crazferret

@crazferret - I actually would not expect a conduction vape, which depends to some large degree on contiguous physical contact between the oven walls and the herb load, to work well with whole nug.

Me, I would try medium to fine grind and tamp a bit but that's just me.

I didn't either. Since I was reading this thread for days, I must have gotten my wires crossed. It was probably somebody talking about the flavor chamber. Oh well, I know what to do now.

@crazferret Can you let us know if your ceramic oven cracks with use?

Will do.

crazferret,

Randy Lahey

Just cancelled my nightmare called the Grasshopper and put in for a IQ. Can't wait to give it a whirl.
I really want an IQ but and completely spooked by the ceramics cracking reports. Are you not concerned? Help alleviate my concerns lol

Randy Lahey,

BornRedEyed

I really want an IQ but and completely spooked by the ceramics cracking reports. Are you not concerned? Help alleviate my concerns lol

I'm getting more and more concerned. I have a feeling DaVinci is too, since they have not made an official announcement on this yet or if they have I haven't seen it anywhere. Since this has potential health hazards seems like it should take priority over everything else.

BornRedEyed,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I'm getting more and more concerned. I have a feeling DaVinci is too, since they have not made an official announcement on this yet or if they have I haven't seen it anywhere. Since this has potential health hazards seems like it should take priority over everything else.
Or maybe he is spending time on the job or with family. Be patient, he has a stellar history of good communication with the forum, but he is human. And just maybe.....just maybe, this isn't a big deal. I haven't been convinced by the information presented yet.
I'll hold off on making dramatic conclusions about the cracks until I have all the information, I'll wait for it.
And for total disclosure of conflicts...... I am sure going to enjoy that free hardware I'll be getting from my $71 store credit for surveys and pre market purchase. Heh heh.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Grasshopper is a half baked prototype. Runs way too hot. Hopefully they'll get their shit together. I've sent that thing in 3-4 times now. The IQ is a far better choice if you could only choose one.

I have and like both, even if I didn't have a cracked bowl, i'm not super worried about it, the grasshopper in my opinion is far and away the superior vape. If I only could have one it would for sure be the grasshopper.

That said they're very different experiences and i'm glad i have both, just hope this cracked bowl issue doesn't become a big deal.

slcbdco,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer thanks for your reply and clarification on HoneyBird vs Nectar Collector, I get it now.

As far as accessories my list is modest and likely some repeats from other posters:

- A slim fittting case custom fit for the IQ, with 10mm mouthpiece installed maybe. I like minimalist cases, just enough to protect the device from bumps/scratches, not a kit case with room for spare batteries, stash cans, cleaning, cords, etc. Go classy like with leather accents? I know BHAGs.......
- A stealth mouthpiece with less draw than the current one, something that provides a draw more similar to the 10mm. Not quite sure how that would be accomplished but I find the difference in draw between the two very significant and I dont use stealth because draw feels too restrictive. Maybe something like the 10mm but the straw part would be very very short and barely poke out of the device.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm pretty new to vaping and this kind of hardware.

Slim case is coming don't worry. I also like your ideas on the flat mouthpiece.

here are the photos:

http://imgur.com/a/VDPpm

@Davinci_vaporizer What a roller coaster of emotion has been this purchase ! , so I ordered my IQ on Nov 11(Canada) and it finally arrived today (after 2 months and after my first package got lost somewhere during the holidays), YEEEEH!!!....right!?well... NO!

So I have been reading this thread ever since I clicked check-out on the davinci's website, and I've been worrying so much that all the bad experiences that happened to others here would happen to me and with this new stories of ceramic chambers cracking and reading that ceramic is super toxic really makes me nervous(can @Davinci_vaporizer clarify this,is it toxic >are we in any danger if it cracks and we vape without noticing?) .

Well ..surprise surprise! , I got really disappointed when I finally opened it and started to get things out and notice:

- the inside of the box where it came into , the inside face of the opening door of the box , has a "greasy" stain , then I remembered reading that this happened to someone else and someone else mention that might be because @Davinci_vaporizer was in rush to catch up with pre-orders and they messed up , so I'm saying to myself " ok , its just the box "

- then after taking out what it came with I notice the inside corners of the box are all pealed or with some kind of dust and just dirty.

