Vaporcussion

And as far as using glass stars (screens) I used them with the Ascent, but found them a pain.

Agreed. Spills out all over the table. The Vapir pads work great, but again, total pita to get out. Both the Ascent and IQ suffer from dump/reload issues (no quick /easy way) I really hope they do more than sell simple spacers...

In my opinion turning on and off should be changed to 1 long press because:

YES!!

boost - CHANGE IT TO: 1 click + hold
  • You don't use boost as often as turning the vape on and off (5+5 clicks is kinda too much) boost can be changed to 1 click + hold
  • less wear and tear for the buttons <3

Excellent points, couldn't agree more. I hope they fix that with an app update; the other thing is to let us see the actual battery life in percentage, through the app

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
i would love to purchase this device but most reviews say the same thing in regards to the overheating issue. Is the company planning to release a patch through a firmware update or will they make a new version such as hardware changes? Other than that, this is the only thing that is preventing me from purchasing this device. I want to thank all of the reviewers for taking the first hit and showing us what is good or bad with the device. This is how the vape industry will improve, through trial and error and of course, us testers.

i would love to purchase this device but most reviews say the same thing in regards to the overheating issue. Is the company planning to release a patch through a firmware update or will they make a new version such as hardware changes? Other than that, this is the only thing that is preventing me from purchasing this device. I want to thank all of the reviewers for taking the first hit and showing us what is good or bad with the device. This is how the vape industry will improve, through trial and error and of course, us testers.

I searched for over heating (overheating) and it seems like no-one has that problem here. Mine does not!

disGRUNTled

Gsc,Davinci IQ,on the porch drinking a Sur Mosaic from To Øl brewing.Watching RAW

mdOQWgP.jpg

oy8ek4l.jpg

Volteric

Sounds interesting. Does it enhance the flavor of the spent herb the longer you let everything pass through/filter ? Do you then vape what was in the flavor chamber?

Volteric,
Reactions: turk

Volteric

...yes...the herb in the chamber is gonna get "up graded" as the oils pass through it...it will be stronger...the longer you leave it in...then yes...you can vape that..as usual...but it will have a "kick"...similar to ageing liquor...hope that helps...there are other vapes on the market which perform this function..

Would this work with medium ground herb in flavor chamber or should they be nugs?

Volteric,

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
I tried loading up the flavor chamber with ground herbs when I first got my IQ. When I went to unload it, my herb was all stuck to the sides in a sticky mess. Thankfully I was at home, so I could scrape it out fairly easily on my table. But there was a lot of small pieces stuck in there. I like my vapes to stay clean so it drove me crazy lol. I keep it clean now, and just use the carry can for my on the go needs.

Volteric

I tried loading up the flavor chamber with ground herbs when I first got my IQ. When I went to unload it, my herb was all stuck to the sides in a sticky mess. Thankfully I was at home, so I could scrape it out fairly easily on my table. But there was a lot of small pieces stuck in there. I like my vapes to stay clean so it drove me crazy lol. I keep it clean now, and just use the carry can for my on the go needs.

Oh that would drive me nuts. I'm going to leave it in for a couple sessions probably not a week.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Just use a medium grind and keep it in the flavor chamber for 15 sessions The contents become chunks of sticky crumbs. I find the crumbs easy to handle and manage. The process is a potency inhancer, and the only practical way I know to collect and use resin for vaping. I find this process to be efficient and also look forward to using the flavor chamber contents.
Do not overpack the chamber, but you want maximum surface area for the resin to condense on.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
hey i lost the metal stirer, dont see any for sale on davinci's site. anyone know how to obtain another please @Davinci_vaporizer
They are the same metal picks the ascent uses. I'm sure you could pick some up if you don't mind the picks saying ascent instead of davinci (unless they changed the ascent picks too).

i would love to purchase this device but most reviews say the same thing in regards to the overheating issue.
I don't think it's too much of an issue...unless your super sensitive to heat.
It gets a hot as a pax when in use, there is just more surface area to it.

Oh that would drive me nuts. I'm going to leave it in for a couple sessions probably not a week.
Just to throw this out there...I used my flavor chamber loaded pretty much right out the box.
It does infuse your buds with wax and makes them very tasty...but it also limits the vapes performance by making cleaning mandatory faster and limiting the goodies reaching your system.

I probably won't use the chamber to store buds anymore.

Plus if you fine grind, the wax will be littered with plant particles and make a nice mud that can be scooped and vaped...it really shines in the milaana

crazferret

After meticulously reading all of the posts in this thread, I have pulled the trigger and ordered a Blue Davinci IQ from the manufacturer. Stealth was my first choice, but it didn't look like they had them in stock. Plus, it will be nice to have the IQ kinda match my Blue FF2.

I went with standard USPS Priority shipping. Hopefully, I get the device sooner than later. I also went ahead and hopped over to imrbatteries to snap up three of their Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Flat Tops to use as backups. Fortunately, I already have a nitecore D2 charger, so I should be set. I was super close to getting the Nectar Collector Honeybird Combo, but decided to wait. My birthday is around the corner and I am hoping we get another shot at a survey for $20.

This should really help round out my collection, even though things are getting a bit out of control.

Desktops: Volcano Digital, Herbalizer, Plenty
Portables: Mighty, Crafty, Grasshopper Ti, MFLB and soon the IQ

I love the options and that I can switch things up at any time. It will be interesting to see how the IQ switches up my rotation.

Adobewan

Here are two professional reviews that claim that it can over heat. Apparently, there is a way to over come that by packing the bowl very tight. Here are the links.
http://www.chipchick.com/2017/01/davinci-iq-vaporizer-review.html
https://www.vapecritic.com/davinci-iq/
This is unfortunate.
Really hoping, for all DaVinci owners and fans, the issues are handled with alacrity now that the launch in successfully underway.
This is a stellar unit, one that's not only worthy of every vaporists collection, but looking at the history of DaVinci, the next in a series of progressive steps forward. Each of their units learn from the previous and, more importantly, address current vaprists desire(removable battery, clean vapor path, easy to load, etc).
This is a company I hope continues to stay alive, productive, and innovative.

Top Bottom