almost there

Dag Burn it! The oven on my replacement IQ went out again after 5 days. Just like the first, it's only running at about 60% taking 10 minutes to reach 400 and draws down to 340 with a hit. a
My last RMA took 3 weeks. It's gonna suck real bad having to go through all that again.
@Davinci_vaporizer sre you having an issue with the ovens? Curious I have the same failure as before. The first time however there were times the oven stopped completely. Edit, the IQ stopped altogether. Can you grease the wheels of motion a bit so I don't have to wait three weeks for my replacement IQ again?
I've been shouting about my unit having these extreme drops too but I haven't received an acceptable explanation as to why the ridiculous drop in temp with my unit. Please keep me informed if there's any developments in getting this resolved. Its so completely nerve wracking keeping track of each draw to see how much heat you're losing with each hit

almost there,
Reactions: abcdicted

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I've been shouting about my unit having these extreme drops too but I haven't received an acceptable explanation as to why the ridiculous drop in temp with my unit. Please keep me informed if there's any developments in getting this resolved. Its so completely nerve wracking keeping track of each draw to see how much heat you're losing with each hit
Before my second IQ quit, it struggled to reach 400F, like it was only running at 60% capacity, then it stopped working all together. Before it broke it was heating fast and hot. If your unit is not heating up quickly or is dropping 30 degrees with a draw , I think you need to talk about getting another IQ. There does seem to be an issue with the oven reliability, not statistically relevent, but two out of two IQs I have used lost their ovens within days of purchase.
Currently during store hours the chat is not working (unless closed for MLK) I left a message on web site message board. It is maddening facing another three week wait for a working IQ again. So good luck trying to get help with resolving your too cool oven, a three week wait for your RMA replacement will test your patience for sure. Now....lets practice our breathing excersizes and we can be enlightened and merge with their CS.

pU11ZBY.jpg

This device acts like a bong of some sort (A bubbler I think it's called?) for the IQ? I'm new to all of this, so forgive my noobish questions. I've heard that you could hook this thing up to a 'water pipe' and have the same smooth taste/vapor you would with a bong.

Also, can anyone recommend any small, simple water apparatus (don't wanna call everything a bong since it's wrong) to use with this? I don't need a bunch of crazy, flashy shit, just something portable, easy to use, simple to look at. Cheers.

jay87

This device acts like a bong of some sort (A bubbler I think it's called?) for the IQ? I'm new to all of this, so forgive my noobish questions. I've heard that you could hook this thing up to a 'water pipe' and have the same smooth taste/vapor you would with a bong.

Also, can anyone recommend any small, simple water apparatus (don't wanna call everything a bong since it's wrong) to use with this? I don't need a bunch of crazy, flashy shit, just something portable, easy to use, simple to look at. Cheers.

You're looking at a perfect small simple water apparatus in the post you quoted ;).
That being the nectar collector sold by Davinci.

pHEJZyQ.png

Personally I use a hydrotube and the 10mm adapter which works amazing as well.

AnWm1hH.png

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Shout out to Sneaky Pete and his IQ review, as it saved me just now. My IQ was on and went completely unresponsive, couldn't connect to the app or respond to buttons.

It was also combusting I noticed, then I remembered this happened to Sneaky Pete and in his review he said ...

DONT PANIC! (okay I added that part but it's good advice)

1. Take out the battery
2. Clean your vape (cus your vape just combusted so it's gonna taste like garbage)
3. Put the battery back in and do a hard reser which is hold all 3 buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (it will vibrate at some point)
4. Turn it up to 11 (or 430) and do a burn or cus see (2)
5. Don't forget to reset your custom paths because they were reset.

So far it seems to be working actually better than before with respect to stability of the app.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Are people sure they are cracks? It could be the seam appearing more pronounced after the chamber walls are stained. I have had an IQ since the start and I have a very slight seam but my bowl chamber is still white so it is very hard to see. On some of the other pictures I have seen the walls of the chamber have browned and the seam looks worse than it is (or maybe mine appears better than it is.).

Very good point. In a lot of cases the "crack" people thought they had was indeed just the seam more pronounced after staining. There have actually been very few physically cracked IQ bowls that have come through.

Hi guys

so im curious about one and would like to know if someone could help me .. let's say I've been using the IQ for a while and then something happens and I need to claim the warranty and I need to return it to Davinci ,so let's say I clean as much as in can but maybe not perfectly ans there is still some residue or herb trap in the hinges , what are the legal consequences of send it a package like that from canada to usa(las Vegas Davinci headquarters) am I going to be able to send it back or not ?

thanks in advance,
cheers

You will totally fine to send it back that way. We recommend to clean it to 1) CYA (cover your ass) to remember to empty the vape before you send it in. You wont believe how many full bowls get sent in our RMA's. 2) When a package has a dirty vape in it and it has been traveling in a hot mail van for 5 days it can make quite a smell.

Like I said we've had full bowls make it through our RMA process including international RMA's from Canada. Literally never had a problem not once.

What's the trick to getting big clouds? I'm using a fine grind, packing the oven full and usually hitting it around 385F. It gets the job done but the vapor is thin and kind of wispy, feels like I have to pull pretty hard to get a decent hit. (I've tried pulling gently too, and don't get much that way).

It sounds like your doing everything right. What is your definition of a "big cloud" If your looking for milky bong rips it wont be coming from a vape of any kind. The IQ gives it's best vapor with a full bowl, medium to fine grind with a firm pack. Temps 380-430 will produce the most clouds although the hotter the vapor the worse the flavor IMO.

Dag Burn it! The oven on my replacement IQ went out again after 5 days. Just like the first, it's only running at about 60% taking 10 minutes to reach 400 and draws down to 340 with a hit. a
My last RMA took 3 weeks. It's gonna suck real bad having to go through all that again.
@Davinci_vaporizer sre you having an issue with the ovens? Curious I have the same failure as before. The first time however there were times the oven stopped completely. Edit, the IQ stopped altogether. Can you grease the wheels of motion a bit so I don't have to wait three weeks for my replacement IQ again?

I'm really sorry to hear about your IQ failing. I"ll send you a DM and get your CS ticket number and see what I can do about expediting that service.

Jonah Hex

VapeLifeStore said the following to me:

"Yes, we are not on their website currently but we have been selling their products for years and promoting them as well

You are covered."

That's great news if @Davinci_vaporizer confirms this. When he does I'll give a glowing review of VapeLifeStore. I got the IQ for only $230 because they had/have? a 30% discount!

---
I asked Davinci and they are authorized.
I have purchased an IQ, Pax 2 and a Firefly 2 from Vapelife in the last month with no problems. With their discount on all 3, the Pax 2 was virtually free. Can't beat that for having to wait a few days longer. :)
Definitely recommended.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
How hot should this thing be getting? I love almost everything about this vape but it's around 110-115 degrees tward the end of a sesssion.. Hottest i've seen was almost 124 degrees with my temp gun (probaby not dead acurate but fairly close)

W8yjFet.jpg

The outside shell sees temperatures between 95-110 degrees. Your Vape dose look like it is running hotter than that. We had done a lot of testing with thermometers like the one you are using we found that these types of thermometers are accurate within 10-15 degrees so that might be the reason for the extra few degrees. Probe thermometers that you can physically touch and measure the temp of the item are much more accurate. If you do feel like your IQ is getting excessively hot them please contact us for warranty replacement.

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: sixtysix

Nostalgia1

Just got my IQ and I love it, but my device buzzes like people have said and that it is normal and I'm sort of fine it with for this great device, but it buzzes the WHOLE session, is that the same for you guys?

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Just got my IQ and I love it, but my device buzzes like people have said and that it is normal and I'm sort of fine it with for this great device, but it buzzes the WHOLE session, is that the same for you guys?
If the IQ is vibrating continuously then that is not normal. If you can get to the app there is an ability turn off the vibrate alert function. Also try turning the IQ off, then press all three buttons simultaneously for ten seconds until it vibrates. This resets your IQ. Good luck

Nostalgia1

If the IQ is vibrating continuously then that is not normal. If you can get to the app there is an ability turn off the vibrate alert function. Also try turning the IQ off, then press all three buttons simultaneously for ten seconds until it vibrates. This resets your IQ. Good luck
not talking about the vibration

Nostalgia1,
Reactions: Glass004

Southern Chef

So I have been following this forum for some weeks. And at last, I am getting my Vape this week.

Anything I should do before using it? Or any tips? :D
Some people (myself included) have had startup problems with the app. I suggest that you get to know the IQ on it's own before pairing it to your phone. The app is great and I love being able to define my own custom smart path but all that stuff initially gets in the way of getting to know the vape.

Enjoy. You'll love the IQ.

Southern Chef,
Reactions: vapen00b

Reggie Watts

what im asking is, does EVERYONE has this or just some devices? I know it's "normal"

edit, btw how does the IQ compare to the mighty?
Yes. It would be weird if only some of them did it. If anything, some people might not notice it, but it's still there.

IQ and Mighty are about on par with each other for me. They each have benefits, but overall I like them equally.

Top Bottom