-I picked up the IQ and notice a "greasy" smudged in the flat mouth piece , I did open and check every other compartment and it looks clean, and it turns on .

-then I moved into the accessories, first one I open the carrying can , I open the cap and to my surprise more dirty parts, in the inside of can and can-cap there is some brownish sticky thing in the bottom and something that looks like pealed coating, WTF

-the I moved into the extended mouth piece , and again ... dirty!!! , all around the bottom part of the mouth piece are all these white particles(dust) or whatever , WTF!

-key chain.....same story ...dust all over it! again WTF!!

what a TURN OFF! this was, I'm really upset with this , you know.., how come a product that is that expensive $274(376CAD) comes in this condition ,I know I know some people could say is just some dust,
but I really didn't pay that much money from a known company to get a product that looks like i got it on sale on craigslist (used).

as for the device I cant say much , the only thing I've done with it is turn it on , I really don't feel like using it and I'm also a little paranoid to use it 'cause I don't know what that dust is and if it got inside the IQ ,and I don't want to vape on that mindset ,its not going to be enjoyable!. I will probably clean it tomorrow thoroughly but still ... what a bummer

I know @Davinci_vaporizer might be still super busy shipping new units and dealing with customer service but this is such a let down to me.

was so excited ..this sucks!

any how... cheers!

here are the photos:

http://imgur.com/a/VDPpm

Hey man! Saw your post and got your PM. Check your messages please we will make this right.

IMG_0032.jpg
[/I
IMG_0032.jpg

This is my solution for those who vap at higher temps with sensitive finger tips. I tied a leather strap around repeatedly with knot that traps its end, wrapping part of IQ with a one inch wide leather band.
No problems with heat and helps protect my IQ.

Nice DIY fix. Doing our best to get a sleeve solution for you guys.

I might as well ask this here.
How many "Sessions" do you guys have with the herb in your vape?

Now I'm new to this Vape stuff and only came about the DaVinci IQ as a present for a friend but I'm planning on getting one myself after using and enjoying it, but I'm not sure if I'm exactly doing it right, since I often find myself powering back on the unit after a 10 minute session (That's how long they last before it shuts off, righit?) and going again.

Now while it's not combustion and all, I'm sure there has to be some sort of negative effect vaping weed that's already been cooked, right or does everyone just pack the device, use two or three sessions in one bowl and call it a day?

I'd assume it's the former since alot of people have been going on about how big a bowl the IQ has and how wonky the device can get if you don't pack it tight so I highly doubt anyone is putting in fresh bud EVERY 10 minutes...but I dunno. A bit of help/insight? Cheers.

You can absolutely run the IQ oven for back to back sessions. The 10 minutes is just a safety shut off feature. Me personally I vape 2 sessions in a row 1 session on SP2 and then a second on SP3 before normally in one sitting before I dump my bowl.

I notice what looks like a seam. Is that not what I should see and is that a crack?

Yes there is a seam in the IQ oven. The cracks that some have noticed are usually along that line.

@Davinci_vaporizer, it may be expedient to address the cracking issue with a bowl redesign in future
production iQs?

We are examining the ovens that come in to determine the best fix. Already inspecting new units being built in our factory. So far we are assuming it was a small bad batch of ovens. Once we start getting the IQ's back so we can review we will know more.

Sent all the info but haven't heard from them since. No new ticket, nothing.
Any update @Davinci_vaporizer?

DM please I can give you an update on your replacement Flavor chamber.

Or maybe he is spending time on the job or with family. Be patient, he has a stellar history of good communication with the forum, but he is human.

Thanks for being understanding man! Got busy yesterday and didn't check the thread since Tuesday my my my look at the spectacle lol.

Totally understandable for you guys to be concerned for your health and safety so I'm not surprised so many of you have asked about the bowl cracking. Let me give you some information that might put your minds at ease. We source the highest quality materials available for all of our products and parts. Our ceramic under goes a curing process that takes it from a liquid/doughy state and makes it solid. After that process when the oven has its solid shape it is coated in a glass glaze that helps to further protect the ceramic from tools and scraping that can create dust. Also as another user had mentioned if there was a crack you would have to scrape and scratch with an abrasive material to create dust or particles. That being said if you notice a crack in your IQ oven instead of continuing to use it and scrape and fiddle with the crack and create that dust please contact us here at Davinci and we will promptly replace it under your 10 year warranty.

Reggie Watts

Gotta say, I love the reward system at Davinci. Not only do they offer store credit for various reasons, but you get points for every dollar spent that can be redeemed for more store credit. Doing those two things, last month I got a Honeybird combo for $12 (normally $70), and just now I got a carrying case and glass jar for free (including shipping). Never had such a good experience with a first-party vendor before.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@crazferret - I actually would not expect a conduction vape, which depends to some large degree on contiguous physical contact between the oven walls and the herb load, to work well with whole nug.

Me, I would try medium to fine grind and tamp a bit but that's just me.

I didn't either. Since I was reading this thread for days, I must have gotten my wires crossed. It was probably somebody talking about the flavor chamber. Oh well, I know what to do now.

It's counter-intuitive, but it works. I go with whole nugs in everything now. Once you adjust your expectations you open yourself up to liking it more. Longer, wispier, tastier sessions. It actually works surprisingly well in conduction vapes. If you think about it, making a fine grind and packing it down into the oven isn't much different than taking an already densely formed nugget and packing it in there as well. I mash them in there real good. Last night I did a half pack on a conduction vape and had a tasty nightcap that lasted a whole TV show and then I passed out. Glorious! I always use whole nugs in my IQ. Many will buy the IQ for its superior taste, so why not ramp that up even more by using whole nugs?

It's counter-intuitive, but it works. I go with whole nugs in everything now. Once you adjust your expectations you open yourself up to liking it more. Longer, wispier, tastier sessions. It actually works surprisingly well in conduction vapes. If you think about it, making a fine grind and packing it down into the oven isn't much different than taking an already densely formed nugget and packing it in there as well. I mash them in there real good. Last night I did a half pack on a conduction vape and had a tasty nightcap that lasted a whole TV show and then I passed out. Glorious! I always use whole nugs in my IQ. Many will buy the IQ for its superior taste, so why not ramp that up even more by using whole nugs?

Def no lost trichs with this method. I will have to give it a shot. I used to be one of those guys that refused grinders because I would rather have my trichs IN the bowl than left in the grinder but I have come around a little over the years. Still hate seeing all that lost good stuff though, but loading a chamber of raw kief is nice too so yeah boohoo lol. I would still rather keep them in the bowl though so I will give this some testing.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The IQ is perfect for it...taste city and still vapes all the way through, except that little top spot at the pearl that stays lighter even if you grind. It will take some extra draws to get the clouds flowing, but once it's heated all the way through it will work just like a ground load.

jdot23

@Davinci_vaporizer please for the love of god tell me this isnt a crack already have had this less than three weeks. already had a horrible experience with getting the IQ, had to refund my order because you guys took so long and now this. going to lose it if this is a crack already. 300$ for this and already having issues...

photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/1w9jkj4Sz6oVayR5A

if someone could please advice or verify the crack id greatly appreciate it

jdot23,

hitmeman

@Davinci_vaporizer please for the love of god tell me this isnt a crack already have had this less than three weeks. already had a horrible experience with getting the IQ, had to refund my order because you guys took so long and now this. going to lose it if this is a crack already. 300$ for this and already having issues...

photos:

Looks like the seam to the bowl I have that

hitmeman,
Reactions: Glass004

Volteric

VapeLifeStore said the following to me:

"Yes, we are not on their website currently but we have been selling their products for years and promoting them as well

You are covered."

That's great news if @Davinci_vaporizer confirms this. When he does I'll give a glowing review of VapeLifeStore. I got the IQ for only $230 because they had/have? a 30% discount!

Last edited:

hengsta

photos:

Ceramic will crack if temps get hot enough. It should be covered by the warranty. Try the red chat bubble on the bottom right of their website when you log on. I was able to get a Rep within 5 minutes to help answer my questions.

hengsta,
Reactions: Glass004
Top Bottom