in some devices?

If you mean if it is present in other temperature control devices (other than just the IQ) then yes. Yes, it is. It is the constant questioning of the device "what temp am I at? Should I re-adjust the temp?

You hold almost any tempered controlled device to your ear... you will hear that constant question and answer humming.

BigJr48

How hot should this thing be getting? I love almost everything about this vape but it's around 110-115 degrees tward the end of a sesssion.. Hottest i've seen was almost 124 degrees with my temp gun (probaby not dead acurate but fairly close)

W8yjFet.jpg
WOW!!!!!! I did a RMA for that same reason.

BigJr48,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Got my RMA finally, seems CS issues must be thinning out bc the oven has been a consistent issue for me since the get-go. The RMA istructions were to remove all glass parts, does that mean I send it back without the flavor chamber? What about the battery and pearl? Can some one please fill me in on what has to be sent back with the IQ besides the charger? Any info would be appreciated, been dealing with this for a month so I hope to avoid any unnecessary delays. Also I believe customers who purchase vaporizers get points? I registered my IQ which I bought from Vape World but I don't see any points reflected in my account, just thought to see if anyone has info about that. Thanks ahead everyone
The instructions given you were for the Ascent, there are no template RMAs for the IQ yet. i left the flavor chanber inside. There is no charger so all I returned was the IQ. The extra gear is yours for having to pay postage, deal with CS, and not have a working IQ for a month. DaVinci hadn't split hairs about such stuff in the past that I experienced. Just make sure you put RMA# on the box and label. Reply to your email from DaVinci and give them a tracking number.

almost there

The instructions given you were for the Ascent, there are no template RMAs for the IQ yet. i left the flavor chanber inside. There is no charger so all I returned was the IQ. The extra gear is yours for having to pay postage, deal with CS, and not have a working IQ for a month. DaVinci hadn't split hairs about such stuff in the past that I experienced. Just make sure you put RMA# on the box and label. Reply to your email from DaVinci and give them a tracking number.
thanks a lot @Glass004, I know the process is a no brainer for those that have done it but I never had to send anything back before. I really appreciate you making an effort to help me out instead of just skipping my post:clap:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
thanks a lot @Glass004, I know the process is a no brainer for those that have done it but I never had to send anything back before. I really appreciate you making an effort to help me out instead of just skipping my post:clap:
Everyone has to do something a first time. I am a heavy when it comes to usage of my portable vaporizer as a primary tool. I have returned 4 Iolites, 7 Ascents and 2 IQs for RMAs. Way back when, the return stuff was new to me and I learned about misplaced packages and RMAs the hard way.

I always have a backup vaperizer to use while the other is being returned. I have come to view vaporizer sales as leases, that the customer will have a working IQ for ten years. The IQ is a bargain when viewed as a lease.

The Ascent's reliability has definitely improved over time IMO as indicated by my decreasing failure occurance. DaVinci owns its own factory in "Ghina" controlling all aspects of their product's manufacturing. I am confident the. IQ will develop improved reliability and like the Ascent, the rate of product failure will decrease as the manufacturing process is fine tuned.

And then @Davinci_vaporizer is not going to tolerate a dissatisfied customer. If CS isn't up to standards, I have experienced him making things fair and right. I use current CS issues as a chance to develop my patience.

BigJr48

Everyone has to do something a first time. I am a heavy when it comes to usage of my portable vaporizer as a primary tool. I have returned 4 Iolites, 7 Ascents and 2 IQs for RMAs. Way back when, the return stuff was new to me and I learned about misplaced packages and RMAs the hard way.

I always have a backup vaperizer to use while the other is being returned. I have come to view vaporizer sales as leases, that the customer will have a working IQ for ten years. The IQ is a bargain when viewed as a lease.

The Ascent's reliability has definitely improved over time IMO as indicated by my decreasing failure occurance. DaVinci owns its own factory in "Ghina" controlling all aspects of their product's manufacturing. I am confident the. IQ will develop improved reliability and like the Ascent, the rate of product failure will decrease as the manufacturing process is fine tuned.

And then @Davinci_vaporizer is not going to tolerate a dissatisfied customer. If CS isn't up to standards, I have experienced him making things fair and right. I use current CS issues as a chance to develop my patience.
You have a lot of patience, I'm trying patiently waiting for the return of RMA IQ.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
How does it compare to the IQ?

I have an IQ and a Firefly2, they are very different vapes, really apples and oranges. I compare the IQ to the pax, and between the two I prefer the IQ for flavor performance, though I think the pax2 has less draw resistance.

The Firefly 2 is more similar to the Grasshopper which I also have. Between those two, for me its not even close, the Grasshopper is the way to fly.

The way I use my vapes is I use my convection vape (Grasshopper almost always Firefly almost never and always at home) when I want to "BE" high because you get a much stronger effect and faster. and I use my conduction vape (IQ pax2) when I want to "GET" high, that is to spend some time having the experience of vaping.

That is not to say the Grasshopper isn't a great vaping experience, in fact its my favorite, its just that I can't take 3 hits cus I'd be too high where its nice t enjoy a session with an IQ and vape for a few minutes and only end up at 7 or 8 instead of an 11 or 27 which is what would happen ripping a grasshopper for 10 minutes

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
You have a lot of patience, I'm trying patiently waiting for the return of RMA IQ.
Patience requires practice perhaps....... I have a lot of practice. I think you need to chat, message, call, or whatever (during work hours) and prod CS about your RMA IQ if it has been over 10 days. Prod them very nicely. I'm pretty sure they are tired of upset people.
How long has it been since they got your IQ? My RMA took 3 weeks and I am curious about the wait others experience. I'd really like to see CS catching up. Are you international?

Glass004,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Patience requires practice perhaps....... I have a lot of practice. I think you need to chat, message, call, or whatever (during work hours) and prod CS about your RMA IQ if it has been over 10 days. Prod them very nicely. I'm pretty sure they are tired of upset people.
How long has it been since they got your IQ? My RMA took 3 weeks and I am curious about the wait others experience. I'd really like to see CS catching up. Are you international?
I received my IQ just days before Christmas, in less then a week my RMA was issued becuse the unit was EXTREMELY HOT to hold on January 3rd it was received by Davinci.
It's January 19th, still waiting for my unit. BTW: I live in NY.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I received my IQ just days before Christmas, in less then a week my RMA was issued becuse the unit was EXTREMELY HOT to hold on January 3rd it was received by Davinci.
It's January 19th, still waiting for my unit. BTW: I live in NY.
Try doing a PM to @Davinci_vaporizer, give him your RMA and customer service number if you have it. You have waited too long and I am sure he will grease the wheels of progress. Perhaps yours is already on the way! He will find out for you.

Oh...... by the way. You have waited quite a while. In my opinion you are patient. I like your style.

BigJr48

Try doing a PM to @Davinci_vaporizer, give him your RMA and customer service number if you have it. You have waited too long and I am sure he will grease the wheels of progress. Perhaps yours is already on the way! He will find out for you.

Oh...... by the way. You have waited quite a while. In my opinion you are patient. I like your style.
I did PM @Davinci_vaporizer on Jan 6 after reading one of your post, they replied saying their techs were reviewing my unit and if any defaults the unit would be replaced. My last chat with CS, they stated that my unit would be shipping on Monday 16th which was a holiday so I waited until Wednesday to call, PM & email but they have been unresponsive.
My patience is running thin but I try to lead by example, really missing my IQ.

almost there

sorry one more question if I may, do I send the battery also? If so do I leave it in the unit or take it out and wrap it in plastic? I'm a bit nervous what the rules and responsibilities are when sending out Li batteries.

almost there,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom